Santa Clara University 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby jarofsoup » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:29 pm

Thank you. Still In Com... the joy never ends.

lalu
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:33 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby lalu » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:30 pm

You could always check their websites and see if any lawyers at the firms are SCU alumni. Personally I haven't gotten the impression that they hire from SCU. A partner at Gibson Dunn told me that they only recruit from top 20.

lsatextreme
Posts: 523
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:18 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby lsatextreme » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:32 pm

how far back are some people waiting?

submitted mine 1/7, not sure when it went complete or IC, but I've seen the IC 2/1 date for a while now...
Last edited by lsatextreme on Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby jarofsoup » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:32 pm

Fenwick and West recruites heavily from SCU

solarae
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:45 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby solarae » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:44 pm

andrewg526 wrote:https://aces2.lsac.org/YourStatus/membership/AppStatIdMe.aspx?guid=waJ3Zlz3%2F2M%3D

use the above to check status. I'm more ocd than most ::sigh::


thanks for this!
In committee 1/31 still.

User avatar
risktaker
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby risktaker » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:59 pm

Pretty sure SCU is going to wait for my Feb LSAT score even though I requested them to render a decision before that. Hoping I improved by 3 or 4 points.

User avatar
swilson215
Posts: 1109
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:35 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby swilson215 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:30 pm

So, has anyone been successful with any scholarship negotiation with SCU yet this cycle?

estrellaz
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:20 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby estrellaz » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:54 pm

lsatextreme wrote:how far back are some people waiting?

submitted mine 1/7, not sure when it went complete or IC, but I've seen the IC 2/1 date for a while now...


Submitted 11/01/10
Went complete 11/16/10
Early Decision Letter Sent 12/07/2010 (Deferred to regular admissions)

In Committee 1/31/2011

User avatar
OklahomasOK
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby OklahomasOK » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:01 pm

Hmm SC just went way higher on my list, being the only school in California to show me love...

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:10 pm

swilson215 wrote:So, has anyone been successful with any scholarship negotiation with SCU yet this cycle?


Was notified today that I'm in the running for the dean's scholarship.

wokeemilo
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:32 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby wokeemilo » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:11 pm

anyone going to ASD on march 19?

User avatar
swilson215
Posts: 1109
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:35 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby swilson215 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:12 pm

wokeemilo wrote:anyone going to ASD on march 19?


I am!

wokeemilo
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:32 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby wokeemilo » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:28 pm

swilson215 wrote:
wokeemilo wrote:anyone going to ASD on march 19?


I am!


yay! do we need to RSVP?

User avatar
swilson215
Posts: 1109
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:35 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby swilson215 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:43 pm

wokeemilo wrote:
swilson215 wrote:
wokeemilo wrote:anyone going to ASD on march 19?


I am!


yay! do we need to RSVP?


I think so. There was a link sent out in the last mass email they sent.

MalachiConstant
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby MalachiConstant » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:30 am

swilson215 wrote:
wokeemilo wrote:
swilson215 wrote:
wokeemilo wrote:anyone going to ASD on march 19?


I am!


yay! do we need to RSVP?


I think so. There was a link sent out in the last mass email they sent.



I will be there! Hopefully the students they have there will be a bit more... accomplished... that the ones that do the admitted student tours!

florentine
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:35 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby florentine » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:15 pm

swilson215 wrote:So, has anyone been successful with any scholarship negotiation with SCU yet this cycle?


I was told they aren't even looking at them yet...

florentine
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:35 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby florentine » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:17 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
swilson215 wrote:So, has anyone been successful with any scholarship negotiation with SCU yet this cycle?


Was notified today that I'm in the running for the dean's scholarship.


Really? May I ask what your numbers are??

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:05 pm

florentine wrote:
BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
swilson215 wrote:So, has anyone been successful with any scholarship negotiation with SCU yet this cycle?


Was notified today that I'm in the running for the dean's scholarship.


Really? May I ask what your numbers are??


PM'd

User avatar
Capitalist
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby Capitalist » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:30 pm

Status changed from "In committee 2/8" to "In committee 2/22". Is this common? Good/bad sign?

florentine
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:35 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby florentine » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:48 pm

Capitalist wrote:Status changed from "In committee 2/8" to "In committee 2/22". Is this common? Good/bad sign?


Ya it happens to just about everyone. It does not mean much in the way of acceptance or rejection and I don't know if it corresponds to any timeline of a correspondence of accept/reject. But it does mean you are getting closer! Good luck!

User avatar
Capitalist
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby Capitalist » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:52 pm

florentine wrote:
Capitalist wrote:Status changed from "In committee 2/8" to "In committee 2/22". Is this common? Good/bad sign?


Ya it happens to just about everyone. It does not mean much in the way of acceptance or rejection and I don't know if it corresponds to any timeline of a correspondence of accept/reject. But it does mean you are getting closer! Good luck!


Thanks. I looked at some earlier pages, and it looks like after the second "in committee" change, you usually receive a decision in the next week or so.

tropicalpeach
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:24 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby tropicalpeach » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:29 pm

I received my second UR date 2/4 and am still waiting....2.9, 167

User avatar
Capitalist
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby Capitalist » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:31 pm

tropicalpeach wrote:I received my second UR date 2/4 and am still waiting....2.9, 167


With that great LSAT score, I would think you'd be accepted. Good luck, peach.

bartleby
Posts: 1315
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 3:23 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby bartleby » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:31 pm

In today. Any traveling stipends?

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby jarofsoup » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:52 pm

EA defers still in committee?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”