Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rinkrat19

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby rinkrat19 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:32 pm

jessicaleeih wrote:
gefunden wrote:I still dont know what happens to my application status. still 12/20 completed. I even hardly remember how many it changed. maybe this was the second date. there is no positive sign here right? sigh... complete in early Dec, or late Nov.

My file was complete on October 22 and they just started reviewing it on January 14. I applied to the part time program though.

I applied to the part time program (complete 11/03) and got a decision letter 1/12.

gefunden

Postby gefunden » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:01 am

rinkrat19 wrote:
jessicaleeih wrote:
gefunden wrote:I still dont know what happens to my application status. still 12/20 completed. I even hardly remember how many it changed. maybe this was the second date. there is no positive sign here right? sigh... complete in early Dec, or late Nov.

My file was complete on October 22 and they just started reviewing it on January 14. I applied to the part time program though.

I applied to the part time program (complete 11/03) and got a decision letter 1/12.

Thank you all. I hope to have a good moment very soon.

geoduck

Postby geoduck » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:30 pm

App completed on 1/20. In via admitted students login on 2/7! No idea about $$ yet though.

I'm 169/No GPA (Evergreen)/URM(Mexican).

geoduck

Postby geoduck » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:11 am

Well I got the admit package today. Sadly, I got the 'we ran out of money' page. L&C's my first admit and in my favorites... Some scholarship money could push it ahead of everything but GULC and Columbia. I just wish they were revisiting the scholarships before the first seat deposit :? . I'm sending in my LOCI and will probably end up paying the seat deposit just to stay in the running.

mcgillgrad10

Postby mcgillgrad10 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:23 am

Finally got to a 3rd complete date 2/10. But can't log into the admitted students page....

168, 3.48 so a bit confused. oh well.

Kinderby

Postby Kinderby » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:39 am

mcgillgrad10 wrote:Finally got to a 3rd complete date 2/10. But can't log into the admitted students page....

+1

leespese

Postby leespese » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:45 pm

I remember seeing a while back on this thread that some people couldn't log in for a few days after a date change... hopefully that's what's going on for you!

I'm still waiting on a third date change- my most recent was 1/21. Uhhhhh...... when did you all have a second date change?

mcgillgrad10 wrote:Finally got to a 3rd complete date 2/10. But can't log into the admitted students page....

168, 3.48 so a bit confused. oh well.

crit_racer

Postby crit_racer » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:34 pm

just got a date change from complete 1/18-->complete 2/11. Can't log in, though, and I feel optimistic about my chances at this school (169/3.32)

IamAskier

Postby IamAskier » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:41 pm

I've made peace with the fact that I will most likely never hear from L&C. I submitted in early November, and had one date change to 1/14... nothing since. The whole process has really turned me off, one can only get so stressed/angry until the experience ruins the possibility of attending even if admitted.

gefunden

Postby gefunden » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:54 pm

finally changed into 2/9 from 12/20, can't log in,though. I do not feel optimistic in light of my low lsat.. probably next shot, I dont know.

ocbrody

Postby ocbrody » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:00 pm

Pretty sure I just got auto-denied by L&C - submitted on 2/3 (only because of fee waiver) -> rejection e-mail today. Status checker never showed anything other than complete. Granted my GPA is horrific but they could have at least pretended that they took a look at my file!

crit_racer

Postby crit_racer » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:02 pm

ocbrody wrote:Pretty sure I just got auto-denied by L&C - submitted on 2/3 (only because of fee waiver) -> rejection e-mail today. Status checker never showed anything other than complete. Granted my GPA is horrific but they could have at least pretended that they took a look at my file!

how horrific? You must have had a decent LSAT if they gave you a fee waiver

usuallyjustlurks

Postby usuallyjustlurks » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:48 pm

Just got an email saying they've reviewed my application and have not made a decision, but may review it again in a few months...? I should have been an auto-admit number-wise, submitted in October... I was probably not going there anyway and am not super upset, but still a bit surprised. Anyone else get this?

nataliejane38

Postby nataliejane38 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:05 pm

usuallyjustlurks wrote:Just got an email saying they've reviewed my application and have not made a decision, but may review it again in a few months...? I should have been an auto-admit number-wise, submitted in October... I was probably not going there anyway and am not super upset, but still a bit surprised. Anyone else get this?

I just got the same email...I really do want to go there so not sure what to do now...

usuallyjustlurks

Postby usuallyjustlurks » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:11 pm

nataliejane38 wrote:
usuallyjustlurks wrote:Just got an email saying they've reviewed my application and have not made a decision, but may review it again in a few months...? I should have been an auto-admit number-wise, submitted in October... I was probably not going there anyway and am not super upset, but still a bit surprised. Anyone else get this?

I just got the same email...I really do want to go there so not sure what to do now...

I'm sorry: that sucks :( Maybe they are weeding out people like me--and it worked because I just withdrew. It sounds like a pre-waitlist waitlist or something so maybe an LOCI would help you. Best of luck!

crit_racer

Postby crit_racer » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:18 pm

usuallyjustlurks wrote:
nataliejane38 wrote:

I'm sorry: that sucks :( Maybe they are weeding out people like me--and it worked because I just withdrew. It sounds like a pre-waitlist waitlist or something so maybe an LOCI would help you. Best of luck!

what were yoru numbers? Im curious b/c L&C should be a safe bet for me, too, but i really want to go there and probably will if accepted

NorCalBruin

Postby NorCalBruin » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:32 pm

I was willing to withdraw from L&C last week... but three different alumni have called me and talked to me for over 20 min each. If choosing a law school only depended on which one gave you the most attention, L&C would win by a mile.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:33 pm

If you really think your numbers are auto-admit caliber, you may be a victim of yield protection. Write a LOCI or Why L&C essay to make sure L&C knows you do actually want to go there and weren't applying just as a safety you were likely to turn down. My numbers were definitely auto-admit, but my essay postively dripped gooey adoration for the school. (Ironic, since now I am probably not going to go there.)

usuallyjustlurks

Postby usuallyjustlurks » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:01 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:

If you really think your numbers are auto-admit caliber, you may be a victim of yield protection. Write a LOCI or Why L&C essay to make sure L&C knows you do actually want to go there and weren't applying just as a safety you were likely to turn down. My numbers were definitely auto-admit, but my essay postively dripped gooey adoration for the school. (Ironic, since now I am probably not going to go there.)

I actually did address the program specifically in my essay and I used to live in PDX briefly a few years ago and in rural OR for a few years. I have a suspicion my profile as a candidate is too similar to other people they already accepted/have enough of.

To answer the other poster, I'd prefer not to share my exact numbers, but my LSAT is in their median (near the middle) and my gpa is higher than their 75% median: every other applicant on LSN with my numbers in the last 5 years got in, (of course, their softs could have been more impressive, etc. etc.)

Oh well. I have some other offers I'm very happy with. I loved Portland, but I guess going back just isn't in the cards for me. Good luck to the rest of you! And to everyone who's going there: please eat a maple bacon donut for me.
Last edited by usuallyjustlurks on Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seaboot

Postby seaboot » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:02 pm

First occasion to post.

In from the admitted students website today. 3rd complete date of 2/8

Applied in early January

gefunden

Postby gefunden » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:08 pm

I'm in!!!! can log in admitted students. One of the top choices, but has to wait others.
anybody strongly recommends over Case Western? I would like to work in an international scale.

leespese

Postby leespese » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:50 am

nataliejane38 wrote:

I got that too. I thought with my numbers and interst in the school that (I hoped) came through in my essay I'd be okay. Not too sure how to feel about it either... I guess I wish they would just have made a decision so I could move on...

Kinderby

Postby Kinderby » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:57 am

seaboot wrote:In from the admitted students website today. 3rd complete date of 2/8

Applied in early January

ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111 So freaking happy right now, y'all. EEEEEEEee!!!!

usuallyjustlurks

Postby usuallyjustlurks » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:42 am

leespese wrote:
nataliejane38 wrote:

I got that too. I thought with my numbers and interst in the school that (I hoped) came through in my essay I'd be okay. Not too sure how to feel about it either... I guess I wish they would just have made a decision so I could move on...

I thought the email was sort of obnoxious to be honest: "We don't know if we are ever going to make a decision, but we might eventually make a decision. Or maybe not. We'll be sure to think about it at some undetermined point in time."

I guess it's better than an outright rejection and I don't want to be totally sour, but I didn't really like how it was written--turned me off. And I do think it's possible to write a nice rejection or waitlist letter. Berkeley's rejection email was way 'nicer' than L & C's waitlist to the waitlist email, not that it really matters. I'm probably going to Hastings. It was probably a bad idea for me to go back to Portland anyway. I hope you two and any other waitlist to waitlist email recipients who want it more than me get in upon re-consideration. Program looks super cool and I'm sure I'll be the millionth person who says here that Portland is a blast. Have fun :)

seaboot

Postby seaboot » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:54 pm

Kinderby wrote:
seaboot wrote:In from the admitted students website today. 3rd complete date of 2/8

Applied in early January

ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111 So freaking happy right now, y'all. EEEEEEEee!!!!

Congrats!

Any idea how long it takes L&C to send out actual mailed acceptance?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”