Page 8 of 29

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:30 pm
by sizzlechest
My "complete" date changed today to 01/06/11 from sometime in October.

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:31 pm
by stheskier
No worries. :D

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:32 pm
by stheskier
sizzlechest wrote:My "complete" date changed today to 01/06/11 from sometime in October.

Mine did also. I thought it was because of an addendum I just sent in, but maybe not.

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:34 pm
by sizzlechest
I received a large white envelope from them on Wednesday...it was a Practical Skills viewbook...the suspense is killing me.

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:36 pm
by Orko
rinkrat19 wrote:
Pink wrote:Hmmm...still at complete 1/3/11...but all my requirements/checkboxes at the bottom have disappeared. Maybe they weren't ever there...these damn status checkers are making me nuts.


My requirements checklist thingy is empty now too, and I know the checklist of items was definitely there on L&C's status checker before.

My timeline:
Submitted 11/3/10
Received/Complete 11/3/10
Complete 12/3/10 (date change)
...possibly other date changes that I can't remember...
Complete 1/3/11 (date change)

So I'm going on 9 1/2 weeks since my intial 'complete' date. (FWIW: Slightly above median GPA, well above 75th% LSAT, 8 yrs WE, applying to part-time/evening program.)


I submitted 99 days ago and went complete 95 days ago. My requirements checklist is still there and my date is STILL 12/20. I was probably one of the first 10 apps submitted to L&C, so I already feel cheated I haven't heard anything yet (I stayed up late to submit at midnight).

I wouldn't be so upset if I thought they were using this time to really get a sense of the applicant, as opposed to just looking at the numbers, but when you apply 10/1 and they don't start reviewing for 6 weeks, it's hard to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Better than University of Oregon though; applied 9/5 and they don't start reviewing until the beginning of Feb...

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:43 pm
by Pink
stheskier wrote:I still have the checklist (complete 11/3), but I am a long-shot, soo it sounds like you guys are in. Good luck!

note: I hope you get in soon rinkrat. Your posts kind of stress me out. :D



Heeeeyyy...fellow Ute :)

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:44 pm
by rinkrat19
Orko wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
Pink wrote:Hmmm...still at complete 1/3/11...but all my requirements/checkboxes at the bottom have disappeared. Maybe they weren't ever there...these damn status checkers are making me nuts.


My requirements checklist thingy is empty now too, and I know the checklist of items was definitely there on L&C's status checker before.

My timeline:
Submitted 11/3/10
Received/Complete 11/3/10
Complete 12/3/10 (date change)
...possibly other date changes that I can't remember...
Complete 1/3/11 (date change)

So I'm going on 9 1/2 weeks since my intial 'complete' date. (FWIW: Slightly above median GPA, well above 75th% LSAT, 8 yrs WE, applying to part-time/evening program.)


I submitted 99 days ago and went complete 95 days ago. My requirements checklist is still there and my date is STILL 12/20. I was probably one of the first 10 apps submitted to L&C, so I already feel cheated I haven't heard anything yet (I stayed up late to submit at midnight).

I wouldn't be so upset if I thought they were using this time to really get a sense of the applicant, as opposed to just looking at the numbers, but when you apply 10/1 and they don't start reviewing for 6 weeks, it's hard to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Better than University of Oregon though; applied 9/5 and they don't start reviewing until the beginning of Feb...


They're too busy designing new and even uglier uniforms for the football team.

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:09 pm
by JenDarby
rinkrat19 wrote:They're too busy designing new and even uglier uniforms for the football team.


+1

They never cease to impress me, with the ugliness. I'm hoping for something really extravagant next year.

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:19 pm
by rinkrat19
JenDarby wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:They're too busy designing new and even uglier uniforms for the football team.


+1

They never cease to impress me, with the ugliness. I'm hoping for something really extravagant next year.


Something with sequins. Or electronic color-changing inks. And actual angel wings sticking out the back, not just silkscreened on the shoulders.

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:20 pm
by JenDarby
actual wings are what I've been waiting for! I feel like they get a little closer to my dream every year....

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:31 pm
by LeDique
In with 26k/year, contingent upon a 2.95gpa - 3.75/166 complete 11-22.

When I went to pick up my held mail, I could see two big envelopes and just read the "Northwestern" part. I'm thinkin this is pretty strange, oh wait that's Lewis & Clark trolling me again. Then I noticed two different forms of postage/address labelling, turns out the one was my actual admission! $400 travel reimbursement as well.

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:38 pm
by rinkrat19
LeDique wrote:In with 26k/year, contingent upon a 2.95gpa - 3.75/166 complete 11-22.

When I went to pick up my held mail, I could see two big envelopes and just read the "Northwestern" part. I'm thinkin this is pretty strange, oh wait that's Lewis & Clark trolling me again. Then I noticed two different addresses, turns out the one was my actual admission!


Congrats, dammit. :wink:

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:39 pm
by environmentallaw
LeDique wrote:In with 26k/year, contingent upon a 2.95gpa - 3.75/166 complete 11-22.

When I went to pick up my held mail, I could see two big envelopes and just read the "Northwestern" part. I'm thinkin this is pretty strange, oh wait that's Lewis & Clark trolling me again. Then I noticed two different addresses, turns out the one was my actual admission!


Congrats! Did your status date change to 01/03, by chance? And did the letter come today? (I'm dying to check my mail when I go back to school tomorrow!!)

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:41 pm
by deja
LeDique wrote:In with 26k/year, contingent upon a 2.95gpa - 3.75/166 complete 11-22.

When I went to pick up my held mail, I could see two big envelopes and just read the "Northwestern" part. I'm thinkin this is pretty strange, oh wait that's Lewis & Clark trolling me again. Then I noticed two different forms of postage/address labelling, turns out the one was my actual admission! $400 travel reimbursement as well.


Congrats!! What does your status checker say?

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:44 pm
by orangefanta
The flood begins...

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:57 pm
by LeDique
environmentallaw wrote:
LeDique wrote:In with 26k/year, contingent upon a 2.95gpa - 3.75/166 complete 11-22.

When I went to pick up my held mail, I could see two big envelopes and just read the "Northwestern" part. I'm thinkin this is pretty strange, oh wait that's Lewis & Clark trolling me again. Then I noticed two different addresses, turns out the one was my actual admission!


Congrats! Did your status date change to 01/03, by chance? And did the letter come today? (I'm dying to check my mail when I go back to school tomorrow!!)


It was postmarked 12/22 and I live in Ohio. I was here 12/28 and it wasn't here yet.

deja wrote:
LeDique wrote:In with 26k/year, contingent upon a 2.95gpa - 3.75/166 complete 11-22.

When I went to pick up my held mail, I could see two big envelopes and just read the "Northwestern" part. I'm thinkin this is pretty strange, oh wait that's Lewis & Clark trolling me again. Then I noticed two different forms of postage/address labelling, turns out the one was my actual admission! $400 travel reimbursement as well.


Congrats!! What does your status checker say?


I checked everything yesterday. L&C is still at Complete 12/1.

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:00 pm
by sidhesadie
Uggghhhhh
my gpa and lsat are both above that, WHY DOES L&C HATE ME??? *sob* why won't they just answer me? whyyyyyyyyyyyy????

*sniffle* ok. I'm ok now. Really.

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:12 pm
by fiery_searcher
LeDique wrote:In with 26k/year, contingent upon a 2.95gpa - 3.75/166 complete 11-22.

When I went to pick up my held mail, I could see two big envelopes and just read the "Northwestern" part. I'm thinkin this is pretty strange, oh wait that's Lewis & Clark trolling me again. Then I noticed two different forms of postage/address labelling, turns out the one was my actual admission! $400 travel reimbursement as well.



Did it have any info. on an Admitted Students Day/Weekend?

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:23 pm
by LeDique
fiery_searcher wrote:Did it have any info. on an Admitted Students Day/Weekend?


Yes! March 17th in the evening is a prospective student/alumni shindig at some hotel in downtown Portland. The day itself is the 18h. "The schedule of events includes a welcome by our dean; a mock class taught by a full-time professor; campus tours; lunch with faculty; information sessions about the curriculum, financial aid and career services; and a student organization fair."

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:45 pm
by fiery_searcher
LeDique wrote:
fiery_searcher wrote:Did it have any info. on an Admitted Students Day/Weekend?


Yes! March 17th in the evening is a prospective student/alumni shindig at some hotel in downtown Portland. The day itself is the 18h. "The schedule of events includes a welcome by our dean; a mock class taught by a full-time professor; campus tours; lunch with faculty; information sessions about the curriculum, financial aid and career services; and a student organization fair."


Thanks LeDique! I am crossing all fingers and toes for an acceptance letter soon. Never been anywhere near Portland, so a visit is a top priority if I get in. Congratulations to you btw!

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:17 pm
by deja
LeDique wrote:
fiery_searcher wrote:Did it have any info. on an Admitted Students Day/Weekend?


Yes! March 17th in the evening is a prospective student/alumni shindig at some hotel in downtown Portland. The day itself is the 18h. "The schedule of events includes a welcome by our dean; a mock class taught by a full-time professor; campus tours; lunch with faculty; information sessions about the curriculum, financial aid and career services; and a student organization fair."


Thanks for the info!! Did they mention any kind of stipend for the ASW?

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:52 pm
by LeDique
deja wrote:Thanks for the info!! Did they mention any kind of stipend for the ASW?


Yeah - I thought I mentioned it in my original post after my acceptance, but I guess not. I was given 400 for a flight/lodging. Says only some students will be granted it.

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:55 pm
by rinkrat19
LeDique wrote:
deja wrote:Thanks for the info!! Did they mention any kind of stipend for the ASW?


Yeah - I thought I mentioned it in my original post after my acceptance, but I guess not. I was given 400 for a flight/lodging. Says only some students will be granted it.


Can I get the $400 to pay for my 20-minute drive? ;-) (Not that I've been f'ing ACCEPTED yet.)

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:14 pm
by deja
LeDique wrote:
deja wrote:Thanks for the info!! Did they mention any kind of stipend for the ASW?


Yeah - I thought I mentioned it in my original post after my acceptance, but I guess not. I was given 400 for a flight/lodging. Says only some students will be granted it.


Thanks - my bad... reedings iz hard :oops:

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:36 pm
by LeDique
rinkrat19 wrote: Can I get the $400 to pay for my 20-minute drive? ;-) (Not that I've been f'ing ACCEPTED yet.)


Since you're local, maybe you can help - I'm looking to go out and ski Mt. Hood for the day. I've been trying to find a good shuttle service that will take me out in the morning and back at night. Do you know of anything? And I'd likely want to go to Meadows, right?