U Washington 2011 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bdubs

Gold

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Post by bdubs » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:46 pm

akili wrote:Waitlisted.
Sorry to hear that, but at least it makes your decision easier. Enjoy Vandy.

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:47 pm

I'm honestly incredibly pissed off right now. I had a 9 point gain on my LSAT from last time I applied. They hold me in review for over 3 months. And then they WL me? Honestly, WTF? I don't get their decisions at all. So many great people (with great numbers to boot!) have gotten WLed or rejected.

Anyways, I won't be staying on the WL. This thread has been great and I wish you all good luck.

upfish

Silver

Post by upfish » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:49 pm

DR 3/11, Mailed 3/14, WL'd 3/18.

Thx for making me wait so long, UW, when we both knew what you were thinking.

Numbers: 2.75/168 URM

Withdrawing!

gens1tb

Bronze

Post by gens1tb » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:01 pm

no way
Last edited by gens1tb on Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

crit_racer

Silver

Post by crit_racer » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:02 pm

akili wrote:I'm honestly incredibly pissed off right now. I had a 9 point gain on my LSAT from last time I applied. They hold me in review for over 3 months. And then they WL me? Honestly, WTF? I don't get their decisions at all. So many great people (with great numbers to boot!) have gotten WLed or rejected.

Anyways, I won't be staying on the WL. This thread has been great and I wish you all good luck.
I really just want to know who they are letting in. What are they looking for?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

layercake

New

Post by layercake » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:08 pm

im shocked and sorry akili :(

snapdragon

Silver

Post by snapdragon » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:08 pm

akili wrote:I'm honestly incredibly pissed off right now. I had a 9 point gain on my LSAT from last time I applied. They hold me in review for over 3 months. And then they WL me? Honestly, WTF? I don't get their decisions at all. So many great people (with great numbers to boot!) have gotten WLed or rejected.

wtf. Much <3 to the UW thread, but their decisions are just freaking whack. best of luck to y'all as well.

Papa Smurf

New

Post by Papa Smurf » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:30 pm

Dinged today (decision rendered/mailed 3/11).

Kinda the expected result before speaking with Mr. Le, thanks for the false hope for a waitlist! :D

kalede

Bronze

Post by kalede » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:50 pm

restless wrote:
kalede wrote:Waitlisted. No surprise there, I guess. I'll be retaking the LSAT again in June to see if I can get a higher score to bump me off of the WL.
Sorry to hear about that... you still have an inkling of hope, though. And retaking is definitely a positive strategy. Is UW your first choice? Also, I know your DR date was 03/11, but do you mind sharing your mailing date?
Yep, it's my first choice. I think I'll be heading to L&C if I can't get in off of the WL. I actually had someone open my mail for me (I'm up in Portland right now), so I'm not sure about the mailing date.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

blackbird

New

Post by blackbird » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:54 pm

geoduck wrote:Yeah I got mine via email too. It's... Kinda really tiny considering my stats. 15000$... Total. 5k a year is really not impressing me.
Similarly, I was very sad when I saw the scholarship they've offered me. Now that I've seen yours, I'm straight-up appalled. They really don't have any money, do they?

zonto

Bronze

Post by zonto » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:00 pm

When I went to a law fair in Salt Lake City last October, Mr. Le said that he didn't have any more viewbooks to give out because they had to ration them out for the rest of the trip (not enough money to print?), and when I asked about a fee waiver he chuckled and said that they can't really afford those because they are a public school and struggling for funding.

However, his suggestions during the panel regarding resumes and personal statements were very influential and made mine a lot better than they would have been otherwise. This makes my (and many others' in this thread) waitlist even more puzzling.

I'll be withdrawing next week so there will be less waitlist "competition."

RTFM

Bronze

Post by RTFM » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:09 pm

blackbird wrote:
geoduck wrote:Yeah I got mine via email too. It's... Kinda really tiny considering my stats. 15000$... Total. 5k a year is really not impressing me.
Similarly, I was very sad when I saw the scholarship they've offered me. Now that I've seen yours, I'm straight-up appalled. They really don't have any money, do they?
Oh no... I can really only consider UW if they give me more $$ than Illinois. We'll see what happens...

geoduck

Silver

Post by geoduck » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:17 pm

With UT Austin and Vandy both with money... I don't blame you. Even when/if you got off the wait list, god knows there wouldn't be any cash waiting for you. Sorry on the wait list :(

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

geoduck

Silver

Post by geoduck » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:24 pm

RTFM wrote:
blackbird wrote:
Oh no... I can really only consider UW if they give me more $$ than Illinois. We'll see what happens...
Yeah. Same position here. It was going to take a half ride for me to even consider UW and even then it was going to be like 15k more per year than UMN. 5k basically just covers the cost of living difference between Minneapolis and Seattle.

jwmalone87

Bronze

Post by jwmalone87 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:56 pm

Sorry to hear all the bad news :( Honestly, I think my acceptance had a lot to do with the personal statement -- it was very public-service orientated, and that's something UW obviously stresses a lot. And it seems they do put an uncommon amount of emphasis on it.

I turned in my scholly essay awhile ago but no email here...I wonder if these are done on a rolling basis based on when you were admitted? Hope so.

DecisionEleven

New

Post by DecisionEleven » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:27 pm

What're the chances of getting a DA / USAO job from UW? I am a current W u-g and have been accepted to the LS for fall... but I have competing offers with a few higher ranked schools (incl. UCLA & Duke but @ very close to sticker) that seem to place a lot better with the kind of work I want to do (PI/prosecution).

I am hesitant to leave W & Seattle because of the in-state tuition and that, well, I love the area. I also have my support system here.

But I don't really see anyone on this thread discussing legal employment prospects from this LS like other LS of similar caliber and rank (look @ UCD, that thread is rife with people discussing employment and places they work, same w/ Vandy + Duke etc).

I will probably go over to Gates when I get a chance to see maybe if they can help me discern where I might put my desire to prosecute to work, but I thought this might be a good place to inquire also.

Sorry to all the folks getting wl'd and dinged :(

red_alertz

Bronze

Post by red_alertz » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:33 am

Dinged as expected, sigh, way to start a weekend

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

schan06

New

Post by schan06 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:36 am

Still no mail on my end.. Decision 3/11 Decision Letter 3/14...

cinephile

Gold

Post by cinephile » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:09 am

3/11 Decision, 3/14 mailed, 3/18 wait listed :cry:

dawei

New

Post by dawei » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:03 am

crit_racer wrote:

I really just want to know who they are letting in. What are they looking for?

I've been watching this thread a little bit, especially since my decision was mailed on 3/09. I was on UW's WL for a looooong time last year (maybe June? I can't remember exactly, way to long to be reasonable), till I had to commit to staying at my current job for another year. I reapplied fully expecting to be be waitlisted or rejected... and I got in!

My numbers:

After seeing people one this thread who are WL/Rejected, I'm as surprised as anyone.

meganmac

New

Post by meganmac » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:14 am

DR 3/11 - Letter 3/14 -

Waitlist

My mail goes to the East Coast - I didn't open it myself but I'm guessing it came last night or this morning.

Is it crazy that I'm still considering L&C with a scholly rather than BC? Given the ranking difference? I'm from the East Coast originally and that is where my family is, but I really love the PAC NW.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

DJsm20

New

Post by DJsm20 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:48 am

waitlisted - decision 3/11 letter dated 3/14 167/3.4

Mr_Brightside

New

Post by Mr_Brightside » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:09 am

Dinged, DR 3/11 Sent 3/14 Received 3/19

C'est la vie

restless

New

Post by restless » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:26 pm

Complete 02/01. DR 03/11, Mailing 03/11. Dinged yesterday. Expected it, but still kinda sad. Oh well, life goes on...

Xnegd

Bronze

Post by Xnegd » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:42 pm

3/11 Decision, still not mailed though....?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”