Temple 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Justathought

Silver

Re: Temple 2011

Post by Justathought » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:24 pm

Just RSVP'd to the admitted students day next week. Plan on paying my deposit at the event. Looks like I'll be an Owl.

blahman72

New

Post by blahman72 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:54 pm

rs2004 wrote:any advice on neighborhoods and apartments? pet friendly ones?
I highly recommend Northern Liberties.

sterl1002

New

Post by sterl1002 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:07 pm

oreo3405 wrote:
Justathought wrote:
oreo3405 wrote: I hope not because im still waiting haha. They requested more info from me last week so here's hoping I get my decision soon!
Good luck! I know you've been waiting forever - like me. Keep in mind I have no clue what I'm talking about. After reading back a few pages it seems like they still have a lot of deciding to do!
Being a Philly resident, id rather attend Temple then Rutgers-C, especially at the price point too. They requested my grades and why i want to go PT to gather some more information i suppose. ugh. lol
Out of curiosity, did you fill out a SPACE statement? Perhaps that's why our applications are taking forever.

jwjbaek

New

Post by jwjbaek » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:19 pm

sterl1002 wrote:
oreo3405 wrote:
Justathought wrote:
oreo3405 wrote: I hope not because im still waiting haha. They requested more info from me last week so here's hoping I get my decision soon!
Good luck! I know you've been waiting forever - like me. Keep in mind I have no clue what I'm talking about. After reading back a few pages it seems like they still have a lot of deciding to do!
Being a Philly resident, id rather attend Temple then Rutgers-C, especially at the price point too. They requested my grades and why i want to go PT to gather some more information i suppose. ugh. lol
Out of curiosity, did you fill out a SPACE statement? Perhaps that's why our applications are taking forever.
Whats a SPACE statement?

sterl1002

New

Post by sterl1002 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:32 pm

The Sp.A.C.E statement is a optional diversity statement you can include with the application.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jwjbaek

New

Post by jwjbaek » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:40 pm

sterl1002 wrote:The Sp.A.C.E statement is a optional diversity statement you can include with the application.
oh... haha thanks

nightman09

Bronze

Post by nightman09 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:40 pm

Just got the Rubin-Presser!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o I'm absolutely ecstatic!!!!

Sending in my deposit later today!

rs2004

Silver

Post by rs2004 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:45 pm

nightman09 wrote:Just got the Rubin-Presser!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o I'm absolutely ecstatic!!!!

yay congrats!
we should create a class of 2014 thread

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:48 pm

rs2004 wrote:
nightman09 wrote:Just got the Rubin-Presser!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o I'm absolutely ecstatic!!!!

yay congrats!
Congrats Nightman09!

Also, there is already a thread RS2004.

In addition, don't think I don't know what that user name is all about! I'm a Yankees fan. Henceforth we shall be bitter LS rivals! :P

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JDHopeful

Bronze

Post by JDHopeful » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:56 pm

Justathought wrote:
rs2004 wrote:

yay congrats!
Congrats Nightman09!

In addition, don't think I don't know what that user name is all about! I'm a Yankees fan. Henceforth we shall be bitter LS rivals! :P
Deposit mailed today.

rs2004

Silver

Post by rs2004 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:59 pm

Justathought wrote:
rs2004 wrote:

yay congrats!
Congrats Nightman09!

haha, you know, they are actually my initials....not in any way a reference to the red sox. crisis averted. :)

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:10 pm

rs2004 wrote:
Justathought wrote:
rs2004 wrote:

yay congrats!
Congrats Nightman09!

haha, you know, they are actually my initials....not in any way a reference to the red sox. crisis averted. :)
Oh thank goodness. I checked your profile too, and noticed you were from NY. I thought for sure there was a traitor in our midst. :lol:

rs2004

Silver

Post by rs2004 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:23 pm

@justathought- i mean, during the 09 playoffs, i ended dates early to go home and watch the yankees on a better tv. i also skipped halloween that year to watch them in the world series against the phillies soo yea, lol no traitors.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JDHopeful

Bronze

Post by JDHopeful » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:25 pm

rs2004 wrote:@justathought- i mean, during the 09 playoffs, i ended dates early to go home and watch the yankees on a better tv. i also skipped halloween that year to watch them in the world series against the phillies soo yea, lol no traitors.
I'm at work watching the game on mlb.tv now.

voltage88

Bronze

Post by voltage88 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:58 pm

Hey everyone. I'm currently trying to decide between UConn, Ohio State, and Temple. I created a thread in the choosing a law school forum if you wanna check out the details regarding my decision. Since I'm currently out of the country, I can't visit any of the schools. Therefore, I've been trying to gather as much information as I can through the internet before making a final decision.

Since I'm from the tri-state area, I'm most familiar with Temple. Everyone knows about Temple in Philly, Jersey, and the rest of the region. I don't know how you guys feel, but I feel as though Temple Law's lay prestige might be hindered by their less than stellar undergraduate reputation. I think the law school is definitely more respected than their undergraduate programs.

With regards to the Temple vs Villanova debates on here, the thing that drew me to Temple more so than Villanova was Temple's greater presence in the city. This may just be my intuition, but I feel as though Temple (the whole university, not just the law school) has a lot more influence and presence in Philly than Villanova and maybe even Penn. This may be because of its location and sheer size, but I think this is a definite advantage for Temple law students. Having such a great presence in one of the largest cities in the country, one would expect Temple to be ranked a lot higher. I think this is why Temple is so underrated.

Not sure what you guys think of this. Maybe I'm wrong. Please chime in with your own comments to the above. I'm just trying to weigh the positives/negatives of each of the options I'm left with. Being in another country and not being able to visit each school makes my decision a lot harder, as all of you can imagine. I'd appreciate your thoughts/advice/comments!

rs2004

Silver

Post by rs2004 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:18 pm

JDHopeful wrote:
rs2004 wrote:@justathought- i mean, during the 09 playoffs, i ended dates early to go home and watch the yankees on a better tv. i also skipped halloween that year to watch them in the world series against the phillies soo yea, lol no traitors.
my coworker across the hall is listening to it on mlb.com and at least two ppl from my work left early to go to the mets opening game.

Evrydyhonestliar

Bronze

Post by Evrydyhonestliar » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:23 pm

JDHopeful wrote:

I'm looking forward to going to school with some serious baseball fans, even if they aren't Phillies fans. I asked for mlb.tv for my birthday. :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JDHopeful

Bronze

Post by JDHopeful » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:54 pm

Evrydyhonestliar wrote:
JDHopeful wrote:

I'm looking forward to going to school with some serious baseball fans, even if they aren't Phillies fans. I asked for mlb.tv for my birthday. :)

Though I'mma Yankee guy, I love going to Citizen's Bank to watch the Phils. They're fun to watch.

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:59 pm

I'm excited to see a game there too. Its nice that we have a few baseball fans here, and in general I'm excited about my classmates. Everyone seems well rounded and accomplished. Should be a lot of fun!

Back to baseball, and specifically the Yankees, Hughes stunk today. Just Horrible. We would have won that game easy if Colon pitched from the start. Not that I'm advocating that, but it was frustrating to watch. :x

fiupike24

New

Post by fiupike24 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:06 am

??

LSATclincher

Bronze

Post by LSATclincher » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:29 pm

Anyone looking for places to live? I'm currently in the suburbs, and looking to move around July or August. I'm opposed to moving in with people who are not in school because I'd like to be able to study at home whenever I want. The thought of living with all law students has some drawbacks, though. I'm just trying to gauge some interest on here. I'd probably like a mix of guys and girls. I think it's a better fit, socially, and for meeting new people. There are some incredible 4 bedroom/2 bathroom places in very nice areas for around $2,000 per month. I'm also seeing some "decent" places in Manayunk (basically an area filled with recent grads/grad students) for around 1500-1700 per month.

I guess PM me or post a message in here if you'd be interested.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

LSATclincher

Bronze

Post by LSATclincher » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:38 pm

voltage88 wrote:Hey everyone. I'm currently trying to decide between UConn, Ohio State, and Temple. I created a thread in the choosing a law school forum if you wanna check out the details regarding my decision. Since I'm currently out of the country, I can't visit any of the schools. Therefore, I've been trying to gather as much information as I can through the internet before making a final decision.

Since I'm from the tri-state area, I'm most familiar with Temple. Everyone knows about Temple in Philly, Jersey, and the rest of the region. I don't know how you guys feel, but I feel as though Temple Law's lay prestige might be hindered by their less than stellar undergraduate reputation. I think the law school is definitely more respected than their undergraduate programs.

With regards to the Temple vs Villanova debates on here, the thing that drew me to Temple more so than Villanova was Temple's greater presence in the city. This may just be my intuition, but I feel as though Temple (the whole university, not just the law school) has a lot more influence and presence in Philly than Villanova and maybe even Penn. This may be because of its location and sheer size, but I think this is a definite advantage for Temple law students. Having such a great presence in one of the largest cities in the country, one would expect Temple to be ranked a lot higher. I think this is why Temple is so underrated.

Not sure what you guys think of this. Maybe I'm wrong. Please chime in with your own comments to the above. I'm just trying to weigh the positives/negatives of each of the options I'm left with. Being in another country and not being able to visit each school makes my decision a lot harder, as all of you can imagine. I'd appreciate your thoughts/advice/comments!
It depends where you want to live and work for the next 5-10 years at least, and maybe for life. If you have in-state residency, Temple is the easy choice. Temple is underrated nationally, but it's the best choice of all the PA schools (not counting Penn). It's VERY highly regarded in Philly almost to the point where all of praise I hear about the school gets annoying. Ranking is meaningless, but if you really care, you shouldn't need to worry about Temple's prestige dropping due to its immense alumni base. To address the Villanova vs Temple issue, due to tuition cost, Temple is clearly better. Even with the anticipated increase in tuition due to a decrease in state funding, Temple is still one of the most affordable law schools in the nation.

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:00 pm

Anyone going to the admitted students day this week? It Looks like the last one they are holding.

If not, would anyone who has attended a previous one be willing to share their thoughts on the event? I'm kind of excited about it.

The schedule is as follows:

Wednesday, April 13th

11:00 - 12:00 Tour of the Law School facilities

12:00 - 1:00 Lunch with current students and faculty

1:10 - 2:25 Attend a first year elective class

TJISMYHERO

Bronze

Post by TJISMYHERO » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:17 am

Withdrew this morning, I've decided to stay in Texas. Best wishes future Owls!

oreo3405

Bronze

Post by oreo3405 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:09 am

In at Temple this morning!!! PT!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”