Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
masochist
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby masochist » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:42 pm

As much as I like Portland, I can't make the cost of L and C work. I'll be mailing in my withdrawal today. Good luck, everyone, and I hope they keep my scholarship money within the TLS family.

mss455
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:58 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby mss455 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:59 pm

How long does it take to be able to log into Admitted Site and to get something in the mail.

I am in Louisiana - I was able to log in last Friday (1/21)

wokeemilo
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:32 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby wokeemilo » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:07 pm

mss455 wrote:How long does it take to be able to log into Admitted Site and to get something in the mail.

I am in Louisiana - I was able to log in last Friday (1/21)


+1 for being able to log in on Friday. I think people on here said it took about 5 days.

User avatar
Kinderby
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby Kinderby » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:08 pm

Does your status date change when it goes from Complete to "Under Review"? I know they don't ever say IR/UR (urg) but my date is still 1/7 which is about a day after I submitted. How long from complete/(date change?) to Admitted Students website?

User avatar
Orko
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:48 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby Orko » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:13 pm

Kinderby wrote:Does your status date change when it goes from Complete to "Under Review"? I know they don't ever say IR/UR (urg) but my date is still 1/7 which is about a day after I submitted. How long from complete/(date change?) to Admitted Students website?


Unless they're starting to streamline the process, you should see multiple date changes. I've seen 3 (originally 10/4, 12/2, and 12/20) and I still can't login. Frustrating to say the least. It's been a looong month.

snldude
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:02 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby snldude » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:24 pm

masochist wrote:As much as I like Portland, I can't make the cost of L and C work. I'll be mailing in my withdrawal today. Good luck, everyone, and I hope they keep my scholarship money within the TLS family.

Dear Dean, please give me masochist's money.

User avatar
Orko
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:48 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby Orko » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:29 pm

snldude wrote:
masochist wrote:As much as I like Portland, I can't make the cost of L and C work. I'll be mailing in my withdrawal today. Good luck, everyone, and I hope they keep my scholarship money within the TLS family.

Dear Dean, please give me masochist's money.


If that happens, I call dibs on your scholly money.

clintone88
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:10 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby clintone88 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:42 pm

mss455 wrote:How long does it take to be able to log into Admitted Site and to get something in the mail.

I am in Louisiana - I was able to log in last Friday (1/21)


I'm in Wisconsin and it took 10 days for me. I logged in on Friday, 14th and got my package yesterday, 24th, and it was dated 18th.

User avatar
snapdragon
Posts: 766
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:34 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby snapdragon » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:05 pm

Withdrew today as well. It's a great school, best of luck to everyone waiting!

mss455
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:58 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby mss455 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:34 pm

clintone88 wrote:
mss455 wrote:How long does it take to be able to log into Admitted Site and to get something in the mail.

I am in Louisiana - I was able to log in last Friday (1/21)


I'm in Wisconsin and it took 10 days for me. I logged in on Friday, 14th and got my package yesterday, 24th, and it was dated 18th.


I was excited to see a big envelope today in my mail box from L&C but it was only a Practical Skills brochure lol.

User avatar
theavrock
Posts: 601
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:52 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby theavrock » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:54 pm

anyone know whats up with the admitted students site?

Used to be you logged in with your birth year and email. Now it's asking for username and password. I looked on my admittance letter and it just said to log in with birth year and email.

User avatar
McNulty
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:53 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby McNulty » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:31 pm

Heh, I noticed a pretty egregious typo on a button in the admitted students portion of the site. E-mailed them so they could fix. Wonder how long until that happens. If only I had access to their ftp...

sidhesadie
Posts: 454
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby sidhesadie » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:53 pm

Your username IS your email and your password is your year of birth (all four digits).
I just did it again to make sure nothing changed, works fine.

User avatar
theavrock
Posts: 601
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:52 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby theavrock » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:11 am

sidhesadie wrote:Your username IS your email and your password is your year of birth (all four digits).
I just did it again to make sure nothing changed, works fine.


Those tricky bastards! :)

JayWilTheBoat
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:02 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby JayWilTheBoat » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:48 am

I was accepted a couple of weeks back. Today a prof called me to congratulate me and follow up. We talked for awhile about the school, he answered questions, and gave me his info in case I had any other questions for him. He also is sending an email to me with some info that I inquired about and some info for another prof to get in contact with. Did anyone else get a call?

LSATurday
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:23 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby LSATurday » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:25 am

I had a dream last night that I got 3 mailings from LC today. This morning as soon as I woke up I checked my mail and saw a legal sized envelope from LC Law admissions....

It was some bs junk mailer.

I went to LC undergrad, even took a class at the law school, don't send me this crap. More than any of the 24 other schools I applied to.

User avatar
kalede
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:59 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby kalede » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:26 am

JayWilTheBoat wrote:I was accepted a couple of weeks back. Today a prof called me to congratulate me and follow up. We talked for awhile about the school, he answered questions, and gave me his info in case I had any other questions for him. He also is sending an email to me with some info that I inquired about and some info for another prof to get in contact with. Did anyone else get a call?


I got a call today too, from a retired lawyer in the Portland area who is affiliated with the school. Haha, kind of caught me off guard, though... I wish I had had a bit more time to think up some better questions. He did give me his email address though, in case I thought of anything else.

Who all is headed to the accepted students day in March?

User avatar
LeDique
Posts: 12748
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby LeDique » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:26 am

kalede wrote:
JayWilTheBoat wrote:I was accepted a couple of weeks back. Today a prof called me to congratulate me and follow up. We talked for awhile about the school, he answered questions, and gave me his info in case I had any other questions for him. He also is sending an email to me with some info that I inquired about and some info for another prof to get in contact with. Did anyone else get a call?


I got a call today too, from a retired lawyer in the Portland area who is affiliated with the school. Haha, kind of caught me off guard, though... I wish I had had a bit more time to think up some better questions. He did give me his email address though, in case I thought of anything else.

Who all is headed to the accepted students day in March?


I'll be there - I got a call last Fri that completely caught me off guard. I was in the middle of some stuff, and didn't actually have any questions. I just said "uhhh can't think of anything right now - coming out for asw so hopefully that will answer a lot"

User avatar
Pink
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby Pink » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:32 am

I got an e-mail yesterday from someone who is an alum of Lewis and Clark but works where I live. Caught me off guard as well, haven't responded yet, but am very impressed!

User avatar
oldhippie
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby oldhippie » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:34 am

wow, i'm glad for the head's up about these calls and emails. i would have been caught totally off guard!! now at least i know what to expect if i get an unfamiliar number calling...

mss455
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:58 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby mss455 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:12 pm

clintone88 wrote:
mss455 wrote:How long does it take to be able to log into Admitted Site and to get something in the mail.

I am in Louisiana - I was able to log in last Friday (1/21)


I'm in Wisconsin and it took 10 days for me. I logged in on Friday, 14th and got my package yesterday, 24th, and it was dated 18th.


Did you apply to Wisconsin as well?? .... I also got in at Madison. Thank you. Sehz !!!!

JayWilTheBoat
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:02 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby JayWilTheBoat » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:17 pm

kalede wrote:
JayWilTheBoat wrote:I was accepted a couple of weeks back. Today a prof called me to congratulate me and follow up. We talked for awhile about the school, he answered questions, and gave me his info in case I had any other questions for him. He also is sending an email to me with some info that I inquired about and some info for another prof to get in contact with. Did anyone else get a call?


I got a call today too, from a retired lawyer in the Portland area who is affiliated with the school. Haha, kind of caught me off guard, though... I wish I had had a bit more time to think up some better questions. He did give me his email address though, in case I thought of anything else.

Who all is headed to the accepted students day in March?


I'll be there. I live in pdx so no reason not to!

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby jarofsoup » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:08 pm

I got rejected. But I have been waitlisted and accepted to schools with higher rankings and better career prospects.. weird. But I did not want to live in the boons any way.

stheskier
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby stheskier » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:31 pm

I also received a rejection by email today.

JayWilTheBoat
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:02 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby JayWilTheBoat » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:38 pm

jarofsoup wrote:I got rejected. But I have been waitlisted and accepted to schools with higher rankings and better career prospects.. weird. But I did not want to live in the boons any way.


If by the boons you mean the pacific NW, you're misguided at best.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”