U Washington 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
klhparis

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby klhparis » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:21 pm

apaint wrote:Accepted via snail mail today!!! Complete 11/10, my status checker still says IR. I had to read it twice because with my numbers I thought for sure I would get either wait listed or rejected.

Congrats!! Can I ask when the letter was dated?

chicityteacher

Postby chicityteacher » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:21 pm

apaint wrote:Accepted via snail mail today!!! Complete 11/10, my status checker still says IR. I had to read it twice because with my numbers I thought for sure I would get either wait listed or rejected.

Congratulations! I have to admit I'm a little impressed because of your LSAT. Did you have unique/interesting softs? WE? Also, when did you go IR?

apaint

Postby apaint » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:23 pm

klhparis wrote:

Congrats!! Can I ask when the letter was dated?

Thanks :) Letter was dated 2/14 oddly enough but envelope was postmarked 2/11.

Chi -- Yes I have a lot of softs and somewhat unique...veteran, AmeriCorps, currently work in public health, tons of volunteer/public service.

Went IR 1/21
Last edited by apaint on Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chicityteacher

Postby chicityteacher » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:24 pm

Was it listed under mailings on your status checker page?

JakeL

Postby JakeL » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:24 pm

Well, hopefully they will show some regular splitter love as well then!

blackbird

Postby blackbird » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:25 pm

Accepted via snail mail today!!! Complete 11/10, my status checker still says IR. I had to read it twice because with my numbers I thought for sure I would get either wait listed or rejected.

Congrats! My numbers make me a bit concerned as to how I'll fair with UW, as well, but maybe I can still run into a similar outcome! Here's hoping, at least.

apaint

Postby apaint » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:26 pm

chicityteacher wrote:Was it listed under mailings on your status checker page?

Nope, checked my status checker about 5 times today and no change at all.

deja

Postby deja » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:37 pm

Way to go!!

E: didn't read the most recent postings...
Last edited by deja on Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chicityteacher

Postby chicityteacher » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:39 pm

apaint wrote:

Well, this definitely gives me hope for UW...it also means that there is a possibility the status page won't update when they mail decisions. So...now I have to check my status page AND my mailbox. When did you go into review? And if you don't mind sharing/pming, did you have any unique softs?

snapdragon

Postby snapdragon » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:42 pm

Congrats Kinderby!!!!! And to all other admits!

Kinderby

Postby Kinderby » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:44 pm

snapdragon wrote:Congrats Kinderby!!!!! And to all other actual admits!

:lol: Don't want to confuse anyone. Most people would not flip their shit so much over a waitlist, but OMG! YAY!

Anyone who doesn't want UDub and has gotten in, feel free to withdraw tout suite! :wink:

snapdragon

Postby snapdragon » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:58 pm

Kinderby wrote:
snapdragon wrote:Congrats Kinderby!!!!! And to all other actual admits!

:lol: Don't want to confuse anyone. Most people would not flip their shit so much over a waitlist, but OMG! YAY!

Anyone who doesn't want UDub and has gotten in, feel free to withdraw tout suite! :wink:

Haha sorry for the confusion. I know we have similar #s and I'd be equally thrilled with a WL so I feel ya.

jiggawhut

Postby jiggawhut » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:05 pm

sunyoo25 wrote:
deja wrote:
jiggawhut wrote:Not sure if this helps, but I got my acceptance packet today, and am still "In Review" as of 1/21 according to the web site. Submitted my app Dec. 1. The letter was dated 2/14/11 so I'm not sure when my decision was officially reached.

Good luck to all!

That's awesome - way to go! UW has just made it impossible to divine what they're doing... Either they're just doing this to mess with us, or there is some greater plan and reasoning behind all the madness or the person who updates the status checker sometimes doesn't do it. :D

jiggawhut, does it say whether or not a decision letter was sent in your 'mailings' section of the status checker?

Curious as well.
Mine says Decision 2/1 and still nothing in my mailbox. Nothing new in the Mailing section either.
WHY?!?! :twisted: :evil:

Nope! According to my status checker I am still "In Review" and there is nothing new in my "Mailing" section.

xtine

Postby xtine » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:50 pm

Waitlisted by snail mail. Surprising after my other acceptances. Oh well!

rs2004

Postby rs2004 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:22 pm

jiggawhut wrote:
sunyoo25 wrote:
deja wrote:
jiggawhut wrote:Not sure if this helps, but I got my acceptance packet today, and am still "In Review" as of 1/21 according to the web site. Submitted my app Dec. 1. The letter was dated 2/14/11 so I'm not sure when my decision was officially reached.

Good luck to all!

That's awesome - way to go! UW has just made it impossible to divine what they're doing... Either they're just doing this to mess with us, or there is some greater plan and reasoning behind all the madness or the person who updates the status checker sometimes doesn't do it. :D

jiggawhut, does it say whether or not a decision letter was sent in your 'mailings' section of the status checker?

Curious as well.
Mine says Decision 2/1 and still nothing in my mailbox. Nothing new in the Mailing section either.

Nope! According to my status checker I am still "In Review" and there is nothing new in my "Mailing" section.

what state are you in? close to WA?

fencod

Postby fencod » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:41 pm

My lease is up before the end of the application mailing period, so I put my parent's address as my mailing address which means I am calling them every night and asking about the mail. They keep telling me they will call me as soon as they see something, but I keep thinking, "maybe they forgot..."

My number make me nervous. I wish my LSAT was a couple points higher.

blackbird

Postby blackbird » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:52 pm

fencod wrote:My number make me nervous. I wish my LSAT was a couple points higher.

Hahaha, I heard that, my friend. I'm in the same exact boat. What's more, all this activity today--people getting waitlisted, someone getting accepted--has made me that much more anxious to hear something, anything at all!

chicityteacher

Postby chicityteacher » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:14 am

blackbird wrote:
fencod wrote:My number make me nervous. I wish my LSAT was a couple points higher.

Hahaha, I heard that, my friend. I'm in the same exact boat. What's more, all this activity today--people getting waitlisted, someone getting accepted--has made me that much more anxious to hear something, anything at all!

Yeah, I think all of us still waiting are feeling that right now.

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:33 am

With all of this activity today and all of these splitters getting waitlisted and such, I was so scared to even check the mail today, but... in the end, nothing came. :|

I just want to know already. I can't handle another day of stressing about it, with all these decisions being received. Lots of people being put on the waitlist right now and I fear that I probably will be, too.

williams55

Postby williams55 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:44 am

withdrew today...hopefully someone still waiting will get my spot soon!

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:05 am

williams55 wrote:withdrew today...hopefully someone still waiting will get my spot soon!

Oooooh me me me!

jiggawhut

Postby jiggawhut » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:25 am

rs2004 wrote:
jiggawhut wrote:
sunyoo25 wrote:
deja wrote:

Curious as well.

what state are you in? close to WA?

I'm in WA, actually. Good luck to all! I think UW is just a tad slower than other schools. But have faith! And don't rely on that status checker! :)

apaint

Postby apaint » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:04 pm

chicityteacher wrote:
apaint wrote:

Well, this definitely gives me hope for UW...it also means that there is a possibility the status page won't update when they mail decisions. So...now I have to check my status page AND my mailbox. When did you go into review? And if you don't mind sharing/pming, did you have any unique softs?

I went IR 1/21, OOS, and still today my status checker has not changed at all so unfortunately you probably need to compulsively check both your mail and your status checker ;)

I am pretty positive my softs (veteran, AmeriCorps, tons of volunteer service, 2 year WE in public health field) got me in because it was definitely not my LSAT.

I have a feeling a lot of people are going to hear in the next few days!!! Exciting!! I love UW :)

rs2004

Postby rs2004 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:06 pm

apaint wrote:
chicityteacher wrote:
apaint wrote:

I went IR 1/21, OOS, and still today my status checker has not changed at all so unfortunately you probably need to compulsively check both your mail and your status checker ;)

I am pretty positive my softs (veteran, AmeriCorps, tons of volunteer service, 2 year WE in public health field) got me in because it was definitely not my LSAT.

I have a feeling a lot of people are going to hear in the next few days!!! Exciting!! I love UW :)

congrats!!
not gonna lie, i am totally jealous.....lol but i am not going to check the status checker anymore.

chicityteacher

Postby chicityteacher » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:13 pm

apaint wrote:

Boy, I hope you are right. Sounds like you have some awesome softs. Congratulations again. I hope we will be joining you soon!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”