U Washington 2011 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TreeHugger20

New

Re: U Washington 2011 Applicants

Post by TreeHugger20 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:56 pm

tea_drinker wrote:Is decision with nothing under mailing a rejection?
Not necessarily. It looks the same no matter what the decision is so there is no way to know until you get the letter. More waiting!

HZ10

New

Post by HZ10 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:59 pm

IR 12/1, Decision 3/11...but nothing under mailings. Have they given answers over the phone to anyone recently?

tea_drinker

Silver

Post by tea_drinker » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:00 am

TreeHugger20 wrote:
tea_drinker wrote:Is decision with nothing under mailing a rejection?
Not necessarily. It looks the same no matter what the decision is so there is no way to know until you get the letter. More waiting!
:evil:

Does anyone care to guess if they have already sent the letter out earlier today? Or will send letters out tomorrow?

Edit: need to know when to pick up some liquor.
Last edited by tea_drinker on Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

jwmalone87

Bronze

Post by jwmalone87 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:01 am

Mine recently updated with 'Decision Letter 3/11' under Mailings. I was DR earlier in the afternoon and it wasn't there.

Also curious about the phone question. I know that if I don't get mine by Thursday or so then I'm gonna call (have to plan my visit), but if anyone can coax it out of them sooner, please share.

schan06

New

Post by schan06 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:11 am

Status Checker changed to Decision. My speculation is placing it as a wl or ding...

Seattle U. it is! However, despite my dismal comment Good luck to the rest of you!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jppatt16

New

Post by jppatt16 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:54 am

Good luck to all of you with your decisions (especially those who have been suffering since 12/1)!

For any other admits out there, has there been an indication on when scholarship info is supposed to go out? I only submitted my essay three days ago, so I'm not expecting anything instant but I'm curious all the same.

geoduck

Silver

Post by geoduck » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:01 am

jppatt16 wrote:Good luck to all of you with your decisions (especially those who have been suffering since 12/1)!

For any other admits out there, has there been an indication on when scholarship info is supposed to go out? I only submitted my essay three days ago, so I'm not expecting anything instant but I'm curious all the same.
Talked to Mr. Le a couple days ago. Said they were just starting to look at the apps this week and that the first decisions would be out early next.

chicityteacher

Bronze

Post by chicityteacher » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:41 am

Good luck everyone! Good to see the 12/1ers FINALLY getting movement.

jrmartin

New

Post by jrmartin » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:15 am

akili wrote:
deja wrote:
akili wrote:Y u no love 12/1s UW?
Akili - I just got decision like 30 seconds ago. There is some love for us 12/1-ers!!
Yessss just got decision!!!!
IR 12/1

DR 3/11

nothing new under mailings

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

falias

New

Post by falias » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:16 am

IR 1/21 --> Decision 3/11 (sometime between 7pm-10pm), no mailings. Pretty sure I'm going to have to stop myself from breaking into the law building tonight to find out what the decision was...

xxinfinity

New

Post by xxinfinity » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:45 am

Hi,

I was just wondering, why did you all apply to UW and what is the reputation like?

I am especially interested in international law. The only other school I'm looking at is American, for now.

But I love Seattle, though it's not a center for int'l law.

Would love to hear your opinions and insight!

thanks in advance

Xnegd

Bronze

Post by Xnegd » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:13 am

IR 12/1

DR 3/11

Do you think there are good news decisions, or bad news?

TreeHugger20

New

Post by TreeHugger20 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:28 am

Try as I might, I can't think of a single practical reason why they can't email us our decisions. It kind of makes sense to not tell us when we call, since it's impossible to be sure that it's really us calling, but email accounts are fairly secure... more secure than an envelope in a mailbox even. Plus, it wastes paper to send snail mail and takes sooooo long...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

alexb

Bronze

Post by alexb » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:39 am

TreeHugger20 wrote:Try as I might, I can't think of a single practical reason why they can't email us our decisions. It kind of makes sense to not tell us when we call, since it's impossible to be sure that it's really us calling, but email accounts are fairly secure... more secure than an envelope in a mailbox even. Plus, it wastes paper to send snail mail and takes sooooo long...

Haha, I hear you. I can only guess, but perhaps it's simply for efficiency's sake They have to send it to via snail mail either way and can save a chunk of time if they cut the e-mail part? . . . but then why not just throw it on the status checker, hmmm.

theavrock

Silver

Post by theavrock » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:10 am

I had given up hope last night and lo and behold this morning I am decision.

IR 12/1
DR 3/11

So did anyone out there not get a decision?

I have a tough decision on my hands. I am going up to Portland for ASW next weekend and my flight out isn't until Monday afternoon. My original plan was to visit UW if I got in, but they took so dang long to get back to me that I had thought I would just stay in Portland.

Now I am wondering if I should call and see if they will release the decision over the phone so I can know whether or not to drive up to Seattle next weekend. I don't want to drive up there if all I am coming home to is a rejection notice.

TreeHugger20

New

Post by TreeHugger20 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:53 am

alexb wrote:
TreeHugger20 wrote:Try as I might, I can't think of a single practical reason why they can't email us our decisions. It kind of makes sense to not tell us when we call, since it's impossible to be sure that it's really us calling, but email accounts are fairly secure... more secure than an envelope in a mailbox even. Plus, it wastes paper to send snail mail and takes sooooo long...

Haha, I hear you. I can only guess, but perhaps it's simply for efficiency's sake They have to send it to via snail mail either way and can save a chunk of time if they cut the e-mail part? . . . but then why not just throw it on the status checker, hmmm.
Well I'm sure they have excellent reasons since they are the smartest and bestest and prettiest school in the world!!! My decision has been made but I figure flattery can't hurt... Just in case someone important is reading this.

gens1tb

Bronze

Post by gens1tb » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:33 pm

Waitlisted! :c

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TreeHugger20

New

Post by TreeHugger20 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:57 pm

gens1tb wrote:Waitlisted! :c
Aww I'm sorry dude. Better than a rejection though! When did you go to decision rendered and how long did your letter take to get to you?

gens1tb

Bronze

Post by gens1tb » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:58 pm

TreeHugger20 wrote:
Aww I'm sorry dude. Better than a rejection though! When did you go to decision rendered and how long did your letter take to get to you?
I was in the 3/7 crowd and they post-marked it 3/9; I live on the East Coast, so I would think if you don't get it today and you're in that bunch... well, maybe the big envelopes take longer.

sabenser

Bronze

Post by sabenser » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:00 pm

gens1tb wrote:
TreeHugger20 wrote:
I was in the 3/7 crowd and they post-marked it 3/9; I live on the East Coast, so I would think if you don't get it today and you're in that bunch... well, maybe the big envelopes take longer.
Yeah, it looks like the 7 March decisions have been waitlist or rejection. Hopefully I'll find out today that I'm wrong, ha.

Just checked the mail. Waitlist it is :(
Last edited by sabenser on Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawyerorbust

New

Post by lawyerorbust » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:05 pm

falias wrote:IR 1/21 --> Decision 3/11 (sometime between 7pm-10pm), no mailings. Pretty sure I'm going to have to stop myself from breaking into the law building tonight to find out what the decision was...

Agrreed. Might even be able to find someone with a key to admissions. I want to know! I live ON campus at UW...will I hear today, monday or even longer because campus mail sucks?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

chicityteacher

Bronze

Post by chicityteacher » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:06 pm

gens1tb wrote:
TreeHugger20 wrote:
When I spoke to Mr. Le earlier this week he told me that the acceptance letters (packets?) take a while to send out because each letter has to be signed by the dean before it can be sent out.

TreeHugger20

New

Post by TreeHugger20 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:09 pm

sabenser wrote:
gens1tb wrote:
TreeHugger20 wrote:
Yeah, it looks like the 7 March decisions have been waitlist or rejection. Hopefully I'll find out today that I'm wrong, ha.

Just checked the mail. Waitlist it is :(
Pretty sure I'm doomed. Your LSAT demolishes mine.

JayWilTheBoat

New

Post by JayWilTheBoat » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:20 pm

theavrock wrote:I had given up hope last night and lo and behold this morning I am decision.

IR 12/1
DR 3/11

So did anyone out there not get a decision?

I have a tough decision on my hands. I am going up to Portland for ASW next weekend and my flight out isn't until Monday afternoon. My original plan was to visit UW if I got in, but they took so dang long to get back to me that I had thought I would just stay in Portland.

Now I am wondering if I should call and see if they will release the decision over the phone so I can know whether or not to drive up to Seattle next weekend. I don't want to drive up there if all I am coming home to is a rejection notice.
I bet that given the circumstances they would release the decision to you. It's certainly worth explaining and giving a shot. Worst that could happen is they say they can't give it. Best of luck

Mr_Brightside

New

Post by Mr_Brightside » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:26 pm

IR 12/1, DR 3/11. I checked it last night up until 9:30pm EST, and nothing, so either the change was made today or late last night

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”