Santa Clara University 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
yoitsmebenny

Re: Santa Clara University 2014

Postby yoitsmebenny » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:43 pm

So any more people planning on attending either of the ASWs? Any ideas if they offer some cost reimbursements?

hopefulIPgirl

Postby hopefulIPgirl » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:11 pm

IfByWhiskey770 wrote:
florentine wrote:
Thanks! I'm really excited because this is my number one choice!

Looks like I'll be seeing some of you guys next fall.

'grats!

+1 I haven't sent in my deposit but will do so soon. See you guys at the preview day!

spicymeatball111

Postby spicymeatball111 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:14 pm

admitted with $$ to the full time program today via snail mail. I went complete around 11/15 and Decision Letter Sent around 12/3. excited!

bandits58

Postby bandits58 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:50 pm

In via Status Checker . . .waiting on that letter still supposedly sent 12/2.

risktaker

Postby risktaker » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:13 pm

What r ur numbers spicy?

shortsnscruffs

Postby shortsnscruffs » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:53 pm

Just wondering about scholly offers... I just received my acceptance letter today and there was no financial aid/scholly info included.

Did most people from the "12/2 decision letter sent batch" get scholly offers with their acceptance letters? Some of the earlier batches seem to have gotten their schollys either separate from the letter of admit or along with the letter. Do international students even get scholly offers?

Thanks, everyone.

florentine

Postby florentine » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:29 pm

shortsnscruffs wrote:Just wondering about scholly offers... I just received my acceptance letter today and there was no financial aid/scholly info included.

Did most people from the "12/2 decision letter sent batch" get scholly offers with their acceptance letters? Some of the earlier batches seem to have gotten their schollys either separate from the letter of admit or along with the letter. Do international students even get scholly offers?

Thanks, everyone.

Ya I got mine with my acceptance. I would assume that international student would get scholly's if their numbers are good but I really don't know, sorry!

ItsMyTimeBoston

Postby ItsMyTimeBoston » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:41 pm

florentine wrote:
shortsnscruffs wrote:Just wondering about scholly offers... I just received my acceptance letter today and there was no financial aid/scholly info included.

Thanks, everyone.

Ya I got mine with my acceptance. I would assume that international student would get scholly's if their numbers are good but I really don't know, sorry!

Although Federal Aid is only given to those with U.S. citizenship or Permanent Residency status, Santa Clara has a page that states that international applicants compete with all other applicants for scholarships:

http://law.scu.edu/financialaid/financi ... udents.cfm

So, there is hope! However, it looks like there are some restrictions regarding eligibility.

spicymeatball111

Postby spicymeatball111 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:37 am

3.7 164, Non-URM Top 20 UG

shortsnscruffs

Postby shortsnscruffs » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:22 am

ItsMyTimeBoston wrote:
florentine wrote:

Thanks, everyone.

Although Federal Aid is only given to those with U.S. citizenship or Permanent Residency status, Santa Clara has a page that states that international applicants compete with all other applicants for scholarships:

So, there is hope! However, it looks like there are some restrictions regarding eligibility.

Would it say on the Santa Clara Status Checker if you got admitted with a scholly? Some of the other schools seem to include that info there... My Status Checker only has the admission outcome, no scholly info... I am worried. Santa Clara is my top choice, but I'm a wee bit daunted by the sticker price.

IfByWhiskey770

Postby IfByWhiskey770 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:17 pm

shortsnscruffs wrote:
ItsMyTimeBoston wrote:
florentine wrote:

Thanks, everyone.

Would it say on the Santa Clara Status Checker if you got admitted with a scholly? Some of the other schools seem to include that info there... My Status Checker only has the admission outcome, no scholly info... I am worried. Santa Clara is my top choice, but I'm a wee bit daunted by the sticker price.

I got a scholarship offer separately and it doesn't say anything about it on my status checker as of yet.

I feel your pain. It's my first choice as well, but my scholarship offer was rather low (not complaining). With the job market the way it is for new attorneys - or experienced attorneys for that matter - I personally went the part-time route so I could hold down a part time job or do federal work study. :?

ItsMyTimeBoston

Postby ItsMyTimeBoston » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:53 pm

IfByWhiskey770 wrote:
I got a scholarship offer separately and it doesn't say anything about it on my status checker as of yet.

I feel your pain. It's my first choice as well, but my scholarship offer was rather low (not complaining). With the job market the way it is for new attorneys - or experienced attorneys for that matter - I personally went the part-time route so I could hold down a part time job or do federal work study. :?

I think the part-time route is very smart. I'm applying part-time to a number of schools including Santa Clara. You can use it to your advantage in a number of ways. Not only can you minimize your debt in this tough legal economy, it also gives you more of an opportunity to really kick ass in those crucial 1L classes and then transfer into the day program at the top of the class; and if you're not at the very top, you can just continue part-time minimizing debt.

FakeBlood

Postby FakeBlood » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:18 pm

applied, its probably my most realistic choice in the bay area besides hastings. anyone else been to the campus yet? it's pretty sweet!

also -- how long did it take them to get your lsdas report? feels like its taking forever..

Chouchous

Postby Chouchous » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:58 pm

FakeBlood wrote:applied, its probably my most realistic choice in the bay area besides hastings. anyone else been to the campus yet? it's pretty sweet!

also -- how long did it take them to get your lsdas report? feels like its taking forever..

Love the campus, too.

Took 2.5 weeks for them to post that my application was complete from the date I applied.

florentine

Postby florentine » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:29 pm

FakeBlood wrote:applied, its probably my most realistic choice in the bay area besides hastings. anyone else been to the campus yet? it's pretty sweet!

Ya it says it usually takes about 7-10 business days to get the report and then maybe some time after that to go complete

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:18 pm

Did anyone submit an evaluation. I submitted two LORs do you think that is enough?

stheskier

Postby stheskier » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:29 pm

jarofsoup wrote:Did anyone submit an evaluation. I submitted two LORs do you think that is enough?

I did the same as you. I am not sure what is best, but I do think too much of a good thing can be a bad thing (as long as your LOR's kicked ass).

Mike088

Postby Mike088 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:42 pm

stheskier wrote:
jarofsoup wrote:Did anyone submit an evaluation. I submitted two LORs do you think that is enough?

I did the same as you. I am not sure what is best, but I do think too much of a good thing can be a bad thing (as long as your LOR's kicked ass).

I honestly only sumbitted 1 LOR, that i thought was my best one. I figured they didn't want more than that since they recommended sending 0.

I submitted my app on december 4th, and have been Pending LSDAS report for a while since. I'm hoping i can hear back from SCU soon, because if i don't get into Davis or Hastings i'm banking on having to decide between staying in the bay for SCU or maybe choosing to go to a better school like loyola or USD in socal...

mistermister

Postby mistermister » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:03 pm

They seem to have slowed down a bit on decisions.

Been in committee since 12/7

stheskier

Postby stheskier » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:11 pm

mistermister wrote:They seem to have slowed down a bit on decisions.

Been in committee since 12/7

Umm, I've been in committee since 11/3.. so yeah. I did not apply EA though, and I think some people who did apply EA are still waiting for an answer.

MrMisiu

Postby MrMisiu » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:45 pm

stheskier wrote:I think some people who did apply EA are still waiting for an answer.

Sure are :evil:

swilson215

Postby swilson215 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:48 pm

MrMisiu wrote:
stheskier wrote:I think some people who did apply EA are still waiting for an answer.

Yep. +1.

Mike088

Postby Mike088 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:31 pm

I saw on the hastings and davis posts that they are traditionally slowwwwww as can be. Does anybody know whether that's the case with SCU?

MrMisiu

Postby MrMisiu » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:55 pm

swilson215 wrote:
MrMisiu wrote:

Yep. +1.

CHECK IT!!

I just got 'Decision sent'-ed!

Mike088

Postby Mike088 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:57 pm

MrMisiu wrote:
swilson215 wrote:
MrMisiu wrote:

Yep. +1.

CHECK IT!!

I just got 'Decision sent'-ed!

Good luck!!!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”