Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Ginj
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:53 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby Ginj » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:37 am

McNulty wrote:
mss455 wrote:
McNulty wrote:Got the packet over here in Northern CA today. No $$, which is sad, but there's a letter explaining that they'll probably be able to give more out when April rolls around due to withdrawals and such.

Nice packet though.


When were you able to log in on Admitted Site?

The 20th.


Just an fyi...L&C is notorious for giving out too much money early in the cycle and then sending out "Oops! We ran out" e-mails to later, more impressive applicants.

I know this because I've stalked L&C threads for about 3 years now. :oops:

User avatar
McNulty
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:53 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby McNulty » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:38 pm

Ginj wrote:
McNulty wrote:
mss455 wrote:
McNulty wrote:Got the packet over here in Northern CA today. No $$, which is sad, but there's a letter explaining that they'll probably be able to give more out when April rolls around due to withdrawals and such.

Nice packet though.


When were you able to log in on Admitted Site?

The 20th.


Just an fyi...L&C is notorious for giving out too much money early in the cycle and then sending out "Oops! We ran out" e-mails to later, more impressive applicants.

I know this because I've stalked L&C threads for about 3 years now. :oops:

Haha, I figured as much. I wouldn't say I'm a totally impressive candidate though.

ht2988
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby ht2988 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:05 pm

First complete 12/6 > second complete 1/28... Can't log into the admitted students page so I'm assuming I've been denied.

lsatextreme
Posts: 523
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:18 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby lsatextreme » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:08 pm

ht2988 wrote:First complete 12/6 > second complete 1/28... Can't log into the admitted students page so I'm assuming I've been denied.


ditto

clintone88
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:10 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby clintone88 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:08 pm

McNulty wrote:Haha, I figured as much. I wouldn't say I'm a totally impressive candidate though.


I got $17k/year with pretty similar numbers to yours so there's definitely still some hope

User avatar
Kinderby
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby Kinderby » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:09 pm

ht2988 wrote:First complete 12/6 > second complete 1/28... Can't log into the admitted students page so I'm assuming I've been denied.

I don't know, I was thinking a new Complete date would mean you were actually UR. But maybe I'm just telling myself that because my Complete date's never changed, and I can't get into the site.

clintone88
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:10 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby clintone88 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:09 pm

ht2988 wrote:First complete 12/6 > second complete 1/28... Can't log into the admitted students page so I'm assuming I've been denied.


I couldn't log in until like 3 days after my second complete, and they didn't mail my package until about a week after my second complete, so I wouldn't really fret about this.

mss455
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:58 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby mss455 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:20 pm

Got packet today with $10k award ... and so tuition last year was $35,048. How do I get the other 25k ... do I also qualify for need-based awards/grants? I'm not talking about Federal loans.

User avatar
Kinderby
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby Kinderby » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:23 pm

New complete date today!!11! :) :?

mistermister
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby mistermister » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:14 pm

Had my third date change today, so tried to log-in into the admitted students site. I was able to log-in. This means I'm accepted, right?? Any idea how long until the packet arrives?

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13917
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:29 pm

mistermister wrote:Had my third date change today, so tried to log-in into the admitted students site. I was able to log-in. This means I'm accepted, right?? Any idea how long until the packet arrives?


I live in the Portland area and got mine the first day I could log in. It appears that they mail them the same day they give you access to the site, so just estimate how long USPS takes to transport a letter from Portland to wherever you are!

User avatar
Peekay80
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:44 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby Peekay80 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:22 pm

Got e-mail today that said initial review of my app is complete but a decision could not be reached at this time. They will have a better idea of admissions situation in late April-early May, and give me a second review and possibly send me onto the waitlist at that time if I'm not accepted then.

Short story: I'm on the waitlist for the waitlist. Thanks but no thanks L and C. I will not be moving back to Portland. At least my picture is getting clearer while the wl e-mails are getting more cryptic.

The Pendulum
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:45 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby The Pendulum » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:03 pm

sidhesadie wrote:But even so, the Jefferson thing that guy spoke of is WAY outside the level of conservative you find in the normal population in the rest of the state. Way.


There's nothing right- or left-wing about the Jefferson ethos, it's rural and anti-establishment. It's as much pot-growing hippie commune as gun collecting American Legion member in a lifted 4x4. To me, it's also a culture that's more interesting and permanent than literally identical city people with full sleeve tattoos and beards and armfuls of ironic babies in Portland or San Francisco.

User avatar
McNulty
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:53 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby McNulty » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:33 pm

The Pendulum wrote:
sidhesadie wrote:But even so, the Jefferson thing that guy spoke of is WAY outside the level of conservative you find in the normal population in the rest of the state. Way.


There's nothing right- or left-wing about the Jefferson ethos, it's rural and anti-establishment. It's as much pot-growing hippie commune as gun collecting American Legion member in a lifted 4x4. To me, it's also a culture that's more interesting and permanent than literally identical city people with full sleeve tattoos and beards and armfuls of ironic babies in Portland or San Francisco.

Tell us how you really feel.

User avatar
Adjudicator
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby Adjudicator » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:37 pm

Peekay80 wrote:Got e-mail today that said initial review of my app is complete but a decision could not be reached at this time. They will have a better idea of admissions situation in late April-early May, and give me a second review and possibly send me onto the waitlist at that time if I'm not accepted then.

Short story: I'm on the waitlist for the waitlist. Thanks but no thanks L and C. I will not be moving back to Portland. At least my picture is getting clearer while the wl e-mails are getting more cryptic.


I applied to L&C last cycle. That sounds like the same message that they sent me; "Waitlist for the waitlist," etc. I never ended up getting in. (And now, I'm glad that I didn't, but that's a story for another thread.)

User avatar
bergg007
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 12:21 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby bergg007 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:38 pm

Peekay80 wrote:Got e-mail today that said initial review of my app is complete but a decision could not be reached at this time. They will have a better idea of admissions situation in late April-early May, and give me a second review and possibly send me onto the waitlist at that time if I'm not accepted then.

Short story: I'm on the waitlist for the waitlist. Thanks but no thanks L and C. I will not be moving back to Portland. At least my picture is getting clearer while the wl e-mails are getting more cryptic.



ditto. I couldn't care less.

The Pendulum
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:45 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby The Pendulum » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:19 pm

McNulty wrote:Tell us how you really feel.


You already peaked with Santa Clara.

ht2988
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby ht2988 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:24 pm

Kinderby wrote:
ht2988 wrote:First complete 12/6 > second complete 1/28... Can't log into the admitted students page so I'm assuming I've been denied.

I don't know, I was thinking a new Complete date would mean you were actually UR. But maybe I'm just telling myself that because my Complete date's never changed, and I can't get into the site.


Was able to log into the Admitted Students site! I guess this means I'm in. First acceptance at a top 100 school :)

User avatar
Kinderby
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby Kinderby » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:28 pm

My date changed to 1/28, but I still can't get in. :( If I don't get in here, I'll cry.

User avatar
nataliejane38
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:19 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby nataliejane38 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:33 pm

ht2988 wrote:
Kinderby wrote:
ht2988 wrote:First complete 12/6 > second complete 1/28... Can't log into the admitted students page so I'm assuming I've been denied.

I don't know, I was thinking a new Complete date would mean you were actually UR. But maybe I'm just telling myself that because my Complete date's never changed, and I can't get into the site.


Was able to log into the Admitted Students site! I guess this means I'm in. First acceptance at a top 100 school :)


Congrats!!

I'm still waiting...

ht2988
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby ht2988 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:40 pm

nataliejane38 wrote:
ht2988 wrote:
Kinderby wrote:
ht2988 wrote:First complete 12/6 > second complete 1/28... Can't log into the admitted students page so I'm assuming I've been denied.

I don't know, I was thinking a new Complete date would mean you were actually UR. But maybe I'm just telling myself that because my Complete date's never changed, and I can't get into the site.


Was able to log into the Admitted Students site! I guess this means I'm in. First acceptance at a top 100 school :)


Congrats!!

I'm still waiting...


Thanks :) I'm very excited about the environmental law program here - and the location is to die for!

User avatar
McNulty
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:53 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby McNulty » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:43 pm

The Pendulum wrote:
McNulty wrote:Tell us how you really feel.


You already peaked with Santa Clara.

Thanks?

edit: I appreciate the ad-hominem, but the main point of my post is that your beef with city people is interesting. I wouldn't call myself a city-person (maybe a townsperson 'cuz of Oakland, right?), but the hip demographic in SF or Portland isn't that overwhelming. You can avoid the Mission if you really need to. I did. Hell, downtown SF is filled with go-getter software engineers/finance folk who would never even think about going near Zeitgeist.

LuBru
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby LuBru » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:04 pm

.
Last edited by LuBru on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seriously????
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:15 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby seriously???? » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:37 am

For those accepted, when did you receive scholly info? Thanks.

radio-edit
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:11 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby radio-edit » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:07 pm

seriously???? wrote:For those accepted, when did you receive scholly info? Thanks.


Mine came with my acceptance stuff.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carlos_danger, lillawyer2, notsolawful, Solidfood, TudoBem and 16 guests