Temple 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
haleydee
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:42 pm

Re: Temple 2011

Postby haleydee » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:58 pm

philswfc2008 wrote:
Evrydyhonestliar wrote:Who is all going to the open house next weekend? That's the final step toward me becoming an Owl I believe haha


I'll definitely be there! Looking forward to it for sure!



i'll be there too!

User avatar
mims
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:21 am

Re: Temple 2011

Postby mims » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:03 pm

cheers09 wrote:
mims wrote:In as well. Does anyone know if scholarship info is included with the admissions packet? I'm a Philadelphia resident but hopeful for something.


Congrats!!

I got a letter in mine for a merit scholarship..more like a little nod than a scholarship but I'll take it. I'm a Philly resident too, so I guess we're in the same boat. I think I've heard one or two people in here mention they got scholarship info subsequent to their packet though...


Thanks!! Will update if I receive anything with the packet.

NJPharmD2011
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:47 pm

Re: Temple 2011

Postby NJPharmD2011 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:49 am

haleydee wrote:
philswfc2008 wrote:
Evrydyhonestliar wrote:Who is all going to the open house next weekend? That's the final step toward me becoming an Owl I believe haha


I'll definitely be there! Looking forward to it for sure!



i'll be there too!


+1

User avatar
rs2004
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: Temple 2011

Postby rs2004 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:58 pm

to those who have applied to the barroway topaz scholarship, has anyone gotten word about advancement to the next round?

User avatar
Bless
Posts: 533
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:32 am

Re: Temple 2011

Postby Bless » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:57 pm

While I'm into for ASD at Villanova, I'm going to be checking out Temple as well. I'm still UR.

Anyone else going to the Prospective Group Information Session on Tuesday?

User avatar
oreo3405
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: Temple 2011

Postby oreo3405 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:04 pm

Bless wrote:While I'm into for ASD at Villanova, I'm going to be checking out Temple as well. I'm still UR.

Anyone else going to the Prospective Group Information Session on Tuesday?



the one 10:30 am to 1:15 pm? I am considering it, since I want to visit, but Idk if i can miss anymore class time, haha.

User avatar
Bless
Posts: 533
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:32 am

Re: Temple 2011

Postby Bless » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:32 pm

oreo3405 wrote:
Bless wrote:While I'm into for ASD at Villanova, I'm going to be checking out Temple as well. I'm still UR.

Anyone else going to the Prospective Group Information Session on Tuesday?



the one 10:30 am to 1:15 pm? I am considering it, since I want to visit, but Idk if i can miss anymore class time, haha.

Yup, that's the one. Go!

User avatar
oreo3405
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: Temple 2011

Postby oreo3405 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:41 pm

Bless wrote:
oreo3405 wrote:
Bless wrote:While I'm into for ASD at Villanova, I'm going to be checking out Temple as well. I'm still UR.

Anyone else going to the Prospective Group Information Session on Tuesday?



the one 10:30 am to 1:15 pm? I am considering it, since I want to visit, but Idk if i can miss anymore class time, haha.

Yup, that's the one. Go!



I'll shoot out an email to my professors, make sure I can miss class (I'm graduating, whatever, haha) I'll PM you and let you know if I'm going.

morristmm
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:39 pm

Re: Temple 2011

Postby morristmm » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:10 pm

I got accepted in January (168 / 3.9) with a $5000/renewable scholarship (in-state). Temple's my first choice, but I was really hoping for more help (especially since my financial need is considerably high--I'm independent, married, three kids, low income, etc.)...

I negotiated with Temple for weeks (had a free ride at Chicago-Kent to leverage), but they just wouldn't budge. Anyone think it's worth petitioning them again after more Ivy-bound candidates withdraw (and leave their scholarship offers behind)? I'd love even a couple more thousand dollars...

I'll be at the Admitted Students Open house next weekend--maybe I'll catch a couple of you there.

User avatar
rs2004
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: Temple 2011

Postby rs2004 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:30 pm

morristmm wrote:I got accepted in January (168 / 3.9) with a $5000/renewable scholarship (in-state). Temple's my first choice, but I was really hoping for more help (especially since my financial need is considerably high--I'm independent, married, three kids, low income, etc.)...

I negotiated with Temple for weeks (had a free ride at Chicago-Kent to leverage), but they just wouldn't budge. Anyone think it's worth petitioning them again after more Ivy-bound candidates withdraw (and leave their scholarship offers behind)? I'd love even a couple more thousand dollars...

I'll be at the Admitted Students Open house next weekend--maybe I'll catch a couple of you there.


yes definitely.

LSATclincher
Posts: 476
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:09 pm

Re: Temple 2011

Postby LSATclincher » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:13 pm

Did anyone apply for the Temple-specific Ingerman scholarship?

dreakol
Posts: 572
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:56 pm

Re: Temple 2011

Postby dreakol » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:15 am

LSATclincher wrote:Did anyone apply for the Temple-specific Ingerman scholarship?



I did.

seriously????
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:15 am

Re: Temple 2011

Postby seriously???? » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:26 am

morristmm wrote:I got accepted in January (168 / 3.9) with a $5000/renewable scholarship (in-state). Temple's my first choice, but I was really hoping for more help (especially since my financial need is considerably high--I'm independent, married, three kids, low income, etc.)...

I negotiated with Temple for weeks (had a free ride at Chicago-Kent to leverage), but they just wouldn't budge. Anyone think it's worth petitioning them again after more Ivy-bound candidates withdraw (and leave their scholarship offers behind)? I'd love even a couple more thousand dollars...

I'll be at the Admitted Students Open house next weekend--maybe I'll catch a couple of you there.


yeah, that is crazy how you only got 5k. What other offers do you have? Maybe Temple's reasoning for low schollies is either a. they do not have the money b. if you want to work in Philly, but do not goto penn, temple is the best option. c. they just don't care, and are perfectly content with only slightly raising the median, so your stats are just as good as a 164/3.7.

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Temple 2011

Postby kk19131 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:45 pm

seriously???? wrote:
morristmm wrote:I got accepted in January (168 / 3.9) with a $5000/renewable scholarship (in-state). Temple's my first choice, but I was really hoping for more help (especially since my financial need is considerably high--I'm independent, married, three kids, low income, etc.)...

I negotiated with Temple for weeks (had a free ride at Chicago-Kent to leverage), but they just wouldn't budge. Anyone think it's worth petitioning them again after more Ivy-bound candidates withdraw (and leave their scholarship offers behind)? I'd love even a couple more thousand dollars...

I'll be at the Admitted Students Open house next weekend--maybe I'll catch a couple of you there.


yeah, that is crazy how you only got 5k. What other offers do you have? Maybe Temple's reasoning for low schollies is either a. they do not have the money b. if you want to work in Philly, but do not goto penn, temple is the best option. c. they just don't care, and are perfectly content with only slightly raising the median, so your stats are just as good as a 164/3.7.



Villanova is just as good an option as Temple

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Temple 2011

Postby kk19131 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:45 pm

morristmm wrote:I got accepted in January (168 / 3.9) with a $5000/renewable scholarship (in-state). Temple's my first choice, but I was really hoping for more help (especially since my financial need is considerably high--I'm independent, married, three kids, low income, etc.)...

I negotiated with Temple for weeks (had a free ride at Chicago-Kent to leverage), but they just wouldn't budge. Anyone think it's worth petitioning them again after more Ivy-bound candidates withdraw (and leave their scholarship offers behind)? I'd love even a couple more thousand dollars...

I'll be at the Admitted Students Open house next weekend--maybe I'll catch a couple of you there.


I sent two emails requesting more money - neither one got a response. :lol:

seriously????
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:15 am

Re: Temple 2011

Postby seriously???? » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:16 pm

kk19131 wrote:
morristmm wrote:I got accepted in January (168 / 3.9) with a $5000/renewable scholarship (in-state). Temple's my first choice, but I was really hoping for more help (especially since my financial need is considerably high--I'm independent, married, three kids, low income, etc.)...

I negotiated with Temple for weeks (had a free ride at Chicago-Kent to leverage), but they just wouldn't budge. Anyone think it's worth petitioning them again after more Ivy-bound candidates withdraw (and leave their scholarship offers behind)? I'd love even a couple more thousand dollars...

I'll be at the Admitted Students Open house next weekend--maybe I'll catch a couple of you there.


I sent two emails requesting more money - neither one got a response. :lol:


Anybody can send an email half drunk at their homes to tons of schools. I believe nothing is more sincere than arriving in person and speaking face to face.

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Temple 2011

Postby kk19131 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:27 pm

seriously???? wrote:
kk19131 wrote:
morristmm wrote:I got accepted in January (168 / 3.9) with a $5000/renewable scholarship (in-state). Temple's my first choice, but I was really hoping for more help (especially since my financial need is considerably high--I'm independent, married, three kids, low income, etc.)...

I negotiated with Temple for weeks (had a free ride at Chicago-Kent to leverage), but they just wouldn't budge. Anyone think it's worth petitioning them again after more Ivy-bound candidates withdraw (and leave their scholarship offers behind)? I'd love even a couple more thousand dollars...

I'll be at the Admitted Students Open house next weekend--maybe I'll catch a couple of you there.


I sent two emails requesting more money - neither one got a response. :lol:


Anybody can send an email half drunk at their homes to tons of schools. I believe nothing is more sincere than arriving in person and speaking face to face.


I've actually already met the woman.

Crazy4lawzzz
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:53 pm

Re: Temple 2011

Postby Crazy4lawzzz » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:28 pm

How do ppl here feel about the villanova scandal? Is it changing your mind and making a stronger case for temple?

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Temple 2011

Postby kk19131 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:29 pm

Crazy4lawzzz wrote:How do ppl here feel about the villanova scandal? Is it changing your mind and making a stronger case for temple?



Not at all.

I don't think firms/recruiters will care enough to stop recruiting at Nova.

Crazy4lawzzz
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:53 pm

Re: Temple 2011

Postby Crazy4lawzzz » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:36 pm

but it does mean that temple has better admissions scores right?

Crazy4lawzzz
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:53 pm

Re: Temple 2011

Postby Crazy4lawzzz » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:36 pm

So most ppl here consider them equals for the most part then?

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Temple 2011

Postby kk19131 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:37 pm

Crazy4lawzzz wrote:but it does mean that temple has better admissions scores right?


Who cares? They place the same... Villanova actually does slightly better with Biglaw.

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Temple 2011

Postby kk19131 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:38 pm

Crazy4lawzzz wrote:So most ppl here consider them equals for the most part then?


I can't speak for most people, but I certainly do.

And from what I can see in/around Philly, many recruiters/companies do too.

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Temple 2011

Postby kk19131 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:20 pm

I just might go to that reception next week. I'm losing interest in Temple, but I'm always up for some free wine. :lol:

User avatar
rs2004
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: Temple 2011

Postby rs2004 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:50 am

Crazy4lawzzz wrote:How do ppl here feel about the villanova scandal? Is it changing your mind and making a stronger case for temple?


for me, it is. we can only know the full effect of the nova scandal on employment a few years from now and i'd rather not take any chances.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”