Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
katjust

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby katjust » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:40 pm

JayWilTheBoat wrote:
jarofsoup wrote:I got rejected. But I have been waitlisted and accepted to schools with higher rankings and better career prospects.. weird. But I did not want to live in the boons any way.

If by the boons you mean the pacific NW, you're misguided at best.

Suppose it could be to someone from the east coast. However, I wonder why he/she applied if he/she did not want to live in the area.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:48 pm

JayWilTheBoat wrote:
jarofsoup wrote:I got rejected. But I have been waitlisted and accepted to schools with higher rankings and better career prospects.. weird. But I did not want to live in the boons any way.

If by the boons you mean the pacific NW, you're misguided at best.

Aw, leave him alone... he's got a case of sour grapes and Portland is hard to insult. :P

Orko

Postby Orko » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:53 pm

Denied. So much for it helping to apply early in the cycle.

Complete date is still 12/20, so I assume they knew then that they'd deny me. So glad they let me wait an extra 38 days to find out...
Last edited by Orko on Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

McNulty

Postby McNulty » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:54 pm

Still waiting on that packet. Second complete date was 1/20/11.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:03 pm

The school is not located in the City area of Portland it is in the burbs. Maybe boons was the wrong word, but that area of Portland is more rural than other areas.

I applied because I liked the campus and the pacific northwest with the exception of the imaginary and libertarian state of Jefferson that exist between Northern Cal and South Oregon.

But in reality it would be a hard place to find work after graduation and I want to live in California.

On a different note the admission office has some strange outreach to the SF Bay Area. For instance, they had a talk in SF at Winston Strawn about the strong almuni network in SF from Lewis and Clark. There is only one person from Lewis and Clark working at Winston Strawn. Its a strange message to send to applicants.

katjust

Postby katjust » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:09 pm

jarofsoup wrote:The school is not located in the City area of Portland it is in the burbs. Maybe boons was the wrong word, but that area of Portland is more rural than other areas.

I applied because I liked the campus and the pacific northwest with the exception of the imaginary and libertarian state of Jefferson that exist between Northern Cal and South Oregon.

But in reality it would be a hard place to find work after graduation and I want to live in California.

On a different note the admission office has some strange outreach to the SF Bay Area. For instance, they had a talk in SF at Winston Strawn about the strong almuni network in SF from Lewis and Clark. There is only one person from Lewis and Clark working at Winston Strawn. Its a strange message to send to applicants.

Where exactly is this Jefferson? I am considering moving there.

sizzlechest

Postby sizzlechest » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:14 pm

Rejected via email....uuggghhhh...I love the PNW and really wanted to get in here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to everyone in!

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/sizzlechest/jd

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:24 pm

katjust wrote:
jarofsoup wrote:The school is not located in the City area of Portland it is in the burbs. Maybe boons was the wrong word, but that area of Portland is more rural than other areas.

Where exactly is this Jefferson? I am considering moving there.

http://www.jeffersonstate.com/. Some weird facts about Jefferson is that there are signs everywhere that say welcome to Jeffereson and they have their own public radio...

JayWilTheBoat

Postby JayWilTheBoat » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:59 pm

I hope you aren't serious about the state of Jefferson. I'm from southern Oregon and well sorry to disappoint you but that is long dead. It's just some rural radicals in northern Cal. And I live in Portland. While you are correct that LC is in the burbs, it's not even 5 minutes from downtown. Portland is really tight knit and getting from burns to downtown is nothing.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:16 pm

Rural = farmland
Lewis & Clark area ≠ farmland

It's not an urban campus, true, but it's hardly in the suburbs. It's not in Beaverton or (god forbid) Gresham. Portland is not a huge sprawl, so L&C is a quick trip to the downtown core.

If you don't want to go there for legit reasons (like employment), super. I probably won't be going there either, for my own reasons. But you don't have to be an idiot about it.

clintone88

Postby clintone88 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:45 pm

mss455 wrote:
clintone88 wrote:
mss455 wrote:How long does it take to be able to log into Admitted Site and to get something in the mail.

I am in Louisiana - I was able to log in last Friday (1/21)

I'm in Wisconsin and it took 10 days for me. I logged in on Friday, 14th and got my package yesterday, 24th, and it was dated 18th.

Did you apply to Wisconsin as well?? .... I also got in at Madison. Thank you. Sehz !!!!

I applied to Madison but got WL'd, kind of a surprise but I'm not too upset. I have a guaranteed job in WI/IL at an NLJ250 if I want it no matter where I go, but I've lived in the Midwest my whole life and I really want to get out if possible. Going to Madison will basically ensure that I'll never be able to leave WI/IL.

sidhesadie

Postby sidhesadie » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:55 pm

Yeah, L&C is literally at most 10 minutes from the downtown core. Seriously...it isn't anything remotely resembling the boonies. It's definitely not in any type of rural or outlying area from downtown. It is in a residential area if that's what you mean by 'suburban' but if by that you mean 'way out of town' then that's just incorrect.

I mean, I'm all for coming up with 'I didn't want to go there anyway because of XYZ" (I think there's even a whole thread for that, lol) but just for the other people on here who aren't from Oregon, I just want to reassure that L&C is REALLY quite close to downtown, and I've lived in Oregon my entire life and have never heard of this Jefferson thing, lol. Bunch of radicals, no bearing on anything.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:25 pm

sidhesadie wrote:Yeah, L&C is literally at most 10 minutes from the downtown core. Seriously...it isn't anything remotely resembling the boonies. It's definitely not in any type of rural or outlying area from downtown. It is in a residential area if that's what you mean by 'suburban' but if by that you mean 'way out of town' then that's just incorrect.

I mean, I'm all for coming up with 'I didn't want to go there anyway because of XYZ" (I think there's even a whole thread for that, lol) but just for the other people on here who aren't from Oregon, I just want to reassure that L&C is REALLY quite close to downtown, and I've lived in Oregon my entire life and have never heard of this Jefferson thing, lol. Bunch of radicals, no bearing on anything.

People seem to expect all Oregonians to be tree-hugging liberals, but what we reconfirm every election year is that like 90% of the state, by area, is flaming red conservative. What the election map doesn't show is that all of about twelve people live in that 90% of the state, and pretty much all statewide issues are decided by firmly blue Portland and Eugene, where something like 3/4 of the population lives.

There definitely are people crazy enough for that Jefferson thing living in southern and/or eastern Oregon. But it's not a movement of any significance or relevance. And since there's nothing worth visiting in that 90% of the state except for Crater Lake, we just pretend they don't exist.

JayWilTheBoat

Postby JayWilTheBoat » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:20 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
sidhesadie wrote:Yeah, L&C is literally at most 10 minutes from the downtown core. Seriously...it isn't anything remotely resembling the boonies. It's definitely not in any type of rural or outlying area from downtown. It is in a residential area if that's what you mean by 'suburban' but if by that you mean 'way out of town' then that's just incorrect.

People seem to expect all Oregonians to be tree-hugging liberals, but what we reconfirm every election year is that like 90% of the state, by area, is flaming red conservative. What the election map doesn't show is that all of about twelve people live in that 90% of the state, and pretty much all statewide issues are decided by firmly blue Portland and Eugene, where something like 3/4 of the population lives.

There definitely are people crazy enough for that Jefferson thing living in southern and/or eastern Oregon. But it's not a movement of any significance or relevance. And since there's nothing worth visiting in that 90% of the state except for Crater Lake, we just pretend they don't exist.

All of Oregon is incredible. Nothing worth visiting? We have excellent beaches up and down the coast, the mountains in central Oregon are magnificent, the desert in eastern Oregon is beautiful... This entire state is breathtaking. My guess is you haven't left Portland much... And the whole state aside from pdx and eugene aren't "flaming red conservative." Much of Southern/coastal Oregon, plus the Bend area is like 50/50.

sidhesadie

Postby sidhesadie » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:39 pm

I have spent the last 15 years in Bend, and there's plenty beautiful in that area, lol. Mt Bachelor? Cascade lakes highway? Lake Billy Chinook? Painted hills outside Mitchell?
I've also spent a lot of time in Ashland & Jacksonville in Southern Oregon...
Rouge River anyone? Happy Camp area?
Eastern Oregon- Joseph is amazing, and the drive through eastern Oregon from bend to Boise is unbelievably beautiful.

There's WAY more to this state than Portland!!!
However, it is absolutely true that basically, however Multnomah County votes is what ends up happening regardless of the rest of the state, and that Central Oregon over to the east from there is more conservative.
But even so, the Jefferson thing that guy spoke of is WAY outside the level of conservative you find in the normal population in the rest of the state. Way.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:43 pm

I was joking about Jeffereson it is just something amusing to note if you drive from Ca to Oregon.

Oregon is way beautiful so is Washington.

sidhesadie

Postby sidhesadie » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:05 pm

I think it's funny that in Weed, California on the border they have the "Weed Store". lol.

JayWilTheBoat

Postby JayWilTheBoat » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:18 pm

sidhesadie wrote:I think it's funny that in Weed, California on the border they have the "Weed Store". lol.

Lol yeah if anyone ever drives through Weed, you can get a shirt in like any of the stores that says "I got high on Weed, California." It's in the mountains... :)

sidhesadie

Postby sidhesadie » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:29 pm

Here's some pictures for the people who've never been outside the portland metro area (Or, never have been to Oregon at all)
I took these around Central Oregon. I think the variety of landscape an hour or so in any direction is pretty flippin cool. The painted hills are a little farther (hour and 45 minutes or so) but other than that this is all right in Central Oregon. :) Just my pictures from my camera, so no guarantees of quality!!Image
--ImageRemoved--
--ImageRemoved--
--ImageRemoved--

amers73

Postby amers73 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:34 pm

^^ Those are awesome!

Kinderby

Postby Kinderby » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:35 pm

I want to go to there.

sidhesadie

Postby sidhesadie » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:35 pm

Thanks! A couple good ones didn't show up there...not sure why, they are in my photobucket. Must have messed up the code.

McNulty

Postby McNulty » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:27 pm

Got the packet over here in Northern CA today. No $$, which is sad, but there's a letter explaining that they'll probably be able to give more out when April rolls around due to withdrawals and such.

Nice packet though.

mss455

Postby mss455 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:21 am

McNulty wrote:Got the packet over here in Northern CA today. No $$, which is sad, but there's a letter explaining that they'll probably be able to give more out when April rolls around due to withdrawals and such.

Nice packet though.

When were you able to log in on Admitted Site?

McNulty

Postby McNulty » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:44 am

mss455 wrote:
McNulty wrote:Got the packet over here in Northern CA today. No $$, which is sad, but there's a letter explaining that they'll probably be able to give more out when April rolls around due to withdrawals and such.

Nice packet though.

When were you able to log in on Admitted Site?

The 20th.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”