Villanova 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby kk19131 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:48 pm

nooyyllib wrote:FYI for minority students: I'm not sure how to apply for it but I randomly received a $1,200 minority book scholarship at the beginning of the fall semester...

Sorry I can't provide any more info on this... Maybe you can look into this.



I just emailed and inquired about it.

I hope they don't respond with something like... "so what... full tuition isn't good enough for you?" :lol:

stayway
Posts: 1275
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:38 am

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby stayway » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:23 pm

kk19131 wrote:
nooyyllib wrote:FYI for minority students: I'm not sure how to apply for it but I randomly received a $1,200 minority book scholarship at the beginning of the fall semester...

Sorry I can't provide any more info on this... Maybe you can look into this.



I just emailed and inquired about it.

I hope they don't respond with something like... "so what... full tuition isn't good enough for you?" :lol:


Cool subtle bragging, bro.

User avatar
irishvt14
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:51 am

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby irishvt14 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:26 pm

yeah stfu

j/k good for you. I'm just bitter

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby kk19131 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:31 pm

I wasn't trying to brag. :cry:

User avatar
Evrydyhonestliar
Posts: 123
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:12 pm

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby Evrydyhonestliar » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:32 pm

nooyyllib wrote:
Evrydyhonestliar wrote:
langdonbadger wrote:
nooyyllib wrote:http://www.kellystaproom.com/specials.php

Have fun


Awesome, thanks! I'll be there the respective friday.

Just an FYI Charles Barkley was at Kelly's last night haha


Oh yeah, was it because of his daughter? I heard somewhere that his daughter goes to Nova undergrad


Yeah she is, I don't know her though. Apparently he was hanging out with her there. My facebook newsfeed blew up about it haha

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby kk19131 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:34 pm

Why in the world would Charles Barkley send his daughter to Villanoava undergrad? :shock:

User avatar
irishvt14
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:51 am

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby irishvt14 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:37 pm

kk19131 wrote:Why in the world would Charles Barkley send his daughter to Villanoava undergrad? :shock:


hahaha

stayway
Posts: 1275
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:38 am

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby stayway » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:48 pm

kk19131 wrote:I wasn't trying to brag. :cry:


Ha, just jealous. Maybe I'm the wrong color for a full tuition. (please don't take this offensively)

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby kk19131 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:52 pm

nooyyllib wrote:
kk19131 wrote:I wasn't trying to brag. :cry:


Ha, just jealous. Maybe I'm the wrong color for a full tuition. (please don't take this offensively)



I'm not offended. I'm quite aware of why they're so generous to me. :lol:

stayway
Posts: 1275
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:38 am

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby stayway » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:55 pm

kk19131 wrote:
nooyyllib wrote:
kk19131 wrote:I wasn't trying to brag. :cry:


Ha, just jealous. Maybe I'm the wrong color for a full tuition. (please don't take this offensively)



I'm not offended. I'm quite aware of why they're so generous to me. :lol:


You know...sometimes..you just got to be the right kind of minority... :(

sprewell
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:41 pm

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby sprewell » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:11 pm

for those of you who sent your other offers - is anyone else still waiting to hear a response back, or did you all get quick answers?

User avatar
beach_terror
Posts: 7237
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby beach_terror » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:13 pm

nooyyllib wrote:
kk19131 wrote:
nooyyllib wrote:
kk19131 wrote:I wasn't trying to brag. :cry:


Ha, just jealous. Maybe I'm the wrong color for a full tuition. (please don't take this offensively)



I'm not offended. I'm quite aware of why they're so generous to me. :lol:


You know...sometimes..you just got to be the right kind of minority... :(

This conversation should be usable as evidence for why this is clearly a violation of equal protection and why Grutter v. Bollinger was wrongly decided.

Yes, "he mad"

stayway
Posts: 1275
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:38 am

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby stayway » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:14 pm

GTFOH

User avatar
irishvt14
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:51 am

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby irishvt14 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:19 pm

sprewell wrote:for those of you who sent your other offers - is anyone else still waiting to hear a response back, or did you all get quick answers?


I haven't heard back. I sent my email yesterday morning. Some people received quicky responses, but not this girl.

SrLaw
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby SrLaw » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:50 pm

irishvt14 wrote:
sprewell wrote:for those of you who sent your other offers - is anyone else still waiting to hear a response back, or did you all get quick answers?


I haven't heard back. I sent my email yesterday morning. Some people received quicky responses, but not this girl.



They said they would send my offer today. Still waiting. What a surprise.

User avatar
irishvt14
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:51 am

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby irishvt14 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:54 pm

Yeah, I cannot make a decision until I know about scholarship. Like that's some sort of surprise.

sprewell
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:41 pm

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby sprewell » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:57 pm

ahhh. today marks day 5 since i got the email and sent my other offers.

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby kk19131 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:26 pm

How's the wireless in the building?

...and around campus?

stayway
Posts: 1275
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:38 am

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby stayway » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:46 pm

kk19131 wrote:How's the wireless in the building?

...and around campus?


100% access in the building. (the building is the law campus).

SrLaw
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby SrLaw » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:07 pm

Just got my scholarship and it is not very good.

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby kk19131 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:25 pm

SrLaw wrote:Just got my scholarship and it is not very good.



Not very good compared to your other offers?

User avatar
irishvt14
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:51 am

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby irishvt14 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:29 pm

Just got mine. 15k/year. Someone's going to call me out on complaining but I want more.

SrLaw
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby SrLaw » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:37 pm

kk19131 wrote:
SrLaw wrote:Just got my scholarship and it is not very good.



Not very good compared to your other offers?




22K p/y. Straight awful for the other offers I have.

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby kk19131 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:39 pm

irishvt14 wrote:Just got mine. 15k/year. Someone's going to call me out on complaining but I want more.



I think people should seek to pay the least amount possible for law school.

There is NO shame in requesting more money.

User avatar
irishvt14
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:51 am

Re: Villanova 2011

Postby irishvt14 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:48 pm

Thank you for saying that. It's not as if Nova is cheap!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests