U Washington 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Kinderby
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby Kinderby » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:43 am

crandall7 wrote:I have one more random question, does LSAC send Law School Reports electronically or through the snail mail to law schools? I'm not sure if anyone would know but I can't actually find them coming out and saying which method it is on the website.

Don't know how much of an expert I am on this, but one of the schools I applied to last week had me in review in about a day--I think LSAC sends the report electronically, some schools are just much slower at putting them together with your application. And then W&M wants the paper LSAC report (WHYYYYEEEE?!) first. Schools are all different, but I'm going to say pretty sure LSAC sends electronically unless otherwise requested (or both).

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:45 pm

Still nothing yet? What the heck!

gens1tb
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:36 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby gens1tb » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:23 pm

For those of you with application tracker access, how long did it take for UW to email you with details (i.e a login username/password)? Also, anyone who has applied in January get their email yet?

User avatar
Kinderby
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby Kinderby » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:27 pm

I applied 1/5 and got the status checker email 1/7.

clarsen
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:26 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby clarsen » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:50 pm

I applied 1/9 and received my status checker on 1/11.

Madison425
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:54 am

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby Madison425 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:52 pm

...
Last edited by Madison425 on Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby akili » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:53 pm

I wonder if schools were expecting a different applicant pool than they actually got.

User avatar
rs2004
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby rs2004 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:55 pm

akili wrote:I wonder if schools were expecting a different applicant pool than they actually got.


well there have been different theories running around about certain schools wanting splitters to boost their gpas, etc

i do think that schools are waiting for more applications to come around and are holding back the earlier ones that don't meet their number expectations. i suspect that much from northwestern since they just let out a bunch of few waivers for a feb 15 app deadline.

Madison425
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:54 am

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby Madison425 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:55 pm

...
Last edited by Madison425 on Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gens1tb
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:36 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby gens1tb » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:27 pm

clarsen wrote:I applied 1/9 and received my status checker on 1/11.

Kinderby wrote:I applied 1/5 and got the status checker email 1/7.



I applied on 1/10... still no tracker!

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby akili » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:29 pm

Madison425 wrote:hmm - that is a good point - especially if last year was skewed by the economy and resulting large number of apps.

btw - akili - i noticed how you did on your Dec LSAT (not to be to creepy) - but CONGRATS!


That's kind of what I was wondering. Wasn't the Oct. LSAT a week(ish) later than normal too? The December definitely was and a lot of people were worried that would hurt us late-folk. It seems like most schools (besides W&L) are moving slower than last year.

Thanks Madison! UW rejected me last year (and broke my heart in to little pieces) so it's nice to have a better shot this year!

User avatar
xtine
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby xtine » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:02 am

rs2004 wrote:
akili wrote:I wonder if schools were expecting a different applicant pool than they actually got.


well there have been different theories running around about certain schools wanting splitters to boost their gpas, etc

i do think that schools are waiting for more applications to come around and are holding back the earlier ones that don't meet their number expectations. i suspect that much from northwestern since they just let out a bunch of few waivers for a feb 15 app deadline.


Hm... my theory was that schools release fee waivers this late just to inflate their application numbers and look more competitive. No?

User avatar
rs2004
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby rs2004 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:12 am

xtine wrote:
rs2004 wrote:
akili wrote:I wonder if schools were expecting a different applicant pool than they actually got.


well there have been different theories running around about certain schools wanting splitters to boost their gpas, etc

i do think that schools are waiting for more applications to come around and are holding back the earlier ones that don't meet their number expectations. i suspect that much from northwestern since they just let out a bunch of few waivers for a feb 15 app deadline.


Hm... my theory was that schools release fee waivers this late just to inflate their application numbers and look more competitive. No?



i think so too, but also think they are still looking for apps with better numbers - just a guess though

gens1tb
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:36 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby gens1tb » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:55 pm

Well, still no email. It's been 5 days. I called and left a message, but I haven't been called back.

Rejected in the worst possible way haha

chicityteacher
Posts: 150
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby chicityteacher » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:02 pm

Sorry, I'm showing up to this thread late, but any early applicants get a decision yet?

I applied in the second week of October and my status has been "In Review" since December 1. They are supposed to have begun mailing out decisions now and I was just curious if anyone had gotten a decision yet. Thanks.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby akili » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:04 pm

Last year at least, people's statuses went blank and that indicated the letter was mailed.

User avatar
deja
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:51 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby deja » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:00 pm

akili wrote:Last year at least, people's statuses went blank and that indicated the letter was mailed.


That seems to be the trend this year based on people who have been accepted. In answer to chicityteacher, I think a number of us are in that 12/1 "In Review" boat. It's driving me crazy!

User avatar
rs2004
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby rs2004 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:02 pm

deja wrote:
akili wrote:Last year at least, people's statuses went blank and that indicated the letter was mailed.


That seems to be the trend this year based on people who have been accepted. In answer to chicityteacher, I think a number of us are in that 12/1 "In Review" boat. It's driving me crazy!



at least some of you are in reivew....im still at ready for review since mid november

User avatar
Adjudicator
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:18 am

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby Adjudicator » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:04 pm

I am "In Review" since 12/1 as well and every time this thread is bumped, I worry that they've started the first real wave of acceptances and left me out of it.

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:16 pm

12/13 here... don't worry they'll get to us.

User avatar
Kinderby
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby Kinderby » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:20 pm

It's only been a couple weeks, but they're still "Awaiting CAS report" from me; meanwhile, I'm in review at schools I applied to on the same day! They better get my LORs soon. I like you, Washington, I really really like you!

User avatar
upfish
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby upfish » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:51 pm

Adjudicator wrote:I am "In Review" since 12/1 as well and every time this thread is bumped, I worry that they've started the first real wave of acceptances and left me out of it.



I've been "Ready for Review since 12/13, so I guess at least you're in the process already?

User avatar
snapdragon
Posts: 766
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:34 am

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby snapdragon » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:53 pm

Still "ready for review 12/1".

I have a feeling it's going to be a while.

chicityteacher
Posts: 150
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby chicityteacher » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:06 pm

deja wrote:
akili wrote:Last year at least, people's statuses went blank and that indicated the letter was mailed.


That seems to be the trend this year based on people who have been accepted. In answer to chicityteacher, I think a number of us are in that 12/1 "In Review" boat. It's driving me crazy!


So some people have been accepted already? Who/where are these people? When did they find out? And when did they apply? The app became available Oct. 1 and I applied Oct. 14th. So, should I be finding out soon?

I'm driving myself crazy with these questions.

User avatar
Adjudicator
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:18 am

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby Adjudicator » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:08 pm

chicityteacher wrote:
deja wrote:
akili wrote:Last year at least, people's statuses went blank and that indicated the letter was mailed.


That seems to be the trend this year based on people who have been accepted. In answer to chicityteacher, I think a number of us are in that 12/1 "In Review" boat. It's driving me crazy!


So some people have been accepted already? Who/where are these people? When did they find out? And when did they apply? The app became available Oct. 1 and I applied Oct. 14th. So, should I be finding out soon?

I'm driving myself crazy with these questions.


I submitted my app on October 2nd, so I doubt that many people applied before me. That's why I'm going to get so worried if I'm not in the first major wave of acceptances.

I don't know what's up with the people that got accepted already. They seem to be kind of random.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: canafsa, carlos_danger, KeYe88, lillawyer2, notsolawful, TudoBem and 15 guests