Villanova 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Lawlskool

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby Lawlskool » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:53 pm

langdonbadger wrote:Word. 0L party Friday April 1. Anyone know a good bar in the area?

Kelley's is probably the closest.

oreo3405

Postby oreo3405 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:15 pm

Lawlskool wrote:
langdonbadger wrote:Word. 0L party Friday April 1. Anyone know a good bar in the area?

There are a whole bunch of bars on the Main Line in the Bryn Mawr/Ardmore part of the mainline, so bar hopping is and should be an option. and if you want a good (affordable) dinner before hand, (slash pregaming opportunity?) Fellini's in Ardmore is a BYOB place with awesome food.

If i accepted (at all or before April 2nd) I'd be down to being the guide. haha

CChuff

Postby CChuff » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:21 pm

Flip and Bailey's is a decent place too.

stayway

Postby stayway » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:08 pm

CChuff wrote:Flip and Bailey's is a decent place too.

Srsly bro?

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:11 pm

Flips is good on Thursday nights and sometimes Fridays. Flips is also the only bar on the mainline I haven't been kicked out of yet :oops:

stayway

Postby stayway » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:18 pm

beach_terror wrote:Flips is good on Thursday nights and sometimes Fridays. Flips is also the only bar on the mainline I haven't been kicked out of yet :oops:

+1; I saw it.

irishvt14

Postby irishvt14 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:03 pm

oreo3405 wrote:
Lawlskool wrote:

There are a whole bunch of bars on the Main Line in the Bryn Mawr/Ardmore part of the mainline, so bar hopping is and should be an option. and if you want a good (affordable) dinner before hand, (slash pregaming opportunity?) Fellini's in Ardmore is a BYOB place with awesome food.

If i accepted (at all or before April 2nd) I'd be down to being the guide. haha

we're rooting for you/i totally need a guide

jlnoa0915

Postby jlnoa0915 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:03 am

beach_terror wrote:Flips is good on Thursday nights and sometimes Fridays. Flips is also the only bar on the mainline I haven't been kicked out of yet :oops:

Nicely done

rs2004

Postby rs2004 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:15 pm

got an email on my novasis account...tried to log in but did not recognize my email address. curious to see my financial aid package.

okay figured it out, instead of putting in my email address in lower case as suggested, i put it in caps and i got in.

mims

Postby mims » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:48 am

new to this forum! just checked with admissions regarding scholarships. the committee met again (yesterday I believe?) and letters should be sent within two weeks. I was accepted on 2/22.

irishvt14

Postby irishvt14 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:30 am

That is great news! Thanks for calling!

flyers88

Postby flyers88 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:01 pm

irishvt14 wrote:are most people going to the april 2nd ASD? i don't want to be the lone ranger.

Just a heads up, as of now, there are close to 70 admitted students signed up go come. I'd imagine a good amount more will be signing up since the invitations went out a few days ago and the travel stipend info went up yesterday: http://www.law.villanova.edu/About%20VLS/Visiting%20VLS/Travel%20Stipend%20Information.aspx

jwjbaek

Postby jwjbaek » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:03 pm

Hey,
I got my acceptance letter about a week ago, but nothing about merit scholarships. Does this mean I didnt get any $ or should I expect a separate letter for scholarships?

Thanks

mikeyp

Postby mikeyp » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:07 pm

CChuff wrote:
ssacalis wrote:Hey Chuff, this is an awesome distraction from tedious Fed Tax problems, though I doubt I'll get them all done by 11 o clock class now

Hahaha. Its keeping me away from Mergers.

that class makes me :evil:

mims

Postby mims » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:13 pm

jwjbaek wrote:Hey,
I got my acceptance letter about a week ago, but nothing about merit scholarships. Does this mean I didnt get any $ or should I expect a separate letter for scholarships?

Thanks

I called admissions (see my above post) and recent acceptance letters were sent without scholarships until the next committee meeting (which I believe was yesterday). So for those who get them, they will be coming separately. Good luck!

mikeyp

Postby mikeyp » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:17 pm

rs2004 wrote:
beach_terror wrote:
rs2004 wrote:anyone else get an email from a villanova law student today?

Just FYI, the administration recruited a bunch of current students to help recruit 1Ls (obviously help alleviate fears from the scandal). Listen to what they have to say but take it with a grain of salt. There are bound to be a bunch of overzealous 1Ls below median that think things are a-okay.

the student was very polite in the email, 2L on the trial team, and open for questions if i had any and encouraging a visit to the school, which i'll do anyway since i'm getting back from pitt's asw. setting the villanova scandal aside, i think it was a nice gesture.

keep in mind that those students emailing you VOLUNTEERED to do so. we are not doing it because someone told us to. in fact, there is absolutely no incentive to do so! i volunteered because i like the school and i know i wished i had someone that i could ask questions (because lets face it, this forum is not exactly the best resource of truthful information). if you do get an email and want an email, let me know, i'll email you ahahhah. if you do get an email and think its loaded with "propaganda" then i guess just don't respond.

but just understand that we used our personal time to reach out because we wanted to.

rs2004

Postby rs2004 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:29 pm

mikeyp wrote:
rs2004 wrote:
beach_terror wrote:
rs2004 wrote:anyone else get an email from a villanova law student today?

Just FYI, the administration recruited a bunch of current students to help recruit 1Ls (obviously help alleviate fears from the scandal). Listen to what they have to say but take it with a grain of salt. There are bound to be a bunch of overzealous 1Ls below median that think things are a-okay.

the student was very polite in the email, 2L on the trial team, and open for questions if i had any and encouraging a visit to the school, which i'll do anyway since i'm getting back from pitt's asw. setting the villanova scandal aside, i think it was a nice gesture.

keep in mind that those students emailing you VOLUNTEERED to do so. we are not doing it because someone told us to. in fact, there is absolutely no incentive to do so! i volunteered because i like the school and i know i wished i had someone that i could ask questions (because lets face it, this forum is not exactly the best resource of truthful information). if you do get an email and want an email, let me know, i'll email you ahahhah. if you do get an email and think its loaded with "propaganda" then i guess just don't respond.

but just understand that we used our personal time to reach out because we wanted to.

i didn't think it was propaganda. i thought it was a polite, well thought out e-mail that the 2L sent to me about himself and his experiences at the school, as well as an offer to get an answer to any questions i may have had. personally, i like to get answers from several people to get a collective idea but right now, i'm so annoyed at villanova and their craptastic award letter that i won't have any questions to ask until i get a reconsideration.

mikeyp

Postby mikeyp » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:39 pm

rs2004 wrote:
mikeyp wrote:
rs2004 wrote:
beach_terror wrote:Just FYI, the administration recruited a bunch of current students to help recruit 1Ls (obviously help alleviate fears from the scandal). Listen to what they have to say but take it with a grain of salt. There are bound to be a bunch of overzealous 1Ls below median that think things are a-okay.

i didn't think it was propaganda. i thought it was a polite, well thought out e-mail that the 2L sent to me about himself and his experiences at the school, as well as an offer to get an answer to any questions i may have had. personally, i like to get answers from several people to get a collective idea but right now, i'm so annoyed at villanova and their craptastic award letter that i won't have any questions to ask until i get a reconsideration.

yeah no worries i understand where you're coming from. and i'm sorry if you thought that was directed at you, it certainly wasn't intended to be. it was actually directed towards others and was more a general statement to clear to air, your post was just the first thing i found to click the "quote" button haha.

irishvt14

Postby irishvt14 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:26 pm

rs2004, what was your "craptastic award letter"? are you referring to scholly info? what did you get?

rs2004

Postby rs2004 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:32 pm

irishvt14 wrote:rs2004, what was your "craptastic award letter"? are you referring to scholly info? what did you get?

$0 merit aid.

irishvt14

Postby irishvt14 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:30 pm

oh wow, that's ridiculous

Eagles_Legendz

Postby Eagles_Legendz » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:45 pm

rs2004 wrote:
irishvt14 wrote:rs2004, what was your "craptastic award letter"? are you referring to scholly info? what did you get?

$0 merit aid.

Did you get a separate package that said that or are you just assuming since it didn't come with your acceptance that none was forthcoming?

irishvt14

Postby irishvt14 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:50 pm

Eagles_Legendz wrote:
rs2004 wrote:

$0 merit aid.

Did you get a separate package that said that or are you just assuming since it didn't come with your acceptance that none was forthcoming?

true story...if it's the latter then don't jump the gun, i got nothing with my acceptance letter but there's still hope. don't give up just yet.

rs2004

Postby rs2004 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:51 pm

Eagles_Legendz wrote:
rs2004 wrote:

$0 merit aid.

got an email from the financial aid office to go to novasis to check out my award letter. i saw no merit aid from my award letter. i sent an email to the financial office to request a reconsideration so i am waiting to hear their response.

Eagles_Legendz

Postby Eagles_Legendz » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:00 pm

rs2004 wrote:
Eagles_Legendz wrote:
rs2004 wrote:

$0 merit aid.

got an email from the financial aid office to go to novasis to check out my award letter. i saw no merit aid from my award letter. i sent an email to the financial office to request a reconsideration so i am waiting to hear their response.

That's interesting. Can I ask how long ago you were accepted? I did not receive anything with my acceptance letter, though I was only admitted on 3/2. Villanova does not seem to always send out financial packages with their acceptances, and I am expecting more money to be allocated as the process continues. That is only a guess on my part, but it is what I'd expect.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to consider Nova without substantial funding assistance, which is a shame since I live in the Philadelphia area and my dad is an alum.

We'll see. Hopefully they send out packages to everyone who is waiting on here.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”