U Washington 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
TreeHugger20
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby TreeHugger20 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:56 pm

tea_drinker wrote:Is decision with nothing under mailing a rejection?


Not necessarily. It looks the same no matter what the decision is so there is no way to know until you get the letter. More waiting!

HZ10
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:26 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby HZ10 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:59 pm

IR 12/1, Decision 3/11...but nothing under mailings. Have they given answers over the phone to anyone recently?

User avatar
tea_drinker
Posts: 781
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:44 am

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby tea_drinker » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:00 am

TreeHugger20 wrote:
tea_drinker wrote:Is decision with nothing under mailing a rejection?


Not necessarily. It looks the same no matter what the decision is so there is no way to know until you get the letter. More waiting!


:evil:

Does anyone care to guess if they have already sent the letter out earlier today? Or will send letters out tomorrow?

Edit: need to know when to pick up some liquor.
Last edited by tea_drinker on Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

jwmalone87
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby jwmalone87 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:01 am

Mine recently updated with 'Decision Letter 3/11' under Mailings. I was DR earlier in the afternoon and it wasn't there.

Also curious about the phone question. I know that if I don't get mine by Thursday or so then I'm gonna call (have to plan my visit), but if anyone can coax it out of them sooner, please share.

schan06
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:23 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby schan06 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:11 am

Status Checker changed to Decision. My speculation is placing it as a wl or ding...

Seattle U. it is! However, despite my dismal comment Good luck to the rest of you!

User avatar
jppatt16
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:02 am

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby jppatt16 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:54 am

Good luck to all of you with your decisions (especially those who have been suffering since 12/1)!

For any other admits out there, has there been an indication on when scholarship info is supposed to go out? I only submitted my essay three days ago, so I'm not expecting anything instant but I'm curious all the same.

User avatar
geoduck
Posts: 890
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:29 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby geoduck » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:01 am

jppatt16 wrote:Good luck to all of you with your decisions (especially those who have been suffering since 12/1)!

For any other admits out there, has there been an indication on when scholarship info is supposed to go out? I only submitted my essay three days ago, so I'm not expecting anything instant but I'm curious all the same.


Talked to Mr. Le a couple days ago. Said they were just starting to look at the apps this week and that the first decisions would be out early next.

chicityteacher
Posts: 150
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby chicityteacher » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:41 am

Good luck everyone! Good to see the 12/1ers FINALLY getting movement.

jrmartin
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:58 am

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby jrmartin » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:15 am

akili wrote:
deja wrote:
akili wrote:Y u no love 12/1s UW?


Akili - I just got decision like 30 seconds ago. There is some love for us 12/1-ers!!


Yessss just got decision!!!!


IR 12/1

DR 3/11

nothing new under mailings

falias
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:56 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby falias » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:16 am

IR 1/21 --> Decision 3/11 (sometime between 7pm-10pm), no mailings. Pretty sure I'm going to have to stop myself from breaking into the law building tonight to find out what the decision was...

xxinfinity
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:44 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby xxinfinity » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:45 am

Hi,

I was just wondering, why did you all apply to UW and what is the reputation like?

I am especially interested in international law. The only other school I'm looking at is American, for now.

But I love Seattle, though it's not a center for int'l law.

Would love to hear your opinions and insight!

thanks in advance

User avatar
Xnegd
Posts: 322
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:06 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby Xnegd » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:13 am

IR 12/1

DR 3/11

Do you think there are good news decisions, or bad news?

User avatar
TreeHugger20
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby TreeHugger20 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:28 am

Try as I might, I can't think of a single practical reason why they can't email us our decisions. It kind of makes sense to not tell us when we call, since it's impossible to be sure that it's really us calling, but email accounts are fairly secure... more secure than an envelope in a mailbox even. Plus, it wastes paper to send snail mail and takes sooooo long...

User avatar
alexb
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:42 am

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby alexb » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:39 am

TreeHugger20 wrote:Try as I might, I can't think of a single practical reason why they can't email us our decisions. It kind of makes sense to not tell us when we call, since it's impossible to be sure that it's really us calling, but email accounts are fairly secure... more secure than an envelope in a mailbox even. Plus, it wastes paper to send snail mail and takes sooooo long...



Haha, I hear you. I can only guess, but perhaps it's simply for efficiency's sake They have to send it to via snail mail either way and can save a chunk of time if they cut the e-mail part? . . . but then why not just throw it on the status checker, hmmm.

User avatar
theavrock
Posts: 601
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:52 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby theavrock » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:10 am

I had given up hope last night and lo and behold this morning I am decision.

IR 12/1
DR 3/11

So did anyone out there not get a decision?

I have a tough decision on my hands. I am going up to Portland for ASW next weekend and my flight out isn't until Monday afternoon. My original plan was to visit UW if I got in, but they took so dang long to get back to me that I had thought I would just stay in Portland.

Now I am wondering if I should call and see if they will release the decision over the phone so I can know whether or not to drive up to Seattle next weekend. I don't want to drive up there if all I am coming home to is a rejection notice.

User avatar
TreeHugger20
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby TreeHugger20 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:53 am

alexb wrote:
TreeHugger20 wrote:Try as I might, I can't think of a single practical reason why they can't email us our decisions. It kind of makes sense to not tell us when we call, since it's impossible to be sure that it's really us calling, but email accounts are fairly secure... more secure than an envelope in a mailbox even. Plus, it wastes paper to send snail mail and takes sooooo long...



Haha, I hear you. I can only guess, but perhaps it's simply for efficiency's sake They have to send it to via snail mail either way and can save a chunk of time if they cut the e-mail part? . . . but then why not just throw it on the status checker, hmmm.


Well I'm sure they have excellent reasons since they are the smartest and bestest and prettiest school in the world!!! My decision has been made but I figure flattery can't hurt... Just in case someone important is reading this.

gens1tb
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:36 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby gens1tb » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:33 pm

Waitlisted! :c

User avatar
TreeHugger20
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby TreeHugger20 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:57 pm

gens1tb wrote:Waitlisted! :c


Aww I'm sorry dude. Better than a rejection though! When did you go to decision rendered and how long did your letter take to get to you?

gens1tb
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:36 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby gens1tb » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:58 pm

TreeHugger20 wrote:
gens1tb wrote:Waitlisted! :c


Aww I'm sorry dude. Better than a rejection though! When did you go to decision rendered and how long did your letter take to get to you?


I was in the 3/7 crowd and they post-marked it 3/9; I live on the East Coast, so I would think if you don't get it today and you're in that bunch... well, maybe the big envelopes take longer.

User avatar
sabenser
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:37 am

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby sabenser » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:00 pm

gens1tb wrote:
TreeHugger20 wrote:
gens1tb wrote:Waitlisted! :c


Aww I'm sorry dude. Better than a rejection though! When did you go to decision rendered and how long did your letter take to get to you?


I was in the 3/7 crowd and they post-marked it 3/9; I live on the East Coast, so I would think if you don't get it today and you're in that bunch... well, maybe the big envelopes take longer.


Yeah, it looks like the 7 March decisions have been waitlist or rejection. Hopefully I'll find out today that I'm wrong, ha.

Just checked the mail. Waitlist it is :(
Last edited by sabenser on Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawyerorbust
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:21 am

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby lawyerorbust » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:05 pm

falias wrote:IR 1/21 --> Decision 3/11 (sometime between 7pm-10pm), no mailings. Pretty sure I'm going to have to stop myself from breaking into the law building tonight to find out what the decision was...



Agrreed. Might even be able to find someone with a key to admissions. I want to know! I live ON campus at UW...will I hear today, monday or even longer because campus mail sucks?

chicityteacher
Posts: 150
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby chicityteacher » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:06 pm

gens1tb wrote:
TreeHugger20 wrote:
gens1tb wrote:Waitlisted! :c


Aww I'm sorry dude. Better than a rejection though! When did you go to decision rendered and how long did your letter take to get to you?


I was in the 3/7 crowd and they post-marked it 3/9; I live on the East Coast, so I would think if you don't get it today and you're in that bunch... well, maybe the big envelopes take longer.


When I spoke to Mr. Le earlier this week he told me that the acceptance letters (packets?) take a while to send out because each letter has to be signed by the dean before it can be sent out.

User avatar
TreeHugger20
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby TreeHugger20 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:09 pm

sabenser wrote:
gens1tb wrote:
TreeHugger20 wrote:
gens1tb wrote:Waitlisted! :c


Aww I'm sorry dude. Better than a rejection though! When did you go to decision rendered and how long did your letter take to get to you?


I was in the 3/7 crowd and they post-marked it 3/9; I live on the East Coast, so I would think if you don't get it today and you're in that bunch... well, maybe the big envelopes take longer.


Yeah, it looks like the 7 March decisions have been waitlist or rejection. Hopefully I'll find out today that I'm wrong, ha.

Just checked the mail. Waitlist it is :(


Pretty sure I'm doomed. Your LSAT demolishes mine.

JayWilTheBoat
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:02 am

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby JayWilTheBoat » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:20 pm

theavrock wrote:I had given up hope last night and lo and behold this morning I am decision.

IR 12/1
DR 3/11

So did anyone out there not get a decision?

I have a tough decision on my hands. I am going up to Portland for ASW next weekend and my flight out isn't until Monday afternoon. My original plan was to visit UW if I got in, but they took so dang long to get back to me that I had thought I would just stay in Portland.

Now I am wondering if I should call and see if they will release the decision over the phone so I can know whether or not to drive up to Seattle next weekend. I don't want to drive up there if all I am coming home to is a rejection notice.


I bet that given the circumstances they would release the decision to you. It's certainly worth explaining and giving a shot. Worst that could happen is they say they can't give it. Best of luck

Mr_Brightside
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:14 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby Mr_Brightside » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:26 pm

IR 12/1, DR 3/11. I checked it last night up until 9:30pm EST, and nothing, so either the change was made today or late last night




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests