Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
firemed
Posts: 1195
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:36 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby firemed » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:05 pm

I guess I should've been in here a while ago. I was accepted in like, January I think? Anyway, I am on the special pushed back deposit deadline so I can hopefully get merit aid increased.

Honestly, they are going to have to do very well by me to beat my other major offer, especially after reading the employment talks in this forum. But I still hold out hope, since I have always wanted to live in Oregon.

CJE
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:14 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby CJE » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:58 pm

descartesb4thehorse wrote:My guess is, especially since they're still admitting people to the waitlist and probably will be for a few more weeks, they'll sort of have the whole crop there when deposit time comes and they know how many they get to offer. It wouldn't make sense to rank it now without deciding on all the applications. Such as, a spot opens up, and they look at a good candidate from 12/01 and a great candidate from 2/25 and they'll probably give it to the later candidate? So, in this sense, they're able to make decisions independent of application dates which is something no law school really does during the first round of decisions. If that makes sense? Hah.


Yeah it makes sense, well I guess as much sense as can be made of admissions practices. Thanks for the response.

User avatar
Capitol hillbilly
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:34 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby Capitol hillbilly » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:39 pm

Wow- is anyone else feeling the gouge of that $8.97 "service charge" for paying the tuition deposit online? GEEEZ.

Maybe it's weird that for some reason I don't trust USPS with my letter of acceptance and tuition deposit, and willing to pay nine bucks to click a button instead.

User avatar
fragged
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:52 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby fragged » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:34 pm

firemed wrote:I guess I should've been in here a while ago. I was accepted in like, January I think? Anyway, I am on the special pushed back deposit deadline so I can hopefully get merit aid increased.

Honestly, they are going to have to do very well by me to beat my other major offer, especially after reading the employment talks in this forum. But I still hold out hope, since I have always wanted to live in Oregon.


+1

My deposit is also due on May 1 - I'm waiting for some "Miracle Aid" offer to appear in the next week or so. I would also like to live in OR, but it will have to be one hell of a scholly offer, and without some absurd stipulations.

User avatar
fragged
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:52 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby fragged » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:34 pm

Capitol hillbilly wrote: Maybe it's weird that for some reason I don't trust USPS with my letter of acceptance and tuition deposit, and willing to pay nine bucks to click a button instead.


It's not weird that you don't trust USPS - they are run by the government.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13915
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:48 pm

Withdrew today, which should free up a spot and some money for someone. :)

lawyerorbust
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:21 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby lawyerorbust » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:42 pm

Anyone heard anything official about scholarship offers? Supposed to hear today...

fglass
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby fglass » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:55 pm

I also withdrew today. Sending my spot and money to someone else!

tsutsik
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:26 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby tsutsik » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:58 pm

Also withdrew.

User avatar
Capitol hillbilly
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:34 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby Capitol hillbilly » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:07 pm

lawyerorbust wrote:Anyone heard anything official about scholarship offers? Supposed to hear today...

I got an email regarding small scholarships from Oregon state bar association. Apparently five or six $2000 need-based awards are given out. Deadline has passed though.

lawyerorbust
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:21 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby lawyerorbust » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:13 pm

Capitol hillbilly wrote:
lawyerorbust wrote:Anyone heard anything official about scholarship offers? Supposed to hear today...

I got an email regarding small scholarships from Oregon state bar association. Apparently five or six $2000 need-based awards are given out. Deadline has passed though.


I'm not in state so I probably don't qualify. In my original acceptance they informed me I was a potential scholarship candidate, and I should let them know if I wanted to be re-evaluated and hear back by the 15th of April. Probably just being crazy but I wanted to hear today.

firemed
Posts: 1195
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:36 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby firemed » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:57 pm

lawyerorbust wrote:
Capitol hillbilly wrote:
lawyerorbust wrote:Anyone heard anything official about scholarship offers? Supposed to hear today...

I got an email regarding small scholarships from Oregon state bar association. Apparently five or six $2000 need-based awards are given out. Deadline has passed though.


I'm not in state so I probably don't qualify. In my original acceptance they informed me I was a potential scholarship candidate, and I should let them know if I wanted to be re-evaluated and hear back by the 15th of April. Probably just being crazy but I wanted to hear today.



They told me they would tell me by the end of April... and then I would have 3-5 days to decide.

User avatar
SamSeaborn2016
Posts: 412
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:07 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby SamSeaborn2016 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:54 pm

Lewis & Clark 1L here if anyone has any questions.

User avatar
IHaveLawyers
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby IHaveLawyers » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:51 am

SamSeaborn2016 wrote:Lewis & Clark 1L here if anyone has any questions.


Can you get me off the waitlist?

User avatar
lsatdalek
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:33 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby lsatdalek » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:20 pm

IHaveLawyers wrote:
SamSeaborn2016 wrote:Lewis & Clark 1L here if anyone has any questions.


Can you get me off the waitlist?


+1 Ditto. Just got waitlisted.

clintone88
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:10 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby clintone88 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:24 pm

Has anyone decided on L&C yet? I've seen several people who withdrew, but no one who is attending. I sent in my deposit a couple weeks ago and will be there in the fall, unless I get a last minute acceptance off the UW waitlist, which I'm not counting on. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys there in August.

User avatar
Capitol hillbilly
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:34 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby Capitol hillbilly » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:26 pm

SamSeaborn2016 wrote:Lewis & Clark 1L here if anyone has any questions.

Thanks for taking the time to answer some questions! I'm starting to browse the craigslist ads for housing, any suggestions for someone who wants to commute to school by bicycle? How is biking between the SE and L&C? Seems like that sellwood bridge might be tricky.
Since the school's environmental program is so highly regarded, does it seem like most people are seeking that certification? Is it more competitive than other certificate programs, like IP? Sorry if these sound like dumb questions! Looking forward to attending this fall. :P

User avatar
Capitol hillbilly
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:34 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby Capitol hillbilly » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:27 pm

clintone88 wrote:Has anyone decided on L&C yet? I've seen several people who withdrew, but no one who is attending. I sent in my deposit a couple weeks ago and will be there in the fall, unless I get a last minute acceptance off the UW waitlist, which I'm not counting on. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys there in August.


I will be there in August, unless UC Hastings pulls it out of the fire, which is very unlikely. Thoughts on housing areas?

User avatar
Tyler Durden
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:10 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby Tyler Durden » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:37 pm

lsatdalek wrote:
IHaveLawyers wrote:
SamSeaborn2016 wrote:Lewis & Clark 1L here if anyone has any questions.


Can you get me off the waitlist?


+1 Ditto. Just got waitlisted.



With all the withdrawals that seem to be going out, maybe we can be a bit more optimistic?

plugkev
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:57 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby plugkev » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:22 pm

Capitol hillbilly wrote:
SamSeaborn2016 wrote:Lewis & Clark 1L here if anyone has any questions.

Thanks for taking the time to answer some questions! I'm starting to browse the craigslist ads for housing, any suggestions for someone who wants to commute to school by bicycle? How is biking between the SE and L&C? Seems like that sellwood bridge might be tricky.

LC is on top of a hill. It will be tough to find an easy bike route to LC but I would recommend the Multnomah/Hillsdale area of SW for the easiest bike route.

I live in Sellwood and run and bike over the bridge often. It is do-able. There is a cemetery called Riverview that allows bikes to commute through it. It even has sharrows to guide you. The cemetery is right at the base of the Sellwood bridge and will take you to Paletine Rd and LC relatively quickly. Big uphill on the way there and downhill on the way back.

Also, I am likely moving to Eugene for school and may be trying to rent my house. PM if you are looking for family dwelling.

User avatar
IHaveLawyers
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby IHaveLawyers » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:36 am

I love cycling, that sounds like a great work out before class. If I get off the waitlist, I'm buying some new carbon wheels.

mat2013
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:24 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby mat2013 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:46 pm

SamSeaborn2016 wrote:Lewis & Clark 1L here if anyone has any questions.


I would like another person to speak to the job prospects as you see them. Any information/opinion you provide is much appreciated. Thank you.

User avatar
SamSeaborn2016
Posts: 412
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:07 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby SamSeaborn2016 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:38 pm

Capitol hillbilly wrote:
SamSeaborn2016 wrote:Lewis & Clark 1L here if anyone has any questions.

Thanks for taking the time to answer some questions! I'm starting to browse the craigslist ads for housing, any suggestions for someone who wants to commute to school by bicycle? How is biking between the SE and L&C? Seems like that sellwood bridge might be tricky.
Since the school's environmental program is so highly regarded, does it seem like most people are seeking that certification? Is it more competitive than other certificate programs, like IP? Sorry if these sound like dumb questions! Looking forward to attending this fall. :P


I'm a little biased since I'm not a fan of the SE but a ton of students live there and don't have trouble getting back and forth to the school. Sellwood is a dangerous bridge but the big problem is that the city will be taking down the Sellwood Bridge to rebuild it starting near the end of the year I believe. That will make getting back and forth super inconvenient. Multnomah Village and the surrounding areas will be easier for biking but perhaps not as cheap on rent as the SE.

The certificates aren't really competitive per se. You just have to have a good enough GPA, take the appropriate classes and write the appropriate papers. Lots of people do the E-law cert but I've never heard anyone complain about not being able to get into the classes they need. They've held a few meetings to help students figure out the process for curriculum planning actually.

Hope that helps!

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby jarofsoup » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:32 pm

SamSeaborn2016 wrote:
Capitol hillbilly wrote:
SamSeaborn2016 wrote:Lewis & Clark 1L here if anyone has any questions.

Thanks for taking the time to answer some questions! I'm starting to browse the craigslist ads for housing, any suggestions for someone who wants to commute to school by bicycle? How is biking between the SE and L&C? Seems like that sellwood bridge might be tricky.
Since the school's environmental program is so highly regarded, does it seem like most people are seeking that certification? Is it more competitive than other certificate programs, like IP? Sorry if these sound like dumb questions! Looking forward to attending this fall. :P


I'm a little biased since I'm not a fan of the SE but a ton of students live there and don't have trouble getting back and forth to the school. Sellwood is a dangerous bridge but the big problem is that the city will be taking down the Sellwood Bridge to rebuild it starting near the end of the year I believe. That will make getting back and forth super inconvenient. Multnomah Village and the surrounding areas will be easier for biking but perhaps not as cheap on rent as the SE.

The certificates aren't really competitive per se. You just have to have a good enough GPA, take the appropriate classes and write the appropriate papers. Lots of people do the E-law cert but I've never heard anyone complain about not being able to get into the classes they need. They've held a few meetings to help students figure out the process for curriculum planning actually.

Hope that helps!


Not going to L & C, but the bridges in Portland have always freaked me out... they seemed very easy to accidentally drive off of...has this ever happened?

User avatar
renorunningirl
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby renorunningirl » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:41 pm

With all the withdrawals that seem to be going out, maybe we can be a bit more optimistic?

95% sure that I will be attending :) (I gave up a full tuition scholly elsewhere to do so...)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”