U Washington 2011 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
theavrock

Silver

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Post by theavrock » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:33 pm

akili wrote:Where my IR 12/1's at?
Holla!!

jrmartin

New

Post by jrmartin » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:33 pm

akili wrote:
jrmartin wrote:
:handraised
Oh good, I was beginning to think chicityteacher and I were the only ones left. Wonder what they are doing with us...
Hopefully taking a holistic approach as my numbers are less than stellar.

deja

Bronze

Post by deja » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:41 pm

akili wrote:
jrmartin wrote:
:handraised
Oh good, I was beginning to think chicityteacher and I were the only ones left. Wonder what they are doing with us...
I'm here too... our apps are sitting in a forgotten pile somewhere I think.

upfish

Silver

Post by upfish » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:51 pm

theavrock wrote:
Holla!!
+1

klhparis

New

Post by klhparis » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:13 pm

rs2004 wrote:
klhparis wrote:I finally got tired of waiting and went ahead and e-mailed the admissions office to see if they would release my decision via e-mail. They were nice enough to do so and I just found out that I'm in!!! Super excited about it :D I'm very interested in pursuing a joint JD/Masters of Marine Affairs through the School of Marine and Environmental Affairs. Is anyone else looking at a concurrent degree program? Best of luck to all still waiting to hear!

Just FYI for those who are wondering:
*Under Review: 12/1
*Decision: 2/9
*GPA: 3.79
*LSAT: 163
so you already had the decision letter sent status in your status checker?

Yupp, since 2/9. But I live in France and am currently on vacation in the UK so I hadn't gotten the letter yet... Figured I'd just try and see if they would e-mail the decision and they did :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Kinderby

Bronze

Post by Kinderby » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:39 pm

Congratulations!

samilabuena

New

Post by samilabuena » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:43 pm

upfish wrote:
theavrock wrote:
Holla!!
+1

Me too!

chicityteacher

Bronze

Post by chicityteacher » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:55 pm

klhparis wrote:I finally got tired of waiting and went ahead and e-mailed the admissions office to see if they would release my decision via e-mail. They were nice enough to do so and I just found out that I'm in!!! Super excited about it :D I'm very interested in pursuing a joint JD/Masters of Marine Affairs through the School of Marine and Environmental Affairs. Is anyone else looking at a concurrent degree program? Best of luck to all still waiting to hear!

Just FYI for those who are wondering:
*Under Review: 12/1
*Decision: 2/9
*GPA: 3.79
*LSAT: 163
Congratulations! I'm especially excited because I feel like we have similar numbers...do you have any notable softs? Feel free to PM.

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:56 pm

Congrats klhparis!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

klhparis

New

Post by klhparis » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:04 pm

Thanks everyone!

LilMonsterAnnie

Bronze

Post by LilMonsterAnnie » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:42 pm

i am still here....molding around the edges the wait is taking so long...I think I am developing rust as well

equalityLaw10

New

Post by equalityLaw10 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:00 pm

Decision mailed 2/17. Received admission packed today!

SherlockHolmes

Bronze

Post by SherlockHolmes » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:07 pm

equalityLaw10 wrote:Decision mailed 2/17. Received admission packed today!
:shock:

Congrats! What part of the country? My decision was mailed on the 16!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lokist86

New

Post by lokist86 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:12 pm

Hmm...I'm IR 12/17. Is that abnormal? Lol, does that mean I have to wait out even longer?! I don't know if I can handle it any longerrrrr

equalityLaw10

New

Post by equalityLaw10 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:16 pm

SherlockHolmes wrote:

California!

Does anyone know if scholarship is announced with the packet or does that information come later?

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:17 pm

equalityLaw10 wrote:
SherlockHolmes wrote:

California!

Does anyone know if scholarship is announced with the packet or does that information come later?
In the past UW has not given out very many scholarships at all and most to URMs

barklm

New

Post by barklm » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:36 pm

Just received my acceptance packet in the mail today! Nothing on the status checker indicated that a decision had been made. The process from the date the application was sent until hearing back took about five weeks.

Reading through the material it looks like there is a separate scholarship application that must be filled out by admitted students in order to be considered for aid. It's only 500 words and can be found on the "Admitted Students" portion of their website.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

chicityteacher

Bronze

Post by chicityteacher » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:54 pm

Congrats! Numbers/softs?

Kinderby

Bronze

Post by Kinderby » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:57 pm

Damn, nothing in the mail today. Wait starts again tomorrow!

dr123

Gold

Post by dr123 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:28 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Sketch =/= 1 attempted knife-stabbing + 1 attempted car jacking in the period of a few hours.

I lived in a *really* ghetto neighborhood in one of Forbes' "most miserable + violent cities" and rarely saw anything like that, even though objectively the rates of crime particularly violent crime were much higher than Seattle.

I guess it's possible but it just seems highly unlikely.
um okay you've been to seattle once or twice maybe? South seattle can get pretty sketch (although not as bad when compared to some areas such as LA, etc.. but sketch nonetheless) and if you disagree you probably don;t know the area. downtown and north seattle (where UW is) is very very nice, but south seattle is definitely kind of sketch

chicityteacher

Bronze

Post by chicityteacher » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:37 pm

dr123 wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Sketch =/= 1 attempted knife-stabbing + 1 attempted car jacking in the period of a few hours.

I lived in a *really* ghetto neighborhood in one of Forbes' "most miserable + violent cities" and rarely saw anything like that, even though objectively the rates of crime particularly violent crime were much higher than Seattle.

um okay you've been to seattle once or twice maybe? South seattle can get pretty sketch (although not as bad when compared to some areas such as LA, etc.. but sketch nonetheless) and if you disagree you probably don;t know the area. downtown and north seattle (where UW is) is very very nice, but south seattle is definitely kind of sketch
Any city of decent size, like Seattle, is inevitably going to have "sketch" places and people. That being said, as someone who has lived in both Seattle and Chicago, I think Seattle is working with a different spectrum of "sketch" than other cities with more drastic social problems.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

geoduck

Silver

Post by geoduck » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:00 pm

chicityteacher wrote:
dr123 wrote:

Any city of decent size, like Seattle, is inevitably going to have "sketch" places and people. That being said, as someone who has lived in both Seattle and Chicago, I think Seattle is working with a different spectrum of "sketch" than other cities with more drastic social problems.
This is fact. I've lived in downtown Seattle going on 3 years, lived in Cap Hill for a bit a while back, and used to spend a lot of time in the city and I've never seen anything like what was described. Seattle is generally less sketchy than any other major US city that I've visited. The closest we get is South Park/White Center, and that's still tame compared to... well everything south/east of USC in LA.

fencod

New

Post by fencod » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:05 pm

I just gave my out of town cousin a tour of UW campus since he is considering it for undergrad, and I was shocked by how much construction there is right now. The HUB is basically gone, replaced by a stalled construction site. Kane is almost surrounded by fences and big yellow trucks. A new building popped up behind Denny that I had never seen before. Isn't there a huge budget shortfall? Why aren't they spending more money on staff and less on remodeling stuff that was already in pretty good shape?

JakeL

Bronze

Post by JakeL » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:24 pm

fencod wrote:I just gave my out of town cousin a tour of UW campus since he is considering it for undergrad, and I was shocked by how much construction there is right now. The HUB is basically gone, replaced by a stalled construction site. Kane is almost surrounded by fences and big yellow trucks. A new building popped up behind Denny that I had never seen before. Isn't there a huge budget shortfall? Why aren't they spending more money on staff and less on remodeling stuff that was already in pretty good shape?
Yea, the new Foster building is very nice, although a little out of place looking IMO. As for the budget shortfall stuff --LinkRemoved--

Mr_Brightside

New

Post by Mr_Brightside » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:27 pm

+1... and going crazy about it

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”