U Washington 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
PinkCow

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby PinkCow » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:33 pm

dreakol wrote:Decision 3/1

fwiw, I have two decision letter updates under mailings, both on 3/1

+1. You gonna show me some good lovin UW?

akili

Postby akili » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:34 pm

Why does UW hate me??

dreakol

Postby dreakol » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:36 pm

PinkCow wrote:

do you have decision letter sent updates, as well? I am a little nervous since it seems like people with that have been WL'd.

rs2004

Postby rs2004 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:36 pm

ScrabbleChamp wrote:Update: For all those that have letter sent 02/28, I called the office and they said the letters were actually sent yesterday. The lady assured me they were sent, and when I mentioned the 02/15 group, she stated that was a big mishap, but that with 100% certainty, 02/28 letters were actually sent.

On a side note, has anyone that has been denied been told by the admissions office they would be emailed a decision if the letter didn't arrive? My original reason for calling the office was that I have a 03/09 deadline for another school, and I'd rather attend UW, so I called to find out if they could give me a decision before 03/09 if the mail never gets here. The lady assured me the letters were sent out yesterday, but if I don't have it by Friday, I can call back and they will email me the decision. I'm probably reading too much into this, but I'm just trying to find some glimmer of hope that I'll get in.

I'm 159/3.7, combat veteran w/ multiple decorations, 8 years post undergrad. Anyone else in the 02/28 Decision/Decision Letter Sent crew like to share numbers?

my status checker now has a status of decision and current status date 2/28/11 and nothing under mailings except for when my app was received. I got my ding letter dated 2/22 on 2/26. i don't know what this means for other 2/28ers but there it is.

PinkCow

Postby PinkCow » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:44 pm

dreakol wrote:
PinkCow wrote:

do you have decision letter sent updates, as well? I am a little nervous since it seems like people with that have been WL'd.

Same exact as you. Who knows.

Kinderby

Postby Kinderby » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:06 pm

akili wrote:Why does UW hate me??

Have you called or emailed them?

akili

Postby akili » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:09 pm

Kinderby wrote:

I haven't. I'm thinking I will by the end of the week if I haven't heard anything though. It's officially been 3 months in review and I don't know why!

eckstm

Postby eckstm » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:13 pm

akili wrote:
Kinderby wrote:

I haven't. I'm thinking I will by the end of the week if I haven't heard anything though. It's officially been 3 months in review and I don't know why!

+1 ... in Review 12/1, applied early October.

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:19 pm

rs2004 wrote:my status checker now has a status of decision and current status date 2/28/11 and nothing under mailings except for when my app was received. I got my ding letter dated 2/22 on 2/26. i don't know what this means for other 2/28ers but there it is.

Who knows what is going on anymore. People being accepted/rejected with no updates/mailings on the status checker, the entire 02/15 batch fiasco, Decision Letter Sent a week before Current Status: Decision... I think someone at UW is orchestrating the most epic rouse, ever. Either that, or, as previously mentioned, manatees.

eckstm

Postby eckstm » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:24 pm

I couldn't take it any longer so I made the call. For all of us with the In Review 12/1 date here's what they just said:

Even if you applied in early oct or nov and have the 12/1 In Review date, your application wasn't sent to a committee for review until mid January. The committee reviewing your app might still be deciding or they may have forwarded it to a different committee. A decision has NOT yet been reached, so atleast we haven't been rejected or waitlisted yet (although to be honest I would be thrilled with a waitlist at this point!)
Expect to hear something by April 1st.

akili

Postby akili » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:26 pm

eckstm wrote:I couldn't take it any longer so I made the call. For all of us with the In Review 12/1 date here's what they just said:

Even if you applied in early oct or nov and have the 12/1 In Review date, your application wasn't sent to a committee for review until mid January. The committee reviewing your app might still be deciding or they may have forwarded it to a different committee. A decision has NOT yet been reached, so atleast we haven't been rejected or waitlisted yet (although to be honest I would be thrilled with a waitlist at this point!)

They should just remove the status checker. I am DISGRUNTLED, UDub. DISGRUNTLED.

fencod

Postby fencod » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:28 pm

still in review 1/24

On the bright side, I taught myself how to make poached eggs this morning. I should probably send an addendum.

rs2004

Postby rs2004 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:30 pm

fencod wrote:still in review 1/24

On the bright side, I taught myself how to make poached eggs this morning. I should probably send an addendum.

should go great with the bacon salt.

jrmartin

Postby jrmartin » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:31 pm

My understanding is that over the last few years most decisions had been made by mid-March with a few hundred to go requiring further review. This is the first year with the new director of admissions and it appears things are not running quite like they were. Who knows if that is good or bad.

Personally, I'm hoping they're taking a more holistic approach as my numbers are below median and UW is a reach for me. Glad I haven't been dinged yet. Three month IR anniversary. Yeah.

akili

Postby akili » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:31 pm

fencod wrote:still in review 1/24

Hahahaha. Thank you for that.

deja

Postby deja » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:33 pm

akili wrote:
eckstm wrote:I couldn't take it any longer so I made the call. For all of us with the In Review 12/1 date here's what they just said:

They should just remove the status checker. I am DISGRUNTLED, UDub. DISGRUNTLED.

eckstm, thanks for making the call. I second the disgruntledness... It doesn't change anything. I still love UW to a fault. But that doesn't mean I'm not disgruntled about it. :evil:

akili

Postby akili » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:35 pm

deja wrote:
akili wrote:

eckstm, thanks for making the call. I second the disgruntledness... It doesn't change anything. I still love UW to a fault. But that doesn't mean I'm not disgruntled about it. :evil:

I thought that was the best word to describe how I feel. UW could totally make it up to all of us by offering legit scholarships this year...That would work for me at least!

geoduck

Postby geoduck » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:37 pm

akili wrote:
deja wrote:
akili wrote:

I thought that was the best word to describe how I feel. UW could totally make it up to all of us by offering legit scholarships this year...That would work for me at least!

This. If UW gave me ANY scholarship (well okay, not any, but anything over 5k/year), I'd be sold. Right now I'm probably going, but that'd make it solid.

deja

Postby deja » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:37 pm

akili wrote:

The infliction of emotional distress scholarship. I like it.

kineticx

Postby kineticx » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:48 pm

ugh, I missed a 425-area code phone number yesterday... NOW I WILL NEVER KNOW.

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:50 pm

kineticx wrote:ugh, I missed a 425-area code phone number yesterday... NOW I WILL NEVER KNOW.

No message left? If you were in the 02/15 group, I'd call UW and find out what is going on.

ocbrody

Postby ocbrody » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:57 pm

kineticx wrote:ugh, I missed a 425-area code phone number yesterday... NOW I WILL NEVER KNOW.

UW is 206.

JakeL

Postby JakeL » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:58 pm

ocbrody wrote:

UW is 206.

Could still be a UW student, OR UW-BOTHELL lol

geoduck

Postby geoduck » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:01 pm

JakeL wrote:
ocbrody wrote:

UW is 206.

Could still be a UW student, OR UW-BOTHELL lol

LOL! The UW Bothell School of Law. Priceless.

yoyowhatupyo

Postby yoyowhatupyo » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:18 pm

Decision rendered 3/1.
No email from them, am I dinged/WL? Have people gotten in via email, or will I really have to wait for the letter?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”