Villanova 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
skirschner1

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby skirschner1 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:57 pm

has anyone gotten a scholarship with their acceptance letter or will those come out later on?

lawgrl21

Postby lawgrl21 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:01 pm

skirschner1 wrote:has anyone gotten a scholarship with their acceptance letter or will those come out later on?

my scholarship offer came as a letter attached to the acceptance letter. (30k/yr with a 3.15 gpa requirement )

Onion

Postby Onion » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:27 pm

SrLaw wrote:
Onion wrote:For a group of people who want to be lawyers, a career that will keep you in a constant state of "wait and see," there is a serious lack of patience. This may be a good life lesson as you are waiting to hear back about grades, motions to the court, or decision about life in general, you often have no controle over the time table. Nova is a respectable school to attend, especially if you can get some money from them. If you want to attend Nova, this is part of the poison and I promise is only continues when you attend law school (especially grades from Nova). Good luck to all applicants, think long and hard about this investment and whether getting upset about waiting a bit for a decision is worth it in the long run. Enjoy this year and the lack of law school stresses.

Villanova sucks. End of story.

Ah, a highly intelligent response :roll:

rs2004

Postby rs2004 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:31 pm

Onion wrote:
SrLaw wrote:
Onion wrote:For a group of people who want to be lawyers, a career that will keep you in a constant state of "wait and see," there is a serious lack of patience. This may be a good life lesson as you are waiting to hear back about grades, motions to the court, or decision about life in general, you often have no controle over the time table. Nova is a respectable school to attend, especially if you can get some money from them. If you want to attend Nova, this is part of the poison and I promise is only continues when you attend law school (especially grades from Nova). Good luck to all applicants, think long and hard about this investment and whether getting upset about waiting a bit for a decision is worth it in the long run. Enjoy this year and the lack of law school stresses.

haha what do you expect? what you said was patronizing. and i've waited to hear back about grades, court decisions on motions, and life decisions in general that i have no control over, and i can say with confidence that none of these are as bad as waiting to hear back from law schools.

SrLaw

Postby SrLaw » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:49 pm

Onion wrote:
SrLaw wrote:

Onion - I hope you did not pay sticker at Nova, lil guy.

johnnyutah

Postby johnnyutah » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:52 pm

LSATclincher wrote:Temple and Nova have the same prestige in the Philly. Rutgers-Camden is up there, too. Most attorneys practice in PA/NJ, so the region is basically combined. Obviously quality of life is much better at Nova (it's located in an expensive suburb of philly), but if you can get Temple at in-state tuition, that is hard to pass up.

This is false. Temple will both get you farther in Philadelphia and is much, much closer to the good parts of town.

They call it Vanillanofun for a reason.

Evrydyhonestliar

Postby Evrydyhonestliar » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:02 am

johnnyutah wrote:
LSATclincher wrote:Temple and Nova have the same prestige in the Philly. Rutgers-Camden is up there, too. Most attorneys practice in PA/NJ, so the region is basically combined. Obviously quality of life is much better at Nova (it's located in an expensive suburb of philly), but if you can get Temple at in-state tuition, that is hard to pass up.

This is false. Temple will both get you farther in Philadelphia and is much, much closer to the good parts of town.

Is there a reason people are joining this thread to hate on Nova?

johnnyutah

Postby johnnyutah » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:06 am

Evrydyhonestliar wrote:
johnnyutah wrote:

Big East rivals always get my hate come spring semester.

SrLaw

Postby SrLaw » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:16 am

Evrydyhonestliar wrote:
johnnyutah wrote:

They have earned the hate by having done such a shitty job with admissions. FTR, I know one chick who went to Nova and she "hated' it.

stayway

Postby stayway » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:51 pm

I find this thread highly entertaining.

Onion

Postby Onion » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:54 pm

rs2004 wrote:
Onion wrote:
SrLaw wrote:

haha what do you expect? what you said was patronizing. and i've waited to hear back about grades, court decisions on motions, and life decisions in general that i have no control over, and i can say with confidence that none of these are as bad as waiting to hear back from law schools.

Well I certainly did not mean to patronize anyone. Obviously waiting for a response is stressful, however it is one of the lesser stresses that goes along with law school, and a career on law in general, that was my point. Good luck with the remainder of your cycle.

stayway

Postby stayway » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:59 pm

For everyone waiting for $, I leveraged Persuad with another similar/higher ranked school's scholly to get scholly.

I got one 15k a year without GPA requirement. So try it.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:03 pm

nooyyllib wrote:For everyone waiting for $, I leveraged Persuad with another similar/higher ranked school's scholly to get scholly.

yeah, but only because you're mellow yellooooow

aidez-moi

Postby aidez-moi » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:19 pm

Onion wrote:Well I certainly did not mean to patronize anyone. Obviously waiting for a response is stressful, however it is one of the lesser stresses that goes along with law school, and a career on law in general, that was my point. Good luck with the remainder of your cycle.

You're taking everyone too seriously. This was created so we could all bitch about schools.

Section141

Postby Section141 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:25 pm

nooyyllib wrote:For everyone waiting for $, I leveraged Persuad with another similar/higher ranked school's scholly to get scholly.

Mind sharing how you did it? Email, phone, in-person?

YankeesFan

Postby YankeesFan » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:26 pm

Yes please share. I emailed them the standard negotiation email and I have not heard back yet.

stayway

Postby stayway » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:58 pm

Section141 wrote:

Edit:

I emailed VLS specifically telling them that I was in a dilemma between a similarly ranked school and that school gave me $$$. Also that I would pick VLS but $$$ was being factor. Then, a few hours later the school e-mailed me saying I got 15k.

Word.

skirschner1

Postby skirschner1 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:59 pm

nooyyllib wrote:
Section141 wrote:

Edit:

I emailed VLS specifically telling them that I was in a dilemma between a similarly ranked school and that school gave me $$$. Also that I would pick VLS but $$$ was being factor. Then, a few hours later the school e-mailed me saying I got 15k.

Word.

Solid. I'm about to try that now haha

jlnoa0915

Postby jlnoa0915 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:14 am

nooyyllib wrote:
Section141 wrote:

Edit:

Word.

+1
I did the same thing and got a response a day or two later.

ran12

Postby ran12 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:23 am

I sent them a negotiation email 10 days ago asking for more money. They gave me 15k/yr and I know I shouldn't be complaining too much but I've gotten full rides and better offers at higher ranked and peer schools. They still haven't gotten back to me and I emailed again today. Hopefully they get back to me soon but if they don't I'm withdrawing b/c Nova doesn't appeal to me enough to pay more.

stayway

Postby stayway » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:39 am

ran12 wrote:I sent them a negotiation email 10 days ago asking for more money. They gave me 15k/yr and I know I shouldn't be complaining too much but I've gotten full rides and better offers at higher ranked and peer schools. They still haven't gotten back to me and I emailed again today. Hopefully they get back to me soon but if they don't I'm withdrawing b/c Nova doesn't appeal to me enough to pay more.

why are you even considering Nova if higher ranked schools gave you more money? are you just particularly interested in Philly and the surrounding area?

ran12

Postby ran12 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:23 am

nooyyllib wrote:
ran12 wrote:I sent them a negotiation email 10 days ago asking for more money. They gave me 15k/yr and I know I shouldn't be complaining too much but I've gotten full rides and better offers at higher ranked and peer schools. They still haven't gotten back to me and I emailed again today. Hopefully they get back to me soon but if they don't I'm withdrawing b/c Nova doesn't appeal to me enough to pay more.

why are you even considering Nova if higher ranked schools gave you more money? are you just particularly interested in Philly and the surrounding area?

I'm from the northeast and the schools that gave me better offers are midwest and south. I'd prefer to be closer to home.

johnnyutah

Postby johnnyutah » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:49 am

ran12 wrote:
nooyyllib wrote:

I'm from the northeast and the schools that gave me better offers are midwest and south. I'd prefer to be closer to home.

Go to Temple.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:51 am

johnnyutah wrote:Go to Temple.

Hata

northwood

Postby northwood » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:56 am

johnnyutah wrote:Go to Temple.

how do you know hes not going to temple, or doesnt go to church?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”