Maryland 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
ach24
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:24 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby ach24 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:28 am

.
Last edited by ach24 on Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

ILikeToBike
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:40 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby ILikeToBike » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:49 am

I assumed the letter went to my school address, so I emailed the admissions office and asked if they could mail a copy to my permanent address and they said that they would.

ran12
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby ran12 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:20 pm

ILikeToBike wrote:I assumed the letter went to my school address, so I emailed the admissions office and asked if they could mail a copy to my permanent address and they said that they would.


I did that too and they said okay. I just told them that b/c it was mailed in Dec and the status checker said Jan decisions that I didn't change my current address to my permanent.

gz5hc9
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:32 am

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby gz5hc9 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:47 pm

in today via snail mail. 3.26, 162, in-state.

fedexmalcom
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:08 am

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby fedexmalcom » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:42 am

in via email. 12/22

they attached the admission letter with the email.
completed since 11/9.
good luck and merry christmas!

167/foreign applicant

derrminater
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby derrminater » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:20 pm

in today via snail mail. Does anyone know how generous they are with $?

Capitol A
Posts: 757
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby Capitol A » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:32 pm

derrminater wrote:in today via snail mail. Does anyone know how generous they are with $?

Where are you? Im in AZ and hoping to get the letter before Christmas.

ran12
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby ran12 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:03 pm

derrminater wrote:in today via snail mail. Does anyone know how generous they are with $?


I've been reading through all the UMD threads on TLS and it seems like UMD doesn't really give money unless you're selected for the Leadership scholarship. Last year they apparently had no money to give out besides the Leadership one.

derrminater
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby derrminater » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:26 pm

Capitol A wrote:
derrminater wrote:in today via snail mail. Does anyone know how generous they are with $?

Where are you? Im in AZ and hoping to get the letter before Christmas.

I'm right outside of philly, surprised it came so soon.

User avatar
DeeCee
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:09 am

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby DeeCee » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:17 pm

derrminater wrote:
Capitol A wrote:
derrminater wrote:in today via snail mail. Does anyone know how generous they are with $?

Where are you? Im in AZ and hoping to get the letter before Christmas.

I'm right outside of philly, surprised it came so soon.


In at Maryland! You'll know because it says "Congratulations!" on the front of the letter.

blackmamba76
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby blackmamba76 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:19 pm

Just submitted my application yesterday, how long before I get a status checker?

User avatar
DeeCee
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:09 am

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby DeeCee » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:21 pm

blackmamba76 wrote:Just submitted my application yesterday, how long before I get a status checker?


I submitted 11/15, got the status checker and email 11/24. It said "In review" since 11/24, then changed to "Decision Mailed" 12/21, with no email updates.

User avatar
snapdragon
Posts: 766
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:34 am

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby snapdragon » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:35 pm

In, OOS, 3.1 / 167. Does anyone know if it's possible to get in-state after 1L?

User avatar
arvcondor
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:33 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby arvcondor » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:08 pm

Also in; 3.5, 164. And I'm curious to hear the answer to the above poster's question

User avatar
jackattack17
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:38 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby jackattack17 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:09 pm

in as well. OOS, at both medians. when does scholarship info come out?

User avatar
YankeesFan
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:42 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby YankeesFan » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:14 pm

Those that got your letters already, did they go to your current or permanent address?

User avatar
jackattack17
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:38 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby jackattack17 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:18 pm

YankeesFan wrote:Those that got your letters already, did they go to your current or permanent address?


went to my permanent address, luckily i was home. no email, haven't looked at the status checker. the turnaround was pretty quick, i applied dec 8

Capitol A
Posts: 757
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby Capitol A » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:19 pm

In via USPS. The small envelope made me nervous before I saw it said congratulations on it. 165/3.62 in AZ.

User avatar
scruffs mcguff
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:49 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby scruffs mcguff » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:16 am

Did anyone else get an additional letter in the acceptance about the leadership scholarships and interviews?

User avatar
DeeCee
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:09 am

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby DeeCee » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:55 am

Can someone give me a link to what the "bottom line" figure is for tuition as a non-resident? I have been trying to find this number on UMD's website, but every time I click "tuition" a spreadsheet comes up, with approximately $17,000 listed as OOS tuition. I know this can not possibly be true and I am probably missing something here.

TIA.

User avatar
arvcondor
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:33 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby arvcondor » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:43 am

DCLaw11 wrote:Can someone give me a link to what the "bottom line" figure is for tuition as a non-resident? I have been trying to find this number on UMD's website, but every time I click "tuition" a spreadsheet comes up, with approximately $17,000 listed as OOS tuition. I know this can not possibly be true and I am probably missing something here.

TIA.

$17,000 refers to per semester.

laurencita7
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:38 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby laurencita7 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:04 am

scruffs mcguff wrote:Did anyone else get an additional letter in the acceptance about the leadership scholarships and interviews?


yes, i did! 165, 3.77, OOS, want to stay in DC-balt metro area.

User avatar
Flett
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby Flett » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:16 pm

laurencita7 wrote:
scruffs mcguff wrote:Did anyone else get an additional letter in the acceptance about the leadership scholarships and interviews?


yes, i did! 165, 3.77, OOS, want to stay in DC-balt metro area.


My acceptance letter just came today, I received this information too.

User avatar
DeeCee
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:09 am

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby DeeCee » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:10 pm

arvcondor wrote:
DCLaw11 wrote:Can someone give me a link to what the "bottom line" figure is for tuition as a non-resident? I have been trying to find this number on UMD's website, but every time I click "tuition" a spreadsheet comes up, with approximately $17,000 listed as OOS tuition. I know this can not possibly be true and I am probably missing something here.

TIA.

$17,000 refers to per semester.


Thanks! That makes much more sense.

User avatar
drazillizard
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:15 pm

Re: Maryland 2011 Applicants

Postby drazillizard » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:30 pm

Flett wrote:
laurencita7 wrote:
scruffs mcguff wrote:Did anyone else get an additional letter in the acceptance about the leadership scholarships and interviews?


yes, i did! 165, 3.77, OOS, want to stay in DC-balt metro area.


My acceptance letter just came today, I received this information too.


New to the forum...I got my letter on 12/21 (3.9/164) and I got the letter about the Leadership Scholarships as well. Can't find a lot of information about it, but I haven't looked very hard yet. (Expecting my second baby any day now).




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Automotomayor, BobBoblaw, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], lawlaura3494, liuwenyu, Long shot hero, MSNbot Media, proteinshake, ReadyToStart, sonyco, SweetTort and 18 guests