U Washington 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Adjudicator
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:18 am

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby Adjudicator » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:36 pm

My status checker hasn't changed... In Review since 12/1. :| Making me nervous!

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:37 pm

Adjudicator wrote:My status checker hasn't changed... In Review since 12/1. :| Making me nervous!


Yeah, no new date... but all schools do things differently, so maybe their dates don't change as much as, say, Cornell or Penn.

JakeL
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby JakeL » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:45 pm

Adjudicator wrote:Every time someone bumps this thread, my heart skips a beat because I think someone has received a decision.

If other people start getting in before I hear anything, I'm going to lose it.

UW adcomms: I had better be the very first person you admit! Thanks.


Wait, I thought someone on the thread earlier already said they were admitted...

User avatar
Adjudicator
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:18 am

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby Adjudicator » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:47 pm

JakeL wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:Every time someone bumps this thread, my heart skips a beat because I think someone has received a decision.

If other people start getting in before I hear anything, I'm going to lose it.

UW adcomms: I had better be the very first person you admit! Thanks.


Wait, I thought someone on the thread earlier already said they were admitted...


I chose to disbelieve that.

User avatar
whitman
Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:08 am

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby whitman » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:50 pm

I know that was all tongue-in-cheek, but I got in about a week ago. OOS.

User avatar
oldhippie
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby oldhippie » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:54 pm

whitman wrote:I know that was all tongue-in-cheek, but I got in about a week ago. OOS.


same here....sorry you can't be first, adj...but next, i''m sure!! :)

User avatar
deja
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:51 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby deja » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:25 pm

Adjudicator wrote:Every time someone bumps this thread, my heart skips a beat because I think someone has received a decision.

If other people start getting in before I hear anything, I'm going to lose it.

UW adcomms: I had better be the very first person you admit! Thanks.


Remedy: daily LOCI (that's about the point I'm at right now... :D )

User avatar
Adjudicator
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:18 am

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby Adjudicator » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:30 pm

deja wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:Every time someone bumps this thread, my heart skips a beat because I think someone has received a decision.

If other people start getting in before I hear anything, I'm going to lose it.

UW adcomms: I had better be the very first person you admit! Thanks.


Remedy: daily LOCI (that's about the point I'm at right now... :D )


LOL... it is tempting, but I am afraid it would turn them off.

However, if they deny me or waitlist me, I am going to walk in and ask for the dean, in person.

Question for those who have been admitted: How did they notify you? Snail mail letter, email, phone call, or what?

User avatar
deja
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:51 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby deja » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:45 pm

Adjudicator wrote:
LOL... it is tempting, but I am afraid it would turn them off.

However, if they deny me or waitlist me, I am going to walk in and ask for the dean, in person.



That's funny -- I'm in pretty much the same boat. I don't want to bug them, but I feel they need to know I'm pretty much dying to go to school there. If I get denied I may just start attending classes and see if I can just sneak my way in to the student body...

User avatar
oldhippie
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby oldhippie » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:47 pm

Adjudicator wrote:Question for those who have been admitted: How did they notify you? Snail mail letter, email, phone call, or what?


snail mail letter, big white envelope.

User avatar
rs2004
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby rs2004 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:48 pm

oldhippie wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:Question for those who have been admitted: How did they notify you? Snail mail letter, email, phone call, or what?


snail mail letter, big white envelope.



did your status go into in review, then you got the mail?

been ready for review since mid november and wondering if UW is actually reviewing my file but just hasn't updated the status.

User avatar
oldhippie
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby oldhippie » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:59 am

rs2004 wrote:
oldhippie wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:Question for those who have been admitted: How did they notify you? Snail mail letter, email, phone call, or what?


snail mail letter, big white envelope.



did your status go into in review, then you got the mail?

been ready for review since mid november and wondering if UW is actually reviewing my file but just hasn't updated the status.

to be honest, i'm not completely sure. i think i was under review for a bit, then i stopped checking. the day i got the letter, my status had "disappeared" and now there is no status and is still says the last mailing was my status checker email on 10/28. they do not seem to be updating much....

crandall7
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby crandall7 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:10 pm

Hey guys, it has been a long time coming but I finally submitted my application through LSAC today. Don't laugh... I know it's really late haha

Anyways, I was just wondering what the next step is. Does UWash send you an email with an application status checker link or is this found on the website? Once you submit through LSAC, that's it, right? There aren't any certification forms or anything to send in?

Best of luck to everyone!

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:17 pm

crandall7 wrote:Hey guys, it has been a long time coming but I finally submitted my application through LSAC today. Don't laugh... I know it's really late haha

Anyways, I was just wondering what the next step is. Does UWash send you an email with an application status checker link or is this found on the website? Once you submit through LSAC, that's it, right? There aren't any certification forms or anything to send in?

Best of luck to everyone!


yea the next thing you get will be your status checker when your file goes complete! And, assuming you answered no to the "are you a felon?" questions, then there's no cert. you need to send in.

User avatar
The Weather
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby The Weather » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:21 pm

crandall7 wrote:Hey guys, it has been a long time coming but I finally submitted my application through LSAC today. Don't laugh... I know it's really late haha

Anyways, I was just wondering what the next step is. Does UWash send you an email with an application status checker link or is this found on the website? Once you submit through LSAC, that's it, right? There aren't any certification forms or anything to send in?

Best of luck to everyone!



I submitted on January 7th and received an email today (11th) with my status checker information. Hopefully, applying in January wont screw us over too much!

User avatar
LilMonsterAnnie
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby LilMonsterAnnie » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:21 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
crandall7 wrote:Hey guys, it has been a long time coming but I finally submitted my application through LSAC today. Don't laugh... I know it's really late haha

Anyways, I was just wondering what the next step is. Does UWash send you an email with an application status checker link or is this found on the website? Once you submit through LSAC, that's it, right? There aren't any certification forms or anything to send in?

Best of luck to everyone!


yea the next thing you get will be your status checker when your file goes complete! And, assuming you answered no to the "are you a felon?" questions, then there's no cert. you need to send in.


LOL...nice Aggie

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:24 pm

LilMonsterAnnie wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
crandall7 wrote:Hey guys, it has been a long time coming but I finally submitted my application through LSAC today. Don't laugh... I know it's really late haha

Anyways, I was just wondering what the next step is. Does UWash send you an email with an application status checker link or is this found on the website? Once you submit through LSAC, that's it, right? There aren't any certification forms or anything to send in?

Best of luck to everyone!


yea the next thing you get will be your status checker when your file goes complete! And, assuming you answered no to the "are you a felon?" questions, then there's no cert. you need to send in.


LOL...nice Aggie


Whaaaaat :S

On another note, I am excited about UW. I love Seattle, and my #'s have me a bit above 50% according to their admissions data on the website for last year's cycle. Here's to hoping!

User avatar
LilMonsterAnnie
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby LilMonsterAnnie » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:28 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
LilMonsterAnnie wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
crandall7 wrote:Hey guys, it has been a long time coming but I finally submitted my application through LSAC today. Don't laugh... I know it's really late haha

Anyways, I was just wondering what the next step is. Does UWash send you an email with an application status checker link or is this found on the website? Once you submit through LSAC, that's it, right? There aren't any certification forms or anything to send in?

Best of luck to everyone!


yea the next thing you get will be your status checker when your file goes complete! And, assuming you answered no to the "are you a felon?" questions, then there's no cert. you need to send in.


LOL...nice Aggie


Whaaaaat :S

On another note, I am excited about UW. I love Seattle, and my #'s have me a bit above 50% according to their admissions data on the website for last year's cycle. Here's to hoping!


definately awesome and beautiful. Love to have someone to study with (if I get in) However, you got into Hastings...whatever shall you do...if you get into UW?

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby akili » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:33 pm

The law school at UW is sooo gorgeous too. I was going to live in Seattle this year, but it fell through and I missed the weather all summer.

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:41 pm

definately awesome and beautiful. Love to have someone to study with (if I get in) However, you got into Hastings...whatever shall you do...if you get into UW?


Great question. I have been going over this a lot with my husband... we've made spreadsheets with all the pertinent details, and pros/cons of both. Quantitatively, U Dub has a better rank (in the 30s vs 40s), and Seattle would be a great chance of pace. I also ADORE the weather, although SF has fairly good weather also. I think from a legal market, both are pretty saturated, but Seattle, from what I've HEARD (on TLS, mostly) it's a very difficult market to break into.

The main thing will be $. Where can I go for the cheapest price that will still land me a job doing what I want to do? I applied for the Gates PSL scholarship as well so we'll see about that. Aside from that scholly, neither of the two schools participate in Yellow Ribbon, which sucks for me, but they're equal in that regard. Obviously, for my hubby, it'd be easier to stay in this area since he's already in school and transferring pharm school is at least as hard and tedious as law school. So I dunno. It'll make me feel better about myself either way. Every ding or WL is like a stab through my overachieving heart :(

User avatar
LilMonsterAnnie
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby LilMonsterAnnie » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:50 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
definately awesome and beautiful. Love to have someone to study with (if I get in) However, you got into Hastings...whatever shall you do...if you get into UW?


Great question. I have been going over this a lot with my husband... we've made spreadsheets with all the pertinent details, and pros/cons of both. Quantitatively, U Dub has a better rank (in the 30s vs 40s), and Seattle would be a great chance of pace. I also ADORE the weather, although SF has fairly good weather also. I think from a legal market, both are pretty saturated, but Seattle, from what I've HEARD (on TLS, mostly) it's a very difficult market to break into.

The main thing will be $. Where can I go for the cheapest price that will still land me a job doing what I want to do? I applied for the Gates PSL scholarship as well so we'll see about that. Aside from that scholly, neither of the two schools participate in Yellow Ribbon, which sucks for me, but they're equal in that regard. Obviously, for my hubby, it'd be easier to stay in this area since he's already in school and transferring pharm school is at least as hard and tedious as law school. So I dunno. It'll make me feel better about myself either way. Every ding or WL is like a stab through my overachieving heart :(



I feel the same pain

I am sitting on the fence about applying for the Gates scholarship. I am having a hard time wrapping my brain around being stuck only making 65k for five years or having to reimburse them for the difference.
Pharm school for the hub would be great up here.
What is yellow ribbon?

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:00 pm

I feel the same pain


Rar :(

I am sitting on the fence about applying for the Gates scholarship. I am having a hard time wrapping my brain around being stuck only making 65k for five years or having to reimburse them for the difference.
65 grand a year is great if you're a) doing what you love, and b) doing it with no f'ing graduate school debt. It really opens up the possibilities for you. You've got no reason not to apply...
Pharm school for the hub would be great up here.


Except that he'd have to try to get in, and his school is a 3 year accelerated program, and UW is a 4 year program so there are problems with that, not withstanding how difficult it is to get transfer accepted in the first place, as UW only takes 4-5 xfers a year.
What is yellow ribbon?


It's a perk that military veterans who served at least 3 years after 9/11 get. How it works is: In addition to our chapter 33 benefits (book stipend, BAH monthly housing allowance, and up to the highest tuition of an in-state school applied to our tuition at School X), if a given school participates in YRP, the gov't will match whatever $ they have volunteered to put forth. For example, @ UCLA, they offered to fully fund 5 veterans' legal educations (tuition wise) with a $99,999 contribution. This leaves the gov't matching, but they don't have anything to match, so it's a full ride for the student. Now let's look @ Berkeley... they contribute $5,000. That means the VA will match the $5,000, granting me $10,000 total of "free" tuition money, like a grant basically. It applies every year, so it doesn't go away and I can count on it.

Schools are all different. Some don't participate at all (cardozo, hastings, davis, uw) and some participate partially (uiuc, northwestern [25k!!]) and some fully (ucla, harvard).

User avatar
LilMonsterAnnie
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby LilMonsterAnnie » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:42 pm

It's a perk that military veterans who served at least 3 years after 9/11 get. How it works is: In addition to our chapter 33 benefits (book stipend, BAH monthly housing allowance, and up to the highest tuition of an in-state school applied to our tuition at School X), if a given school participates in YRP, the gov't will match whatever $ they have volunteered to put forth. For example, @ UCLA, they offered to fully fund 5 veterans' legal educations (tuition wise) with a $99,999 contribution. This leaves the gov't matching, but they don't have anything to match, so it's a full ride for the student. Now let's look @ Berkeley... they contribute $5,000. That means the VA will match the $5,000, granting me $10,000 total of "free" tuition money, like a grant basically. It applies every year, so it doesn't go away and I can count on it. Schools are all different. Some don't participate at all (cardozo, hastings, davis, uw) and some participate partially (uiuc, northwestern [25k!!]) and some fully (ucla, harvard).







That is awesome! Glad to see our vets being taken care of. Most I am sure do not or will not take advantage of this.

Kriminy. You are right about the Gates thing. I will reprint everything back up again. :lol:

Madison425
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:54 am

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby Madison425 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:11 pm

...
Last edited by Madison425 on Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crandall7
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby crandall7 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:49 am

Thanks everyone for the help. I have one more random question, does LSAC send Law School Reports electronically or through the snail mail to law schools? I'm not sure if anyone would know but I can't actually find them coming out and saying which method it is on the website.

Best of luck to everyone. Go UW!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: biglawhopeful18 and 2 guests