Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:57 pm

They will look at applications on a periodical basis between now and April / May actually, according to the Hold FAQ that appeared as a link in my decision letter PDF... So the sooner the better for ass kissing. I am going to write all 3 optional essays (fictional TV character?? OK...), schedule a visit (flying all the way across country ftw) and of course, putting in a FAFSA + Need Access this weekend for them.

I want NU so bad. Soooo so bad.

User avatar
dpk711
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby dpk711 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:59 pm

tagged

User avatar
swimmergirl1303
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:59 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:They will look at applications on a periodical basis between now and April / May actually, according to the Hold FAQ that appeared as a link in my decision letter PDF... So the sooner the better for ass kissing. I am going to write all 3 optional essays (fictional TV character?? OK...), schedule a visit (flying all the way across country ftw) and of course, putting in a FAFSA + Need Access this weekend for them.

I want NU so bad. Soooo so bad.



Good luck Aggie! :D

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:00 pm

swimmergirl1303 wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:They will look at applications on a periodical basis between now and April / May actually, according to the Hold FAQ that appeared as a link in my decision letter PDF... So the sooner the better for ass kissing. I am going to write all 3 optional essays (fictional TV character?? OK...), schedule a visit (flying all the way across country ftw) and of course, putting in a FAFSA + Need Access this weekend for them.

I want NU so bad. Soooo so bad.



Good luck Aggie! :D


I'll need it. =/

I hate this "not a wl, but might as well be a wl" type of non-decision. =/

User avatar
rs2004
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby rs2004 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:06 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
swimmergirl1303 wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:They will look at applications on a periodical basis between now and April / May actually, according to the Hold FAQ that appeared as a link in my decision letter PDF... So the sooner the better for ass kissing. I am going to write all 3 optional essays (fictional TV character?? OK...), schedule a visit (flying all the way across country ftw) and of course, putting in a FAFSA + Need Access this weekend for them.

I want NU so bad. Soooo so bad.



Good luck Aggie! :D




I'll need it. =/

I hate this "not a wl, but might as well be a wl" type of non-decision. =/




Good luck! and also for U Wash!

User avatar
swimmergirl1303
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:07 pm

totally understandable Aggie. But I bet you can wow the pants off of them in person! I'm sure I'll be in the same boat next week. I think my status reupdating to 12/9 delayed my decision a week for no apparent reason. oy.

RTFM
Posts: 307
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:45 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby RTFM » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:11 pm

Held also. And so crushed. I reeeeeeally want to be in Chicago and I love both the U of C and NU anyway, but now I feel like both of them are leading me on just to be crushed even more further down the road.

plutonium210
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:22 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby plutonium210 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:12 pm

Holds??? Did NOT see that comming, but to be fair I did expect a boatload of waitlists, and this seems comparable. Kinda sad I wasn't in this batch since my stats aren't equal to or better than most of the holds. Ut oh!

User avatar
swimmergirl1303
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:15 pm

plutonium210 wrote:Holds??? Did NOT see that comming, but to be fair I did expect a boatload of waitlists, and this seems comparable. Kinda sad I wasn't in this batch since my stats aren't equal to or better than most of the holds. Ut oh!


samesies....

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:16 pm

plutonium210 wrote:Holds??? Did NOT see that comming, but to be fair I did expect a boatload of waitlists, and this seems comparable. Kinda sad I wasn't in this batch since my stats aren't equal to or better than most of the holds. Ut oh!


It's not really comparable because you can rot on a WL, whereas on hold, you absolutely have to have a decision rendered on your file by April/May. True, you can still be WL'd off that BUT it's still not exactly like a WL. I am more confident about the Hold status than the WL.

Thanks for the luck on U Wash! I would be excited to attend UW also, but NU is just so amazing, I love their "unorthodox" manner of doing things, with the interview and having a requirement (more or less) of WE for its applicants.

I can look it up when I get home but for anyone that it's convenient for: Does NU offer law class sit-in visits and if so how does one go about making the appt? I am on metro and on my phone and its internet capability is, let's say, leaving something to be desired. LOL :S

User avatar
BuckeyeGirl
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:29 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby BuckeyeGirl » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:17 pm

Anyone else horrified by the "hold" essay topics? As my dear friend said, "AdComm liked you...these essays could ruin that."

Sorry for sounding like a panicked crazy person...but I'm kind of a panicked crazy person.

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:35 pm

BuckeyeGirl wrote:Anyone else horrified by the "hold" essay topics? As my dear friend said, "AdComm liked you...these essays could ruin that."

Sorry for sounding like a panicked crazy person...but I'm kind of a panicked crazy person.


Oh I know, I am with you on the weird topics. I am going to write them, though. They liked me enough to overlook my lower 160s LSAT score (for now) and not ding the crap out of me, or WL me... so I don't think I can hurt myself by writing thoughtful, planned essay responses.

User avatar
mr_toad
Posts: 669
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:08 am

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby mr_toad » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:50 pm

Held, will definitely stay in the running. Am retaking the LSAT in February, partially for this type of situation....

User avatar
BuckeyeGirl
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:29 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby BuckeyeGirl » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:30 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
BuckeyeGirl wrote:Anyone else horrified by the "hold" essay topics? As my dear friend said, "AdComm liked you...these essays could ruin that."

Sorry for sounding like a panicked crazy person...but I'm kind of a panicked crazy person.


Oh I know, I am with you on the weird topics. I am going to write them, though. They liked me enough to overlook my lower 160s LSAT score (for now) and not ding the crap out of me, or WL me... so I don't think I can hurt myself by writing thoughtful, planned essay responses.


Agreed. I will be writing all three as well. But...tv character? Well, Northwestern, I have an irrationally emotional relationship with Carla from Scrubs, admire Christina from Grey's Anatomy, am kind of fascinated with 13 from House...and clearly enjoy medical dramas but want to go to law school. Please don't find me flaky...despite my clear flakiness and love of bad television.

Oh the horror! (And hopefully this brings a little levity...)

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:32 pm

I am kind of wondering how I am going to plan my attack of e-mails. I want to inquire about a law school visit and tour, but I don't want to do it in the same e-mail that I use for my continued interest as that feels campy to me (anyone disagree?). I don't want to wait TOO long to visit, but I also don't want to get stuck in a damn blizzard. LOL.

User avatar
rs2004
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby rs2004 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:32 pm

BuckeyeGirl wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
BuckeyeGirl wrote:Anyone else horrified by the "hold" essay topics? As my dear friend said, "AdComm liked you...these essays could ruin that."

Sorry for sounding like a panicked crazy person...but I'm kind of a panicked crazy person.


Oh I know, I am with you on the weird topics. I am going to write them, though. They liked me enough to overlook my lower 160s LSAT score (for now) and not ding the crap out of me, or WL me... so I don't think I can hurt myself by writing thoughtful, planned essay responses.


Agreed. I will be writing all three as well. But...tv character? Well, Northwestern, I have an irrationally emotional relationship with Carla from Scrubs, admire Christina from Grey's Anatomy, am kind of fascinated with 13 from House...and clearly enjoy medical dramas but want to go to law school. Please don't find me flaky...despite my clear flakiness and love of bad television.

Oh the horror! (And hopefully this brings a little levity...)


i hope someone writes about a character from glee...or modern family.

pimpsdontcry
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:43 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby pimpsdontcry » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:37 am

i guess i'll wait by the comp for an auto-ding tomorrow. :'( . I thought they liked me enough to at least hold me. oh wellsss

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby Hannibal » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:39 am

pimpsdontcry wrote: I thought they liked me enough to at least hold me.


A common mistake.

rli66
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:09 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby rli66 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:49 am

WL Today

User avatar
BarnabeSpooge
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:19 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby BarnabeSpooge » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:56 am

Was anyone actually accepted today?

User avatar
zworykin
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby zworykin » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:03 am

On hold...

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby neonx » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:07 am

I sent in my app (via paper), like, a week ago, no word yet... in terms of a status checker e-mail. Should I be concerned?

pimpsdontcry
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:43 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby pimpsdontcry » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:36 am

neonx wrote:I sent in my app (via paper), like, a week ago, no word yet... in terms of a status checker e-mail. Should I be concerned?


maybe there's a method to this madness, and no one has given me a straight answer. WHY PAPER?!

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby neonx » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:37 am

pimpsdontcry wrote:
neonx wrote:I sent in my app (via paper), like, a week ago, no word yet... in terms of a status checker e-mail. Should I be concerned?


maybe there's a method to this madness, and no one has given me a straight answer. WHY PAPER?!


I'll send you a PM.

User avatar
mr_toad
Posts: 669
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:08 am

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby mr_toad » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:56 am

Here comes a stupid question. They want all updates done electronically "to be green and have a paperless process". But it looks like we need to print this form out and send it in, right?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 88234, Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], bleakchimera2, eastring, glockov, Kaziende, lawschool2016nyc, lg77, longsh0305, mav1993, mm2368, mse2020, potterotter, Snowjon, ValeVale, VapidP, whodareswins, yyymmm and 44 guests