Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sizzlechest
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby sizzlechest » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:30 pm

My "complete" date changed today to 01/06/11 from sometime in October.

stheskier
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby stheskier » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:31 pm

No worries. :D

stheskier
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby stheskier » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:32 pm

sizzlechest wrote:My "complete" date changed today to 01/06/11 from sometime in October.

Mine did also. I thought it was because of an addendum I just sent in, but maybe not.

sizzlechest
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby sizzlechest » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:34 pm

I received a large white envelope from them on Wednesday...it was a Practical Skills viewbook...the suspense is killing me.

User avatar
Orko
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:48 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby Orko » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:36 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
Pink wrote:Hmmm...still at complete 1/3/11...but all my requirements/checkboxes at the bottom have disappeared. Maybe they weren't ever there...these damn status checkers are making me nuts.


My requirements checklist thingy is empty now too, and I know the checklist of items was definitely there on L&C's status checker before.

My timeline:
Submitted 11/3/10
Received/Complete 11/3/10
Complete 12/3/10 (date change)
...possibly other date changes that I can't remember...
Complete 1/3/11 (date change)

So I'm going on 9 1/2 weeks since my intial 'complete' date. (FWIW: Slightly above median GPA, well above 75th% LSAT, 8 yrs WE, applying to part-time/evening program.)


I submitted 99 days ago and went complete 95 days ago. My requirements checklist is still there and my date is STILL 12/20. I was probably one of the first 10 apps submitted to L&C, so I already feel cheated I haven't heard anything yet (I stayed up late to submit at midnight).

I wouldn't be so upset if I thought they were using this time to really get a sense of the applicant, as opposed to just looking at the numbers, but when you apply 10/1 and they don't start reviewing for 6 weeks, it's hard to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Better than University of Oregon though; applied 9/5 and they don't start reviewing until the beginning of Feb...

User avatar
Pink
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby Pink » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:43 pm

stheskier wrote:I still have the checklist (complete 11/3), but I am a long-shot, soo it sounds like you guys are in. Good luck!

note: I hope you get in soon rinkrat. Your posts kind of stress me out. :D



Heeeeyyy...fellow Ute :)

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13914
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:44 pm

Orko wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
Pink wrote:Hmmm...still at complete 1/3/11...but all my requirements/checkboxes at the bottom have disappeared. Maybe they weren't ever there...these damn status checkers are making me nuts.


My requirements checklist thingy is empty now too, and I know the checklist of items was definitely there on L&C's status checker before.

My timeline:
Submitted 11/3/10
Received/Complete 11/3/10
Complete 12/3/10 (date change)
...possibly other date changes that I can't remember...
Complete 1/3/11 (date change)

So I'm going on 9 1/2 weeks since my intial 'complete' date. (FWIW: Slightly above median GPA, well above 75th% LSAT, 8 yrs WE, applying to part-time/evening program.)


I submitted 99 days ago and went complete 95 days ago. My requirements checklist is still there and my date is STILL 12/20. I was probably one of the first 10 apps submitted to L&C, so I already feel cheated I haven't heard anything yet (I stayed up late to submit at midnight).

I wouldn't be so upset if I thought they were using this time to really get a sense of the applicant, as opposed to just looking at the numbers, but when you apply 10/1 and they don't start reviewing for 6 weeks, it's hard to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Better than University of Oregon though; applied 9/5 and they don't start reviewing until the beginning of Feb...


They're too busy designing new and even uglier uniforms for the football team.

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13289
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby JenDarby » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:09 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:They're too busy designing new and even uglier uniforms for the football team.


+1

They never cease to impress me, with the ugliness. I'm hoping for something really extravagant next year.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13914
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:19 pm

JenDarby wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:They're too busy designing new and even uglier uniforms for the football team.


+1

They never cease to impress me, with the ugliness. I'm hoping for something really extravagant next year.


Something with sequins. Or electronic color-changing inks. And actual angel wings sticking out the back, not just silkscreened on the shoulders.

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13289
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby JenDarby » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:20 pm

actual wings are what I've been waiting for! I feel like they get a little closer to my dream every year....

User avatar
LeDique
Posts: 12706
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby LeDique » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:31 pm

In with 26k/year, contingent upon a 2.95gpa - 3.75/166 complete 11-22.

When I went to pick up my held mail, I could see two big envelopes and just read the "Northwestern" part. I'm thinkin this is pretty strange, oh wait that's Lewis & Clark trolling me again. Then I noticed two different forms of postage/address labelling, turns out the one was my actual admission! $400 travel reimbursement as well.
Last edited by LeDique on Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13914
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:38 pm

LeDique wrote:In with 26k/year, contingent upon a 2.95gpa - 3.75/166 complete 11-22.

When I went to pick up my held mail, I could see two big envelopes and just read the "Northwestern" part. I'm thinkin this is pretty strange, oh wait that's Lewis & Clark trolling me again. Then I noticed two different addresses, turns out the one was my actual admission!


Congrats, dammit. :wink:

environmentallaw
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:32 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby environmentallaw » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:39 pm

LeDique wrote:In with 26k/year, contingent upon a 2.95gpa - 3.75/166 complete 11-22.

When I went to pick up my held mail, I could see two big envelopes and just read the "Northwestern" part. I'm thinkin this is pretty strange, oh wait that's Lewis & Clark trolling me again. Then I noticed two different addresses, turns out the one was my actual admission!


Congrats! Did your status date change to 01/03, by chance? And did the letter come today? (I'm dying to check my mail when I go back to school tomorrow!!)

User avatar
deja
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:51 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby deja » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:41 pm

LeDique wrote:In with 26k/year, contingent upon a 2.95gpa - 3.75/166 complete 11-22.

When I went to pick up my held mail, I could see two big envelopes and just read the "Northwestern" part. I'm thinkin this is pretty strange, oh wait that's Lewis & Clark trolling me again. Then I noticed two different forms of postage/address labelling, turns out the one was my actual admission! $400 travel reimbursement as well.


Congrats!! What does your status checker say?

User avatar
orangefanta
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:12 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby orangefanta » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:44 pm

The flood begins...

User avatar
LeDique
Posts: 12706
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby LeDique » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:57 pm

environmentallaw wrote:
LeDique wrote:In with 26k/year, contingent upon a 2.95gpa - 3.75/166 complete 11-22.

When I went to pick up my held mail, I could see two big envelopes and just read the "Northwestern" part. I'm thinkin this is pretty strange, oh wait that's Lewis & Clark trolling me again. Then I noticed two different addresses, turns out the one was my actual admission!


Congrats! Did your status date change to 01/03, by chance? And did the letter come today? (I'm dying to check my mail when I go back to school tomorrow!!)


It was postmarked 12/22 and I live in Ohio. I was here 12/28 and it wasn't here yet.

deja wrote:
LeDique wrote:In with 26k/year, contingent upon a 2.95gpa - 3.75/166 complete 11-22.

When I went to pick up my held mail, I could see two big envelopes and just read the "Northwestern" part. I'm thinkin this is pretty strange, oh wait that's Lewis & Clark trolling me again. Then I noticed two different forms of postage/address labelling, turns out the one was my actual admission! $400 travel reimbursement as well.


Congrats!! What does your status checker say?


I checked everything yesterday. L&C is still at Complete 12/1.

sidhesadie
Posts: 454
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby sidhesadie » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:00 pm

Uggghhhhh
my gpa and lsat are both above that, WHY DOES L&C HATE ME??? *sob* why won't they just answer me? whyyyyyyyyyyyy????

*sniffle* ok. I'm ok now. Really.

User avatar
fiery_searcher
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:08 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby fiery_searcher » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:12 pm

LeDique wrote:In with 26k/year, contingent upon a 2.95gpa - 3.75/166 complete 11-22.

When I went to pick up my held mail, I could see two big envelopes and just read the "Northwestern" part. I'm thinkin this is pretty strange, oh wait that's Lewis & Clark trolling me again. Then I noticed two different forms of postage/address labelling, turns out the one was my actual admission! $400 travel reimbursement as well.



Did it have any info. on an Admitted Students Day/Weekend?

User avatar
LeDique
Posts: 12706
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby LeDique » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:23 pm

fiery_searcher wrote:Did it have any info. on an Admitted Students Day/Weekend?


Yes! March 17th in the evening is a prospective student/alumni shindig at some hotel in downtown Portland. The day itself is the 18h. "The schedule of events includes a welcome by our dean; a mock class taught by a full-time professor; campus tours; lunch with faculty; information sessions about the curriculum, financial aid and career services; and a student organization fair."

User avatar
fiery_searcher
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:08 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby fiery_searcher » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:45 pm

LeDique wrote:
fiery_searcher wrote:Did it have any info. on an Admitted Students Day/Weekend?


Yes! March 17th in the evening is a prospective student/alumni shindig at some hotel in downtown Portland. The day itself is the 18h. "The schedule of events includes a welcome by our dean; a mock class taught by a full-time professor; campus tours; lunch with faculty; information sessions about the curriculum, financial aid and career services; and a student organization fair."


Thanks LeDique! I am crossing all fingers and toes for an acceptance letter soon. Never been anywhere near Portland, so a visit is a top priority if I get in. Congratulations to you btw!

User avatar
deja
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:51 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby deja » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:17 pm

LeDique wrote:
fiery_searcher wrote:Did it have any info. on an Admitted Students Day/Weekend?


Yes! March 17th in the evening is a prospective student/alumni shindig at some hotel in downtown Portland. The day itself is the 18h. "The schedule of events includes a welcome by our dean; a mock class taught by a full-time professor; campus tours; lunch with faculty; information sessions about the curriculum, financial aid and career services; and a student organization fair."


Thanks for the info!! Did they mention any kind of stipend for the ASW?

User avatar
LeDique
Posts: 12706
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby LeDique » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:52 pm

deja wrote:Thanks for the info!! Did they mention any kind of stipend for the ASW?


Yeah - I thought I mentioned it in my original post after my acceptance, but I guess not. I was given 400 for a flight/lodging. Says only some students will be granted it.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13914
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:55 pm

LeDique wrote:
deja wrote:Thanks for the info!! Did they mention any kind of stipend for the ASW?


Yeah - I thought I mentioned it in my original post after my acceptance, but I guess not. I was given 400 for a flight/lodging. Says only some students will be granted it.


Can I get the $400 to pay for my 20-minute drive? ;-) (Not that I've been f'ing ACCEPTED yet.)

User avatar
deja
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:51 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby deja » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:14 pm

LeDique wrote:
deja wrote:Thanks for the info!! Did they mention any kind of stipend for the ASW?


Yeah - I thought I mentioned it in my original post after my acceptance, but I guess not. I was given 400 for a flight/lodging. Says only some students will be granted it.


Thanks - my bad... reedings iz hard :oops:

User avatar
LeDique
Posts: 12706
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: Lewis & Clark 2011 Applicants

Postby LeDique » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:36 pm

rinkrat19 wrote: Can I get the $400 to pay for my 20-minute drive? ;-) (Not that I've been f'ing ACCEPTED yet.)


Since you're local, maybe you can help - I'm looking to go out and ski Mt. Hood for the day. I've been trying to find a good shuttle service that will take me out in the morning and back at night. Do you know of anything? And I'd likely want to go to Meadows, right?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: potterotter and 2 guests