U Washington 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tony1003

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby tony1003 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:11 pm

Decision made around 6pm last night. Still no mailing. But this is interesting, I am a current UW undergrad and about two hours after it said decision, I received an email from student fiscal services saying that they have received my FAFSA and that I have marked graduate student. It continued to say if Im not going to be a graduate student next year I need to switch my preferences because my current profile from last year says undergraduate.

Coincidence? Who knows.

gens1tb

Postby gens1tb » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:31 pm

now to write the most beautiful loci ever seen

QOTSA

Postby QOTSA » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:46 pm

Also had a decision and mailing on 3/11. No mail today (I live in Seattle) ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH 48 more hours!!

Xnegd

Postby Xnegd » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:20 pm

TreeHugger20 wrote: Pretty sure I'm doomed. Your LSAT demolishes mine.

Not necessarily - for instance I was rejected from Seattle U, with a fee waiver they gave me. Yield Protection is weird, you never know.

akili

Postby akili » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:22 pm

Now to wait foreverrrr for us to actually hear!

This is pretty impressive for UW though. I know it's seemed slow, but last year they released a bunch of decisions right on their self-imposed deadline (April 1).

tea_drinker

Postby tea_drinker » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:29 pm

akili wrote:Now to wait foreverrrr for us to actually hear!

This is pretty impressive for UW though. I know it's seemed slow, but last year they released a bunch of decisions right on their self-imposed deadline (April 1).

This makes me worried though because the easiest way to get all decisions out before a deadline is to waitlist/reject most to all.

This waiting makes me too pessimistic :cry:

akili

Postby akili » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:32 pm

tea_drinker wrote:

This makes me worried though because the easiest way to get all decisions out before a deadline is to waitlist/reject most to all.

I don't know if it's the same this year (and the sample size on LSN is very small), but they didn't waitlist very many people last year if that helps!

crit_racer

Postby crit_racer » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:36 pm

tea_drinker wrote:

yeah, i don't think there is any reason to think they WL/rejected everyone on 3/11. i take comfort knowing we are in good company (look at the girl posting above and below you...). I'm sure yesterday was a mixed bag, but I guess we'll all find out soon enough.

falias

Postby falias » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:41 pm

tea_drinker wrote:

Just as easy to let some people in too. I think that this last batch will have some admits after the final committee deliberations, but it will also have a bigger group of denials or WLs (but those people should take some pride in the fact that they were not rejected earlier on). It will really depend on how many spots they have left to work with.
Last edited by falias on Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chicityteacher

Postby chicityteacher » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:43 pm

falias wrote:
tea_drinker wrote:

Just as easy to let some people in too. I think that this last batch will have some admits after the final committee deliberations, but it will also have a bigger group of denials or WLs (but those people should take some pride in the fact that they were not rejected earlier on). It will really depend on how many spots they have left to work with.

Also, I feel like this is the time of year when a lot of people have made their decision and are withdrawing from schools they aren't going to be attending.

Smeagol99

Postby Smeagol99 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:48 pm

chicityteacher wrote:
gens1tb wrote:
TreeHugger20 wrote:
gens1tb wrote:Waitlisted! :c

Aww I'm sorry dude. Better than a rejection though! When did you go to decision rendered and how long did your letter take to get to you?

I was in the 3/7 crowd and they post-marked it 3/9; I live on the East Coast, so I would think if you don't get it today and you're in that bunch... well, maybe the big envelopes take longer.

When I spoke to Mr. Le earlier this week he told me that the acceptance letters (packets?) take a while to send out because each letter has to be signed by the dean before it can be sent out.

So, if the status checker has "decision" and "letter sent" on the same day, is it likely a denial?

akili

Postby akili » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:55 pm

Smeagol99 wrote:

So, if the status checker has "decision" and "letter sent" on the same day, is it likely a denial?

I don't think so.

ffonsok

Postby ffonsok » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:58 pm

Good luck to all 3/11 Seattle area applicants! Get ready for the mail to show up soon! I'm hoping on getting a decision today or monday.

tea_drinker

Postby tea_drinker » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:06 pm

I love the supportive atmosphere in this thread. Imagine how awesome it would be if we all end up attending UW next fall? :D

gens1tb

Postby gens1tb » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:24 pm

How has UW historically treated their waitlist?

LSN last year shows very few WL compared to this year. I wonder if that means the waitlist is easier to get on, and therefore much harder to get off. Or, is the graph a result of waitlists moving to acceptances meaning a good amount of waitlisters get in ("good amount" used liberally)? Only one person left themselves as "WL, Accepted", but I suppose some people could have just changed their status straight to "Accepted."

RTFM

Postby RTFM » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:29 pm

I'm Decision 3/09 (mailings said decision sent 3/07) and I still haven't gotten anything yet. Who knows what it all means.

deja

Postby deja » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:29 pm

theavrock wrote:I had given up hope last night and lo and behold this morning I am decision.

IR 12/1
DR 3/11

So did anyone out there not get a decision?

I have a tough decision on my hands. I am going up to Portland for ASW next weekend and my flight out isn't until Monday afternoon. My original plan was to visit UW if I got in, but they took so dang long to get back to me that I had thought I would just stay in Portland.

Now I am wondering if I should call and see if they will release the decision over the phone so I can know whether or not to drive up to Seattle next weekend. I don't want to drive up there if all I am coming home to is a rejection notice.

I'm in exactly the same boat, so you'll have to let me know what you find out. Part of me wants to go visit the school (again) and the other part just wants to know what the letter says!!

samilabuena

Postby samilabuena » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:38 pm

Glad to see my 12/1's getting some love, finally!

Decision 3/11, no new mailings.

theavrock

Postby theavrock » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:47 pm

deja wrote:
theavrock wrote:I had given up hope last night and lo and behold this morning I am decision.

IR 12/1
DR 3/11

I have a tough decision on my hands. I am going up to Portland for ASW next weekend and my flight out isn't until Monday afternoon. My original plan was to visit UW if I got in, but they took so dang long to get back to me that I had thought I would just stay in Portland.

Now I am wondering if I should call and see if they will release the decision over the phone so I can know whether or not to drive up to Seattle next weekend. I don't want to drive up there if all I am coming home to is a rejection notice.

I'm in exactly the same boat, so you'll have to let me know what you find out. Part of me wants to go visit the school (again) and the other part just wants to know what the letter says!!

I'll keep everyone posted. I'm going to call on Monday and see what they say. I'm confident if I explain the situation they will oblige.

theavrock

Postby theavrock » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:48 pm

samilabuena wrote:Glad to see my 12/1's getting some love, finally!

Decision 3/11, no new mailings.

+1

Holla 12/1

tony1003

Postby tony1003 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:17 pm

After the huskies winning the pac 10 tourney tonight it makes me wonder if grad students can get student tickets! I would love to watch IT play one more year.

tea_drinker

Postby tea_drinker » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:55 am

theavrock wrote:
deja wrote:

IR 12/1
DR 3/11

I'll keep everyone posted. I'm going to call on Monday and see what they say. I'm confident if I explain the situation they will oblige.

Good luck fellow 12/1-er!

JayWilTheBoat

Postby JayWilTheBoat » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:46 am

tony1003 wrote:After the huskies winning the pac 10 tourney tonight it makes me wonder if grad students can get student tickets! I would love to watch IT play one more year.

I was going crazy watching that! There's a pretty huge rivalry between the Oregon Ducks and the Huskies and I was totally going for the UW last night against the Ducks… so I'll feel betrayed if they reject me because I turned my back on the hometown team to root for them . . . :roll:

cool of law

Postby cool of law » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:51 am

+1

Decision as of 3/11. Just waiting down here in LA...

trayball23

Postby trayball23 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:01 am

got u all beat... complete 11/29 ,,,,, decison 3/11 ... kill me now

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”