U Washington 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
HopefullyLaw

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby HopefullyLaw » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:16 pm

Decision: 3/11

Decision Letter: 3/14

I sent admissions a brief e-mail on the morning of 3/14 before my checker said decision letter. I asked if I could receive my decision via e-mail and here is what I got today (3/15) at 6:57 p.m. CST.

Dear HopefullyLaw,

Thank you for your message and continued interest in UW School of Law. Unfortunately I am unable to tell you your decision via email.

Your letter was mailed today; you should expect it in the mail within 7-10 days.

Best,

UW Law

schan06

Postby schan06 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:32 pm

I'm not sure if this is any help for people who are on the waiting train, but a letter postmarked on 3/11 from Seattle University did not arrive in Hawaii until Today, 3/15. It's pretty much snail mail as it is to Hawaii, but hope that gives people a better idea on the time frame!

meganmac

Postby meganmac » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:43 pm

Well, I've been waiting patiently on UW for a few weeks, IR 01/24. I called on Friday and was told a decision had NOT been rendered on my application, but my status changed sometime over the weekend to "Decision" on 3/11. Based on this thread, is there another status of "Decision Mailed"? or "letter"? Do they always update it to that if they've mailed a decision? I find it weird that it's 3/15 and my status doesn't say I have a letter mailed but my decision was rendered last week.

schan06

Postby schan06 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:47 pm

meganmac wrote:Well, I've been waiting patiently on UW for a few weeks, IR 01/24. I called on Friday and was told a decision had NOT been rendered on my application, but my status changed sometime over the weekend to "Decision" on 3/11. Based on this thread, is there another status of "Decision Mailed"? or "letter"? Do they always update it to that if they've mailed a decision? I find it weird that it's 3/15 and my status doesn't say I have a letter mailed but my decision was rendered last week.

On the left-hand side of the status checker there is a log of "MAILINGS", IF there is an update on mailings then there should be one that says "Decision Letter".

simonruw

Postby simonruw » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:52 pm

meganmac wrote:Well, I've been waiting patiently on UW for a few weeks, IR 01/24. I called on Friday and was told a decision had NOT been rendered on my application, but my status changed sometime over the weekend to "Decision" on 3/11. Based on this thread, is there another status of "Decision Mailed"? or "letter"? Do they always update it to that if they've mailed a decision? I find it weird that it's 3/15 and my status doesn't say I have a letter mailed but my decision was rendered last week.

At this point all efforts to disseminate a 'method to the madness' have failed. Just assume they have no proper methodology or approach to this matter. None of this makes sense, it's flippant and erratic.

layercake

Postby layercake » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:46 pm

The mailman was more than 2 hours late today, I know because I have been staring at my mailbox from my window for the last few days since I turned from IR to Decision, and during that time became very familiar with his routine. When he was done, I rushed out to find out I am IN!!! Extremely happy!

IR 1/21
Decision on 3/9
165/3.9

I live in Seattle and it took almost a week from when it turned Decision for me to get it. People here are right when they said that acceptances might take longer.

Good luck for everyone waiting from the 3/11 batch, hang in there, the long wait might have its benefits.

NicG

Postby NicG » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:51 pm

layercake wrote:The mailman was more than 2 hours late today, I know because I have been staring at my mailbox from my window for the last few days since I turned from IR to Decision, and during that time became very familiar with his routine. When he was done, I rushed out to find out I am IN!!! Extremely happy!

IR 1/21
Decision on 3/9
165/3.9

I live in Seattle and it took almost a week from when it turned Decision for me to get it. People here are right when they said that acceptances might take longer.

Good luck for everyone waiting from the 3/11 batch, hang in there, the long wait might have its benefits.

Congratulations!! :D

pcthenls

Postby pcthenls » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:02 pm

Yay! Thank you for the info and congrats as well!

Kinderby

Postby Kinderby » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:30 pm

Congratulations, layercake!!

deja

Postby deja » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:46 pm

layercake wrote:The mailman was more than 2 hours late today, I know because I have been staring at my mailbox from my window for the last few days since I turned from IR to Decision, and during that time became very familiar with his routine. When he was done, I rushed out to find out I am IN!!! Extremely happy!

IR 1/21
Decision on 3/9
165/3.9

Congrats!

simonruw wrote:
At this point all efforts to disseminate a 'method to the madness' have failed. Just assume they have no proper methodology or approach to this matter. None of this makes sense, it's flippant and erratic.

/agreed. A UW psych professor is writing a paper on inducing insanity in supposedly rational humans based on their monitoring of this forum.

layercake

Postby layercake » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:48 pm

thank you all and good luck!

Kinderby, good luck with the WL, I am sure good news will be on its way soon :)

schan06

Postby schan06 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:35 am

layercake wrote:thank you all and good luck!

Kinderby, good luck with the WL, I am sure good news will be on its way soon :)

Congrats again!

tony1003

Postby tony1003 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:47 am

Here we go another day to stalk the mailman. It's kinda funny at this point seeing how one mailman is totally chill. As soon as he sees me he goes to my apartments stuff and gives it to me right away. The other guy... Glares at me and tells me I need to stand further away and that it's going to be a while, he just started sorting mail. Not to mention the 2nd guy for some unknown reason takes three hours longer to get here than the first.

All of this may be grounds to declare me insane at this point. But I don't care. I just want my letter!

NicG

Postby NicG » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:51 am

tony1003 wrote:Here we go another day to stalk the mailman. It's kinda funny at this point seeing how one mailman is totally chill. As soon as he sees me he goes to my apartments stuff and gives it to me right away. The other guy... Glares at me and tells me I need to stand further away and that it's going to be a while, he just started sorting mail. Not to mention the 2nd guy for some unknown reason takes three hours longer to get here than the first.

All of this may be grounds to declare me insane at this point. But I don't care. I just want my letter!

I hear you Tony, its 850am here the mail comes at 1 but I am already checking the box and scanning the horizon for that little truck! Today's the day - gotta be!

geoduck

Postby geoduck » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:40 pm

tony1003 wrote:Here we go another day to stalk the mailman. It's kinda funny at this point seeing how one mailman is totally chill. As soon as he sees me he goes to my apartments stuff and gives it to me right away. The other guy... Glares at me and tells me I need to stand further away and that it's going to be a while, he just started sorting mail. Not to mention the 2nd guy for some unknown reason takes three hours longer to get here than the first.

I hear ya. When I was first waiting (before it got so ridiculous that I called) I was circling the mailman like a vulture. And that whole week he decided to not come in till 5:30 and take 45 minutes to sort all the mail. I know it's an 11 story building, but damn it!

akili

Postby akili » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:42 pm

The mailman at my apartment complex is so awful. He doesn't come until 6 pm frequently because he gets paid more if it takes him longer. Some days I swear he doesn't come at all.

pcthenls

Postby pcthenls » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:46 pm

Haha I am just laughing at how this thread has become one where we tell stories about the busy lives and mood swings of our respective mail carriers. This is what are doing to us UW!!! TORTURE!

geoduck

Postby geoduck » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:51 pm

pcthenls wrote:Haha I am just laughing at how this thread has become one where we tell stories about the busy lives and mood swings of our respective mail carriers. This is what are doing to us UW!!! TORTURE!

UW: Bringing your closer to your mailman since 2011.

upfish

Postby upfish » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:52 pm

pcthenls wrote:Haha I am just laughing at how this thread has become one where we tell stories about the busy lives and mood swings of our respective mail carriers. This is what are doing to us UW!!! TORTURE!

It makes me thankful I have a day job. I think my mail dude comes at 3:30, but I'm never home 'til 5:30 so I don't agonize over the specifics! :lol:

oliveminna

Postby oliveminna » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:54 pm

geoduck wrote:

I hear ya. When I was first waiting (before it got so ridiculous that I called) I was circling the mailman like a vulture. And that whole week he decided to not come in till 5:30 and take 45 minutes to sort all the mail. I know it's an 11 story building, but damn it!

I am so lucky, our mailman is so sweet. I work really close to where I live so he has been bringing me my mail when he delivers the company mail. Otherwize I would have to wait until after work and after I picked the child up from school - that would have been torture. He waited yesterday when I opened my envelope.

NicG

Postby NicG » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:42 pm

OMG! The torture continues - got a huge envelope today - was junk mail. then a small envelope - UW - Waitlisted!
:twisted: :evil: :? Says decisions in May or later, um any advice?
Last edited by NicG on Wed May 11, 2011 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tony1003

Postby tony1003 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:47 pm

NicG wrote:OMG! The torture continues - got a huge envelope today - was junk mail. then a small envelope - UW - Waitlisted!
:twisted: :evil: :? Says decisions in May or later, um any advice? I have to reply to SU about their hefty scholarship offer by 4/15??

Hey congrats on the wait list! Don't undersell that at all. As far as seattle u I would play the deposit game. Accept and put down your deposit then pull out if UW takes you. In the long runs it's just a few hundred bucks. Good luck!

deja

Postby deja » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:54 pm

NicG wrote:OMG! The torture continues - got a huge envelope today - was junk mail. then a small envelope - UW - Waitlisted!
:twisted: :evil: :? Says decisions in May or later, um any advice? I have to reply to SU about their hefty scholarship offer by 4/15??

Yeah - way to go on the WL!! Another ray of hope here with your numbers (mine aren't too far off). When was yours mailed?

tony1003

Postby tony1003 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:56 pm

Decision 3/11 letter mailed 3/14. Wait Listed today. Live two blocks from UW. UW undergrad. 3.52 lsac Gpa. 158 LSAT. URM.

simonruw

Postby simonruw » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:37 pm

3/11 3/11

Waitlisted.

3.5/163/UWUndergrad

Anyone have info on UW waitlist ?
Last edited by simonruw on Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”