Santa Clara University 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
love.noelle
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:24 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby love.noelle » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:21 pm

Just received another e-mail from the school reassuring me that they haven't "forgotten" me...

At least they plan on sending out all decisions over the next 2 weeks. Finally.

User avatar
SFnative
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby SFnative » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:24 pm

Lol, just got it too...


SCU, get it together!!

stopherwong
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:01 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby stopherwong » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:25 pm

love.noelle wrote:Just received another e-mail from the school reassuring me that they haven't "forgotten" me...

At least they plan on sending out all decisions over the next 2 weeks. Finally.



I got the same email. It freaked me out. This wait is killing me.

User avatar
Capitalist
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby Capitalist » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:35 pm

IN w/ $7500. Probably will be turning it down...Good luck to those still waiting.

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby jarofsoup » Sun May 01, 2011 2:25 pm

I wonder if this will be the end. I will be a bit pissed if I am wait listed. I mean first deposit has already passed and the second one is going to be here soon....isen't this already a wait list. They know who has already with drawn.

User avatar
risktaker
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby risktaker » Sun May 01, 2011 3:21 pm

They will probably let several people in after the second deposit comes.

User avatar
nathan.
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 3:23 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby nathan. » Sun May 01, 2011 3:31 pm

love.noelle wrote:Just received another e-mail from the school reassuring me that they haven't "forgotten" me...

At least they plan on sending out all decisions over the next 2 weeks. Finally.


same..........jeez Santa Clara, get it together!

User avatar
moggendaz
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:28 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby moggendaz » Tue May 03, 2011 7:15 pm

risktaker wrote:They will probably let several people in after the second deposit comes.


when is the 2nd deposit due?

UCLApuente
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:01 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby UCLApuente » Tue May 03, 2011 7:32 pm

second deposit $500 due June 1st

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby jarofsoup » Wed May 04, 2011 1:58 pm

I am convinced that if we have not heard back we are either going to be wait listed or accepted or accepted for part time.


There are no wait lists on LSN.

But I do not understand why they are taking so long with this...how many spots can they really have left?????

KiraMarie
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:04 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby KiraMarie » Wed May 04, 2011 2:14 pm

jarofsoup wrote:I am convinced that if we have not heard back we are either going to be wait listed or accepted or accepted for part time.


There are no wait lists on LSN.

But I do not understand why they are taking so long with this...how many spots can they really have left?????


I hope you are right. I don't want to be WL'd to yet another school but that is better than a denial.

User avatar
crazyventures
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:15 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby crazyventures » Wed May 04, 2011 9:23 pm

In Committee for the 4th (!!) time as of today...what is going on?! :evil:

mrwarre85
Posts: 685
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby mrwarre85 » Wed May 04, 2011 9:30 pm

applied back in Dec with a 166 LSAT. I thought I was going to be accepted, but they have just held on to my file forever.

lsatextreme
Posts: 523
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:18 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby lsatextreme » Wed May 04, 2011 10:08 pm

mrwarre85 wrote:applied back in Dec with a 166 LSAT. I thought I was going to be accepted, but they have just held on to my file forever.


even with a sub 3.0 lsdas gpa, you should have been an auto in.

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby jarofsoup » Wed May 04, 2011 10:09 pm

lsatextreme wrote:
mrwarre85 wrote:applied back in Dec with a 166 LSAT. I thought I was going to be accepted, but they have just held on to my file forever.


even with a sub 3.0 lsdas gpa, you should have been an auto in.



But even if you are an Auto-in still are going to have to wait.

CaliiGirl89
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:00 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby CaliiGirl89 » Wed May 04, 2011 10:25 pm

I haven't moved from my 1st time in committee since 2/11... is this the case for anyone else?

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby jarofsoup » Wed May 04, 2011 10:30 pm

CaliiGirl89 wrote:I haven't moved from my 1st time in committee since 2/11... is this the case for anyone else?



I went back into committee on 1/29 after being deferred from EA.

I think I am destined to a Part Time admit.

CaliiGirl89
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:00 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby CaliiGirl89 » Wed May 04, 2011 10:35 pm

I just don't understand why they are having us wait this long... I'm starting to think that this can't be a good thing

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby jarofsoup » Thu May 05, 2011 12:28 am

CaliiGirl89 wrote:I just don't understand why they are having us wait this long... I'm starting to think that this can't be a good thing



I am thinking there will be some more admits, but there are going to be a lot of wait lists.

User avatar
uopsu
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby uopsu » Thu May 05, 2011 1:12 am

I got decision rendered today in status checker with no deposit amount. Looks like a waitlist or reject =(

CaliiGirl89
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:00 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby CaliiGirl89 » Thu May 05, 2011 1:23 am

Do you think more admits will come in after June 1st?

User avatar
samtheclam1
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:01 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby samtheclam1 » Thu May 05, 2011 1:37 am

CaliiGirl89 wrote:Do you think more admits will come in after June 1st?


is that their second deposit deadline?

hijodehombre
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby hijodehombre » Thu May 05, 2011 1:58 am

samtheclam1 wrote:
CaliiGirl89 wrote:Do you think more admits will come in after June 1st?


is that their second deposit deadline?


yes and yes

KiraMarie
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:04 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby KiraMarie » Thu May 05, 2011 11:50 am

hijodehombre wrote:
samtheclam1 wrote:
CaliiGirl89 wrote:Do you think more admits will come in after June 1st?


is that their second deposit deadline?


yes and yes


So you don't think that their email about decisions being complete in the next two weeks is true? Just another lead on?

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby jarofsoup » Thu May 05, 2011 1:29 pm

KiraMarie wrote:
hijodehombre wrote:
samtheclam1 wrote:
CaliiGirl89 wrote:Do you think more admits will come in after June 1st?


is that their second deposit deadline?


yes and yes


So you don't think that their email about decisions being complete in the next two weeks is true? Just another lead on?



It could be true or just a lead on to another email for more time. I think they are fucking with their ranking.


This delay may cost me a couple hundred dollors in deposits on other schools.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”