U Washington 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
LPSDBX

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby LPSDBX » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:34 pm

I was accepted as part of the 2/7 batch, but never received an e-mail about financial aid. Is there anything important in the e-mail that I am missing? I've already submitted my FAFSA.

Dire Straits

Postby Dire Straits » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:42 pm

sunyoo25 wrote:
Dire Straits wrote:
whitman wrote:
hector311 wrote:ha ha, seriously, throw us a bone UW! Anyone looking into JD/MBA?

I am.

I was thinking about it too... But I heard the Foster school is even more competative to get into then the law school (they really want applicants with substantial work experience). And since I haven't been in the workforce that long, I don't have a very good shot.

Yes, they prefer work experience. But I have very little work experience and a pretty good GMAT score, but I still got offered an admission interview. (They go from app - interview - official admission.)
Granted, my great LOR relevant to business school probably helped a lot.
But they really do look at your apps beyond the number of WE years. :)

EDIT: By very little WE I mean little to none. I'm still in undergrad, and did not work during semesters.

Were you applying for the JD/MBA joint degree or just full time MBA program? I'm just wondering whether they evaluate joint applicants any differently... I've heard stories of people who owned their GMAT, solid GPA, great WE, and outstanding LOR (by outstanding I mean the Senior VP at UW) and they still got rejected for the full time MBA... SCARY

sunyoo25

Postby sunyoo25 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:52 pm

Dire Straits wrote:
sunyoo25 wrote:
Yes, they prefer work experience. But I have very little work experience and a pretty good GMAT score, but I still got offered an admission interview. (They go from app - interview - official admission.)
Granted, my great LOR relevant to business school probably helped a lot.
But they really do look at your apps beyond the number of WE years. :)

EDIT: By very little WE I mean little to none. I'm still in undergrad, and did not work during semesters.

Were you applying for the JD/MBA joint degree or just full time MBA program? I'm just wondering whether they evaluate joint applicants any differently... I've heard stories of people who owned their GMAT, solid GPA, great WE, and outstanding LOR (by outstanding I mean the Senior VP at UW) and they still got rejected for the full time MBA... SCARY

Wow, really scary!!!
Yeah, I applied for the JD/MBA joint degree. That must have been it! :mrgreen:

sunyoo25

Postby sunyoo25 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:56 pm

deja wrote:
jiggawhut wrote:Not sure if this helps, but I got my acceptance packet today, and am still "In Review" as of 1/21 according to the web site. Submitted my app Dec. 1. The letter was dated 2/14/11 so I'm not sure when my decision was officially reached.

Good luck to all!

That's awesome - way to go! UW has just made it impossible to divine what they're doing... Either they're just doing this to mess with us, or there is some greater plan and reasoning behind all the madness or the person who updates the status checker sometimes doesn't do it. :D

jiggawhut, does it say whether or not a decision letter was sent in your 'mailings' section of the status checker?

Curious as well.
Mine says Decision 2/1 and still nothing in my mailbox. Nothing new in the Mailing section either.
WHY?!?! :twisted: :evil:

fencod

Postby fencod » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:10 pm

I've checked my UW status 3 times since waking up 2 hours ago.

It's going to be a long week.

deja

Postby deja » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:16 pm

fencod wrote:I've checked my UW status 3 times since waking up 2 hours ago.

Lol +1

ArchRoark

Postby ArchRoark » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:24 pm

sunyoo25 wrote:
deja wrote:
jiggawhut wrote:Not sure if this helps, but I got my acceptance packet today, and am still "In Review" as of 1/21 according to the web site. Submitted my app Dec. 1. The letter was dated 2/14/11 so I'm not sure when my decision was officially reached.

Good luck to all!

That's awesome - way to go! UW has just made it impossible to divine what they're doing... Either they're just doing this to mess with us, or there is some greater plan and reasoning behind all the madness or the person who updates the status checker sometimes doesn't do it. :D

jiggawhut, does it say whether or not a decision letter was sent in your 'mailings' section of the status checker?

Curious as well.
Mine says Decision 2/1 and still nothing in my mailbox. Nothing new in the Mailing section either.

Sigh, weird. Mine says In Review still, but has a Decision Mailed in the mailing section. I have begun to think that us 2/10 DLS are a ding batch and the 2/9 DLS are an admit batch. I have no reason to think this other than pessimism.

xtine

Postby xtine » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:58 pm

ArchRoark wrote:
sunyoo25 wrote:
deja wrote:

Good luck to all!

Curious as well.

Sigh, weird. Mine says In Review still, but has a Decision Mailed in the mailing section. I have begun to think that us 2/10 DLS are a ding batch and the 2/9 DLS are an admit batch. I have no reason to think this other than pessimism.

EDIT: hey now, I'm in the 2/10 batch! I have a 170 and a 3.2... I definitely didn't don't expect to get dinged from UW since I've gotten into all the T14 schools I've heard back from so far...
Last edited by xtine on Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rs2004

Postby rs2004 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:09 pm

xtine, are you saying you got dinged?

mudduck

Postby mudduck » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:47 pm

ArchRoak, I'm with you. I'm in the 2/10 group and I think they are purging the low-gpa, high-LSAT applicants. My reason for this, other than the fact they don't like splitters, is that I haven't heard from the Gates Scholarship folks. Maybe it is too soon, but they said they would keep me notified as they processed my Gates app and I haven't heard anything.

Dire Straits

Postby Dire Straits » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:57 pm

deja wrote:

Lol +1

haha... I'm just glad they don't have an iphone app for status check because then it REALLY would consume me.

sunyoo25

Postby sunyoo25 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:16 pm

Dire Straits wrote:
deja wrote:

Lol +1

haha... I'm just glad they don't have an iphone app for status check because then it REALLY would consume me.

woot! business idea!!
I guarantee you will ruin the lives of many a TLSer. 8)

ArchRoark

Postby ArchRoark » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:26 pm

mudduck wrote:ArchRoak, I'm with you. I'm in the 2/10 group and I think they are purging the low-gpa, high-LSAT applicants. My reason for this, other than the fact they don't like splitters, is that I haven't heard from the Gates Scholarship folks. Maybe it is too soon, but they said they would keep me notified as they processed my Gates app and I haven't heard anything.

Yah, it seems all of us in the 2/10 batch are OOS splitters.

@xtine: I hope you're right. I have also had relative success in the T14. Dinged at a bunch, but in at two. However, with schools that are notoriously splitter unfriendly, I havnt had much luck.

upfish

Postby upfish » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:39 pm

ArchRoark wrote:
mudduck wrote:ArchRoak, I'm with you. I'm in the 2/10 group and I think they are purging the low-gpa, high-LSAT applicants. My reason for this, other than the fact they don't like splitters, is that I haven't heard from the Gates Scholarship folks. Maybe it is too soon, but they said they would keep me notified as they processed my Gates app and I haven't heard anything.

Yah, it seems all of us in the 2/10 batch are OOS splitters.

@xtine: I hope you're right. I have also had relative success in the T14. Dinged at a bunch, but in at two. However, with schools that are notoriously splitter unfriendly, I havnt had much luck.

When did you guys go IR? I'm still IR 1/21, and I'm an OOS splitter...

mudduck

Postby mudduck » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:41 pm

IR 1/21

crit_racer

Postby crit_racer » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:43 pm

I'm an OOS splitter (169/3.32) who went IR 1/24 and I didn't get DR 2/10...

Of course, all of this really means NOTHING. Really...

Intersect2.0

Postby Intersect2.0 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:45 pm

I've been in review since November. GOING CRAZY.

upfish

Postby upfish » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:47 pm

crit_racer wrote:I'm an OOS splitter (169/3.32) who went IR 1/24 and I didn't get DR 2/10...

Of course, all of this really means NOTHING. Really...

True. I've been through MAD wait times this cycle. I'm assuming they're just deliberate. Plus, it's kind of a reach anyway for me, I think, as a 168/2.75, even w/URM status. So I'm trying to be chill about waiting on the school I applied to FIRST being the LAST school to let me know anything, haha.

ArchRoark

Postby ArchRoark » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:11 pm

DLS 2/10, received the letter today. waitlisted B)

Guess its better than a ding.

chicityteacher

Postby chicityteacher » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:12 pm

Intersect2.0 wrote:I've been in review since November. GOING CRAZY.

Ditto. (IR 12/1)

I need to stop reading these forums!

chicityteacher

Postby chicityteacher » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:19 pm

ArchRoark wrote:DLS 2/10, received the letter today. waitlisted B)

Guess its better than a ding.

Would you mind sharing/pming numbers?

I feel like I'm on the wait list as well. They just haven't told me officially yet.

Kinderby

Postby Kinderby » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:35 pm

WAITLISTED!!!!!!!!! I am absurdly pleased, because I really thought for sure I was going to get outright rejected. Happy Valentine's Day to ME!!! :D

ArchRoark

Postby ArchRoark » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:35 pm

Kinderby wrote:WAITLISTED!!!!!!!!! I am absurdly pleased, because I really thought for sure I was going to get outright rejected. Happy Valentine's Day to ME!!! :D

hehe B) Are you a 2/10 as well?

Kinderby

Postby Kinderby » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:36 pm

I got the Decision status 2/9, they sent the letter 2/10.

apaint

Postby apaint » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:14 pm

Accepted via snail mail today!!! Complete 11/10, my status checker still says IR. I had to read it twice because with my numbers I thought for sure I would get either wait listed or rejected.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”