Temple 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Justathought

Silver

Re: Temple 2011

Post by Justathought » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:16 pm

akcorps wrote:
Justathought wrote:
dreakol wrote:
Justathought wrote:Okay, I've done it. I have a Facebook profile. I don't quite understand how it works, but I have one nonetheless.
I just decided that I was too old for one and deleted it
How old? I'm 30. I feel like my mom, when she tried to play my video games as a kid. :mrgreen:

P.S. Everyone I know, under the age of 35, has one. I'm just resistant to this sort of thing!
Don't give in! I have been resisting this crap since Friendster.
I'm just going to use it to meet future LS classmates! :lol:

This is actually the first time I've felt it genuinely might be useful. The whole thing is so odd though; like how it knows who your friends might be. It already picked out my best friend and a girl I haven't seen since kindergarten. It's like, "Hey, you may know these people", and I do know them. Frankly, my computer is starting to scare me. This is just a notch below 2001: A Space Odyssey, to me.

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:30 pm

Went to the event today. Loved it. Put my deposit down and found an apartment. Loved the apartment too. I'm officially excited. :D

SFnative

Bronze

Post by SFnative » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:03 pm

Accepted today via email, stocked to finally get an acceptance after 3 consecutive wait lists....

dreakol

Silver

Post by dreakol » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:15 pm

Justathought wrote:Went to the event today. Loved it. Put my deposit down and found an apartment. Loved the apartment too. I'm officially excited. :D
if you dont mind, what neighborhood? also, how'd you go about doing this? I'm a little confused about the process, especially coming from CA.

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:56 pm

I found my place on craigslist. I'm from NYC, which is only about 2 hours from Philly. I went down for the admitted students event and looked at the apartment when I was there. My apartment is in Old City, but there are a lot of great neighborhoods. Center City, Old City, Rittenhouse, Art Museum, Northern Liberties, and Manayunk(I don't know about the spelling on that one) are all great places to live. Stay away from the area immediately surrounding Temple. Luckily, getting around Philly is super easy, and Temple seemed to never be more than a 15 minute drive away from where I was located. Also, I have to say, Temple is an enormous campus. Its like a city unto itself. Building after building, in varying architectural styles, all belonging to the University. The law school itself has 3 buildings.

Oh and the campus has more dining options than you can believe. The are a lot of places to eat, and the food trucks are no joke. You can literally get everything from Italian to Koren BBQ on campus. The campus is just great.

On a final note, the students at the event were really impressive. There were about 10 of us. People had advanced degrees, good work experience, and/or came from Ivy league/Premier state schools.

It was a great day.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mt1042

New

Post by mt1042 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:58 pm

Sent in my deposit! Very excited!

voltage88

Bronze

Post by voltage88 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:02 pm

Sent in my deposit! Woot! I'm curious as to what schools all of you snubbed to become an Owl??? I chose Temple over Ohio State, UConn, Rutgers, Villanova, and Maryland :D

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:10 pm

Let's see: Rutgers, Miami, DePaul, Kent, SMU, American, Seton Hall, Quinnipiac, U. of San Fran, Villanova, St. John's, Brooklyn, Loyola - Chi, Hofstra, Suffolk, Michigan State, and Penn State.

I think that's all of them. I applied to a lot of schools. :mrgreen:

x7227

Bronze

Post by x7227 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:20 pm

voltage88 wrote:Sent in my deposit! Woot! I'm curious as to what schools all of you snubbed to become an Owl??? I chose Temple over Ohio State, UConn, Rutgers, Villanova, and Maryland :D
Just put down my deposit! Let me just say I'm excited to be here...Its an honor for you to meet me :P

Temple over W&L, Drexel, GMU, VLS, PSU, Hofstra, Brooklyn, U Maryland, American...

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:34 pm

Now that its officially official, I have changed my avatar to reflect my new found love for Philly. Can't wait to get started in August. :D

voltage88

Bronze

Post by voltage88 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:37 pm

x7227 wrote:
voltage88 wrote:Sent in my deposit! Woot! I'm curious as to what schools all of you snubbed to become an Owl??? I chose Temple over Ohio State, UConn, Rutgers, Villanova, and Maryland :D
Just put down my deposit! Let me just say I'm excited to be here...Its an honor for you to meet me :P

Temple over W&L, Drexel, GMU, VLS, PSU, Hofstra, Brooklyn, U Maryland, American...

Wow 3 VLS snubs so far haha

nightman09

Bronze

Post by nightman09 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:41 pm

Justathought, you've motivated me to change mine too!

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:42 pm

voltage88 wrote:
x7227 wrote:

I mean, they're peer schools, so if one was a lot cheaper you could make the case for either. However, I chose Temple for the following reasons: The student body is slightly more numerically credentialed, I loved the campus, and they are well ranked in so many specialty rankings. Plus the scandal. I know it won't matter much, but all things being equal, I prefer to attend a school without a scandal. Simple as that.
Last edited by Justathought on Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:43 pm

nightman09 wrote:Justathought, you've motivated me to change mine too!
Nice! Yours is actually more easily associated with Philly!

x7227

Bronze

Post by x7227 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:54 pm

Justathought wrote:
voltage88 wrote:
x7227 wrote:

I mean, they're peer schools, so if one was a lot cheaper you could make the case for either. However, I chose Temple for the following reasons: The student body is slightly more numerically credentialed, I loved the campus, and they are well ranked in so many specialty rankings. Plus the scandal. I know it won't matter much, but all things being equal, I prefer to attend a school without a scandal. Simple as that.
In-state tuition for Temple really makes the decision pretty easy IMO... VLS has a great rep for Tax and Real Estate law but I just didn't get a great feeling from them (or enough of one to make me want to pay THAT much more for what I consider a pretty equivalent education).

voltage88

Bronze

Post by voltage88 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:01 pm

VLS would have actually been cheaper for me. But I've been in the 'burbs my whole life and I just didn't wanna deal with that again. Temple's location in the city was a huge plus for me. And, I don't know why, but I also considered the larger university both law schools were a part of. For some reason, a larger public university gives me a more sense of security than a small one :\ weird...i know

SpWiseGuy

New

Post by SpWiseGuy » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:10 am

I chose temple over rutgers, Marquette, and tulane. Tulane is nice but temple can't be matched with cost of attending .

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mt1042

New

Post by mt1042 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:16 pm

I picked Temple over Northeastern, Nova, American, and Rut.-C. My wife got offered a great job in Philly and we both love the city. I really resonated with Temple's location and their roots as a night school for factory workers.

rs2004

Silver

Post by rs2004 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:08 pm

I picked temple over nova and upitt.

SpWiseGuy

New

Post by SpWiseGuy » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:33 pm

Anybody attending temple in the night program ?

SpWiseGuy

New

Post by SpWiseGuy » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:39 pm

Yo justathought, I am anti facebook as well and I want to meet all my fellow classmates but I don't want to get a facebook just to join the admitted class page at temple . I don't think I am ready to make The facebook plunge.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:07 pm

SpWiseGuy wrote:Yo justathought, I am anti facebook as well and I want to meet all my fellow classmates but I don't want to get a facebook just to join the admitted class page at temple . I don't think I am ready to make The facebook plunge.
Well listen, I have zero Facebook friends at the moment, and I aim to keep it that way! Still, even though there's not too much going on in the Temple group, I wanted to keep myself in the loop.

I say go for it; just don't get sucked in!

LSATclincher

Bronze

Post by LSATclincher » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:15 pm

I posted this a few pages back, but I figured I'll try it again. I've gotten some slight interest thus far.

Anyone looking for places to live? I'm currently in the suburbs, and looking to move basically at any time. I'm opposed to moving in with people who are not in school because I'd like to be able to study at home whenever I want. The thought of living with all law students has some drawbacks, though. I'm just trying to gauge some interest on here. I'd probably like a mix of guys and girls. I think it's a better fit, socially, and for meeting new people. There are some incredible 4 bedroom/2 bathroom places in very nice areas for around $2,000 per month. I'm also seeing some "decent" places in Manayunk (basically an area filled with recent grads/grad students) for around 1500-1700 per month.

PM me or post a message in here if you'd be interested.

LSATclincher

Bronze

Post by LSATclincher » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:42 pm

One of my snubs, Rutgers-Camden, was the first school to accept me in my cycle. And it took them about 2 weeks to decide. So I was actually more excited about that acceptance than Temple's since that was the first time I realized I was going to law school without a doubt.

It seemed like a good school, but Temple's instate tuition is unbeatable, and I'm already familiar with the city.

oreo3405

Bronze

Post by oreo3405 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:23 pm

SpWiseGuy wrote:Anybody attending temple in the night program ?

I am!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”