U Washington 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
PinkCow

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby PinkCow » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:51 am

mdfreeman wrote:Very confused what's going on with my UW app. Submitted in Dec. Sufficiently above both their medians. Haven't heard back. Any thoughts?

Welcome to the Thunderdome. Prepare for the ride of your life.

Kinderby

Postby Kinderby » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:38 am

PinkCow wrote:
mdfreeman wrote:Very confused what's going on with my UW app. Submitted in Dec. Sufficiently above both their medians. Haven't heard back. Any thoughts?

+1

I wonder when they start to look at the WL.

krad

Postby krad » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:02 am

Kinderby wrote:
PinkCow wrote:

+1

I wonder when they start to look at the WL.

Ditto. I think my letter said something about getting decisions out in early-May or so once they can get an idea of who's actually going to attend... Blerghhhhh!

Kinderby

Postby Kinderby » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:08 am

krad, do you have the 2nd Decision Letter under your mailings?

I want it to be May now!

krad

Postby krad » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:10 am

Kinderby wrote:krad, do you have the 2nd Decision Letter under your mailings?

I want it to be May now!

No, just one letter... it was my first decision, so that's probably why. No news on your letter that's listed? :|

I want it to be May now too!

Kinderby

Postby Kinderby » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:59 am

Nope, no news. I really do think it's just the email. But if I can get confirmation from two other WLs (already heard from one here) about the whole 2DL, then I can TOTALLY relax and not rush to my mailbox every day.

krad

Postby krad » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:11 pm

Kinderby wrote:Nope, no news. I really do think it's just the email. But if I can get confirmation from two other WLs (already heard from one here) about the whole 2DL, then I can TOTALLY relax and not rush to my mailbox every day.

:| well I hope you hear soon!

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:47 pm

Kinderby wrote:Nope, no news. I really do think it's just the email. But if I can get confirmation from two other WLs (already heard from one here) about the whole 2DL, then I can TOTALLY relax and not rush to my mailbox every day.

I haven't read where you tried this, so please disregard if you have... Why don't you just call them? They may tell you it is just standard procedure and the second mailing refers to the email, or they may tell you a decision has been made and inform you of your fate. Either way, it can't hurt to call them to find out.

mdfreeman

Postby mdfreeman » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:15 pm

PinkCow wrote:

Ummm what? I'm confused :|

At this point it's not extremely important what UW says because I've gotten into schools I'm more likely to attend. I was just curious why its taken them so long....

akili

Postby akili » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:19 pm

mdfreeman wrote:
PinkCow wrote:

At this point it's not extremely important what UW says because I've gotten into schools I'm more likely to attend. I was just curious why its taken them so long....

For example, I submitted in October, in review on 12/1, no decision yet. I have a 169/3.7 and went to UG in WA... You'll probably be waiting awhile. But who knows?

geoduck

Postby geoduck » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:58 pm

mdfreeman wrote:
PinkCow wrote:

It seems that their policy is to wait until all the applications are in before doing extensive review. The only people who got decisions before then were total auto-admits. And I'm not sure what constitutes a total auto-admit either.

law.school.2014

Postby law.school.2014 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:59 pm

I just got an acceptance email last night. It said the mail was delayed so I would get a packet in the next couple of days.

geoduck

Postby geoduck » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:02 pm

Dirk Lang wrote:One of the 2/15 batch here (congrats to others). Do any of you know how the $$ works here? It seems as though there is not much. Do you have to do the scholarship essays or will you be considered as you would at any other school. I'm happy to write the essay for a scholarship, less happy about filling out FAFSA, to potentially get $$ but I feel as though my essay will have nothing to contribute over my application.

How well could I leverage the money I got at, say, William and Mary? I'd love to go to UW (although this letter fiasco and phone policy is concerning) but it would be hard to turn down other money at similar schools for UW at sticker.

I'm curious about this too. Anyone know? It sounds like you have to write that essay to qualify for scholarship... is this true?

HZ10

Postby HZ10 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:32 pm

Is anyone else still In Review 12/1?

akili

Postby akili » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:33 pm

HZ10 wrote:Is anyone else still In Review 12/1?

Yup.

deja

Postby deja » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:46 pm

akili wrote:

Yup.

+1

law.school.2014 wrote:I just got an acceptance email last night. It said the mail was delayed so I would get a packet in the next couple of days.

Congrats!!

jrmartin

Postby jrmartin » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:46 pm

akili wrote:

Yup.

+1

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:06 pm

Update: For all those that have letter sent 02/28, I called the office and they said the letters were actually sent yesterday. The lady assured me they were sent, and when I mentioned the 02/15 group, she stated that was a big mishap, but that with 100% certainty, 02/28 letters were actually sent.

On a side note, has anyone that has been denied been told by the admissions office they would be emailed a decision if the letter didn't arrive? My original reason for calling the office was that I have a 03/09 deadline for another school, and I'd rather attend UW, so I called to find out if they could give me a decision before 03/09 if the mail never gets here. The lady assured me the letters were sent out yesterday, but if I don't have it by Friday, I can call back and they will email me the decision. I'm probably reading too much into this, but I'm just trying to find some glimmer of hope that I'll get in.

I'm 159/3.7, combat veteran w/ multiple decorations, 8 years post undergrad. Anyone else in the 02/28 Decision/Decision Letter Sent crew like to share numbers?

geoduck

Postby geoduck » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:16 pm

ScrabbleChamp wrote:Update: For all those that have letter sent 02/28, I called the office and they said the letters were actually sent yesterday. The lady assured me they were sent, and when I mentioned the 02/15 group, she stated that was a big mishap, but that with 100% certainty, 02/28 letters were actually sent.

On a side note, has anyone that has been denied been told by the admissions office they would be emailed a decision if the letter didn't arrive? My original reason for calling the office was that I have a 03/09 deadline for another school, and I'd rather attend UW, so I called to find out if they could give me a decision before 03/09 if the mail never gets here. The lady assured me the letters were sent out yesterday, but if I don't have it by Friday, I can call back and they will email me the decision. I'm probably reading too much into this, but I'm just trying to find some glimmer of hope that I'll get in.

I'm 159/3.7, combat veteran w/ multiple decorations, 8 years post undergrad. Anyone else in the 02/28 Decision/Decision Letter Sent crew like to share numbers?

How far from Seattle are you? Friday seems a little fast for a second call to me unless you're right here in town... but I bet if you don't get it on Saturday they'd email you the decision on Monday. The 7th is a bit tight for a 3/9 decision though...

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:22 pm

geoduck wrote:
ScrabbleChamp wrote:Update: For all those that have letter sent 02/28, I called the office and they said the letters were actually sent yesterday. The lady assured me they were sent, and when I mentioned the 02/15 group, she stated that was a big mishap, but that with 100% certainty, 02/28 letters were actually sent.

How far from Seattle are you? Friday seems a little fast for a second call to me unless you're right here in town... but I bet if you don't get it on Saturday they'd email you the decision on Monday. The 7th is a bit tight for a 3/9 decision though...

Well, I'm about as far from WA as you can get in the continental US. However, the USPS does say it should take no more than 3 days for a first class letter in the continental US to be delivered, so we'll see.

I don't care if I get a decision from UW on the 9th, as long as I have it on or before the 9th. If I don't get into UW, I'm going to attend the other school, which will require a $500 deposit no later than the 03/09, but the payment can be made online, so I can make it pretty much anytime on the 9th.

geoduck

Postby geoduck » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:26 pm

ScrabbleChamp wrote:
geoduck wrote:

Well, I'm about as far from WA as you can get in the continental US. However, the USPS does say it should take no more than 3 days for a first class letter in the continental US to be delivered, so we'll see.

I don't care if I get a decision from UW on the 9th, as long as I have it on or before the 9th. If I don't get into UW, I'm going to attend the other school, which will require a $500 deposit no later than the 03/09, but the payment can be made online, so I can make it pretty much anytime on the 9th.

I'd call on Monday then if you don't get the package by Saturday. It probably doesn't make a huge difference though.

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:31 pm

geoduck wrote:I'd call on Monday then if you don't get the package by Saturday. It probably doesn't make a huge difference though.

All just wishful thinking on my part, I think. I'm hoping I'm in, but only time will tell. Who knows with everything I've seen so far. I'm just glad the wait is over, almost.

Kinderby

Postby Kinderby » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Yeah, maybe the acceptance packets take longer, but I got my WL letter two post office days after it was dated. (Dated Friday 2/11, got on Monday 2/14.)

I must say, I want to know more about this batch mishap.

JakeL

Postby JakeL » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:05 pm

ScrabbleChamp wrote:
geoduck wrote:I'd call on Monday then if you don't get the package by Saturday. It probably doesn't make a huge difference though.

All just wishful thinking on my part, I think. I'm hoping I'm in, but only time will tell. Who knows with everything I've seen so far. I'm just glad the wait is over, almost.

Maybe you're in since they said they'd be willing to email it to you? :)

dreakol

Postby dreakol » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:13 pm

Decision 3/1

fwiw, I have two decision letter updates under mailings, both on 3/1

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”