Santa Clara University 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Spack
Posts: 180
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:31 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby Spack » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:09 pm

LilMonsterAnnie wrote:
uwgbluedevil wrote:
wokeemilo wrote:what is going on at santa clara??? in committee since 12/9! let's have some decisions, please.


same here. in committee since 12/3



from IR 11/16
to In committee 1/26
is there really a difference?


Did you submit to the alternate admissions committee based on diversity? I didn't have "in review" ever and have been stuck at in committee for over three months now but I submitted the questionnaire to two of the alternate review boards.

*edited for typo

User avatar
LilMonsterAnnie
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby LilMonsterAnnie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:20 pm

Spack wrote:
LilMonsterAnnie wrote:
uwgbluedevil wrote:
wokeemilo wrote:what is going on at santa clara??? in committee since 12/9! let's have some decisions, please.


same here. in committee since 12/3



from IR 11/16
to In committee 1/26
is there really a difference?


Did you submit to the alternate admissions committee based on diversity? I didn't have "in review" ever and have been stuck at in committee for over three months now but I submitted the questionnaire to two of the alternate review boards.

*edited for typo


I honestly do not even remember (sad isn't it?)...it seems like a previous century at this point.

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby jarofsoup » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:28 pm

I am questioning whehter or EA deferals are even going to get looked at again during this cycle...wasn't I suppose to go back into committee in Jan.? I have a theory that these status checkers are not maintained....

cowgirl_bebop
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:37 pm

In Committee as of 1/27. Let's hope some good news come quickly!

usernamer
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:48 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby usernamer » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:49 pm

App'd on the 18th after a fee waiver, in committee as of the 27th. Haven't read much of the thread so far, but seems like pretty quick turnaround?

User avatar
berkeleyman
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:59 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby berkeleyman » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:21 pm

status still says in review, but under mailings it says decision letter sent 2/01/2011. what the hell? Id be pretty bummed if this was a rejection, it was one of my safeties. 3.5/160

wokeemilo
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:32 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby wokeemilo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:25 pm

berkeleyman wrote:status still says in review, but under mailings it says decision letter sent 2/01/2011. what the hell? Id be pretty bummed if this was a rejection, it was one of my safeties. 3.5/160


that's so weird...so they're planning on sending out your letter on tuesday? odd.

Phatslice
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:22 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby Phatslice » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:30 pm

berkeleyman wrote:status still says in review, but under mailings it says decision letter sent 2/01/2011. what the hell? Id be pretty bummed if this was a rejection, it was one of my safeties. 3.5/160



Santa Clara is a safety school? I think with your numbers it is a school that should accept you but there is a small chance they won't....for me safety schools are schools where I am above their 75th percentile for both LSAT and GPA. With that being said, that is weird that they said there is a decision letter sent out for the 2nd.

User avatar
berkeleyman
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:59 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby berkeleyman » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:33 pm

Phatslice wrote:
berkeleyman wrote:status still says in review, but under mailings it says decision letter sent 2/01/2011. what the hell? Id be pretty bummed if this was a rejection, it was one of my safeties. 3.5/160



Santa Clara is a safety school? I think with your numbers it is a school that should accept you but there is a small chance they won't....for me safety schools are schools where I am above their 75th percentile for both LSAT and GPA. With that being said, that is weird that they said there is a decision letter sent out for the 2nd.


Maybe safety school was the wrong phrase. I just thought I could get in with my numbers, oh well.

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:47 pm

berkeleyman wrote:status still says in review, but under mailings it says decision letter sent 2/01/2011. what the hell? Id be pretty bummed if this was a rejection, it was one of my safeties. 3.5/160


Same here. My numbers are well above both their 75%, so don't rush to judgment. 8)

lalu
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:33 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby lalu » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:54 pm

Anyone admitted with a scholarship offer and thinking of asking for more?

MrMisiu
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby MrMisiu » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:05 pm

lalu wrote:Anyone admitted with a scholarship offer and thinking of asking for more?


Yeeeeeeep. I received a 10k offer from an instate (NJ) school that I could commute to, so that would end up costing me 15k a year. SC would be, literally, quadruple that so I'm going to try in March.

My numbers don't come anywhere near your's, but I'm going to try and milk whatever I can get.

lalu
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:33 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby lalu » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:13 pm

MrMisiu wrote:
lalu wrote:Anyone admitted with a scholarship offer and thinking of asking for more?


Yeeeeeeep. I received a 10k offer from an instate (NJ) school that I could commute to, so that would end up costing me 15k a year. SC would be, literally, quadruple that so I'm going to try in March.

My numbers don't come anywhere near your's, but I'm going to try and milk whatever I can get.



Congrats!
I received a letter offering about 13K for merit but with my numbers I think it should be more than that. Going to wait for more acceptances before I talk to SCU...not sure how to word it yet. I could live at home and commute to SCU so it's pretty appealing, but its rank is far below the other schools I applied to :/.

Kiwi917
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:13 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby Kiwi917 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:01 pm

lalu wrote:
MrMisiu wrote:
lalu wrote:Anyone admitted with a scholarship offer and thinking of asking for more?


Yeeeeeeep. I received a 10k offer from an instate (NJ) school that I could commute to, so that would end up costing me 15k a year. SC would be, literally, quadruple that so I'm going to try in March.

My numbers don't come anywhere near your's, but I'm going to try and milk whatever I can get.



Congrats!
I received a letter offering about 13K for merit but with my numbers I think it should be more than that. Going to wait for more acceptances before I talk to SCU...not sure how to word it yet. I could live at home and commute to SCU so it's pretty appealing, but its rank is far below the other schools I applied to :/.


Same thing happened to me. I'm planning to withdraw this week. SCU is appealing for a lot of reasons, but it would take a lot more that $13K to make it a wise decision for me to go there, unfortunately.

User avatar
Capitalist
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby Capitalist » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:10 pm

Hi all. I received a few waiver from SCU and after doing some research on the school, I decided to apply yesterday (I know it's pretty late in the cycle), but what do you guys peg my chances at 160/3.3 (very strong upward trend)?

Thanks.

sinkorswm
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:33 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby sinkorswm » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:16 pm

berkeleyman wrote:status still says in review, but under mailings it says decision letter sent 2/01/2011. what the hell? Id be pretty bummed if this was a rejection, it was one of my safeties. 3.5/160


Mine says the exact same thing. My guess is they send out a bunch of decisions at once instead of doing letters everyday and that is their next mailing. I wouldn't worry too much about it...

User avatar
LilMonsterAnnie
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby LilMonsterAnnie » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:57 pm

Has anyone who received a "Decision Letter sent" been accepted or rejected? I am assuming the status checker does not give the big green light and you will only get notified by mail.
I am rather sick of being notified by email by a few places (to be quite honest).

MrMisiu
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby MrMisiu » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:07 pm

Back in December, when I had that status, about 3 days later the checker switcher to 'Admitted'

jarofsoup
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby jarofsoup » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:27 pm

EA defered and back in committe FINALLY. Now I am scared. I added an extra letter of rec while I was in defferal.

adonai
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby adonai » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:09 pm

jarofsoup wrote:EA defered and back in committe FINALLY.

+1
Now we wait until May. LOL

User avatar
berkeleyman
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:59 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby berkeleyman » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:11 pm

Status changed to admitted about an hour ago 8)

Phatslice
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:22 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby Phatslice » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:29 pm

My status updated yesterday from IC 12/3 to IC 1/31. Does anyone know how long it takes to get a decision after the IC updates a second time? Thanks.

User avatar
berkeleyman
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:59 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby berkeleyman » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:32 pm

Phatslice wrote:My status updated yesterday from IC 12/3 to IC 1/31. Does anyone know how long it takes to get a decision after the IC updates a second time? Thanks.


I went from IC 12/9 to IC 1/14 and got my decision today

estrellaz
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:20 am

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby estrellaz » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:22 pm

EA applicant back in committee

User avatar
rs2004
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby rs2004 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:39 pm

Got a second in committee date from 1/7 to 2/1




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mccracal and 4 guests