U Washington 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
blackbird

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby blackbird » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:44 pm

amers73 wrote:
geoduck wrote:Has anybody gotten their 2/15 letter yet? So far there seems to be a trend with 2/16 letters being waitlists. I'm starting to think that maybe the acceptances need to go through extra processing, which would explain why the 2/16 letters went out before the 2/15 letters.

Still waiting on my 2/15 letter. Hoping in might get here today. They were mailed out though right? maybe?

I'm still waiting on mine, as well. I woke up with a good feeling that today was going to be the day that I'd open my mailbox to a big, beautiful white envelope. In reality, I got nothin'. Oh well, at least the dream is still alive.

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:47 pm

chicityteacher wrote:
snapdragon wrote:If a good chunk of this thread ends up at UW, we should have some sort of event with snacks where we can recount our admissions war stories.

If this happens, our avatars/screen names should be nametags.

This.
Last edited by ScrabbleChamp on Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deja

Postby deja » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:48 pm

So I just checked out the graph on LSN (only my first time today... impressive, right??). The more I see the decisions coming in, the more I just think Adjudicator got hosed -- especially when people with lower lsat and gpa at least got a WL nod. I think I'll observe a moment of silence in your honor.

snapdragon

Postby snapdragon » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:51 pm

deja wrote:So I just checked out the graph on LSN (only my first time today... impressive, right??). The more I see the decisions coming in, the more I just think Adjudicator got hosed -- especially when people with lower lsat and gpa at least got a WL nod. I think I'll observe a moment of silence in your honor.

New thought. Anyone who gets into UW and attends from this thread must earmark all alumni donations to UW to go towards a bronze statue of Adjudicator to hold court in the library.

Kinderby

Postby Kinderby » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:57 pm

snapdragon wrote:
deja wrote:So I just checked out the graph on LSN (only my first time today... impressive, right??). The more I see the decisions coming in, the more I just think Adjudicator got hosed -- especially when people with lower lsat and gpa at least got a WL nod. I think I'll observe a moment of silence in your honor.

New thought. Anyone who gets into UW and attends from this thread must earmark all alumni donations to UW to go towards a bronze statue of Adjudicator to hold court in the library.

With a "Never Forget" plaque.

krad

Postby krad » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:58 pm

Vytasgd wrote:
geoduck wrote:Has anybody gotten their 2/15 letter yet? So far there seems to be a trend with 2/16 letters being waitlists. I'm starting to think that maybe the acceptances need to go through extra processing, which would explain why the 2/16 letters went out before the 2/15 letters.

hope that's the case for you guys... keeping my fingers crossed for y'all!

Ughhh I'm a 2/16'er I hope that's not the case for me :|

Does UW seem to send out the same decisions in batches/on the same day? I know that no one really understands it but.... just wondering.

geoduck

Postby geoduck » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:59 pm

Seriously. WTF did they hate so much about Adjudicator to directly reject? Its either YP or there's something in the softs/recs/statements to which they took objection. Maybe there's one adcomm that hates splitters and another that's fine with them and the dean doesn't care either way?

geoduck

Postby geoduck » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:00 pm

krad wrote:
Vytasgd wrote:

hope that's the case for you guys... keeping my fingers crossed for y'all!

Ughhh I'm a 2/16'er I hope that's not the case for me :|

Does UW seem to send out the same decisions in batches/on the same day? I know that no one really understands it but.... just wondering.

I hope I'm wrong too... I'd rather they do it mixed. But this is a good chance for us to take some data and see if there is a batch pattern. Hopefully, there isn't.

krad

Postby krad » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:01 pm

geoduck wrote: I hope I'm wrong too... I'd rather they do it mixed. But this is a good chance for us to take some data and see if there is a batch pattern. Hopefully, there isn't.

Looking on LSN people with the same decision date don't seem to be grouped into a batch... but I think some people use decision date on LSN as the day it was DR and others use it as the day that they received it. <sighhhhh>

geoduck

Postby geoduck » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:05 pm

krad wrote:
geoduck wrote: I hope I'm wrong too... I'd rather they do it mixed. But this is a good chance for us to take some data and see if there is a batch pattern. Hopefully, there isn't.

Looking on LSN people with the same decision date don't seem to be grouped into a batch... but I think some people use decision date on LSN as the day it was DR and others use it as the day that they received it. <sighhhhh>

Yeah, I've noticed that too. People are really inconsistent on the way they date things. It's hard to get any more than a very general sense of time with LSN.

deja

Postby deja » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:07 pm

Kinderby wrote:
snapdragon wrote:

With a "Never Forget" plaque.

+1

krad

Postby krad » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:08 pm

Ugh, man, I'm all stressed out. The more research that I've done on UW over the past few weeks the more I've fallen for it! My chances look like 50/50 at best based on LSN/LSP/all that jazz. :|

Kinderby

Postby Kinderby » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:08 pm

LSN won't let me add my Decision date! I'm new to LSN, but when I click the Decision box, and try to put in 2/9, it changes one of my other dates to 2/9 instead.

I'm so proud of the binder and table I drew up to keep track of all my applications and corresponding dates, and now I'm not going to need it anymore.

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:10 pm

Kinderby wrote:LSN won't let me add my Decision date! I'm new to LSN, but when I click the Decision box, and try to put in 2/9, it changes one of my other dates to 2/9 instead.

I'm so proud of the binder and table I drew up to keep track of all my applications and corresponding dates, and now I'm not going to need it anymore.

Sometimes you just have to give it time. I've frequently had to enter in one date, save, leave for a few minutes, come back, and then update the rest. LSN is a bit buggy like that.

krad

Postby krad » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:11 pm

Definitely buggy. I also found my confirmation email like two months later in my Spam folder.

Kinderby wrote:LSN won't let me add my Decision date! I'm new to LSN, but when I click the Decision box, and try to put in 2/9, it changes one of my other dates to 2/9 instead.

:mrgreen: I totally started doing that, and then I found LSN and was like, thank goodness.

geoduck

Postby geoduck » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:12 pm

I've had that problem all over the place. I've learned to stop using the pop-up calendar. If you just type the actual date in using their format, it should work correctly.

fencod

Postby fencod » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:25 pm

So guess what! Nothing has happened still! No news is good news I suppose, but the wait is killing me.

On the bright side, a customer dropped off a box of bacon flavored things today, including bacon flavored envelopes, bacon salt, baconaisse, bacon lip balm, bacon popcorn and bacon sunflower seeds. So at least theres that. Mmmmmm bacon.

krad

Postby krad » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:26 pm

fencod wrote:So guess what! Nothing has happened still! No news is good news I suppose, but the wait is killing me.

On the bright side, a customer dropped off a box of bacon flavored things today, including bacon flavored envelopes, bacon salt, baconaisse, bacon lip balm, bacon popcorn and bacon sunflower seeds. So at least theres that. Mmmmmm bacon.

OMG I <3333 bacon. That sounds amazing other than the bacon lip balm. Bacon popcorn? Fantastic!

Kinderby

Postby Kinderby » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:28 pm

fencod wrote:bacon flavored envelopes

:shock:

I may or may not be drooling having read the rest of that list. Bacon popcorn? Holy crap.

fencod

Postby fencod » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:32 pm

Bacon lip balm is amazing! It's like you just ate bacon, but without any of the actual satisfaction that comes from eating bacon! It basically sells itself.

I'm about to go make some eggs and sausage, and I'm gonna test the bacon salt out.

snapdragon

Postby snapdragon » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:36 pm

Bacon popcorn sounds awesome.

I've had chocolate with bacon in it, which is pretty freaking good also. Almost like chocolate covered pretzel, except... bacon.

krad

Postby krad » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:55 pm

WL here in CO, DR 2/16. DAMNIT! I'm happysad :| SO got home early before our trip and checked the mail. Stats: 168/3.44/OOS/we at NASA and Oxford

Thanks, GPA.

But it's better than a rejection! I will fight for this one. It looks like I'll be flying to Seattle in the next few weeks.

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:03 pm

krad wrote:WL here in CO, DR 2/16. DAMNIT! I'm happysad :| SO got home early before our trip and checked the mail. Stats: 168/3.44/OOS/we at NASA and Oxford

Thanks, GPA.

But it's better than a rejection! I will fight for this one. It looks like I'll be flying to Seattle in the next few weeks.

Holy hell... I have no chance, whatsoever!!! Sorry to hear about the WL, but at least you are still in the running!

akili

Postby akili » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:04 pm

What is going on in Seattle?! I do not GET you UW.

krad

Postby krad » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:09 pm

akili wrote:What is going on in Seattle?! I do not GET you UW.

I don't think anyone does :|

Anyone have any idea on WL movement? I'm going to search last year's thread but I was wondering if anyone already had <I'm looking at your Kinderby...:)>

eta: Oh and Scrabble, you never know!!
Last edited by krad on Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”