Santa Clara University 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jarofsoup

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby jarofsoup » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:45 pm

First deposit due tommarrow are they going to let us know?

HCG

Postby HCG » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:56 pm

My first deposit is due on the 8th. My guess is they're waiting on the first wave to see how many people they can accept in the next wave. Good luck!

LilMan'sMom

Postby LilMan'sMom » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:07 pm

I withdrew online just now. I'm returning a $16,000/yr scholarship, so good luck to everyone else.

pugsnotdrugs

Postby pugsnotdrugs » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:17 pm

LilMan'sMom wrote:I withdrew online just now. I'm returning a $16,000/yr scholarship, so good luck to everyone else.

I tried to decline admission online but it keeps telling me I have to call. Did you have to call? I'm a little irked.

SFnative

Postby SFnative » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:31 pm

my friend just updated her facebook status saying she just got into SCU, she applied on 1/31, and has a lower LSAT than me, and she heard back before me, what the hell SCU???

lsatextreme

Postby lsatextreme » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:34 pm

SFnative wrote:my friend just updated her facebook status saying she just got into SCU, she applied on 1/31, and has a lower LSAT than me, and she heard back before me, what the hell SCU???

gpa?

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:19 pm

lsatextreme wrote:
SFnative wrote:my friend just updated her facebook status saying she just got into SCU, she applied on 1/31, and has a lower LSAT than me, and she heard back before me, what the hell SCU???

gpa?

Is she an URM and your not?

minky

Postby minky » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:44 pm

jarofsoup wrote:
lsatextreme wrote:

gpa?

maybe her personal statement and letters of rec were better than urs. it's not just lsat they care about.

fragged

Postby fragged » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:55 pm

Just withdrew - good luck to everyone!

fragged

Postby fragged » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:57 pm

pugsnotdrugs wrote:
LilMan'sMom wrote:I withdrew online just now. I'm returning a $16,000/yr scholarship, so good luck to everyone else.

I tried to decline admission online but it keeps telling me I have to call. Did you have to call? I'm a little irked.

I don't know, mine said the same thing. I'm not going to go out of my way to decline though. I figure when they don't get my deposit by the end of today it's sort of obvious that I'm not attending.

swilson215

Postby swilson215 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:34 am

Most people following this thread know what a huge fan of SCU I am, and that it was my first choice, but after a lot of thinking about some really good points that have been brought up on these threads as well as at my different school visits, I put in a deposit today at SMU (and I'm super excited about it!). Best of luck to everyone going to Santa Clara next year!

MrMisiu

Postby MrMisiu » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:52 am

Just finished checking your blog a few hours to go to see if you had made a decision. Glad to see that someone else I've "known" for the past few months, and who's first choice was SCU, decided on another a different school too. Congrats on the decision, I supposed their ASW blew you away?

Good luck next year swilson!

swilson215

Postby swilson215 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:50 am

MrMisiu wrote:Just finished checking your blog a few hours to go to see if you had made a decision. Glad to see that someone else I've "known" for the past few months, and who's first choice was SCU, decided on another a different school too. Congrats on the decision, I supposed their ASW blew you away?

Good luck next year swilson!

You know, the ASD was great, but it was more just this feeling I got when I was walking around campus. It's kind of the same way I felt about my undergrad campus, and I never regretted that decision, even though it wasn't the decision I thought I would be making, so when I felt it this time around it was like an, "ah-ha!" moment. I'm in my hotel room in Dallas right now, and if I wake up early enough before my flight I'll write a blog entry tomorrow. Otherwise expect it on Sunday!

Where have you decided on attending, MrMisiu?

fragged

Postby fragged » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:20 am

swilson215 wrote:Most people following this thread know what a huge fan of SCU I am, and that it was my first choice, but after a lot of thinking about some really good points that have been brought up on these threads as well as at my different school visits, I put in a deposit today at SMU (and I'm super excited about it!). Best of luck to everyone going to Santa Clara next year!

Congrats! SMU is an awesome school!

You aren't the only one who saw the red flags on this thread. I'm pretty confident in my decision to withdraw. Good luck at SMU! I think I'm going to put a deposit down at Utah next week. :)

MrMisiu

Postby MrMisiu » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:02 am

swilson215 wrote:Where have you decided on attending, MrMisiu?

I'll be sure to read, that's awesome though.

I decided I'm going to go to Rutgers- Newark. I definitely had no "ah-ha" moment when I walked around the campus and received no promising vibes either, but at the end of the day it's the fiscally responsible thing. Plus I think the market in NJ might be a little better for me and my skills, especially that close to NYC, and I have a really big in at mid/large-ish sized firm here too. But for all the research I've been doing I feel a ton more promise here, and it makes up for the campus. That and my best friend is moving back from San Diego and going to the dental school a mile away.

I'll just move to CA in 5 years or so, it looks like the grads that tried to work there ended up doing so.

Just make sure to wake up early enough for your flight, if not your post!

IHaveLawyers

Postby IHaveLawyers » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:50 pm

minky wrote:
jarofsoup wrote:
lsatextreme wrote:

gpa?

maybe her personal statement and letters of rec were better than urs. it's not just lsat they care about.

lol times a million

SFnative

Postby SFnative » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:28 pm

Is she an URM and your not?[/quote]

maybe her personal statement and letters of rec were better than urs. it's not just lsat they care about.[/quote]

-153/3.1(non-urm), With numbers like that, she must have had some incredible softs, which unfortunately I know for a fact she had very little volunteer or extra curricular activities. So until I here back from this school Im gonna be a bitter, envious and unhappy camper..

florentine

Postby florentine » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:51 pm

MrMisiu wrote:
swilson215 wrote:Where have you decided on attending, MrMisiu?

I'll be sure to read, that's awesome though.

I decided I'm going to go to Rutgers- Newark. I definitely had no "ah-ha" moment when I walked around the campus and received no promising vibes either, but at the end of the day it's the fiscally responsible thing. Plus I think the market in NJ might be a little better for me and my skills, especially that close to NYC, and I have a really big in at mid/large-ish sized firm here too. But for all the research I've been doing I feel a ton more promise here, and it makes up for the campus. That and my best friend is moving back from San Diego and going to the dental school a mile away.

I'll just move to CA in 5 years or so, it looks like the grads that tried to work there ended up doing so.

Just make sure to wake up early enough for your flight, if not your post!

Hopefully you have some serious ties to Nor Call or else good luck... Also if hopefully Rutgers curriculum doesn't just do statewide statutes and other state-specific rules because trying to do the California bar from there might be more difficult...

MrMisiu

Postby MrMisiu » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:22 pm

Nope, no ties. Apparently there's an alumni base there so that's the only hope of a tie.
I know you're right about the difficult, but looking at the new stats from the school passage in CA Rutgers had less than 10 people try for the bar, which is why the name didn't appear on the list. Assuming (on no other real data) that this is kind of a trend, on LSN it shows that 7 students moved out to CA- so maybe I'll have some sort of luck.

But thanks for the advice, florentine. I know that I'm doing what I'm not suppose to, but I figure if some people do it then there's a chance.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:21 am

No recent news?

Capitol hillbilly

Postby Capitol hillbilly » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:21 pm

jarofsoup wrote:No recent news?

No news for me. Received 2/11, Complete 2/24, In Committee 3/4. UUUUNNNNNGGGGGGHHHHH

moggendaz

Postby moggendaz » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:22 pm

Applied EA > Deferred > In committee since 1/31

risktaker

Postby risktaker » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:24 pm

I am really getting frustrated with how long SCU is taking. I think UOP might have an edge over SCU for me at this point.

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:29 pm

I decided to write a LOCI for all of the schools I'm still pending for that are T1 or T2. Figured it wouldn't hurt to update them on my EXCITING life and praise them some more for stuff related to their PI programs. Maybe it will help them decide when comparing me to someone else with similar numbers.

?

brangara

Postby brangara » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:31 pm

In committee since 2/1.

3.2/160, and I've gotten into higher-ranked schools, so at this point, I'm almost thinking about giving up on SCU law. :/
Last edited by brangara on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”