Northwestern 2011 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Jackson Pollock

Bronze

Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Post by Jackson Pollock » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:55 am

No NU love, TLS?

Lwoods

Silver

Re: Northwestern 2011 Applicants

Post by Lwoods » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:18 am

There are many a Northwestern thread, but none in this area, it seems. NU is my hopeful reach. My numbers yield a "consider" from the law school predictor, and I will have 5 years WE when I enter, so I'm hoping for a waitlist that I'll then work assertively to get off of. Or a straight up acceptance would be nice, too, but I don't expect it. *fingers crossed*!

Good luck, all! :)

homestyle28

Gold

Post by homestyle28 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:21 am

Lwoods wrote:There are many a Northwestern thread, but none in this area, it seems. NU is my hopeful reach. My numbers yield a "consider" from the law school predictor, and I will have 5 years WE when I enter, so I'm hoping for a waitlist that I'll then work assertively to get off of. Or a straight up acceptance would be nice, too, but I don't expect it. *fingers crossed*!

ED?

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:06 am

homestyle28 wrote:
Lwoods wrote:There are many a Northwestern thread, but none in this area, it seems. NU is my hopeful reach. My numbers yield a "consider" from the law school predictor, and I will have 5 years WE when I enter, so I'm hoping for a waitlist that I'll then work assertively to get off of. Or a straight up acceptance would be nice, too, but I don't expect it. *fingers crossed*!

ED?
Too late... I already submitted RD back in September and interviewed off-campus because my husband's residency is not in Chicago. I'm kicking myself a little bit now because it turns out I'm not crazy about the T1 LS in our current city. We'll see what happens, I suppose.

homestyle28

Gold

Post by homestyle28 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:13 am

Lwoods wrote:
homestyle28 wrote:

ED?
Too late... I already submitted RD back in September and interviewed off-campus because my husband's residency is not in Chicago. I'm kicking myself a little bit now because it turns out I'm not crazy about the T1 LS in our current city. We'll see what happens, I suppose.
Well good luck. I'm rooting for more married folks to be @ NU w/me next year. 5 years WE should help you and getting the app in so early should be a bonus too.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hipstermafia

Silver

Post by hipstermafia » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:28 am

i love NU. i hope they love me.

LLB2JD

Silver

Post by LLB2JD » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:32 am

This is my first choice. I haven't applied yet - taking the December LSAT

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:19 am

homestyle28 wrote:
Lwoods wrote:
homestyle28 wrote:

ED?
Well good luck. I'm rooting for more married folks to be @ NU w/me next year. 5 years WE should help you and getting the app in so early should be a bonus too.
With so much focus on WE and non-traditional applicants, no doubt there'll be a healthy number of married folks. If I'm accepted, I'll be one of 'em as well. I'm just a consider also, so I guess it's 38-62% but hopefully since my WE is in hunting Al-Qaeda, they'll love me to pieces.

calvmpv

Bronze

Post by calvmpv » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:42 am

I wasn't planning on applying to Northwestern, but yesterday I received a fee waiver from them and now I'm considering it.

I was ready fill out the application and send it off, but it's a bit different from all the other schools I applied to. They ask about career goals and interests and they don't require LORs but will accept a CPE. I would have to put in a little extra work on this app if I decide to apply.

Also, I'm still in undergrad and have no significant WE except for summer employment and a few semester internships. Because of the high value they place on WE, would I have to specifically tailor my resume to them? On the resume I am using now, I don't list references. If I apply, should I list them and then inform my references that I've provided their contact info, etc?

LSP says "ADMIT" if I check URM, but "CONSIDER" if I don't. With no WE, a 172, and a 3.6...do you guys think it's worth it?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

homestyle28

Gold

Post by homestyle28 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:22 am

calvmpv wrote:I wasn't planning on applying to Northwestern, but yesterday I received a fee waiver from them and now I'm considering it.

I was ready fill out the application and send it off, but it's a bit different from all the other schools I applied to. They ask about career goals and interests and they don't require LORs but will accept a CPE. I would have to put in a little extra work on this app if I decide to apply.

Also, I'm still in undergrad and have no significant WE except for summer employment and a few semester internships. Because of the high value they place on WE, would I have to specifically tailor my resume to them? On the resume I am using now, I don't list references. If I apply, should I list them and then inform my references that I've provided their contact info, etc?

LSP says "ADMIT" if I check URM, but "CONSIDER" if I don't. With no WE, a 172, and a 3.6...do you guys think it's worth it?
Yes.

RTFM

Bronze

Post by RTFM » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:04 pm

The only thing holding me up on submitting my app is writing the "Why NU?" essay. I LOVE NU, and I have a ton to say about why I want to go there, but I am having law school essay fatigue. Sigh. NU is a reach for me so I feel like I have to write the essay.

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:39 pm

Complete at NU. I did the interview back in September, I hope I didn't mess it up.

homestyle28

Gold

Post by homestyle28 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:48 pm

Hannibal wrote:Complete at NU. I did the interview back in September, I hope I didn't mess it up.
Good luck, though your tar makes me want to root against you. Dumbledore lives!...god I have too much free time at work.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dodgerboy86

New

Post by dodgerboy86 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:35 pm

Got a Fee Waiver on Tuesday, submitted my application yesterday ... wasn't even considering Northwestern, but hey, when a T11 school offers you a fee waiver you sure as heck better apply there ... good luck all!

Miranda 18

New

Post by Miranda 18 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:52 pm

Throwing in an application as well.....I would love to attend Northwestern and will be having an on campus interview this wednesday! Anyone have any tips on admissions interviewers?

homestyle28

Gold

Post by homestyle28 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:56 pm

Miranda 18 wrote:Throwing in an application as well.....I would love to attend Northwestern and will be having an on campus interview this wednesday! Anyone have any tips on admissions interviewers?
I did an off-campus interview with an alum who had a non-standard career. There are some Northwestern Interview threads around if you search but in general: be professional, be prepared to answer why LS and why NU (i.e. do some research if you haven't, don't just say you love chicago and NU is a good school). Bring resumes and be prepared to discuss what's on it.

eliekedourie

Bronze

Post by eliekedourie » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:08 pm

Got my email yesterday that my app has been received but is not yet complete because they haven't received a hard copy of my report. I had my on campus interview on Tuesday and I think it went really well. I'm a bit of a reach at 3.5/170, but I have almost 4yrs of very unique WE so I've applied ED. NU is by far my top choice. How long did it take for you guys to go complete once they received the electronic report?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

trudat15

Silver

Post by trudat15 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:29 pm

Interviewed in Sept. Complete on 10/29 but no movement aside from that.

thesybarite

Bronze

Post by thesybarite » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:04 am

Interviewed in Sept, haven't applied yet.

Signing on to this thread to motivate myself. What's the general consensus with the new LOR thing - has everyone done it?

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:24 am

I'm complete at NU, but I didn't interview. I'm a 24 hour train ride from the closest interview location, so I think they'll understand, but still. It's a reach with my numbers 3.3/172(retake).

oxford_don

Bronze

Post by oxford_don » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:49 pm

[]
Last edited by oxford_don on Mon May 12, 2014 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

CSCS Trainer

New

Post by CSCS Trainer » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:05 pm

My app is in and I have an on-campus interview scheduled for 12/3. It's a complete reach for me, but I do have 15 years full-time work experience, worked full-time through both my undergrad and graduate degrees, and have regional management experience for a very large corporation. I got a need-based fee waiver, so why not. :D

dodgerboy86

New

Post by dodgerboy86 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:32 pm

Eugenie Danglars wrote:I'm complete at NU, but I didn't interview. I'm a 24 hour train ride from the closest interview location, so I think they'll understand, but still. It's a reach with my numbers 3.3/172(retake).
Far from a reach! You've got a good shot! That LSAT puts you in what? The top 2-3%

Jackson Pollock

Bronze

Post by Jackson Pollock » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:41 pm

dodgerboy86 wrote:
Eugenie Danglars wrote:I'm complete at NU, but I didn't interview. I'm a 24 hour train ride from the closest interview location, so I think they'll understand, but still. It's a reach with my numbers 3.3/172(retake).
Far from a reach! You've got a good shot! That LSAT puts you in what? The top 2-3%
For Northwestern, their 75th is 172.

archie&veronica

New

Post by archie&veronica » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:42 pm

For those of you who are complete at Northwestern: how long did it take for you to receive an email with this information? I submitted about a week ago and I haven't gotten any confirmation...did it take a while?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”