Villanova 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
stayway

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby stayway » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:33 pm

159? I should be getting more $$ from VLS.

Shame on you VLS.

Onion

Postby Onion » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:35 pm

beach_terror wrote:
javancho wrote:Hey, beach_terror, I am a 0L, not going to VLS, and don't know squat about law yet. I am just interested to see what happens. Don't you think that current and former students have an excellent case against the school for misrepresentation or false advertisement?

Also, if the current students sue the school, in some perverse way their own tuition would go on to pay for the defense of the school... and that would be pretty messed up. Not only did the school misled them, but the students would be, in a way, funding the legal defense of the school.

I'm a shithead 1L so what do I know. Everyone keeps asking if we're vulnerable to legal action, and the teachers all just say "I don't want to speculate".

I would imagine this is the answer they are required by the school to give. Sounds like they held a meeting on how to answer questions from students. All professors seem to be giving the same standard answers.

stayway

Postby stayway » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:36 pm

I'd be happy with three things

1) Tuition refund

2) Throw some A's on my transcript

3) Full ride

Then I MAY consider staying.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:37 pm

Onion wrote:I would imagine this is the answer they are required by the school to give. Sounds like they held a meeting on how to answer questions from students. All professors seem to be giving the same standard answers.

Class action petition for scholarship funding the class of 2013 was wrongly deprived of because of misrepresented medians, which are the benchmark for said scholarships? Start it Onion, beach_terror will be right behind you. Unleashing some fucking terror.

Onion

Postby Onion » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:37 pm

nooyyllib wrote:159? I should be getting more $$ from VLS.

Shame on you VLS.

TITCR

stayway

Postby stayway » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:41 pm

beach_terror wrote:
Onion wrote:I would imagine this is the answer they are required by the school to give. Sounds like they held a meeting on how to answer questions from students. All professors seem to be giving the same standard answers.

Class action petition for scholarship funding the class of 2013 was wrongly deprived of because of misrepresented medians, which are the benchmark for said scholarships? Start it Onion, beach_terror will be right behind you. Unleashing some fucking terror.

But this is not the beach (?)

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:57 pm

nooyyllib wrote:But this is not the beach (?)

Fuck.

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:10 pm

Onion wrote:
beach_terror wrote:
javancho wrote:Hey, beach_terror, I am a 0L, not going to VLS, and don't know squat about law yet. I am just interested to see what happens. Don't you think that current and former students have an excellent case against the school for misrepresentation or false advertisement?

Also, if the current students sue the school, in some perverse way their own tuition would go on to pay for the defense of the school... and that would be pretty messed up. Not only did the school misled them, but the students would be, in a way, funding the legal defense of the school.

I'm a shithead 1L so what do I know. Everyone keeps asking if we're vulnerable to legal action, and the teachers all just say "I don't want to speculate".

I would imagine this is the answer they are required by the school to give. Sounds like they held a meeting on how to answer questions from students. All professors seem to be giving the same standard answers.

This marks the first time professors don't want to speculate. Thats all those mother fuckers do for a living and now they won't do that either...

I hope the school is sued by current and past students. I'm a pretty good lawyer if anyone is thinking about it lol.

stayway

Postby stayway » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:11 pm

reasonable_man wrote:
Onion wrote:
beach_terror wrote:

This marks the first time professors don't want to speculate. Thats all those mother fuckers do for a living and now they won't do that either...

I hope the school is sued by current and past students. I'm a pretty good lawyer if anyone is thinking about it lol.

I don't know, you seem pretty awful from your condescending posts on TLS.

Onion

Postby Onion » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:17 pm

nooyyllib wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:
Onion wrote:
beach_terror wrote:

I don't know, you seem pretty awful from your condescending posts on TLS.[/quote]

How could anyone who went to a T2 or T3 be a good lawyer? :roll:

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:21 pm

I'm pretty happy with my level of success, as are my clients. If you have as many reported decisions in your favor by your third year out of law school, I'll buy you a fucking cookie. You want to make fun of where I went to LS, or the fact that I'm a jerk-off, that's fine. But leave it at that. Because once you started trying to take shots at my professional abilities, you're in a whole new world, one in which you are nowhere near qualified to be.

rs2004

Postby rs2004 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:31 pm

isn't this thread and forum for people who are waiting to hear on acceptances, denials, or waitlists from school? if you are already in villanova, it's nice to give applicants advice sure (but there's another forum for that) so if you're going to use this thread as a way to validate yourself, justify remarks, or anything really that has nothing to do with hearing back from schools or helping out applicants, stop trolling and move to another forum.

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:33 pm

rs2004 wrote:isn't this thread and forum for people who are waiting to hear on acceptances, denials, or waitlists from school? if you are already in villanova, it's nice to give applicants advice sure (but there's another forum for that) so if you're going to use this thread as a way to validate yourself, justify remarks, or anything really that has nothing to do with hearing back from schools or helping out applicants, stop trolling and move to another forum.

Villanova submitting doctored records to the ABA is certainly relevent to students who are applying. Don't be an idiot.

rs2004

Postby rs2004 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:41 pm

reasonable_man wrote:I'm pretty happy with my level of success, as are my clients. If you have as many reported decisions in your favor by your third year out of law school, I'll buy you a fucking cookie. You want to make fun of where I went to LS, or the fact that I'm a jerk-off, that's fine. But leave it at that. Because once you started trying to take shots at my professional abilities, you're in a whole new world, one in which you are nowhere near qualified to be.

i was talking about this post in particular and this is the last post that i will make to address this. if you have anything to say to me personally, by all means, do so by private message but don't use a public forum to antagonize or insult others.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:56 pm

This is NOT the place for this kind of discussion.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=146613

This thread can return to people discussing admissions, or I can start bringing down the hammer. Your choice.

kartal

Postby kartal » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:34 pm

For those who already got admitted, when is the first seat deposit due and how much is it? Thanks.

BlueDiamond

Postby BlueDiamond » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:39 pm

kartal wrote:For those who already got admitted, when is the first seat deposit due and how much is it? Thanks.

"Q: When I am accepted, do I need to put down a deposit to reserve my seat in the program?
A: Yes, when notification of acceptance is received, an applicant must pay a $100 non-refundable deposit to reserve his or her seat in the program. However, this deposit is credited against tuition."

theres the how much is it part.. the when no idea.. maybe theres no date because they're assuming they will be shut down?.. just kidding vanwinkle

YankeesFan

Postby YankeesFan » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:42 pm

Anyone heard anything about ASD?

rockyIV

Postby rockyIV » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:16 pm

reasonable_man wrote:
rs2004 wrote:isn't this thread and forum for people who are waiting to hear on acceptances, denials, or waitlists from school? if you are already in villanova, it's nice to give applicants advice sure (but there's another forum for that) so if you're going to use this thread as a way to validate yourself, justify remarks, or anything really that has nothing to do with hearing back from schools or helping out applicants, stop trolling and move to another forum.

Villanova submitting doctored records to the ABA is certainly relevent to students who are applying. Don't be an idiot.

This guy is a little too proud for my taste, I mean his numbers weren't even good enough to accurately report to the ABA.

SrLaw

Postby SrLaw » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:47 pm

are you all still seriously considering VLS? I noticed that there biglaw placement is decent for its rank but now I feel as if they falsified that data as well.

northwood

Postby northwood » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:00 pm

SrLaw wrote:are you all still seriously considering VLS? I noticed that there biglaw placement is decent for its rank but now I feel as if they falsified that data as well.

no im not. im just waiting for the decision then moving on to making the final selection and going from there

LSATclincher

Postby LSATclincher » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:20 pm

Has anyone used a Temple acceptance as a negotiation point for more scholarship money?

jdhakert

Postby jdhakert » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:01 am

SrLaw wrote:are you all still seriously considering VLS? I noticed that there biglaw placement is decent for its rank but now I feel as if they falsified that data as well.

I just couldn't imagine attorneys eagerly hiring from here anymore, especially like they were prior. Its kind of a joke now, and I bet will be on Third Tier Reality any day. Plus there is no way their ranking will be as high as it shittaly was already. Am I right or am I right?

BlueDiamond

Postby BlueDiamond » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:12 am

jdhakert wrote:

I just couldn't imagine attorneys eagerly hiring from here anymore, especially like they were prior. Its kind of a joke now, and I bet will be on Third Tier Reality any day. Plus there is no way their ranking will be as high as it shittaly was already. Am I right or am I right?

already is.. theres a post on there about it from Feb. 16th, 2010
http://T14 Paradise.blogspot.com/se ... -results=7

aidez-moi

Postby aidez-moi » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:32 am

reasonable_man wrote:

This. reasonable_man although blunt tells it like it is; although all law schools game the system with regards to employment data, VLS came out and straight up admitted they lied about incoming GPA/LSAT - an 'oversight' that potentially fucked up potential scholarships for current students as well as drastically damaged their reputation.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”