Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:15 pm

Nothing for me today. Surprised I didn't get dinged.

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby krad » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:15 pm

bk1 wrote:
krad wrote:
Hannibal wrote:Is this just a massive batch of holds? Shit.

Edit: no wonder they left early, since this decision probably provokes the most calls.


Blah.


Looks like they are trying to keep to their 8 week decision timeframe yet still give themselves more time to shape their class.

I agree: BLAH!


TITCR

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby Hannibal » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:15 pm

I'm probably just gonna withdraw. I'm not gonna wait past April to start planning, and I wouldn't go to NU at sticker.

User avatar
Trustbuster
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby Trustbuster » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:15 pm

No way I can wait. I never understood some of these school's time frames.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13605
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby Flips88 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:15 pm

RJ127 wrote:They will notify held people by May? That's a ways away...


And after many schools' first round of deposit due dates.

User avatar
xtine
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby xtine » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:16 pm

wow, why did they call this a batch of decisions? seems more like a batch of lack of decision.
Last edited by xtine on Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
awilson11
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby awilson11 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:16 pm

krad wrote:To those just held, how do we feel about waiting until May for them to revisit the apps? :evil: I don't know if I can wait that long to make a decision on other schools...

If I get held, then I am going to withdraw. I am already skeptical about living (freezing) in Chicago.

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby krad » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:16 pm

Flips88 wrote:
RJ127 wrote:They will notify held people by May? That's a ways away...


And after many schools' first round of deposit due dates.


My main point :(

Oh well, SO and I are headed to Chi at the end of Feb so I'll probably see what I can finagle.

User avatar
rs2004
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby rs2004 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:17 pm

no email. what a bust. im gonna leave work then.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13605
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby Flips88 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:18 pm

krad wrote:
Flips88 wrote:
RJ127 wrote:They will notify held people by May? That's a ways away...


And after many schools' first round of deposit due dates.


My main point :(

Oh well, SO and I are headed to Chi at the end of Feb so I'll probably see what I can finagle.


FYI:

NU Website wrote:Starting September 1, on-campus interviews will be available every weekday except Wednesdays and university holidays through March 4, 2011. Interviews offered after March 4 are for hold candidates only. Candidates on hold may not interview prior to March 4 and interview dates will be posted for candidates on hold in late January.

Source: http://www.law.northwestern.edu/admissi ... rview.html

User avatar
speedyj88
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:18 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby speedyj88 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:19 pm

rs2004 wrote:no email. what a bust. im gonna leave work then.

+1, hopefully accepts are coming out soon? Doubtful, but we can hope, right?

User avatar
servo
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:15 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby servo » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:19 pm

xtine wrote:wow, why did they call this a batch of decisions? seems more like a batch of lack of decision.


interesting to note in the last tweet that they say "notifications are being sent..."
Last edited by servo on Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby krad » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:19 pm

Flips88 wrote:
krad wrote:
Flips88 wrote:
RJ127 wrote:They will notify held people by May? That's a ways away...


And after many schools' first round of deposit due dates.


My main point :(

Oh well, SO and I are headed to Chi at the end of Feb so I'll probably see what I can finagle.


FYI:

NU Website wrote:Starting September 1, on-campus interviews will be available every weekday except Wednesdays and university holidays through March 4, 2011. Interviews offered after March 4 are for hold candidates only. Candidates on hold may not interview prior to March 4 and interview dates will be posted for candidates on hold in late January.

Source: http://www.law.northwestern.edu/admissi ... rview.html


Thanks Flips. We're headed there regardless in late Feb to visit his fam, so I guess I'll just visit or something and then get the heck back there a few weeks later if I haven't already accepted another school.

mistermister
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby mistermister » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:20 pm

Have there been many RD dings at all yet?

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby Gotti » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:21 pm

no email......with all the other reverse splitters who didn't get an email, can't help but think this is a ding.

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby Hannibal » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:21 pm

So many schools are getting heavy with the WLs and holds because they want to keep their numbers up with fewer applicants. The spiteful person in me hopes it bites them in the ass big time.

/bad cycle angst

User avatar
gov
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:27 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby gov » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:22 pm

I have been held...and I am so relieved/overwhelmed. AHHH what to do

User avatar
goingeast
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:14 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby goingeast » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:22 pm

mistermister wrote:Have there been many RD dings at all yet?


There was a round of them on Monday, including mine.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18421
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby bk1 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:22 pm

krad wrote:
Flips88 wrote:
RJ127 wrote:They will notify held people by May? That's a ways away...


And after many schools' first round of deposit due dates.


My main point :(

Oh well, SO and I are headed to Chi at the end of Feb so I'll probably see what I can finagle.


Looks like this might be a soft waitlist if they don't actually review until May according to:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/images/d ... estern.jpg

They do say they might review before May but this is looking very meh.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13605
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby Flips88 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:23 pm

Hannibal wrote:So many schools are getting heavy with the WLs and holds because they want to keep their numbers up with fewer applicants. The spiteful person in me hopes it bites them in the ass big time.

/bad cycle angst


I propose the users on TLS pool money and buy U.S. News and World Report so we have the power

User avatar
eskimogirl
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby eskimogirl » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:24 pm

held as well. definitely withdrawing my application.

User avatar
rs2004
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby rs2004 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:24 pm

did the hold notifications need to be downloaded?

User avatar
eskimogirl
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby eskimogirl » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:27 pm

rs2004 wrote:did the hold notifications need to be downloaded?


yes. and the lack of decision felt extremely anticlimactic.

User avatar
servo
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:15 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby servo » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:28 pm

guess NU wants to retain their power over applicants a little longer

User avatar
rs2004
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Postby rs2004 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:29 pm

eskimogirl wrote:
rs2004 wrote:did the hold notifications need to be downloaded?


yes. and the lack of decision felt extremely anticlimactic.



ok thanks. this was just weird.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”