U Washington 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jrmartin

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby jrmartin » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:39 pm

firecracker wrote:
jim wrote:In review today.

+1

+1

JakeL

Postby JakeL » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:40 pm

Well apologies for spreading disinformation earlier in the thread. I had been told by those very close to the school that they don't review until January. Apparently things have changed, and just glad I didn't postpone this application too long!

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:42 pm

JakeL wrote:Well apologies for spreading disinformation earlier in the thread. I had been told by those very close to the school that they don't review until January. Apparently things have changed, and just glad I didn't postpone this application too long!

Earliest decision last year was in mid-January. I think that despite the "In Review" status, we will still be waiting for a while.

Xnegd

Postby Xnegd » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:58 pm

In review, wow that took a while lol.

deja

Postby deja » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:11 pm

bdubs wrote:
JakeL wrote:Well apologies for spreading disinformation earlier in the thread. I had been told by those very close to the school that they don't review until January. Apparently things have changed, and just glad I didn't postpone this application too long!

Earliest decision last year was in mid-January. I think that despite the "In Review" status, we will still be waiting for a while.

You're probably right, but it's exciting to see the wheels are in motion. :D

stheskier

Postby stheskier » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:09 pm

jrmartin wrote:
firecracker wrote:
jim wrote:In review today.

+1

+1

+1 :D

WayBryson

Postby WayBryson » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:44 pm

Hey all,
This might be a bit of a stupid question, but where do you get the status checker? I have seen the login on the website, but I am not sure where to find my username and password. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would be much appreciative.

stheskier

Postby stheskier » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:53 pm

WayBryson wrote:Hey all,
This might be a bit of a stupid question, but where do you get the status checker? I have seen the login on the website, but I am not sure where to find my username and password. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would be much appreciative.

Your username password would have been emailed to you when they sent you the received app email.

jck4487

Postby jck4487 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:13 pm

Went "In Review" today as well.

Like I said before, I talked to Dean Le at a law fair a month ago and he said every year they send out a large share of acceptance before Christmas, but they do most of their work after the holidays. So, there is hope of hearing before Christmas.

stheskier

Postby stheskier » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:31 pm

jck4487 wrote:Went "In Review" today as well.

Like I said before, I talked to Dean Le at a law fair a month ago and he said every year they send out a large share of acceptance before Christmas, but they do most of their work after the holidays. So, there is hope of hearing before Christmas.

That would be the best xmas gift! Arggg. Now my hopes are even further hightened!

jck4487

Postby jck4487 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:42 pm

stheskier wrote:

That would be the best xmas gift! Arggg. Now my hopes are even further hightened!

I know--considering there's a disclaimer at the bottom that says, "If a decision has been rendered, please allow 7-10 business days for the decision letter to arrive before contacting the Office of Admissions & Financial Aid." I'm assuming they snail-mail decisions? And I guess the status will update as it's mailed and we just have to compulsively check our mailboxes every day...

illwill

Postby illwill » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:11 pm

If this is the case then they said the complete opposite at an info session they held at UW in October. Dean Le explicitly said it doesn't matter when you apply as long as its by the deadline, because they do a massive application dump after the deadline and only then begin reviewing applications.

deja

Postby deja » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:21 pm

illwill wrote:

If this is the case then they said the complete opposite at an info session they held at UW in October. Dean Le explicitly said it doesn't matter when you apply as long as its by the deadline, because they do a massive application dump after the deadline and only then begin reviewing applications.

The logical answer here is to convince him to sign up for a TLS account and come answer the question himself. Any volunteers? :D

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:23 pm

In Review also today, yeehaw.

Let's get some motion in the ocean people!

akili

Postby akili » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:21 am

Oh snap. I'm in review too.

Also, I applied last year and the way it worked was Ready for Review --> In Review --> Blank --> You got a letter

kineticx

Postby kineticx » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:20 am

just submitted my app. :oops:

akili, I keep reading your username as "Alki" and think fondly about alki beach...

jck4487

Postby jck4487 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:50 am

illwill wrote:

I feel like a lot of schools generally say things like that too keep people off their backs. On LSN there are a couple of people who got decisions before 1/15 or right after, and there are only 30 or so people who have decision dates listed. At least that's what I hope. :)

stheskier

Postby stheskier » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:17 am

In LSN no U Washington applicants from 09-10 received acceptances in Dec.
This is going to be a long wait in review in think.

sojuteacher

Postby sojuteacher » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:14 pm

so I submitted 11/8 and status is still stuck at 11/10 "Awaiting CAS Report". Below that, my two LORs register, but then below it on the reqs checklist, everything is checked off except for the req. for 2 LORs.

I thought it would just take care of itself, but now that I see a few of u going into review, should I send them an email and see what is going on?

Anyone else have a problem like this? is it just a glitch?

thanks in advance

JakeL

Postby JakeL » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:26 pm

sojuteacher wrote:so I submitted 11/8 and status is still stuck at 11/10 "Awaiting CAS Report". Below that, my two LORs register, but then below it on the reqs checklist, everything is checked off except for the req. for 2 LORs.

I thought it would just take care of itself, but now that I see a few of u going into review, should I send them an email and see what is going on?

thanks in advance

Mine was/is the exact same and I called them last night. They said they had everything but they just hadn't manually updated the tracker. I also applied around the same time as you. That being said, couldn't hurt to call.

akili

Postby akili » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:28 pm

I just looked at the thread from last cycle. It looks like a couple people went In Review on December 4th, but the earliest acceptance noted in that thread is January 13th.

jck4487

Postby jck4487 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:34 pm

JakeL wrote:
sojuteacher wrote:so I submitted 11/8 and status is still stuck at 11/10 "Awaiting CAS Report". Below that, my two LORs register, but then below it on the reqs checklist, everything is checked off except for the req. for 2 LORs.

thanks in advance

Mine was/is the exact same and I called them last night. They said they had everything but they just hadn't manually updated the tracker. I also applied around the same time as you. That being said, couldn't hurt to call.

I sent an e-mail and mine was fixed about an hour later.

RTFM

Postby RTFM » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:20 pm

RTFM wrote:
Dirk Lang wrote:E-mailed for a fee waiver 11/11. No reply.
Just went ahead and sent in app anyway 11/19. No confirmation or anything.

Anybody else experience this? Definitely one of my top choices too.

I e-mailed them over a week ago about a fee waiver and they never got back to me. I figure they must be busier because of the holiday, so I'm going to wait a little while longer before submitting. Maybe they just stopped giving fee waivers :-/

Just got the e-mail waiving my fee :D

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:03 pm

Ah, "In Review" as of yesterday. Finally some movement from UWash.

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:58 pm

JakeL wrote:
KevinP wrote:Did anyone else notice the median GPA fell to 3.65 for the entering class of 2010?

Good, they've been way-too-hardcore GPA sticklers in the past for me to have a good shot.

Yeah, definitely is welcome news.

Does anyone know if UW auto waives the fee for those of us who received LSAC fee waivers? Otherwise I'll have to send them an email just in case they also take 3 weeks to reply.

Good luck everyone! UW is easily one of my top choices.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”