U Washington 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
krad

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby krad » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:12 pm

snapdragon wrote:Does the committee live in a secluded bunker until the end of August?

Doesn't it sound like it? I just emailed back and asked if I could tour, sit in on a class, and/or schedule a meeting with someone in admissions <- haaaa

JakeL

Postby JakeL » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:15 pm

krad wrote:Sorry for the double post:

I was told that the committee does not hear of anyone that visits, but you can send an updated LOCI about your visit/experiences and it will be added to your file... :| HTH someone besides me!

Oh WTF??!!?? This seriously pisses me off. I talked to Mr. Le(sp?) on the phone the other week and he said there's nothing you can add to your file after being WL'd.....

krad

Postby krad » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:22 pm

JakeL wrote: Oh WTF??!!?? This seriously pisses me off. I talked to Mr. Le(sp?) on the phone the other week and he said there's nothing you can add to your file after being WL'd.....

Yeah I remembered reading someone's post about not adding anything to your file after the WL. WTF! I just had my request to stay on the WL/LOCI added today, FWIW. I also added info about an upcoming potential promotion in my LOCI.

Maybe he meant that nothing you send will really make a difference? :? :? :?

Kinderby

Postby Kinderby » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:26 pm

Well now I'm definitely writing an LOCI. It can't hurt. If it doesn't help, it might be a waste of my time, but it can't hurt. And as I've said before, they have programs for ALL of my interests! :D

krad

Postby krad » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:27 pm

Kinderby wrote:Well now I'm definitely writing an LOCI. It can't hurt. If it doesn't help, it might be a waste of my time, but it can't hurt. And as I've said before, they have programs for ALL of my interests! :D

That was my thinking exactly. I figured the worst they could do is say, "Oh sorry, we can't add that to your file" :roll:

eta: I was just thinking about how if I were a crazy gunner, I wouldn't share any of the above information about LOCI's/visiting/etc. <333 UW peeps :)

deja

Postby deja » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:34 pm

krad wrote:
Kinderby wrote:Well now I'm definitely writing an LOCI. It can't hurt. If it doesn't help, it might be a waste of my time, but it can't hurt. And as I've said before, they have programs for ALL of my interests! :D

That was my thinking exactly. I figured the worst they could do is say, "Oh sorry, we can't add that to your file" :roll:

eta: I was just thinking about how if I were a crazy gunner, I wouldn't share any of the above information about LOCI's/visiting/etc. <333 UW peeps :)

<3 the <3. Did you just email it to the generic admissions email?

krad

Postby krad » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:36 pm

deja wrote:<3 the <3. Did you just email it to the generic admissions email?

I think so? It was to request to stay on the WL, whichever email was in the WL letter :)

JakeL

Postby JakeL » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:46 pm

Well now I'm pissed because I just did exactly what Le told me to do, which was send an email stating I wish to remain on the WL-something I wrote in about a min and will look like the most worthless LOCI in history when compared to an actual LOCI.

Flett

Postby Flett » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:55 pm

JakeL wrote:Well now I'm pissed because I just did exactly what Le told me to do, which was send an email stating I wish to remain on the WL-something I wrote in about a min and will look like the most worthless LOCI in history when compared to an actual LOCI.

What's stopping you from doing an actual LOCI now, in addition to the email stating that you wish to remain on the WL? Just explain that you wanted the opportunity to explain your reasons in greater detail than previously? I don't see how it could hurt. No one is even 100% positive that the LOCI will count for anything, but but it might be worth the effort.

Kinderby

Postby Kinderby » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:57 pm

JakeL wrote:Well now I'm pissed because I just did exactly what Le told me to do, which was send an email stating I wish to remain on the WL-something I wrote in about a min and will look like the most worthless LOCI in history when compared to an actual LOCI.

Well at least we're in the same boat with our emails. Mine is as !!11!UW fangirly as you can get, that still sounds rational, in like two sentences. In other words, not very. Damn, all my LOCI information is at home!

Flett wrote:What's stopping you from doing an actual LOCI now, in addition to the email stating that you wish to remain on the WL? Just explain that you wanted the opportunity to explain your reasons in greater detail than previously? I don't see how it could hurt. No one is even 100% positive that the LOCI will count for anything, but but it might be worth the effort.
Or what he said! :)

krad

Postby krad » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:00 pm

Flett wrote: What's stopping you from doing an actual LOCI now, in addition to the email stating that you wish to remain on the WL? Just explain that you wanted the opportunity to explain your reasons in greater detail than previously? I don't see how it could hurt. No one is even 100% positive that the LOCI will count for anything, but but it might be worth the effort.

+1!

geoduck

Postby geoduck » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:21 pm

TreeHugger20 wrote:
deja wrote:
TreeHugger20 wrote:My husband was accepted to the graduate program with a generous assistantship, so now we're going to Seattle no matter what I hear from UW. So stressed out!!! Take pity on me, UW...

Good luck - we'll keep fingers crossed for you too! Would you do Seattle U?

Probably not. I hate not to go anywhere, but I was hoping they would offer me more money than they did. I'm not too thrilled about the idea of going there and paying their ridiculous tuition and still not being able to get a job. Not to mention, we don't plan to stay in the state of Washington after we graduate so I need to go somewhere that is less regional than SU. I'm thinking I could reapply to UW next year after I have residency and hope for the best.

Thanks for the support, everybody!

SU is great were you planning on staying here... But with that out of the picture it sounds like UW or bust. Hopefully you get in! If not, maybe retake while you're waiting for residency? How long is your husband's grad program?

geoduck

Postby geoduck » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:23 pm

And lol. Sounds like UW's going to be getting a wave of LOCIs in the mail!

krad

Postby krad » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:07 pm

geoduck wrote:And lol. Sounds like UW's going to be getting a wave of LOCIs in the mail!

Haha this is probably why the lady hasn't been able to answer my second question after a few prompt emails in a row... oh well!

lokist86

Postby lokist86 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:34 pm

I'm grateful that UW has looked kindly upon my application and gave me an acceptance. However, I am absolutely shocked by the amount of talent that UW is waitlisting/rejecting. They are definitely denying me an amazing 1L class.

Kinderby

Postby Kinderby » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:35 pm

lokist86 wrote:I'm grateful that UW has looked kindly upon my application and gave me an acceptance. However, I am absolutely shocked by the amount of talent that UW is waitlisting/rejecting. They are definitely denying me an amazing 1L class.

Have I told you lately that I love you? :lol:

Papa Smurf

Postby Papa Smurf » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:50 pm

So on Friday, I called the admissions office regarding my application (IR since 1/24) and had a pretty interesting conversation with Matthew Le, Director of Admissions:

Essentially, he told me that my application is still in review despite my below median LSAT and GPA; apparently, enough people on the committee are "fighting for me" to the point where my application has gone to 4 different subcommittees as of Friday (still no decision as of today). He also told me that given all the dings and waitlists thus far, I should feel "somewhat optimistic" about my chances, and that I should call him directly if I haven't heard from them by the end of this week. They must like my personal statement :lol:

Just an interesting insight into their admissions process, good luck you guys!

krad

Postby krad » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:51 pm

^ wow, nice work! Good luck :)

Kinderby wrote:
lokist86 wrote:I'm grateful that UW has looked kindly upon my application and gave me an acceptance. However, I am absolutely shocked by the amount of talent that UW is waitlisting/rejecting. They are definitely denying me an amazing 1L class.

Have I told you lately that I love you? :lol:

This!

upfish

Postby upfish » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:55 pm

Papa Smurf wrote:So on Friday, I called the admissions office regarding my application (IR since 1/24) and had a pretty interesting conversation with Matthew Le, Director of Admissions:

Essentially, he told me that my application is still in review despite my below median LSAT and GPA; apparently, enough people on the committee are "fighting for me" to the point where my application has gone to 4 different subcommittees as of Friday (still no decision as of today). He also told me that given all the dings and waitlists thus far, I should feel "somewhat optimistic" about my chances, and that I should call him directly if I haven't heard from them by the end of this week. They must like my personal statement :lol:

As an IR 1/21 who had the CU dean of students tell me this week that she tried this for me last year, I wonder if this is also true for me. :shock:

Good luck, everybody! =D

gens1tb

Postby gens1tb » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:07 pm

Papa Smurf wrote:So on Friday, I called the admissions office regarding my application (IR since 1/24) and had a pretty interesting conversation with Matthew Le, Director of Admissions:

Wait what?

I've been In Review since 1/24 as well; I didn't realize that was interesting enough to warrant a call...

I'm really tempted to call them, but my numbers are right around median... I honestly don't even know how I'd start that conversation.

Flett

Postby Flett » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:07 pm

Upfish... every time I see your avatar I have to sit here and watch the dinosaurs...

jwmalone87

Postby jwmalone87 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:10 pm

gens1tb wrote:Wait what?

I've been In Review since 1/24 as well; I didn't realize that was interesting enough to warrant a call...

I'm really tempted to call them, but my numbers are right around median... I honestly don't even know how I'd start that conversation.

Haha my thoughts too. That's obviously an awesome story, but I'm 1/21 and would be afraid of just annoying them more than anything.

krad

Postby krad » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Flett wrote:Upfish... every time I see your avatar I have to sit here and watch the dinosaurs...

lolmetoo

Kinderby

Postby Kinderby » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:11 pm

Flett wrote:Upfish... every time I see your avatar I have to sit here and watch the dinosaurs...

LeDique

Postby LeDique » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:13 pm

FWIW, I was originally IR 1/21 then IR 2/9 and now decision letter mailed 3/1.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”