Santa Clara University 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Capitalist
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby Capitalist » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:21 pm

bartleby wrote:In today. Any traveling stipends?


Congrats, bartleby. Do you mind sharing your numbers and committee dates?

Thanks.

bartleby
Posts: 1315
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 3:23 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby bartleby » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:53 pm

3.3, 165 (highest)

I know they held me until my December LSAT - was in committee 2/3 - updated to 2/22 yesterday - updated to 2/23 today w/ acceptance. no email or anything.

crit_racer
Posts: 756
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:15 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby crit_racer » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:10 pm

congrats. I went from IC 1/31 to IC 2/23, so hopefully tomorrow I will be let in.

cowgirl_bebop
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:38 pm

In today.

2.44/167 URM

IC 1/27. IC 2/8, Admitted 2/23

Curious about a scholarship, but Im probably not going to go.

lsatextreme
Posts: 523
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:18 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby lsatextreme » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:47 pm

damn congrats to those who got in recently...i really wish I could get into santa clara....

ewatz
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby ewatz » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:25 pm

in today via status checker 3.81/157.

User avatar
Capitalist
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby Capitalist » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:13 am

bartleby wrote:3.3, 165 (highest)

I know they held me until my December LSAT - was in committee 2/3 - updated to 2/22 yesterday - updated to 2/23 today w/ acceptance. no email or anything.


Similar GPA, slightly lower LSAT here w/ second status update yesterday...Hopefully, I'll hear some good news soon. :D

adonai
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby adonai » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:24 am

jarofsoup wrote:EA defers still in committee?

Yup, EA defer here still in committee. I think we are headed for the waitlist, my friend.

decibel8710
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby decibel8710 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:21 am

In today (2/23) via status checker! 160/3.6, anyone hear anything about scholarships?

MalachiConstant
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby MalachiConstant » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:53 am

decibel8710 wrote:In today (2/23) via status checker! 160/3.6, anyone hear anything about scholarships?


My scholarship offer came with the letter. Goodluck for when you receive it!

Also remember you can renew most of their scholarships each year with a top %25 Stip. It made my offer slightly less appalling.

User avatar
sanjola
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby sanjola » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:10 pm

adonai wrote:
jarofsoup wrote:EA defers still in committee?

Yup, EA defer here still in committee. I think we are headed for the waitlist, my friend.


+1

User avatar
gokickrocks
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:13 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby gokickrocks » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:07 pm

sanjola wrote:
adonai wrote:
jarofsoup wrote:EA defers still in committee?

Yup, EA defer here still in committee. I think we are headed for the waitlist, my friend.


+1


+2

cowgirl_bebop
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:15 pm

Scholly info came this morning with the admissions packet. Only $19K Emery Scholarship. Sticking my reply letter in the mail declining their offer.

bartleby
Posts: 1315
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 3:23 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby bartleby » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:52 am

Same! $14,000 for me over three years.

Hope someone can take my spot!

ChaseG
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:12 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby ChaseG » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:27 pm

Just got my acceptance letter to SCU today with a 10k Emery scholarship. That's not very serious money considering the astronomical cost of living in that part of the country. I have a far more generous offer from Baylor University here in Texas that is starting to look pretty good right now.

I'm wondering if I should bite the bullet and take on the debt just to be able to live and work in the Bay Area, since it's an absolutely fantastic place and I'm somewhat smitten with it. The prospects for employment coming out of SCU look very solid, so is it naive to hope that I would be able to get out from under the debt burden with a decent job? Heh, I sure wish the legal profession didn't revolve mostly around the avoidance of the life-destroying debt that goes along with entry, but these are the times we live in.

Kiwi917
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:13 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby Kiwi917 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:48 pm

bartleby wrote:Same! $14,000 for me over three years.

Hope someone can take my spot!


Same here! Just withdrew today.

mrwarre85
Posts: 685
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby mrwarre85 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:59 pm

ChaseG wrote:Just got my acceptance letter to SCU today with a 10k Emery scholarship. That's not very serious money considering the astronomical cost of living in that part of the country. I have a far more generous offer from Baylor University here in Texas that is starting to look pretty good right now.

I'm wondering if I should bite the bullet and take on the debt just to be able to live and work in the Bay Area, since it's an absolutely fantastic place and I'm somewhat smitten with it. The prospects for employment coming out of SCU look very solid, so is it naive to hope that I would be able to get out from under the debt burden with a decent job? Heh, I sure wish the legal profession didn't revolve mostly around the avoidance of the life-destroying debt that goes along with entry, but these are the times we live in.



I think only like 65 % of Baylor scholarship kids keep their money. They give out tons of scholarships... Look into it.

Also are job prospects coming out of SCU very solid? I'm interested in SCU but I'm not impressed with their placement at all-- too many schools in Cali and too many lawyers.

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby jarofsoup » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:32 pm

mrwarre85 wrote:
ChaseG wrote:Just got my acceptance letter to SCU today with a 10k Emery scholarship. That's not very serious money considering the astronomical cost of living in that part of the country. I have a far more generous offer from Baylor University here in Texas that is starting to look pretty good right now.

I'm wondering if I should bite the bullet and take on the debt just to be able to live and work in the Bay Area, since it's an absolutely fantastic place and I'm somewhat smitten with it. The prospects for employment coming out of SCU look very solid, so is it naive to hope that I would be able to get out from under the debt burden with a decent job? Heh, I sure wish the legal profession didn't revolve mostly around the avoidance of the life-destroying debt that goes along with entry, but these are the times we live in.



I think only like 65 % of Baylor scholarship kids keep their money. They give out tons of scholarships... Look into it.

Also are job prospects coming out of SCU very solid? I'm interested in SCU but I'm not impressed with their placement at all-- too many schools in Cali and too many lawyers.



It places better than USF, Golden Gate, and Pacific in the bay area.

bartleby
Posts: 1315
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 3:23 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby bartleby » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:55 pm

Competing with Stanford, Berkeley, Hastings, and Davis along w/ the best people at those schools...

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby jarofsoup » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:11 pm

bartleby wrote:Competing with Stanford, Berkeley, Hastings, and Davis along w/ the best people at those schools...


+Top 14-20ishhh

User avatar
rs2004
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby rs2004 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:13 pm

anyone else get that email from the SCU 3L? I didn't know what to make of it.

User avatar
upfish
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby upfish » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:14 pm

rs2004 wrote:anyone else get that email from the SCU 3L? I didn't know what to make of it.


I did. I wanted to be like "Calm down, dude."

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:15 pm

upfish wrote:
rs2004 wrote:anyone else get that email from the SCU 3L? I didn't know what to make of it.


I did. I wanted to be like "Calm down, dude."


I think it was really nice.

LockBox
Posts: 268
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:05 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby LockBox » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:16 pm

Just out of curiosity, what did the email entail?

lsatextreme
Posts: 523
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:18 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby lsatextreme » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:18 pm

LockBox wrote:Just out of curiosity, what did the email entail?

+1




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”