U Washington 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lemonie
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:55 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby lemonie » Thu May 12, 2011 4:02 pm

purplebus wrote:I'll just make myself happy by thinking that they didn't send out emails to people they assumed were completely adamant on seeking admission to the UW.


I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hope you are right!! :|

mistermister
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby mistermister » Thu May 12, 2011 4:33 pm

I haven't had a word of communication since being WLed. Didn't even respond to the WL letter. Got the email. Who knows.

gens1tb
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:36 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby gens1tb » Thu May 12, 2011 5:11 pm

tony1003 wrote:Three if you look at the person who is asking if they should go to UW or duke.



Even better

NicG
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby NicG » Thu May 12, 2011 6:02 pm

lemonie wrote:
tony1003 wrote:Or they did and they selected to send the email to those they are looking at admitting.


I have a bad feeling that this may be the case??

+1 :(

clintone88
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:10 am

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby clintone88 » Thu May 12, 2011 6:41 pm

Did anyone get an email today? I got one at about 3 pm central. Same thing as everyone else just saying "are you still interested?" I hadn't sent in a real loci previously, but did tell them that I wanted to go and they were my top choice. This time around I sent in a loci updating my application and resume and all of that. And talked about why I wanted to go there. I sincerely hope that those speculating about them sending out the email to those they are looking at admitting are right, but I kind of doubt it. Oh and I'm out of state if that helps.

purplebus
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby purplebus » Thu May 12, 2011 7:10 pm

lemonie wrote:
purplebus wrote:I'll just make myself happy by thinking that they didn't send out emails to people they assumed were completely adamant on seeking admission to the UW.


I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hope you are right!! :|


I feel like this might be the case. So far it seems that people who either didn't send a LOCI, or sent in a LOCI/email that maybe didn't strongly demonstrate their desire to attend the UW, got this follow-up email. It seems silly to give preferential treatment to those who haven't sent in relatively enthusiastic declarations that they want to attend the UW. Looking passed the numbers/qualifications, it seems that just about every school wants to select waitlisted applicants that sincerely want to attend their school.

tony1003
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:40 am

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby tony1003 » Thu May 12, 2011 7:17 pm

i hope you're right

NicG
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby NicG » Thu May 12, 2011 7:22 pm

purplebus wrote:
lemonie wrote:
purplebus wrote:I'll just make myself happy by thinking that they didn't send out emails to people they assumed were completely adamant on seeking admission to the UW.


I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hope you are right!! :|


I feel like this might be the case. So far it seems that people who either didn't send a LOCI, or sent in a LOCI/email that maybe didn't strongly demonstrate their desire to attend the UW, got this follow-up email. It seems silly to give preferential treatment to those who haven't sent in relatively enthusiastic declarations that they want to attend the UW. Looking passed the numbers/qualifications, it seems that just about every school wants to select waitlisted applicants that sincerely want to attend their school.


Sent in an email loci that was effervescent about UW, didn't receive an email I think it's hierarchical. :(

NicG
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby NicG » Thu May 12, 2011 7:23 pm

Oops just received the email :)

purplebus
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby purplebus » Thu May 12, 2011 7:24 pm

tony1003 wrote:i hope you're right


Yeah hopefully it's just an attempt to downsize their waitlist as much as they can to make the decisions easier. A lot of people stay on waitlists to keep their options open until the end, and don't wholeheartedly want to attend.

purplebus
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby purplebus » Thu May 12, 2011 7:26 pm

NicG wrote:Oops just received the email :)


Ok, this kind of throws my theory out, but it's also maybe some good news. New theory: they are just sending out emails as they re-review applications, and not everyone will get the email the same day.

tony1003
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:40 am

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby tony1003 » Thu May 12, 2011 7:38 pm

phew got one. even if it doesnt mean anything.

purplebus
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby purplebus » Thu May 12, 2011 7:43 pm

Just got it too! Ok then, looks like they are just trying to downsize their list as much as possible.

UWhopeful
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 8:07 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby UWhopeful » Thu May 12, 2011 8:12 pm

Just got the email today. It says to "simply respond to this e-mail with a "yes"." I never sent a formal LOCI, just an email that said I was interested in remaining on the waitlist. I take from this that they are not interested in the formal letter at this point, but I could be wrong.

lemonie
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:55 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby lemonie » Thu May 12, 2011 9:08 pm

purplebus wrote:Just got it too! Ok then, looks like they are just trying to downsize their list as much as possible.


+1

Thank you UW. Let MoRE of this excruciating waiting begin!!

junebuggy
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 1:10 am

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby junebuggy » Fri May 13, 2011 4:48 pm

UW grad, waitlisted, new to this thread:

Has anyone visted the school to meet with someone in the admissions office yet? I was thinking about it, but don't really know if it's worth it now that I've received that ambiguous email too (fyi I sent in a well thought-out LOCI). I've also been told by the admissions office that there's nothing further we can do to sway their decision - they're just revaluating your application basically. Oh, the frustration...

lemonie
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:55 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby lemonie » Fri May 13, 2011 5:01 pm

junebuggy wrote:UW grad, waitlisted, new to this thread:

Has anyone visted the school to meet with someone in the admissions office yet? I was thinking about it, but don't really know if it's worth it now that I've received that ambiguous email too (fyi I sent in a well thought-out LOCI). I've also been told by the admissions office that there's nothing further we can do to sway their decision - they're just revaluating your application basically. Oh, the frustration...


Yup. Nothing else to do but wait another good 2 weeks MINIMUM and up to a month or so...

JakeL
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby JakeL » Fri May 13, 2011 5:10 pm

junebuggy wrote:UW grad, waitlisted, new to this thread:

Has anyone visted the school to meet with someone in the admissions office yet? I was thinking about it, but don't really know if it's worth it now that I've received that ambiguous email too (fyi I sent in a well thought-out LOCI). I've also been told by the admissions office that there's nothing further we can do to sway their decision - they're just revaluating your application basically. Oh, the frustration...


I'd be surprised if they'd even meet with you. I asked to come in after I got WL'd and they said that they wouldn't set up interviews and the file is complete. I'm sure you could figure out a way to get in there, but I doubt it would help. That being said, it couldn't hurt! Let me know if you go for it.

purplebus
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby purplebus » Fri May 13, 2011 5:12 pm

junebuggy wrote:UW grad, waitlisted, new to this thread:

Has anyone visted the school to meet with someone in the admissions office yet? I was thinking about it, but don't really know if it's worth it now that I've received that ambiguous email too (fyi I sent in a well thought-out LOCI). I've also been told by the admissions office that there's nothing further we can do to sway their decision - they're just revaluating your application basically. Oh, the frustration...


Yeah I was told at this point visits won't be reflected in your application (if they did at any time).

junebuggy
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 1:10 am

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby junebuggy » Fri May 13, 2011 5:59 pm

purplebus wrote:
junebuggy wrote:UW grad, waitlisted, new to this thread:

Has anyone visted the school to meet with someone in the admissions office yet? I was thinking about it, but don't really know if it's worth it now that I've received that ambiguous email too (fyi I sent in a well thought-out LOCI). I've also been told by the admissions office that there's nothing further we can do to sway their decision - they're just revaluating your application basically. Oh, the frustration...


Yeah I was told at this point visits won't be reflected in your application (if they did at any time).



Meh, I was "encouraged" to come and visit....whatever, I'll feel better about myself if I know they see me/talk with me and get a better understanding of how I am as a person. Of course, that will also make me feel worse if I'm eventually kicked off the waitlist : / .

junebuggy
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 1:10 am

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby junebuggy » Fri May 13, 2011 6:49 pm

Oh, and btw, the admissions office told me today that they send that "Yes/No" email out to everyone on the waitlist. No need to worry, I guess.

User avatar
deja
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:51 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby deja » Sat May 14, 2011 12:59 am

Sorry - should have posted this sooner because I know from experience what it's like waiting on news and collecting evidence to support various superstitious beliefs about the UW admissions process. :D

But, I was accepted off the WL on Wednesday by phone. I wasn't asked if I wanted to remain on the WL, but prior to this month I had repeatedly made my intentions to attend the school very, very clear. So, looks like I'll be attending this fall!

For those who care, I'm out of state.

Good luck to the rest of you!

lemonie
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:55 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby lemonie » Sat May 14, 2011 3:28 am

deja wrote:Sorry - should have posted this sooner because I know from experience what it's like waiting on news and collecting evidence to support various superstitious beliefs about the UW admissions process. :D

But, I was accepted off the WL on Wednesday by phone. I wasn't asked if I wanted to remain on the WL, but prior to this month I had repeatedly made my intentions to attend the school very, very clear. So, looks like I'll be attending this fall!

For those who care, I'm out of state.

Good luck to the rest of you!


Wow.. Congrats!!! If you would be so kind to answer... What did you do exactly that set you apart from rest of us that got the "WL reaffirmation" email?? I'm guessing you sent in a solid LOCI... But aside from that, did you make a visit/talk to the dean or someone to let them know you're extra committed to attend and all?? Dyin to know if there's this magic formula UW adcomm uses to admit people off WL right off the bat like that. Probably your LSAT played a good role too? Mine sucks--whewww :/

lemonie
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:55 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby lemonie » Mon May 16, 2011 4:43 pm

Just contacted UW and asked if offers of admissions / rejections off of the WL will be made by telephone (because I'm paranoid now of missing whatever phone call I may get from 206-543-****....) and was told that they will be mailing them out. While on the phone, I also asked about when we'd hear back and was told that although decisions could be made into June/July that bulk of the decisions will be made within couple of weeks. Now I could maniacally start checking my mailbox starting some time next week). Yay!!

NicG
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby NicG » Mon May 16, 2011 5:27 pm

lemonie wrote:Just contacted UW and asked if offers of admissions / rejections off of the WL will be made by telephone (because I'm paranoid now of missing whatever phone call I may get from 206-543-****....) and was told that they will be mailing them out. While on the phone, I also asked about when we'd hear back and was told that although decisions could be made into June/July that bulk of the decisions will be made within couple of weeks. Now I could maniacally start checking my mailbox starting some time next week). Yay!!

Omg all the mixed messages! Are they calling? Some of this list were called or are they mailing, As you say? Ugh :evil:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 88234, ad34964n, afenthiko1, airwrecka, Anon.y.mousse., cyclawps, lillawyer2, Majestic-12 [Bot], mritter3, NotAGolfer, pantsuitchic, ProductofUnreality, sonyco, TriSapien and 29 guests