Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13917
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:32 pm

crit_racer wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVmq9dq6Nsg

new show on IFC: Portlandia. Pretty funny trailer/music video


You can watch the whole first episode on Hulu

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13311
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby JenDarby » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:35 pm

sidhesadie wrote:
JenDarby wrote:http://www.katu.com/news/local/114259129.html

While you wait...a little taste of Portland.

Ha! That's awesome Jen. I saw that on the news.
Oh, P.S., for everyone who wonders about rain here....it's raining. Again. LOL

At first I was actually a bit excited, then I realized that just like service dogs, I'm sure you wouldn't be able to pet people's mini horses. :(
I am really excited for the supposed rainless, in the 50s, weekend, though I'm not counting on it!

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13917
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:39 pm

JenDarby wrote:
sidhesadie wrote:
JenDarby wrote:http://www.katu.com/news/local/114259129.html

While you wait...a little taste of Portland.

Ha! That's awesome Jen. I saw that on the news.
Oh, P.S., for everyone who wonders about rain here....it's raining. Again. LOL

At first I was actually a bit excited, then I realized that just like service dogs, I'm sure you wouldn't be able to pet people's mini horses. :(
I am really excited for the supposed rainless, in the 50s, weekend, though I'm not counting on it!


This weather's been an absolute disaster on the mountain...2 weeks in a row of warm, rainy crap. There should be 30" more snow base up there by now.

sidhesadie
Posts: 454
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby sidhesadie » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:58 pm

:D
Finally got my big envelope from L&C! They are such teases, they DO love me!
In with lotsa money!!!

I"m going to Lewis and Clark, WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!

tsutsik
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:26 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby tsutsik » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:42 pm

Congrats sidhesadie! Is L & C your top choice?

sidhesadie
Posts: 454
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby sidhesadie » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:13 pm

Yes, because I really want to work with the National Crime Victim's Law Institute, at L&C .
:D

User avatar
McNulty
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:53 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby McNulty » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:30 pm

I can now log into the admitted students portion of the site - guess I'm in?

Still waiting on a letter / packet or what not.

mss455
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:58 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby mss455 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:55 pm

I'm able to log on the Admitted Students Web site ... but I have not been notified by email or mail or anything. I'm wondering .... Status Checker says: "


Current Status: Application File Complete
Current Status Date: 1/21/2011

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13917
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:03 am

mss455 wrote:I'm able to log on the Admitted Students Web site ... but I have not been notified by email or mail or anything. I'm wondering .... Status Checker says: "


Current Status: Application File Complete
Current Status Date: 1/21/2011


As it says at the top of the status checker page, 'file complete' is the furthest it ever goes. If you can get into the admitted students site, you'll be getting an envelope in the next couple of days. I got my letter the same day I could first log in, but I live in the Portland area.

snowfight
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby snowfight » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:10 am

INNN!!! I went out to take a look at the school as I'll be out of the country from Thursday - april 11 and wouldn't otherwise have time. I asked the admissions officer if she could tell me when I might find out (as I was taking to her anyway) and she told me I got in with $25 k!
yayayay. The envelope was here was I got home. ha.

mss455
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:58 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby mss455 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:27 am

rinkrat19 wrote:
mss455 wrote:I'm able to log on the Admitted Students Web site ... but I have not been notified by email or mail or anything. I'm wondering .... Status Checker says: "


Current Status: Application File Complete
Current Status Date: 1/21/2011


As it says at the top of the status checker page, 'file complete' is the furthest it ever goes. If you can get into the admitted students site, you'll be getting an envelope in the next couple of days. I got my letter the same day I could first log in, but I live in the Portland area.


Wooop ... woop !!!!! This is really awesome ... I hope to get some $$$ in as well - this is my third acceptance after LSU and Wisconsin !!!

User avatar
Kinderby
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby Kinderby » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:26 am

rinkrat19 wrote:As it says at the top of the status checker page, 'file complete' is the furthest it ever goes.

I didn't realize that!! I've kept waiting to go UR there! Well now I have to check the admitted students website.

Although I've only been complete for a few weeks, and probably will have to wait more.

eta:
Nope, not yet. :?

sidhesadie
Posts: 454
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby sidhesadie » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:46 am

Yeah my status checker never changed either, and I got the envelope in the mail about 5 days after I was able to log into admitted students. (and I live in Portland, which means they hadn't mailed it yet when I was able to log in).
HTH!

User avatar
NorCalBruin
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:58 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby NorCalBruin » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:50 pm

In today!!!! WahoOoo!

This sounds selfish, but I was really hoping for a full tuition scholarship. I know, I know... I got 26k a year, which isn't bad, but I don't think I can turn down T14 for Lewis & Clark with 26k y/r. ARGHh11!!

Anyone know if they negotiate? I have a full tuition scholarship so far from one significantly higher ranked school (Washington & Lee) and a few other schollies at a few other schools. Thoughts?

User avatar
Orko
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:48 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby Orko » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:54 pm

I think they lost my application.

mss455
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:58 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby mss455 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:57 pm

NorCalBruin wrote:In today!!!! WahoOoo!

This sounds selfish, but I was really hoping for a full tuition scholarship. I know, I know... I got 26k a year, which isn't bad, but I don't think I can turn down T14 for Lewis & Clark with 26k y/r. ARGHh11!!

Anyone know if they negotiate? I have a full tuition scholarship so far from one significantly higher ranked school (Washington & Lee) and a few other schollies at a few other schools. Thoughts?


Congratulationsss ... L&C has the #1 or #2 Environmental Law program in the country, if this is what you want to do, then definitely this is wayyyy better than W&L (ranked mid 30s). Plus, I'ld live in Portland than Lexington (town of nothing I heard).

I am able to login on Admitted Students site but have not gotten any info yet: email nor mail.

User avatar
NorCalBruin
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:58 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby NorCalBruin » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:07 pm

mss455 wrote:
NorCalBruin wrote:In today!!!! WahoOoo!

This sounds selfish, but I was really hoping for a full tuition scholarship. I know, I know... I got 26k a year, which isn't bad, but I don't think I can turn down T14 for Lewis & Clark with 26k y/r. ARGHh11!!

Anyone know if they negotiate? I have a full tuition scholarship so far from one significantly higher ranked school (Washington & Lee) and a few other schollies at a few other schools. Thoughts?


Congratulationsss ... L&C has the #1 or #2 Environmental Law program in the country, if this is what you want to do, then definitely this is wayyyy better than W&L (ranked mid 30s). Plus, I'ld live in Portland than Lexington (town of nothing I heard).

I am able to login on Admitted Students site but have not gotten any info yet: email nor mail.


Sadly, I don't want to practice environmental law, nor do I put much stock in specialty rankings. :-( I just like Lewis & Clark because I really like Portland. I'm not saying I want to go to W&L (although it is tempting), I'm asking if I can use the full tuition scholarship there (at L&C) as leverage.

mss455
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:58 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby mss455 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:08 pm

NorCalBruin wrote:
mss455 wrote:
NorCalBruin wrote:In today!!!! WahoOoo!

This sounds selfish, but I was really hoping for a full tuition scholarship. I know, I know... I got 26k a year, which isn't bad, but I don't think I can turn down T14 for Lewis & Clark with 26k y/r. ARGHh11!!

Anyone know if they negotiate? I have a full tuition scholarship so far from one significantly higher ranked school (Washington & Lee) and a few other schollies at a few other schools. Thoughts?


Congratulationsss ... L&C has the #1 or #2 Environmental Law program in the country, if this is what you want to do, then definitely this is wayyyy better than W&L (ranked mid 30s). Plus, I'ld live in Portland than Lexington (town of nothing I heard).

I am able to login on Admitted Students site but have not gotten any info yet: email nor mail.


Sadly, I don't want to practice environmental law, nor do I put much stock in specialty rankings. :-( I just like Lewis & Clark because I really like Portland. I'm not saying I want to go to W&L (although it is tempting), I'm asking if I can use the full tuition scholarship there (at L&C) as leverage.


Trying never hurts... GL !!!!

The Pendulum
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:45 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby The Pendulum » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:19 pm

Not worth the hassle if you've already basically admitted you don't really want to go to L&C. Giving up a T14 for a 2T is foolish, IMO.

User avatar
amers73
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby amers73 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:20 pm

In! With 16k/yr :D I've visited the school and I love Portland so we'll see!

clintone88
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:10 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby clintone88 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:38 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
crit_racer wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVmq9dq6Nsg

new show on IFC: Portlandia. Pretty funny trailer/music video


You can watch the whole first episode on Hulu


Someone please tell me adult hide and seek leagues is a real thing in Portland...that would be the greatest thing ever.

User avatar
fiery_searcher
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:08 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby fiery_searcher » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:40 pm

In with $26K per year! Renewable with a 2.95. Super excited as I want to go into Environmental Law. I've never been to Portland, but it looks beautiful. Can't wait to visit in March!
:D

snldude
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:02 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby snldude » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:47 pm

in with 25k/yr. does anyone know if they offer need based $ on top of this, or will this be it?

User avatar
McNulty
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:53 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby McNulty » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:14 pm

snldude wrote:in with 25k/yr. does anyone know if they offer need based $ on top of this, or will this be it?

I may be horribly mistaken... but the only need-based aid one is able to receive would be something like a Pell Grant. I did some searching around L&C's website and it doesn't say much about need-based aid.

katjust
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:49 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby katjust » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:50 pm

McNulty wrote:
snldude wrote:in with 25k/yr. does anyone know if they offer need based $ on top of this, or will this be it?

I may be horribly mistaken... but the only need-based aid one is able to receive would be something like a Pell Grant. I did some searching around L&C's website and it doesn't say much about need-based aid.



As a student I've never heard of any need based extra aid for 1L's. You can apply for scholarships in the spring of 1L, many of which consider need. Of course, there are only around 10-15 scholarships.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dsberkeley, Hopefullawkid2015, Long shot hero, mintchocolatechip, nerdylsat, proteinshake, RictusErectus, Sawtooth and 26 guests