U Washington 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sabenser

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby sabenser » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:43 am

crit_racer wrote:you guys who got this e-mail...you all filled out fafsa?

Yep. Here is all it said if you are interested.

We have received your financial aid application for the 2011-12 year. If
you are a continuing student or are admitted to the UW, and are eligible
for aid, we will send you an award letter and information about process-
ing aid. Your application is subject to a review process. We may ask
you to provide information before or after we offer you aid. Please
respond promptly to any request and be sure to inform us of any change
of address. You will be notified of any adjustments made as a result of
our review.

If this message was sent to a non-UW email account, you should know that
we will not use this account for future communications. Instead, we
will send information on paper via the U.S. mail. For UW students who
have established UW NetIDs, some of our correspondence will be sent to
your UW NetID email account. Newly admitted students will receive
information about how to set up a UW Net ID. You are encouraged to
set up your UW Net ID and email account as soon as you are eligible.
The financial aid office (and other offices on campus) will use email
for some communication with you, including time sensitive messages.
Therefore, you are expected to check your U.W. email account frequently
in addition to responding to any requests sent via U.S. mail.

crit_racer

Postby crit_racer » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:45 am

maybe ill fill out fafsa just to see if i get that email haha

jwmalone87

Postby jwmalone87 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:48 am

I got that email, too...the phrase, "or are admitted to UW" certainly doesn't sound like a decision's been reached.

tropicalpeach

Postby tropicalpeach » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:58 am

YeS, I filled it out and submitted it. I'm pretty sure those emails are auto-generated

rs2004

Postby rs2004 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:53 pm

crit_racer wrote:maybe ill fill out fafsa just to see if i get that email haha

you should fill out the fafsa anyway. deadlines for most schools are march 1 and it can take up to a week to process though mine took a day or two.

i think geoduck's situation is particular bc s/he got the email but had a student number in the email though s/he is still in review. i don't have a student number in my email but oh well!

geoduck

Postby geoduck » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:57 pm

These are obviously auto generated, but they have a STUDENT ID NUMBER at the top. They can't generate one of these for every applicant or a university the size of UW would have way more than 7 digits. After reading it way too many times, I'm pretty sure that "or are admitted" is in contrast to being a continuing student, not in contrast to being rejected or wait listed. The bureaucracy at UW is pretty gigantic. This also explains the second paragraph's mail stipulation since you aren't eligible for a UW email account until they have given you the PIN that goes with your student ID to create a myUW account.

I don't think the lack of status checker updates is a problem. Remember how many of us were still showing Waiting for CAS just because they forgot to click the button?

edit: And it make sense that a bunch of us are getting it at the same time if it was a batch of decisions. Also, I may be over justifying due to sheer desire for it to be true.

rs2004

Postby rs2004 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:03 pm

haha we need an admitted student to help us out here....

sabenser

Postby sabenser » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:08 pm

geoduck wrote:These are obviously auto generated, but they have a STUDENT ID NUMBER at the top. They can't generate one of these for every applicant or a university the size of UW would have way more than 7 digits. After reading it way too many times, I'm pretty sure that "or are admitted" is in contrast to being a continuing student, not in contrast to being rejected or wait listed. The bureaucracy at UW is pretty gigantic. This also explains the second paragraph's mail stipulation since you aren't eligible for a UW email account until they have given you the PIN that goes with your student ID to create a myUW account.

I don't think the lack of status checker updates is a problem. Remember how many of us were still showing Waiting for CAS just because they forgot to click the button?

edit: And it make sense that a bunch of us are getting it at the same time if it was a batch of decisions. Also, I may be over justifying due to sheer desire for it to be true.

Mine doesn't have a student ID number anywhere. The email was sent at 11:32pm Seattle time. I'll just assume I'm rejected so that I can be pleasantly surprised later on.

akili

Postby akili » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:09 pm

geoduck wrote:These are obviously auto generated, but they have a STUDENT ID NUMBER at the top. They can't generate one of these for every applicant or a university the size of UW would have way more than 7 digits. After reading it way too many times, I'm pretty sure that "or are admitted" is in contrast to being a continuing student, not in contrast to being rejected or wait listed. The bureaucracy at UW is pretty gigantic. This also explains the second paragraph's mail stipulation since you aren't eligible for a UW email account until they have given you the PIN that goes with your student ID to create a myUW account.

But people are receiving it who are still IR. And it's people who filled out the FAFSA... I don't know, I wouldn't read too much in to it. I mean, I think/hope yall are all in anyways, but I don't think this email proves anything.

sabenser

Postby sabenser » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:11 pm

rs2004 wrote:haha we need an admitted student to help us out here....

Someone should just call UW, act like they've already been told they're accepted and ask when they should expect information on creating a UW Net ID.

sabenser

Postby sabenser » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:12 pm

akili wrote:

But people are receiving it who are still IR. And it's people who filled out the FAFSA... I don't know, I wouldn't read too much in to it. I mean, I think/hope yall are all in anyways, but I don't think this email proves anything.

Not to mention, I only applied like three weeks ago and am not an auto admit. 165/3.6/WA resident

Edit: Checked LSAC. I guess time has gone by fast. I applied 7 Jan.
Last edited by sabenser on Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geoduck

Postby geoduck » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:19 pm

How isn't that a possible auto admit? Those are fine numbers in a school with a 75% LSAT of 66. Also, I'm pretty sure you applied a month ago since the deadline was Jan 15th.

Does everyone else's have a 7 digit ID number at the top? 0######?

StreetJustice

Postby StreetJustice » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:22 pm

Got the email too. No Student ID. I have pretty low numbers and I'm White as they come. 162/3.2 OOS. Also in the 1/21 IR crew, holdin' it down.

I did get excited because no other school has sent this email out. Seems like a waste of computer labor to be automated, but I don't expect to be admitted.

blackbird

Postby blackbird » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:38 pm

geoduck wrote:Does everyone else's have a 7 digit ID number at the top? 0######?

So far it seems like yours is the only email out of the people posting that came with a 7-digit ID number at the top.

I got the email as well, sans ID number. I guess I shouldn't let myself go thinking it means anything. It would hurt to much if I did that and then ended up getting rejected. Please love me, UW! Please! :P

upfish

Postby upfish » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:17 pm

I got it as well, and it struck me as an auto-gen finaid email too. I was happy to know that UW still existed, but yeah, I don't think it was like OMFG ADMITTED.

I applied last year to some schools and I'm pretty sure I got these form emails from them too when I submitted a FAFSA, admitted or not.

rs2004

Postby rs2004 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:23 pm

sure i think in geoduck's case, it may be an indication of acceptance because of the student id number. for the rest of us, i dont think it means much, just that they have gotten our fafsa info.

geoduck

Postby geoduck » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:26 pm

Well I'm back to dying of waiting anxiety. I figured out why mine has a student ID and nobody else's does. I got a few credits from UW in my German class senior year of high school. I guess they tied my information together with that info and sent it with that number up top. Now the wait's going to be even worse!

upfish

Postby upfish » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:53 pm

geoduck wrote:Well I'm back to dying of waiting anxiety. I figured out why mine has a student ID and nobody else's does. I got a few credits from UW in my German class senior year of high school. I guess they tied my information together with that info and sent it with that number up top. Now the wait's going to be even worse!

Man, I totally thought you were onto something w/the ID number thing. :| I was pretty jealous, haha.

I hope we all hear something soon.

geoduck

Postby geoduck » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:13 pm

upfish wrote:
geoduck wrote:Well I'm back to dying of waiting anxiety. I figured out why mine has a student ID and nobody else's does. I got a few credits from UW in my German class senior year of high school. I guess they tied my information together with that info and sent it with that number up top. Now the wait's going to be even worse!

Man, I totally thought you were onto something w/the ID number thing. :| I was pretty jealous, haha.

I hope we all hear something soon.

I did too :(. Totally didn't think that my extension credit from almost a decade ago would slap a student ID on my page. On the other hand, I was wondering why my number was lower than my wife's, who got her B.A. there in '08. Just figured they must randomize the numbers.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:21 pm

I am an admitted student @ UW and filled my FAFSA out a while ago, and didn't get that e-mail.

Weird, LOL. =-/ Auto-generated email should be fast! D:

gens1tb

Postby gens1tb » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:45 pm

The email says "if you are admitted" in the main paragraph. It's just because you listed them on your fafsa.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:50 pm

Woops, there it is in my spam folder D: Mine doesn't have an SID but I am admitted, so it has to be unconnected.

kjohnson61489

Postby kjohnson61489 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:57 pm

IR 12/1. My current status says I am still IR, but under mailings, it says a decision letter has been sent. Crossing my fingers

falias

Postby falias » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:03 pm

IR 1/21, UW 2010 graduate, but here to say that I also got the financial aid email last night, and it has my student number (same number I had during undergrad) at the top, indicating a previous student.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:05 pm

Hey I have a question - Is there a "need access" report thing that I need to do? I wrote my scholarship essay and submitted FAFSA (obv) but all the other schools I have been admitted to require this nebulous thing called a need access report, where I have to disclose things about my deadbeat parents. =/

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”