Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13915
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:08 pm

LeDique wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote: Can I get the $400 to pay for my 20-minute drive? ;-) (Not that I've been f'ing ACCEPTED yet.)


Since you're local, maybe you can help - I'm looking to go out and ski Mt. Hood for the day. I've been trying to find a good shuttle service that will take me out in the morning and back at night. Do you know of anything? And I'd likely want to go to Meadows, right?


What, did my avatar tip you off? ;-) I've had a season pass at Meadows the past 4 years. Meadows has the most terrain by far, although some people swear by Timberline because it's higher on the mountain. Skibowl will likely be closed by March for lack of snow.

Meadows has a ski bus that runs on weekends pretty much the whole season. Bus + lift ticket is a good deal.
--LinkRemoved--

Too bad ASW isn't the next weekend, because that's March Madness at Meadows. Live music, BBQ on the deck, crazy races and water-skimming contests, demo days, etc. (Although the BBQ and music do happen most weekends in the spring.)

msu1077
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:27 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby msu1077 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:18 pm

My "Application File Complete" status has changed 3 times now...most recently today. I guess I should be optimistic, considering their disclaimer at the top.

At least, someone has heard back! Congrats LeDique!

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13298
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby JenDarby » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:21 pm

Perhaps one day I will make the mile drive and actually visit L&C.
Last edited by JenDarby on Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LeDique
Posts: 12715
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby LeDique » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:25 pm

I'm curious about something - most of you have similar, if not better numbers to me. Did any of you write a Why L&C? I didn't want to risk getting YP'ed, so I did. Wondering if that's why I heard back already.

stheskier
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby stheskier » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:26 pm

LeDique wrote:I'm curious about something - most of you have similar, if not better numbers to me. Did any of you write a Why L&C? I didn't want to risk getting YP'ed, so I did. Wondering if that's why I heard back already.



I wrote a really good one actually. I hope to hear from them soon. :D

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13298
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby JenDarby » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:28 pm

LeDique wrote:I'm curious about something - most of you have similar, if not better numbers to me. Did any of you write a Why L&C? I didn't want to risk getting YP'ed, so I did. Wondering if that's why I heard back already.


I didn't write one. To be completely honest, I would love to get out of the NW, so I am almost hoping I don't get a really good offer.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13915
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:07 pm

LeDique wrote:I'm curious about something - most of you have similar, if not better numbers to me. Did any of you write a Why L&C? I didn't want to risk getting YP'ed, so I did. Wondering if that's why I heard back already.


I didn't, but my PS for L&C had an extra paragraph in it that pretty much amounted to a 'Why L&C'.

The longer L&C takes to send me a m'f'ing decision, the better and better Northwestern is looking, sticker price or no. *glares in the general direction of Tryon Creek State Park*

illwill
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:06 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby illwill » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:26 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
LeDique wrote:I'm curious about something - most of you have similar, if not better numbers to me. Did any of you write a Why L&C? I didn't want to risk getting YP'ed, so I did. Wondering if that's why I heard back already.


I didn't, but my PS for L&C had an extra paragraph in it that pretty much amounted to a 'Why L&C'.

The longer L&C takes to send me a m'f'ing decision, the better and better Northwestern is looking, sticker price or no. *glares in the general direction of Tryon Creek State Park*



Between Northwestern vs. L&C? That's an interesting comparison to have. Is this purely a $$$ thing (hopeful at least) or is there something specific about L&C that appeals to you?

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13915
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:51 pm

illwill wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
LeDique wrote:I'm curious about something - most of you have similar, if not better numbers to me. Did any of you write a Why L&C? I didn't want to risk getting YP'ed, so I did. Wondering if that's why I heard back already.


I didn't, but my PS for L&C had an extra paragraph in it that pretty much amounted to a 'Why L&C'.

The longer L&C takes to send me a m'f'ing decision, the better and better Northwestern is looking, sticker price or no. *glares in the general direction of Tryon Creek State Park*



Between Northwestern vs. L&C? That's an interesting comparison to have. Is this purely a $$$ thing (hopeful at least) or is there something specific about L&C that appeals to you?


I live here. Not quitting my job so I could keep paying my mortgage appealed to me. :) Plus, presumably attending L&C on a hefty scholarship vs. a buttload of loans for Northwestern.

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13298
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby JenDarby » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:59 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:I live here. Not quitting my job so I could keep paying my mortgage appealed to me. :) Plus, presumably attending L&C on a hefty scholarship vs. a buttload of loans for Northwestern.


just find some tls renters in the admit thread. :wink:

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13298
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby JenDarby » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:05 pm

Received my acceptance today, in with 21k!

edit: I didn't finish reading the letter, 21k/year, so 63k!!
Last edited by JenDarby on Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Pink
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby Pink » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:06 pm

JenDarby wrote:Received my acceptance today, in with 21k!


Hooray! Congrats! :) Dates?

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13298
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby JenDarby » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:14 pm

Pink wrote:
JenDarby wrote:Received my acceptance today, in with 21k!


Hooray! Congrats! :) Dates?


Thanks! submitted 11/26, complete 11/29

The only update I had was complete 1/3.

For what it's worth, I live in Portland.

User avatar
Pink
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby Pink » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:16 pm

JenDarby wrote:
Pink wrote:
JenDarby wrote:Received my acceptance today, in with 21k!


Hooray! Congrats! :) Dates?


Thanks! submitted 11/26, complete 11/29

The only update I had was complete 1/3.

For what it's worth, I live in Portland.


:shock: My last complete date was 1/3. I'm going to pray that this is a sign of good things to come. :) You're on a roll today! Lend me your good luck when you're done with it? ;)

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13298
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby JenDarby » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:19 pm

Pink wrote: :shock: My last complete date was 1/3. I'm going to pray that this is a sign of good things to come. :) You're on a roll today! Lend me your good luck when you're done with it? ;)


Hopefully that's a sign and you have good news coming your way! Today has definitely been a good day so far! :D

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13915
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:31 pm

JenDarby wrote:Received my acceptance today, in with 21k!

edit: I didn't finish reading the letter, 21k/year, so 63k!!


Congrats! 8)

It's about damn time. Yeesh.

Our numbers are similar and I actually submitted before you, so I'd better have something waiting in my mailbox when I get home, too!

User avatar
snapdragon
Posts: 766
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:34 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby snapdragon » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:41 pm

Congrats Jen!! I'm at 1/3 too, so I hope that means good things.

User avatar
deja
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:51 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby deja » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:52 pm

snapdragon wrote:Congrats Jen!! I'm at 1/3 too, so I hope that means good things.


Same boat - way to go Jen! You give us all hope :D

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13298
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby JenDarby » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:00 pm

Thanks everyone! I imagine there is a lot of good news coming in the next couple days.
Last edited by JenDarby on Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dj666
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:33 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby dj666 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:05 pm

JenDarby wrote:Received my acceptance today, in with 21k!

edit: I didn't finish reading the letter, 21k/year, so 63k!!


Congrats! I also received my acceptance today. In with $20k/year. I'm in Portland, FWIW.

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:08 pm

dj666 wrote:
JenDarby wrote:Received my acceptance today, in with 21k!

edit: I didn't finish reading the letter, 21k/year, so 63k!!


Congrats! I also received my acceptance today. In with $20k/year. I'm in Portland, FWIW.


Congrats to you both!

This is good . . . I'm in CA so maybe I'll hear back soon as well :lol:

stheskier
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby stheskier » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:32 pm

I am updated to 1/6. I wonder what that means?

wokeemilo
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:32 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby wokeemilo » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:40 pm

stheskier wrote:I am updated to 1/6. I wonder what that means?


+1 except i'm 1/7. i hope we hear soon!

stheskier
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby stheskier » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:46 pm

Something I read off of the L & C thread from last year mentioned how newly accepted students could access the admitted students page before they got their letters (I think it was due to curiosity testing after a date change). Has anyone who recently got accepted tried logging on?

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:49 pm

stheskier wrote:Something I read off of the L & C thread from last year mentioned how newly accepted students could access the admitted students page before they got their letters (I think it was due to curiosity testing after a date change). Has anyone who recently got accepted tried logging on?


Wow, I just signed in but I haven't received an admittance packet yet. Guess I'm in?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: barelyouthere and 13 guests