Northwestern 2011 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rs2004

Silver

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Post by rs2004 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:50 pm

ArchRoark wrote:Johann's twitter avatar threw me off for awhile... I really thought he was a Mr. Miyagi look a like, then I realized that it was just a pic Mr Miyagi. Attempted to find a real picture of Johann has proven unsuccessful. It was much more fun reading his status updates imagining miyagi saying them.
Miyagi: We make sacred pact. I promise teach [law] to you, you promise learn. I say, you do, no questions.

haha awesome

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:56 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
bk187 wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Held.

Going to buy plane tickets to take a flight out there as soon as the weather is less frightful.

I am so so so shocked they didn't ding me.

Go NU~!!
Looks like that makes two Aggies are going to be headed to Chicago to interview. :)
WOOT! Actually, I already interviewed! Or did you mean another interview? Can I do that? :O

My heart STOPPED and I almost fell out of my chair in class when the NU e-mail popped up. I am pretty sure I squeaked when I read that it wasn't a ding. LOL
I haven't interviewed yet. That's why I'll be flying out there.

You can't interview twice as far as I know.

gov

Bronze

Post by gov » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:58 pm

bk187 wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
bk187 wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Held.

Going to buy plane tickets to take a flight out there as soon as the weather is less frightful.

I am so so so shocked they didn't ding me.

Go NU~!!
Looks like that makes two Aggies are going to be headed to Chicago to interview. :)
WOOT! Actually, I already interviewed! Or did you mean another interview? Can I do that? :O

My heart STOPPED and I almost fell out of my chair in class when the NU e-mail popped up. I am pretty sure I squeaked when I read that it wasn't a ding. LOL
I haven't interviewed yet. That's why I'll be flying out there.

You can't interview twice as far as I know.
I called and he said it wasn't necessary but I could if I wanted to. I asked if it would make a difference and got no answer...so I really cant say if it is worth it or not?

femme

New

Post by femme » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:02 pm

govorett wrote:
bk187 wrote: You can't interview twice as far as I know.
I called and he said it wasn't necessary but I could if I wanted to. I asked if it would make a difference and got no answer...so I really cant say if it is worth it or not?
If you have the time and means to go, why not? Especially if you feel that you could convey something new

gov

Bronze

Post by gov » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:06 pm

femme wrote:
govorett wrote:
If you have the time and means to go, why not? Especially if you feel that you could convey something new
I intend to... if anything, they'll know I want it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

HappyinDC

New

Post by HappyinDC » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:36 pm

Gotti wrote:
HappyinDC wrote:
femme wrote:@nulawadmissions - More decisions are on the agenda for today! Notifications will be sent out this afternoon. We'll tweet when they go out!
WHY! Now that I've read this, I will be completely useless allll day.
+1 hopefully they're acceptances...i'm due for a decision
I'm not even sure I'm due for a decision. I just WANT one. I keep having dreams about getting admissions/rejections letters from NU and U Chicago and I cannot think about anything else! It's so sad....

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:38 pm

govorett wrote:
femme wrote:
govorett wrote:
I intend to... if anything, they'll know I want it.
I plan to stop by the campus when I'm there next month (on an already-planned family visit), and hopefully I can chat with admissions. It looks like you can interview on-campus if the first time was off-campus. It sounds like it's not necessary/may not do much?

gov

Bronze

Post by gov » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:46 pm

krad wrote: It sounds like it's not necessary/may not do much?
That's the impression I got. But if I am there, hell..why not.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:47 pm

govorett wrote:
That's what I think.

If you already did an on-campus then I wouldn't do a second one, but if your first one was an off-campus one with an alum I could see a reason for doing a second one on-campus just in case.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

pimpsdontcry

Bronze

Post by pimpsdontcry » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:36 pm

i am literally just sitting here pressing f5. I have a proposal and a midterm on monday. NU may just ruin me.

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:37 pm

bk187 wrote: If you already did an on-campus then I wouldn't do a second one, but if your first one was an off-campus one with an alum I could see a reason for doing a second one on-campus just in case.
My exact position, so I'll see what I can finagle when I'm up there I guess...

Good luck to those waiting for today's decisions!

rs2004

Silver

Post by rs2004 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:38 pm

pimpsdontcry wrote:i am literally just sitting here pressing f5. I have a proposal and a midterm on monday. NU may just ruin me.
check out other forums besides this one. it helps! i have been reading hte ones where 1/2/3Ls answer prospective/admitted students' questions and the choosing a law school forum. it is insightful if you have any questions on some schools you've applied to.

pimpsdontcry

Bronze

Post by pimpsdontcry » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:40 pm

rs2004 wrote:
pimpsdontcry wrote:i am literally just sitting here pressing f5. I have a proposal and a midterm on monday. NU may just ruin me.
check out other forums besides this one. it helps! i have been reading hte ones where 1/2/3Ls answer prospective/admitted students' questions and the choosing a law school forum. it is insightful if you have any questions on some schools you've applied to.
:) thanks for the advice. i will try my best to keep preoccupied..........

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:42 pm

...or you can go to the Lounge and be thoroughly entertained by non-LS-related matters :)

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:43 pm

krad wrote:...or you can go to the Lounge and be thoroughly entertained by non-LS-related matters :)
+1

/blatant Girls Talk thread trolling :lol:

rs2004

Silver

Post by rs2004 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:43 pm

krad wrote:...or you can go to the Lounge and be thoroughly entertained by non-LS-related matters :)
what is the lounge?

femme

New

Post by femme » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:44 pm

rs2004 wrote:
what is the lounge?
It's a time suck

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:44 pm

rs2004 wrote:
what is the lounge?
http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=10

rs2004

Silver

Post by rs2004 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:47 pm

Gotti wrote:
rs2004 wrote:
what is the lounge?
hahaha. all i need is to read the thread titles.

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:49 pm

bk187 wrote:
govorett wrote:
That's what I think.

If you already did an on-campus then I wouldn't do a second one, but if your first one was an off-campus one with an alum I could see a reason for doing a second one on-campus just in case.
Can you cite your source? I did an off-campus interview and I'd be totally willing to go an on-campus interview if I can. I read *somewhere* on the NU site (and didn't bookmark it, doh) that you can't interview twice.

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:50 pm

rs2004 wrote:
Gotti wrote:
rs2004 wrote:
what is the lounge?
hahaha. all i need is to read the thread titles.
it is a fun, magical place indeed. hint: Girls Talk thread is where it's AT

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

pimpsdontcry

Bronze

Post by pimpsdontcry » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:52 pm

@Aggiegrad2011

if i've learned anything from my experience in the professional field, first impressions always count the most :)

but it's different if you're wanting to get some one on one time with his excellency - johann (brownie points? :mrgreen: ).

rs2004

Silver

Post by rs2004 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:52 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
bk187 wrote:
govorett wrote:
That's what I think.

Can you cite your source? I did an off-campus interview and I'd be totally willing to go an on-campus interview if I can. I read *somewhere* on the NU site (and didn't bookmark it, doh) that you can't interview twice.
in that hold status blog, it says if you have already did an interview, on or off-campus, "you are good to go"/don't have to interview again.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:53 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Can you cite your source? I did an off-campus interview and I'd be totally willing to go an on-campus interview if I can. I read *somewhere* on the NU site (and didn't bookmark it, doh) that you can't interview twice.
Just parroting my feelings in regards to what someone said in a post at the top of this page:
govorett wrote:
bk187 wrote:You can't interview twice as far as I know.
@Aggie: I'd say call if you want more info on it.

gov

Bronze

Post by gov » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:55 pm

I called. He said "you don't need do we already have an interview file for you. But you can". I asked if it mattered/was recommended and didn't get a straight answer.

I am trying to get to Chicago in March and I will do one.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”