U Washington 2011 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rs2004

Silver

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Post by rs2004 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:29 pm

theavrock wrote:
sanctvm wrote:
rs2004 wrote:
sanctvm wrote:I know that the UW averages LSAT scores, but what about scores with a 10 - 15 difference? Anyone have any knowledge or insight regarding this....

http://www.law.washington.edu/admissions/Apply/JD/
"Scores are accepted for tests administered within the last three years. If an applicant has two or more scores on the same score scale, the Law School will use the average of an applicant's scores."

Since scores with 10-15 point difference would not be in the same score scale, I would think UW would take the higher score, and not average.
That just made me extremely happy.... thank you!
Ditto! I had an 11 point increase and thought I was screwed because of the averaging.

you're welcome! after sanctvm's post, i needed to check because i didn't know UW averaged at all. To those who have that Awaiting CAS report status, I would just call the admissions office right away. That happened to me, I called, and within the next day, my status was updated to Ready for Review. Also, all this time, I was looking at the status checking for any decision until I saw that UW doesn't issue any decision via status checker. Would be nice though to hear something positive from them soon. After two rejections and reading some of the other posts for other schools, I'm wondering if I will get into any school at all.

lmi

New

Post by lmi » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:45 am

Just randomly checked the status on my application and saw that it has switched to 'In Review' as of 12/17. Submitted early November.

sojuteacher

Bronze

Post by sojuteacher » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:26 am

lmi wrote:Just randomly checked the status on my application and saw that it has switched to 'In Review' as of 12/17. Submitted early November.
Thanks for the heads up-- gave up on checking statuses -- but just switched to IR 12/17 too.

vegenator

Bronze

Post by vegenator » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:43 am

sojuteacher wrote:
lmi wrote:Just randomly checked the status on my application and saw that it has switched to 'In Review' as of 12/17. Submitted early November.
Thanks for the heads up-- gave up on checking statuses -- but just switched to IR 12/17 too.

+1 to everything above. Finally movement

Rgaliana

New

Post by Rgaliana » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:21 pm

Submitted a late application today. Hope to hear by February/March!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

whitman

Silver

Post by whitman » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:36 pm

Is it true that UW gives out no merit money?

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:20 pm

whitman wrote:Is it true that UW gives out no merit money?
Who told you that, and why did you possibly believe it?

whitman

Silver

Post by whitman » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:48 pm

Sorry, to clarify, I heard that they have the Bill Gates Public Service scholarship and gave need-based aid, but that supposedly they feel their already low tuition is aid enough, and thus don't really hand out merit-based scholarship beyond the BG scholarship.

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:57 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

whitman

Silver

Post by whitman » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:09 pm

OK, thanks for the information.

deja

Bronze

Post by deja » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:17 pm

Dear UW,

I enjoy the Christmas season. It is a special season of giving and receiving, unlike any other time of the year. I would like to let you know you have the means to make my Christmas season a truly outstanding one. You see, in the spirit of giving, I shared with you my application -- my heartfelt interest in attending your law school. I really went out on a limb and opened myself up to you, giving you the gift I knew you truly wanted. Now, to reciprocate, it would be a sublime manifestation of the spirit of the season if you would send me an invitation to attend your law school -- giving me the gift I truly want. You see, that is the magic of the season. We give, we receive, and this congenial spirit of generosity spreads like wildfire.

Looking forward to your letter,
Deja

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:18 pm

deja wrote:Dear UW,

I enjoy the Christmas season. It is a special season of giving and receiving, unlike any other time of the year. I would like to let you know you have the means to make my Christmas season a truly outstanding one. You see, in the spirit of giving, I shared with you my application -- my heartfelt interest in attending your law school. I really went out on a limb and opened myself up to you, giving you the gift I knew you truly wanted. Now, to reciprocate, it would be a sublime manifestation of the spirit of the season if you would send me an invitation to attend your law school -- giving me the gift I truly want. You see, that is the magic of the season. We give, we receive, and this congenial spirit of generosity spreads like wildfire.

Looking forward to your letter,
Deja
You should totally send this as an update to your file :wink: Hope you hear something soon!

deja

Bronze

Post by deja » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:23 pm

krad wrote:
You should totally send this as an update to your file :wink: Hope you hear something soon!
Haha - thanks. I'm secretly hoping that UW admissions people anonymously lurk on these boards.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JakeL

Bronze

Post by JakeL » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:50 pm

LeDique wrote:
whitman wrote:Is it true that UW gives out no merit money?
Who told you that, and why did you possibly believe it?
I wonder about this too as I have heard that they are quite stingy. If I were to get in with a scholarship, they'd undoubtedly be my #1, but it's going to be hard to go there having to pay full tuition when other schools are giving me $$$.

somewherewarm

New

Post by somewherewarm » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:29 pm

Been in review since 12/1. I agree with JakeL, it would be tough to attend without a decent scholarship, I've read that Seattle's cost of living can be fairly high. Hopefully this isn't the case but I've never been to Seattle to find out for myself.

whitman

Silver

Post by whitman » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:29 pm

somewherewarm wrote:Been in review since 12/1. I agree with JakeL, it would be tough to attend without a decent scholarship, I've read that Seattle's cost of living can be fairly high. Hopefully this isn't the case but I've never been to Seattle to find out for myself.
Yeah I wish someone with knowledge would post about scholarship money, but apparently the only person who knows is only good for a "you're an idiot" post. I really meant "very little" by "no" scholarship money, but I've heard essentially no one should count on scholarship money at all. I would love to go there IF I get some money.

illwill

New

Post by illwill » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:38 pm

somewherewarm wrote:Been in review since 12/1. I agree with JakeL, it would be tough to attend without a decent scholarship, I've read that Seattle's cost of living can be fairly high. Hopefully this isn't the case but I've never been to Seattle to find out for myself.
Seattle COL can be high or reasonable. If you want to live in the real hot places (Capital Hill, Downtown, Ballard) you're going to pay a fair amount. If you find a place in some of the other neighborhoods N of the U you can find reasonable prices. In terms of food, etc. there are plenty of shopping options in the area anywhere from high quality high cost to cheap. I found DC and San Fran to be substantially more expensive and limited.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kkur86

New

Post by kkur86 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:49 pm

I attended UW for my undergrad and living in Seattle can be expensive--if you want to live close to UW you may have to shell out a lot of money just for rent anywhere from $750+ a month for a meager studio/room but you can find a place a bus ride away for a lot cheaper in areas close to the U district (Wallingford for example)...It's a great school and beautiful campus though--good luck everyone!

Prairie

Bronze

Post by Prairie » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:24 am

somewherewarm wrote:Been in review since 12/1.
+1

jck4487

Bronze

Post by jck4487 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:24 pm

My status just went away today. I was In Review 12/1 and now it's just blank--it doesn't even have the lines for Current Status and Status Date anymore. Anyone else seeing this too?

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:27 pm

jck4487 wrote:My status just went away today. I was In Review 12/1 and now it's just blank--it doesn't even have the lines for Current Status and Status Date anymore. Anyone else seeing this too?
Nope, I'm still In Review. Do you have strong numbers for UW?

Last year this was a sign that a decision had been made.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jck4487

Bronze

Post by jck4487 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:11 pm

akili wrote:
jck4487 wrote:My status just went away today. I was In Review 12/1 and now it's just blank--it doesn't even have the lines for Current Status and Status Date anymore. Anyone else seeing this too?
Nope, I'm still In Review. Do you have strong numbers for UW?

Last year this was a sign that a decision had been made.
I'm above the media for LSAT and GPA, but not by much. I applied pretty early, if that affects the order in which decisions are made once they start reviewing applications. Now I'm going to be checking my mail like crazy...

whitman

Silver

Post by whitman » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:15 pm

Same deal here. This is all mine says:

Status

Term: Fall Year: 2011
Program Time: Full Time Degree: JD

jck4487

Bronze

Post by jck4487 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:16 pm

whitman wrote:Same deal here. This is all mine says:

Status

Term: Fall Year: 2011
Program Time: Full Time Degree: JD
Are you a strong applicant?

whitman

Silver

Post by whitman » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:25 pm

Yes. I've already gotten into Cornell and Georgetown. However, I love Seattle and want to work in northern California, Oregon, or Washington so I'm strongly considering UW (if I get money, which, incidentally, do you know anything about their merit scholarships? likelihood of getting some, etc?)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”