Northwestern 2011 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
forward

Bronze

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Post by forward » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:04 pm

RJ127 wrote:
Upton Sinclair wrote:Sorry, everyone. I was semi-freaking out yesterday when my ED application was put on hold, and didn't take the time to congratulate everyone that got accepted. So despite being a selfish dick, I really want to congratulate everyone. Great job, guys.

Now that I have had time for my head to clear, I realize that I'm not out of the running by any means. NU is my top choice by leaps and bounds (so much so that it feels like my only choice), so I'm going to do everything in my power to get in.

Again, congratulations to all. I'll see you in Chicago in August (hopefully).
Sending positivity to you, good sir.

rupret1

Bronze

Post by rupret1 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:05 pm

Congrats to everyone that heard back today or yesterday!

I'm expecting a ding from Northwestern. I was unable to do an interview because of my work schedule, and then somehow my recommendation letters didn't make it with my file from LSAC to Northwestern. I called NU who told me they won't hold a file for letters and to call LSAC to figure out what the problem was. LSAC said they'd take care of it, but then called back and said NU doesn't require recommendation letters so they don't want mine now. I'm pretty sure there's no way I'll get in without the letters especially considering my lack of interview. It sucks that it shook down that way, and I'm not sure why CRS charges all that money if they aren't willing to fix mistakes that occur. What a racket.
Last edited by rupret1 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Upton Sinclair

Bronze

Post by Upton Sinclair » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:06 pm

Thanks, guys.

ela7117

New

Post by ela7117 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:07 pm

Just got the acceptance email, RD, stats in profile. Submitted app in Sept. Good luck to all

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:07 pm

Ginj wrote:
dddhhh wrote:IN!!! Via email!!! RD.

Freaking OUT. Congrats everyone!!!
...URM?

or REALLY compelling addendum...?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:11 pm

Congrats to all of you who got in!

Looking at LSN, it seems those who got in with borderline numbers didn't get in until March (even with Nov/Dec complete dates). Holding on for a long wait (hopefully... ;))

rupret1 wrote:Congrats to everyone that heard back today or yesterday!

I'm expecting a ding from Northwestern. I was unable to do an interview because of my work schedule, and then somehow my recommendation letters didn't make it with my file from LSAC to Northwestern. I called NU who told me they won't hold a file for letters and to call LSAC to figure out what the problem was. LSAC said they'd take care of it, but then called back and said NU doesn't require recommendation letters so they don't want mine now. I'm pretty sure there's no way I'll get in without the letters especially considering my lack of interview. It sucks that it shook down that way, especially after spending $$ on CRS and the NU app fee. Kinda feels like I wasted my time and money.
Would any of your LOR writers be willing to submit a CPE? S/he can do so online: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=R ... 1vug_3d_3d

Z3RO

Silver

Post by Z3RO » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:15 pm

I'm expecting a ding from Northwestern. I was unable to do an interview because of my work schedule, and then somehow my recommendation letters didn't make it with my file from LSAC to Northwestern. I called NU who told me they won't hold a file for letters and to call LSAC to figure out what the problem was. LSAC said they'd take care of it, but then called back and said NU doesn't require recommendation letters so they don't want mine now. I'm pretty sure there's no way I'll get in without the letters especially considering my lack of interview. It sucks that it shook down that way, and I'm not sure why CRS charges all that money if they aren't willing to fix mistakes that occur. What a racket.
I had the same thing happen to me. I emailed Northwestern and LSAC, so I went back and forth between the two for some time. Eventually a guy at NW said he would just check my file for me to see if my letter was there and miraculously it was.

See if you can get them to do that. Peace of mind.

rupret1

Bronze

Post by rupret1 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:18 pm

Lwoods wrote:Congrats to all of you who got in!

Looking at LSN, it seems those who got in with borderline numbers didn't get in until March (even with Nov/Dec complete dates). Holding on for a long wait (hopefully... ;))

I'm expecting a ding from Northwestern. I was unable to do an interview because of my work schedule, and then somehow my recommendation letters didn't make it with my file from LSAC to Northwestern. I called NU who told me they won't hold a file for letters and to call LSAC to figure out what the problem was. LSAC said they'd take care of it, but then called back and said NU doesn't require recommendation letters so they don't want mine now. I'm pretty sure there's no way I'll get in without the letters especially considering my lack of interview. It sucks that it shook down that way, especially after spending $$ on CRS and the NU app fee. Kinda feels like I wasted my time and money.
Would any of your LOR writers be willing to submit a CPE? S/he can do so online: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=R ... 1vug_3d_3d
Thanks for this! I e-mailed it to my boss. I hope he can get it done quick before I get passed over.

rupret1

Bronze

Post by rupret1 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:22 pm

Z3RO wrote:

I had the same thing happen to me. I emailed Northwestern and LSAC, so I went back and forth between the two for some time. Eventually a guy at NW said he would just check my file for me to see if my letter was there and miraculously it was.

See if you can get them to do that. Peace of mind.
I might try this, but the person I talked to at Northwestern was probably one of the least helpful people I've ever dealt with in my life. Grumpy Grumperton.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

homestyle28

Gold

Post by homestyle28 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:14 pm

Congrats folks who got in today! The class o' 2014 thread is here: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 8&t=126571

dddhhh

Bronze

Post by dddhhh » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:23 pm

Gotti wrote:

Congrats! Are those your real stats on your profile?

Yes! Believe it or not miracles do happen!
153, 3.85

Every school I applied to denied me last year, I got some work experience after undergrad-had a really wonderful interview-and have really great softs. Keep believing people and never give up!!!

homestyle28

Gold

Post by homestyle28 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:25 pm

dddhhh wrote:
Gotti wrote:

153, 3.85

Every school I applied to denied me last year, I got some work experience after undergrad-had a really wonderful interview-and have really great softs. Keep believing people and never give up!!!
Congrats

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:56 pm

dddhhh wrote:
Gotti wrote:

153, 3.85

Holy crap this gives me hope.

Congrats!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

stlisforlovers

Bronze

Post by stlisforlovers » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:02 pm

Congrats to all the new acceptances!!

maybe northwestern will love me regardless of my underwhelming numbers :?

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:09 pm

rupret1 wrote: I might try this, but the person I talked to at Northwestern was probably one of the least helpful people I've ever dealt with in my life. Grumpy Grumperton.
I work in an admissions office and some people are just grumpertons. Most, however, are more then willing to help out students, as long as the student is calm, polite, and coherent. I would just call again and hope that someone else picks up the phone.

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:27 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:Congrats to all the new acceptances!!

maybe northwestern will love me regardless of my underwhelming numbers :?

Oh god if your numbers are underwhelming mine are auto-ding.

trudat15

Silver

Post by trudat15 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:04 pm

So judging by the silence, I'm assuming the first wave is over?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BearHugs

New

Post by BearHugs » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:07 pm

ela7117 wrote:Just got the acceptance email, RD, stats in profile. Submitted app in Sept. Good luck to all
+1

hemm

Bronze

Post by hemm » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:46 pm

In via email! Submitted 9/26.

Congrats to all the admits so far and good luck to those still waiting!

Edit: Status checker doesn't reflect the decision yet. wonky i tried to PM you but I guess your PMs are disabled or something?

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:37 am

hemm wrote: Edit: Status checker doesn't reflect the decision yet.
Same.

In the email it said that the official offer PDF would be available after 6:00pm. It is not showing up in my status checker. Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

dorriedoodle

New

Post by dorriedoodle » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:46 am

Same thing for me. Status hasn't changed, but the admitted students page is nice. Sooo excited!~

Was worried about not getting CPE's or whatever they're called. Just did LORs.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

hipstermafia

Silver

Post by hipstermafia » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:57 am

my status hasn't changed either

wonkymonkey

New

Post by wonkymonkey » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:39 pm

Mine hasn't changed either after receiving an acceptance email yesterday.

wonkymonkey

New

Post by wonkymonkey » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:46 pm

[quote="hemm"]In via email! Submitted 9/26.

Congrats to all the admits so far and good luck to those still waiting!

Edit: Status checker doesn't reflect the decision yet. wonky i tried to PM you but I guess your PMs are disabled or something?[/quote]

Sorry about that hemm! Okay, I was started to freak out a little bit. It seems that even people who got the pdf and accepted had problems opening it as well. Hopefully we will get confirmation of our acceptance on Monday. My bf goes to medical school there and is flying home with NU law gear for xmas...lol.

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:27 pm

Just thought I'd revive TT for all those RD's still waiting... :)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”