Villanova 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby kk19131 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:42 pm

Haha, I went from under review 12/9 > 2/11 > 2/18


This is a big joke.

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby kjadkins » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:52 am

kk19131 wrote:Haha, I went from under review 12/9 > 2/11 > 2/18


This is a big joke.


I went from IR 1/20 > IR 2/20

User avatar
irishvt14
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:51 am

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby irishvt14 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:05 am

Went IR 2/16 and IR 2/18.
WTF 2/21?

DJsm20
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:57 am

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby DJsm20 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:07 am

IR 12/18 to 1/20 to 2/18

User avatar
jetergrl2ss
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:11 pm

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby jetergrl2ss » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:54 am

kk19131 wrote:Haha, I went from under review 12/9 > 2/11 > 2/18


This is a big joke.

+1. Very annoying. At this point I've pretty much made up my mind about where I'd like to attend but I'd still like a decision Nova!

User avatar
Bless
Posts: 533
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:32 am

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby Bless » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:09 pm

At another complete as of last night, only three days after my second complete.

1/12
2/17
2/20

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby kk19131 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:39 pm

jetergrl2ss wrote:
kk19131 wrote:Haha, I went from under review 12/9 > 2/11 > 2/18


This is a big joke.

+1. Very annoying. At this point I've pretty much made up my mind about where I'd like to attend but I'd still like a decision Nova!



Where do you think you'll go?

lsatextreme
Posts: 523
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:18 am

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby lsatextreme » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:42 pm

i have not seen movement from this school since my first complete at 1/14

User avatar
irishvt14
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:51 am

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby irishvt14 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:35 pm

Check your statuses...just got my acceptance via status checker.

User avatar
oreo3405
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby oreo3405 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:36 pm

irishvt14 wrote:Check your statuses...just got my acceptance via status checker.


What were you complete/IR dates??

User avatar
irishvt14
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:51 am

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby irishvt14 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:40 pm

Complete 11/16, IR 2/16. Took forever to go into review, very happy with the turnaround once I was in.

goblue123
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:51 pm

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby goblue123 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:41 pm

In via email/status checker 2/21. Last UR was 2/19.

Don't know if I'm considering Villanova because I'm already into Temple and it's closer to center city/doesn't have any current scandals.

Anyone else trying to decide between the two?

User avatar
philswfc2008
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby philswfc2008 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:42 pm

Just accepted within the last 30 minutes via status checker (than email minutes later). Submitted 11/13, complete 1/14 (December LSAT hold), went in review last week. 3.33/167, non-URM

User avatar
jetergrl2ss
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:11 pm

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby jetergrl2ss » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:51 pm

Just got accepted as well. IR 12/18-->2/12--> 2/18.

160/3.7

User avatar
philswfc2008
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby philswfc2008 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:57 pm

goblue123 wrote:In via email/status checker 2/21. Last UR was 2/19.

Don't know if I'm considering Villanova because I'm already into Temple and it's closer to center city/doesn't have any current scandals.

Anyone else trying to decide between the two?


I am in the same boat. At first, Villanova was my top choice. Then, it lapsed into a tie with Temple (barring admissions from several reach schools). Now, it's getting hard for me to justify going to 'Nova over Temple. I was already concerned enough about the cost differential, but with the recent scandal, I really think Temple has moved ahead of Villanova

goblue123
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:51 pm

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby goblue123 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:02 pm

philswfc2008 wrote:
goblue123 wrote:In via email/status checker 2/21. Last UR was 2/19.

Don't know if I'm considering Villanova because I'm already into Temple and it's closer to center city/doesn't have any current scandals.

Anyone else trying to decide between the two?


I am in the same boat. At first, Villanova was my top choice. Then, it lapsed into a tie with Temple (barring admissions from several reach schools). Now, it's getting hard for me to justify going to 'Nova over Temple. I was already concerned enough about the cost differential, but with the recent scandal, I really think Temple has moved ahead of Villanova


I completely agree-barring no acceptances to my reach schools I'll probably be at Temple (even though Nova's facilities are nicer...I just can't justify going there at this point-I don't want to live out there and definitely don't want to have an hour commute every day from center city).

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby kk19131 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:07 pm

Random question for any current students roaming the thread...

Does dean James still work at Nova?

User avatar
Bless
Posts: 533
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:32 am

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby Bless » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:13 pm

Accepted today!

User avatar
irishvt14
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:51 am

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby irishvt14 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:15 pm

^ "Stretch Armstrong couldn't reach this far" hilarious

Congrats on your acceptance!

User avatar
Bless
Posts: 533
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:32 am

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby Bless » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:22 pm

irishvt14 wrote:^ "Stretch Armstrong couldn't reach this far" hilarious

Congrats on your acceptance!

Haha, it proved true with Fordham.


And thanks, best of luck to you. For those interested, I never went IR, and my numbers aren't that high (159/3.59).

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby kk19131 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:24 pm

I honestly hope I get rejected: I need the laugh.

User avatar
philswfc2008
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby philswfc2008 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:25 pm

goblue123 wrote:
philswfc2008 wrote:
goblue123 wrote:In via email/status checker 2/21. Last UR was 2/19.

Don't know if I'm considering Villanova because I'm already into Temple and it's closer to center city/doesn't have any current scandals.

Anyone else trying to decide between the two?


I am in the same boat. At first, Villanova was my top choice. Then, it lapsed into a tie with Temple (barring admissions from several reach schools). Now, it's getting hard for me to justify going to 'Nova over Temple. I was already concerned enough about the cost differential, but with the recent scandal, I really think Temple has moved ahead of Villanova


I completely agree-barring no acceptances to my reach schools I'll probably be at Temple (even though Nova's facilities are nicer...I just can't justify going there at this point-I don't want to live out there and definitely don't want to have an hour commute every day from center city).


I do actually like the Main Line (although I like the actual city of Philadelphia more). I have yet to visit Villanova's law school, but have been on their campus numerous times, and it is certainly nice. I am not as weary of Temple's area as some people may be (I think I'd be fine if I stick to campus; I know the surrounding areas are sketchy, for sure). Probably the main selling point for 'Nova over Temple is the area, but I'd probably live in Center City if I went to Temple, which I would certainly like. Besides the safety/area concerns of Temple (which I'm not that concerned about anyways), I'm not sure what else would tip the scales towards Villanova. But before I make that decision, I will definitely give 'Nova a shot and visit, and see/learn as much as I can

User avatar
irishvt14
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:51 am

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby irishvt14 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:25 pm

Aw come on dude, don't rain on our parade. I hope you get in and make the choice not to go if you don't want to. They might be going through a scandal but it's definitely still a school that some people are excited about. And besides, no one likes rejection. Neither do you.

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby kk19131 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:30 pm

irishvt14 wrote:Aw come on dude, don't rain on our parade. I hope you get in and make the choice not to go if you don't want to. They might be going through a scandal but it's definitely still a school that some people are excited about. And besides, no one likes rejection. Neither do you.



Make no mistake about it, I'm happy for those who have been admitted!

All I'm saying is that I've been accepted to schools much, much higher-ranked than Nova... plus Nova has had my app for 5 months... 3 of which I've been under review. If, after all that, I'm rejected... I sure will laugh out loud..

User avatar
irishvt14
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:51 am

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby irishvt14 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:34 pm

They have weird processes there. But I get what you're saying. Still hope you get in ;-)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hip to be Square, SevenSeven77 and 11 guests