U Washington 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
snapdragon
Posts: 766
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:34 am

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby snapdragon » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:18 pm

athenian wrote:At what point should I call and ask what the deal is with the CAS report?


I'm debating emailing soonish.. I've been awaiting CAS report since 12/1. I figured I'd give it two weeks at least, so maybe email this Weds or Thursday.

User avatar
Adjudicator
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:18 am

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby Adjudicator » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:21 pm

Arg... I'm desperate to hear any news from UW. :|

stheskier
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby stheskier » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:31 pm

Adjudicator wrote:Arg... I'm desperate to hear any news from UW. :|


On LSN.com acceptances/any notice from Washington didn't start until Jan. I wouldn't worry yet.

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:48 pm

Yeah, we're all fine so far. Same with Cardozo, no word yet for anyone.

I was excited to see the new date for me though ! Yippeee. Count down to yet another wait-list, woot.

User avatar
Adjudicator
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:18 am

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby Adjudicator » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:50 pm

If I get waitlisted at UW, I'm going to lose it.

I've never been accepted anywhere before... last cycle I got waitlisted at every school to which I applied, and never received any offers of admission. So far this cycle, I have received one waitlist and one ding.

Which school will break the curse?

stheskier
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby stheskier » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:54 pm

Adjudicator wrote:If I get waitlisted at UW, I'm going to lose it.

I've never been accepted anywhere before... last cycle I got waitlisted at every school to which I applied, and never received any offers of admission. So far this cycle, I have received one waitlist and one ding.

Which school will break the curse?

But your LSAT is soo high? You'll make it somewhere. Maybe add a couple really safe schools for good measure?

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:55 pm

Adjudicator wrote:If I get waitlisted at UW, I'm going to lose it.

I've never been accepted anywhere before... last cycle I got waitlisted at every school to which I applied, and never received any offers of admission. So far this cycle, I have received one waitlist and one ding.

Which school will break the curse?


You should be good at any school that likes a splitter with a 175 / 3.0!!! What the heck?

jck4487
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:15 am

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby jck4487 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:25 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:If I get waitlisted at UW, I'm going to lose it.

I've never been accepted anywhere before... last cycle I got waitlisted at every school to which I applied, and never received any offers of admission. So far this cycle, I have received one waitlist and one ding.

Which school will break the curse?


You should be good at any school that likes a splitter with a 175 / 3.0!!! What the heck?


Yeah, I think you'll be fine.

I can't wait to hear back from UW. I'm really excited about it, and I just hope something would happen before Christmas with at least one school so I have something to say to all my relatives at Christmas.

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:49 pm

What is if it was a ding or WL? Sometimes you don't want to rush things XD

jck4487
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:15 am

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby jck4487 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:02 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:What is if it was a ding or WL? Sometimes you don't want to rush things XD


Haha, true. At that point I'd just lie to all my relatives and say I hadn't heard anything yet. Less awkwardness and "Oh, I'm so sorry!" crap that way.

User avatar
deja
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:51 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby deja » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:21 pm

jck4487 wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:What is if it was a ding or WL? Sometimes you don't want to rush things XD


Haha, true. At that point I'd just lie to all my relatives and say I hadn't heard anything yet. Less awkwardness and "Oh, I'm so sorry!" crap that way.


That's funny. I've told so many people I want to go to UW that I'm worried about the same thing...

User avatar
hokie
Posts: 339
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:32 am

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby hokie » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:58 am

jck4487 wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:What is if it was a ding or WL? Sometimes you don't want to rush things XD


Haha, true. At that point I'd just lie to all my relatives and say I hadn't heard anything yet. Less awkwardness and "Oh, I'm so sorry!" crap that way.


lol yea this definitely sucks; happened to me for UG and it was definitely a short awkward conversation that quickly transition into "weather-topics".

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:18 am

I hate when people ask me if I've gotten into Cornell yet and all I can say is, "well, wait listed at Boston College!"

Totally know how you guys feel. :X

jck4487
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:15 am

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby jck4487 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:59 am

I find myself constantly making inaccurate assumptions about people's genders on here.

Aggiegrad, what's your undergraduate school? UC Davis? USU? Those are the only Aggies I know.

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:22 am

jck4487 wrote:I find myself constantly making inaccurate assumptions about people's genders on here.

Aggiegrad, what's your undergraduate school? UC Davis? USU? Those are the only Aggies I know.


There is also Texas A&M! But I'm a UC Davis species of aggie. :)

jck4487
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:15 am

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby jck4487 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:03 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
jck4487 wrote:I find myself constantly making inaccurate assumptions about people's genders on here.

Aggiegrad, what's your undergraduate school? UC Davis? USU? Those are the only Aggies I know.


There is also Texas A&M! But I'm a UC Davis species of aggie. :)


I'm applying there too! I think I saw you over in that thread as well. All the schools I applied to are so slow...

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:11 am

jck4487 wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
jck4487 wrote:I find myself constantly making inaccurate assumptions about people's genders on here.

Aggiegrad, what's your undergraduate school? UC Davis? USU? Those are the only Aggies I know.


There is also Texas A&M! But I'm a UC Davis species of aggie. :)


I'm applying there too! I think I saw you over in that thread as well. All the schools I applied to are so slow...


UCD is slow because, as it's explained to me, they like to see fall grades updated before evaluating anyone. I have no idea why, but that's what my pre-law advisor told me when I asked why I have decisions from tons of law schools and UCD is still "waiting for evaluation." I don't know if that's Hastings's problem too.

User avatar
upfish
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby upfish » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:42 am

Moved to "Ready to Review" 12/13. FINALLY.

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby krad » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:18 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
jck4487 wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
jck4487 wrote:I find myself constantly making inaccurate assumptions about people's genders on here.

Aggiegrad, what's your undergraduate school? UC Davis? USU? Those are the only Aggies I know.


There is also Texas A&M! But I'm a UC Davis species of aggie. :)


I'm applying there too! I think I saw you over in that thread as well. All the schools I applied to are so slow...


UCD is slow because, as it's explained to me, they like to see fall grades updated before evaluating anyone. I have no idea why, but that's what my pre-law advisor told me when I asked why I have decisions from tons of law schools and UCD is still "waiting for evaluation." I don't know if that's Hastings's problem too.


I've also heard that they're slow... sadface.

User avatar
LilMonsterAnnie
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby LilMonsterAnnie » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:42 pm

[/I'm applying there too! I think I saw you over in that thread as well. All the schools I applied to are so slow...[/quote]

UCD is slow because, as it's explained to me, they like to see fall grades updated before evaluating anyone. I have no idea why, but that's what my pre-law advisor told me when I asked why I have decisions from tons of law schools and UCD is still "waiting for evaluation." I don't know if that's Hastings's problem too.[/quote]

I've also heard that they're slow... sadface.[/quote]






They are also notorious for not admitting anyone until January, even the people who have been waiting for 6+weeks at this point. (as Aggie and I have been doing)

sanctvm
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:40 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby sanctvm » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:51 pm

I know that the UW averages LSAT scores, but what about scores with a 10 - 15 difference? Anyone have any knowledge or insight regarding this....

User avatar
rs2004
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby rs2004 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:13 pm

sanctvm wrote:I know that the UW averages LSAT scores, but what about scores with a 10 - 15 difference? Anyone have any knowledge or insight regarding this....



http://www.law.washington.edu/admissions/Apply/JD/
"Scores are accepted for tests administered within the last three years. If an applicant has two or more scores on the same score scale, the Law School will use the average of an applicant's scores."

Since scores with 10-15 point difference would not be in the same score scale, I would think UW would take the higher score, and not average.

User avatar
LeDique
Posts: 12770
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby LeDique » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:53 pm

Finally have a few waiver and applied today. My last application.

sanctvm
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:40 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby sanctvm » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:10 pm

rs2004 wrote:
sanctvm wrote:I know that the UW averages LSAT scores, but what about scores with a 10 - 15 difference? Anyone have any knowledge or insight regarding this....



http://www.law.washington.edu/admissions/Apply/JD/
"Scores are accepted for tests administered within the last three years. If an applicant has two or more scores on the same score scale, the Law School will use the average of an applicant's scores."

Since scores with 10-15 point difference would not be in the same score scale, I would think UW would take the higher score, and not average.


That just made me extremely happy.... thank you!

User avatar
theavrock
Posts: 601
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:52 pm

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Postby theavrock » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:21 pm

sanctvm wrote:
rs2004 wrote:
sanctvm wrote:I know that the UW averages LSAT scores, but what about scores with a 10 - 15 difference? Anyone have any knowledge or insight regarding this....



http://www.law.washington.edu/admissions/Apply/JD/
"Scores are accepted for tests administered within the last three years. If an applicant has two or more scores on the same score scale, the Law School will use the average of an applicant's scores."

Since scores with 10-15 point difference would not be in the same score scale, I would think UW would take the higher score, and not average.


That just made me extremely happy.... thank you!


Ditto! I had an 11 point increase and thought I was screwed because of the averaging.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bakewelltart, Bing [Bot], ellielaw, kadams, michelekfla, NotAGolfer, notsolawful, premalone, Rich Uncle Skeleton, slizerd and 35 guests