Villanova 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
irishvt14

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby irishvt14 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:28 am

I know we're supposed to be patient or whatever but seriously, three months? WTF could they possibly be doing that it's taking them that long to even put my app under review? Other people have received decisions from them already which kills me. I just want to withdraw to prove a point but that is both irrational and naive (clearly they wouldn't care about one person withdrawing). Ugh I am just so pissed. What to do, what do do...

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:29 am

I love when TTTs are exposed... This is a great day for legal academia.

seespotrun

Postby seespotrun » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:37 am

reasonable_man wrote:I love when TTTs are exposed... This is a great day for legal academia.

I've been waiting for you to show up.

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:04 am

seespotrun wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:I love when TTTs are exposed... This is a great day for legal academia.

Been out of the office for a few days taking depositions.. I was startled that I missed this for as long as I have...

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:07 am

reasonable_man wrote:
seespotrun wrote:

Been out of the office for a few days taking depositions.. I was startled that I missed this for as long as I have...

You have quite a bit of shit-talking catchup to do.

Onion

Postby Onion » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:15 am

Oh joy, here we go.

SrLaw

Postby SrLaw » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:28 am

Onion - are you transferring or staying? Are you paying Sticker?

ccoons24

Postby ccoons24 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:40 am

For those of you that withdrew - was it just a brief email to the general admissions email address? Or did you contact any one person specifically?

BlueDiamond

Postby BlueDiamond » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:43 am

Last edited by BlueDiamond on Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

ccoons24

Postby ccoons24 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:49 am

'Preciate it. Withdrawn.

kk19131

Postby kk19131 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:55 am

I've been UR since 12/9, which means that today is the 60th day...

"Please contact us at 610-519-7010 if your file is marked "In Review" for more than 60 days."

I don't know if I should call them tomorrow or just not care...

northwood

Postby northwood » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:56 am

it probably wont speed things up if you do call. they have to have a reason for why they are taking so long to send out decisions.

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:20 pm

Onion wrote:

Oh joy, here we go.

Oh I'm sorry. Does talking about the fact that Villanova (a catholic institution I might add), knowingly lied on official reports to the ABA? I really am sorry that it bothers you.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be one of the dozens of gainfully employed future Villanova alums.. This won't impact you in any meaningful way.
Last edited by reasonable_man on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rs2004

Postby rs2004 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:24 pm

does anyone know exactly what they fudged up to the aba? did they just send higher lsat numbers and gpas than they actually had? i didn't get the details of what they did from the above the law post.

ran12

Postby ran12 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:46 pm

I sent a withdrawal email over the weekend. Just thanks for the offer and scholly and I was going to another school. I understand why people might be mad and try to stick the scandal in as the reason but there's no point in doing that b/c you never know how it may effect you in the future. The person who reads your email may have some future impact on you. Who knows. I'm not saying you'll get in trouble or anything like that per se but it's always better not to burn bridges.

Onion

Postby Onion » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:54 pm

SrLaw wrote:Onion - are you transferring or staying? Are you paying Sticker?

Going to see what the fall out looks like before I make any final decision... transfer applications appear due in July for the most part so I have some time to see the ramifications of Villanova's incompetence. Not paying sticker, but based on what the numbers may actually be, it appears I should be receiving more than I am.

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:17 pm

Onion wrote:

Going to see what the fall out looks like before I make any final decision... transfer applications appear due in July for the most part so I have some time to see the ramifications of Villanova's incompetence. Not paying sticker, but based on what the numbers may actually be, it appears I should be receiving more than I am.

Incompetence is forgetting to send in something on time. Sending in false information is more akin to lying and/or committing fraud. Let's be honest with ourselves here.

Onion

Postby Onion » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:31 pm

reasonable_man wrote:
Onion wrote:

Incompetence is forgetting to send in something on time. Sending in false information is more akin to lying and/or committing fraud. Let's be honest with ourselves here.

It you want to play the "let's be honest" game, in all reality there are probably a plethora of schools that do the same thing. I would imagine there is no need to discuss the sending of false information in relation to employment statistics. Is it right? Absolutely not. Is it rare? Questionable.

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:39 pm

Onion wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:
Onion wrote:

It you want to play the "let's be honest" game, in all reality there are probably a plethora of schools that do the same thing. I would imagine there is no need to discuss the sending of false information in relation to employment statistics. Is it right? Absolutely not. Is it rare? Questionable.

I believe that almost all of the law schools are guilty of submitting false salary/employment data (especially those in the T50 thru 100 that are just grasping at threads to stay in the top 100). But submitting false data Re: admissions stats, thats a new one even for Law schools I believe, save brooklyn law, who got caught doing this also, but I mean do you really want to be lumped in with BLS... Probably not.

Onion

Postby Onion » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:42 pm

reasonable_man wrote:Incompetence is forgetting to send in something on time. Sending in false information is more akin to lying and/or committing fraud. Let's be honest with ourselves here.

It you want to play the "let's be honest" game, in all reality there are probably a plethora of schools that do the same thing. I would imagine there is no need to discuss the sending of false information in relation to employment statistics. Is it right? Absolutely not. Is it rare? Questionable.[/quote]

I believe that almost all of the law schools are guilty of submitting false salary/employment data (especially those in the T50 thru 100 that are just grasping at threads to stay in the top 100). But submitting false data Re: admissions stats, thats a new one even for Law schools I believe, save brooklyn law, who got caught doing this also, but I mean do you really want to be lumped in with BLS... Probably not.[/quote]

The schools may be similar in rank for a reason I suppose... regardless you will hear no argument that this is not good for the school nor student.

ashrh01

Postby ashrh01 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:59 pm

I sent an email to withdraw my application this morning. I didn't say anything about them making up numbers, just that I wanted to withdraw my app and that I planned to attend another school.

kk19131

Postby kk19131 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:03 pm

People are saying that this is going to hurt grads, but how... why?

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:06 pm

kk19131 wrote:People are saying that this is going to hurt grads, but how... why?

Reputation among employers, previously classes appearing to be stronger candidates than they are, degree not as valuable, etc. The current 1L class has accurate data reported, however.

Word on the street according to my Ks teacher is that the Class of 2009 had a median LSAT of 159, not 162. Flagrant foul play is flagrant.

javancho

Postby javancho » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:27 pm

beach_terror wrote:
kk19131 wrote:People are saying that this is going to hurt grads, but how... why?

Reputation among employers, previously classes appearing to be stronger candidates than they are, degree not as valuable, etc. The current 1L class has accurate data reported, however.

Word on the street according to my Ks teacher is that the Class of 2009 had a median LSAT of 159, not 162. Flagrant foul play is flagrant.

Hey, beach_terror, I am a 0L, not going to VLS, and don't know squat about law yet. I am just interested to see what happens. Don't you think that current and former students have an excellent case against the school for misrepresentation or false advertisement?

Also, if the current students sue the school, in some perverse way their own tuition would go on to pay for the defense of the school... and that would be pretty messed up. Not only did the school misled them, but the students would be, in a way, funding the legal defense of the school.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:31 pm

javancho wrote:Hey, beach_terror, I am a 0L, not going to VLS, and don't know squat about law yet. I am just interested to see what happens. Don't you think that current and former students have an excellent case against the school for misrepresentation or false advertisement?

Also, if the current students sue the school, in some perverse way their own tuition would go on to pay for the defense of the school... and that would be pretty messed up. Not only did the school misled them, but the students would be, in a way, funding the legal defense of the school.

I'm a shithead 1L so what do I know. Everyone keeps asking if we're vulnerable to legal action, and the teachers all just say "I don't want to speculate".

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”