Maryland 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MDGirl
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby MDGirl » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:56 pm

I hate to tell you this, but I also have very strong faith in God. I am starting to feel it is his will for me NOT to attend UM - so I don't really question - but I hope for the best.
No I haven't withdrawn. Maryland is my number one choice- which is why I am kind of sad that is is not going to work out.

Congrats again. Sounds like you deserved it.

Bloggr22
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:16 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby Bloggr22 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:03 pm

....
Last edited by Bloggr22 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tmamusa19
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby tmamusa19 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:40 pm

Bloggr22 wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:
Bloggr22 wrote:
fiupike24 wrote:Anyone on the regular waitlist hear anything yet?


Yes, I received a call from an admissions officer on May 26th and was admitted with a $22,500 scholarship.

Of the regular waitlist? I wonder how they determine who goes on which WL. I was on preferred and was admitted with no scholly.

Mind if I ask numbers?


I am not sure if I was on the RWL or the PWL. I will have to go back and re-read the wait-list letter. To tell you the truth, I do not remember anything of that sort being mentioned in the letter.

GPA: 3.75
LSAT: 149

I am a black female (West African) with an interesting background. I wrote a LOCI and a renowned prof. of mine also wrote a letter on my behalf after I was placed on the wait-list.



I guess there is only space for one West African female :-/ My numbers are very similar except you have a higher gpa than me. I'm at 3.5 gpa and 149 LSAT too. I sent a LOCI and updated resume and still haven't heard anything yet. The incoming freshman class must already be "diverse" enough. Are you accepting the offer?

Bloggr22
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:16 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby Bloggr22 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:54 pm

...
Last edited by Bloggr22 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hallertensie
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:55 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby hallertensie » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:19 pm

Bloggr22 wrote:
MDGirl wrote:Wow, Congrats!!!

My numbers are higher, I am also a minority female, also have an interesting background (lived through a war, had my own business, received an award from a top govt official, did gizillions of internships, currently work in a legal job, finishing masters), also wrote a LOCI and submitted another LOR and updated grades with all A's.....I guess what I lack is any sort of luck whatsoever....


Thank you!

Do I dare mention God's name on this forum? Yes!

I really think it was God's will. I stay strong in my faith and my prayers where answered. So maybe that's where my "luck" comes from. Are you still waiting on an answer or have you withdrawn from the wait-list?


It's comments like this, and the one where you say you don't remember a letter, or the scholly of the regular WL, that make me think you're a troll. Course, you could also have applied normally and just been offered a spot and some money. But my troll-sense still tingles.

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby bport hopeful » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:44 pm

hallertensie wrote:
Bloggr22 wrote:
MDGirl wrote:Wow, Congrats!!!

My numbers are higher, I am also a minority female, also have an interesting background (lived through a war, had my own business, received an award from a top govt official, did gizillions of internships, currently work in a legal job, finishing masters), also wrote a LOCI and submitted another LOR and updated grades with all A's.....I guess what I lack is any sort of luck whatsoever....


Thank you!

Do I dare mention God's name on this forum? Yes!

I really think it was God's will. I stay strong in my faith and my prayers where answered. So maybe that's where my "luck" comes from. Are you still waiting on an answer or have you withdrawn from the wait-list?


It's comments like this, and the one where you say you don't remember a letter, or the scholly of the regular WL, that make me think you're a troll. Course, you could also have applied normally and just been offered a spot and some money. But my troll-sense still tingles.

If they are a troll, they have succeeded in irking me.

MDGirl
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby MDGirl » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:51 pm

hallertensie wrote:
Bloggr22 wrote:
MDGirl wrote:Wow, Congrats!!!

My numbers are higher, I am also a minority female, also have an interesting background (lived through a war, had my own business, received an award from a top govt official, did gizillions of internships, currently work in a legal job, finishing masters), also wrote a LOCI and submitted another LOR and updated grades with all A's.....I guess what I lack is any sort of luck whatsoever....


Thank you!

Do I dare mention God's name on this forum? Yes!

I really think it was God's will. I stay strong in my faith and my prayers where answered. So maybe that's where my "luck" comes from. Are you still waiting on an answer or have you withdrawn from the wait-list?


It's comments like this, and the one where you say you don't remember a letter, or the scholly of the regular WL, that make me think you're a troll. Course, you could also have applied normally and just been offered a spot and some money. But my troll-sense still tingles.


It's comments like this that allow it to make sense why you are still waiting to get in. Sounding more and more like a sore loser. She is not just some random person who suddenly decided to post something ridiculous on the board. She has got history here- as well as LSN. Get a life! or better yet, go study for the LSAT so you can get in somewhere next year.

gens1tb
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:36 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby gens1tb » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:02 pm

I think it's funny that you not getting into Maryland is a result of God's will, but in the case of the person you replied to it's because (you think) he's an asshole.

hallertensie
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:55 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby hallertensie » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:13 am

MDGirl wrote:It's comments like this that allow it to make sense why you are still waiting to get in. Sounding more and more like a sore loser. She is not just some random person who suddenly decided to post something ridiculous on the board. She has got history here- as well as LSN. Get a life! or better yet, go study for the LSAT so you can get in somewhere next year.


See, two things. 1: Read gens1tb's comment if you haven't already.

2: I don't remember saying where I had or hadn't been accepted. But you seem pretty sure I didn't get into UM... project much? Maybe you need to study more for your LSAT? Cause it seems like your god doesn't love you enough to magick you into law school (well, that, and there's no such thing as god).

Bloggr22
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:16 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby Bloggr22 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:59 am

...
Last edited by Bloggr22 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby bport hopeful » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:15 am

I mean good for you for getting in with money, but I do think that theres good reason to believe that you could potentially be a troll.

1. You got money off of the reg WL, while others on the Pref WL did not

2. People in the top 6% for LSAT scores were not given money, while you were in the bottom half (No offense, but thats the reality).

3. You blamed God for your achievements, which may or may not make you a troll at life.

MDGirl
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby MDGirl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:43 pm

hallertensie wrote:
MDGirl wrote:It's comments like this that allow it to make sense why you are still waiting to get in. Sounding more and more like a sore loser. She is not just some random person who suddenly decided to post something ridiculous on the board. She has got history here- as well as LSN. Get a life! or better yet, go study for the LSAT so you can get in somewhere next year.


See, two things. 1: Read gens1tb's comment if you haven't already.

2: I don't remember saying where I had or hadn't been accepted. But you seem pretty sure I didn't get into UM... project much? Maybe you need to study more for your LSAT? Cause it seems like your god doesn't love you enough to magick you into law school (well, that, and there's no such thing as god).


Again...more obvious reasons why you did not and will not get into any reputable school....I did not assume, I simply deducted from your previous posts. Don't you dare question someone else's faith or relationship with God when you obviously have none. Not that it is any of your business but my God loves me and has put me in perfect situations even when I have been disappointed at first - so I trust that wherever I end up, and don't, it is his will because that is the best route for me. I don't need to study for the LSAT because I was already accepted to a great school but financially and commute wise, I think UM would be a better choice for me.

ps. A little piece of advice - it may help you get further in life if you stopped questioning people's genuineness every once in a while. Every time someone posts something in this forum you are questioning their truthfulness. Are you so conceited that you think you know everything? or are you so dishonest that you think everyone else is dishonest too? or was it that you were so screwed up as a young child that now you don't trust anyone else?

pps. I'll pray for you. :D

lsatextreme
Posts: 523
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:18 am

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby lsatextreme » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:00 pm

man i guess i should just be happy for getting in off the PWL but I'd be lying if I wasn't a little annoyed that people who got off the regular waitlist a month later were getting decent sized scholarships when I've been sending emails all May trying to secure just SOME aid.

Congrats to you though.

MDGirl
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby MDGirl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:17 pm

Being disappointed for not getting scholly $ is ok - calling people liers is not. Maybe more $ will become available as movements happen this summer. Also, I think if you do well after your first year, you can request $.

When are you moving here?

tchan4269
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:51 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby tchan4269 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:56 pm

MDGirl wrote:
Don't you dare question someone else's faith or relationship with God when you obviously have none. Not that it is any of your business but my God loves me and has put me in perfect situations even when I have been disappointed at first - so I trust that wherever I end up, and don't, it is his will because that is the best route for me. I don't need to study for the LSAT because I was already accepted to a great school but financially and commute wise, I think UM would be a better choice for me.

pps. I'll pray for you. :D


Please stop. This is a forum for law school-related topics, not any of that. Please see: http://www.cbn.com/700club/

gens1tb
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:36 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby gens1tb » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:03 pm

Which 'great school' might that be?

hallertensie
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:55 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby hallertensie » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:07 pm

MDGirl wrote:
Again...more obvious reasons why you did not and will not get into any reputable school....I did not assume, I simply deducted from your previous posts. Don't you dare question someone else's faith or relationship with God when you obviously have none. Not that it is any of your business but my God loves me and has put me in perfect situations even when I have been disappointed at first - so I trust that wherever I end up, and don't, it is his will because that is the best route for me. I don't need to study for the LSAT because I was already accepted to a great school but financially and commute wise, I think UM would be a better choice for me.

ps. A little piece of advice - it may help you get further in life if you stopped questioning people's genuineness every once in a while. Every time someone posts something in this forum you are questioning their truthfulness. Are you so conceited that you think you know everything? or are you so dishonest that you think everyone else is dishonest too? or was it that you were so screwed up as a young child that now you don't trust anyone else?

pps. I'll pray for you. :D


@MDGirl: Deducted? No, you assumed. I asked for details from people because I wanted to build a profile of my own for PWL and WL admits to compare to the timeline from admissions. Secondly, don't you dare tell me whose faith I may or may not question. You're incredibly conceited, acting as if there's any reason to believe in some sky-fairy. PS: stop taking things on blind faith. Then you might realize how stupid you sound (and probably are, though I can't blame you, since you were indoctrinated at a young age to be an faithhead).

Bloggr22 wrote:No "troll" here. Just a determined individual sharing some info and good news. Lighten up folks, life is good. And thanks for the defense MDGirl :)


@Bloggr22: If you're not a troll, then congrats. I stand by my reasoning for thinking you could be a troll. If someone looks like a troll, and they're screwing with people who are anxious for an admit, that isn't very nice and it's fair to question them. Once again, congrats on your admit.

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby bport hopeful » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:52 pm

hallertensie wrote:You're incredibly conceited, acting as if there's any reason to believe in some sky-fairy. PS: stop taking things on blind faith. Then you might realize how stupid you sound (and probably are, though I can't blame you, since you were indoctrinated at a young age to be an faithhead).

I remember Intro to Philosophy.

lsatextreme
Posts: 523
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:18 am

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby lsatextreme » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:11 pm

MDGirl wrote:Being disappointed for not getting scholly $ is ok - calling people liers is not. Maybe more $ will become available as movements happen this summer. Also, I think if you do well after your first year, you can request $.

When are you moving here?


You might have misread/misunderstood what I wrote.

I'm planning on getting there early August like most people I assume.

saffire231
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:05 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby saffire231 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:36 pm

So uh did any waitlisted applicants hear anything this week?

taxlawcpa
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:05 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby taxlawcpa » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:09 pm

I did call the admissions office today and it was the same standard reply. We are making offers till July 31st however, the movement on the wait list is relatively slow this year. It is exhausting to just wait around.

LSATclincher
Posts: 476
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:09 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby LSATclincher » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:22 pm

If this helps, I applied in January, and got put on the preferred waitlist. I have yet to receive a call.

tmamusa19
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby tmamusa19 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:54 am

taxlawcpa wrote:I did call the admissions office today and it was the same standard reply. We are making offers till July 31st however, the movement on the wait list is relatively slow this year. It is exhausting to just wait around.


+1 Except i e-mailed and got the same reply. I feel like they already made a certain amount of offers and are basically waiting to see if those people off the PWL or RWL accept it. idk whats going on lol but at this point I feel that I have done all that I can

fiupike24
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:04 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby fiupike24 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:47 pm

I feel like I've done everything that I can as well. At this point I am already looking at retaking the exam, I just registered for the October exam. I only took it once so I feel that I still have room for improvement. I took the Kaplan extreme course the first time around. Does anyone have any suggestions on what approach to take this time around? I am definately doing self study. My friend scored a 165 and suggested the powerscore bibles.

and BTW my advice for all of those that are on the WL like me, if you have only taken the exam once don't settle for a school that was not your first choice. If you REALLY want to go to a certain school I think you should ATLEAST try again if you don't get the desired results atleast you tried and you will know your full potential. But don't give up my friend got pulled out of the wait list at NYU last week creating a spot at GW, and it trickles down. They seriously pull people until the week before school starts. JULY is JUDGEMENT DAY!

TurkeyDay
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:20 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby TurkeyDay » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:18 pm

Withdrew today. I hope someone great gets my spot :) Good luck!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, blackmamba8, cyclawps, Google Adsense [Bot], hellohalo, Mia93, PDX4343, reillyg, SilverSurfer2020, tsporl and 14 guests